PDA

View Full Version : Google Fined

arsenal
June 27th, 2017, 21:57
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40406542

Well that is almost unbelievable isn't it. Google were giving prominence to their own products and to those advertisers who paid them money. I can hardly believe it. So google maps (free) and google earth (free) and google street view (free) and gmail (free) and youtube (free) and google translate (rubbish but free) and plenty of other stuff that we all use and pay nothing for are supposed to be paid for how? Most people are not that stupid that they can't work out if the product is the one they want or a different one. This strikes me as little more than a cash grab by the EU to a company that has given us a whole new view of the world. And personally, I think it stinks.

cdnmatt
June 27th, 2017, 23:14
Bullshit. Google is a private company. If you don't like their practicies, then go use Bing or Yahoo.

arsenal
June 27th, 2017, 23:24
Exactly. By using Google's search engine you are effectively entering the Google shop just as if you enter into the websites of Tesco or Wal-Mart. So of course prominence will be given to those products that yield the highest return. It's not like they have a monopoly.