PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Cambodia or Vietnam?

fmolder
July 1st, 2017, 02:28
I have to decide where to go: Cambodia or Vietnam. I am interested in sightseeing but mostly commercialguys and gaymassage.
Thank you guys.

Andaman!
July 1st, 2017, 13:40
Having visited both on more than one occasion, I would say that Cambodia is less expensive and a richer experience both culturally, visually....and sensually!

bobsaigon2
July 1st, 2017, 14:13
I agree with Andaman! I live in Vietnam and have visited Phnom Penh numerous times. Vietnam is more expensive and the standard of living is much higher than in Cambodia but there are more massage venues in Phnom Penh and all are geared to providing a happy ending. Some bars have freelancers (check in advance to see if your hotel accepts visitors because some don't). Read the many Phnom Penh trip reports on this site and others.

goji
July 2nd, 2017, 16:34
Easy. It's Cambodia by a long way. Also, Phonm Penh has more of a gay scene than I found anywhere in Vietnam.

fmolder
July 7th, 2017, 14:13
Thank you all guys. I have checked the flights to Cambodia and they are pretty expensive. I will probably end up going to Manila.

Moses
July 7th, 2017, 14:25
Thank you all guys. I have checked the flights to Cambodia and they are pretty expensive. I will probably end up going to Manila.

When flights are expensive: ppl combine ground transportation with flights to Bangkok (for Siem Reap) or to Saigon (for Phnom Penh)

frequent
July 7th, 2017, 14:27
I have checked the flights to Cambodia and they are pretty expensive.From where?

goji
July 7th, 2017, 20:57
Yes, if your budget is tight, you can take overland transport in 1 direction from Thailand. You get to see some of the countries that way as well

JamesI
August 6th, 2017, 05:33
I love Cambodia but hey take US dollars with you lots of them before you go into the country.
only way to make things happen for you..you must admit if you have US dollars you can have
anything you want all over Asia..including Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia..sad but that is the
way it works..have a good trip ok and be good and careful..

goji
August 6th, 2017, 16:25
It's not strictly necessary to take USD with you before going to Cambodia, since the ATMs dispense them.

Of course, depending on the transaction fees and what currency you have already, it may be cheaper to just bring some with you.

Just remember:
1 Cambodia is not a place to be leaving cash in the hotel safe.
2 Larger notes need to be in pristine condition.
3 Every time you present a $20 or $50 note, even in a large supermarket, they will ask if you have something smaller. Be prepared to say no, so that you do have some smaller notes for when you need them.