PDA

View Full Version : One more gay hotel at Jomtien beach gone.

Moses
June 10th, 2017, 20:42
DD Inn been sold at May. Now only Tui's place represents formerly "gay hotels cluster in front of Dontang gay beach".

goji
June 10th, 2017, 22:17
I quite often used their bar toilets on the way back from the beach.
Same price & barely any better than the ones on the beach.

Always led me to wonder if the hotel had similar neglect, but no way was I going to investigate.

latintopxxx
June 12th, 2017, 12:39
I really do enjoy a gay hotel, as in a totally gay enviornment. If possible I do stay in gay venues/neighbourhoods. But unfortunately they seem to be dying. Younger gays seem to want to blend in with the breeders.

Daveuk
June 14th, 2017, 01:06
I always stay now at predominantly gay hotels in Pattaya. Recently these have been the Ambiance, Sansuck Guesthouse and latterly the Posiedon in Jomtien. I've nothing against breeders but I feel more relaxed mingling with other gays. The three I've mentioned probably occasionally will have non gay guests because their websites and also Tripadviser do not spell out their customer base enough. I have seen reports on Tripadviser where non gay guests voiced their disapproval about having to share space with older gay men and their young Thai boyfriends.

scottish-guy
June 14th, 2017, 01:21
I, on the other hand, feel infinitely less relaxed in a gay hotel and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

It's certainly not that I want to "mingle with the breeders", it's that in gay hotels I feel as if my every move is watched and subject to comment from the elderly gay desperadoes who litter the place.

Now you might very well put that down to imagination or even paranoia - but the nudging, winking, and leering at any attractive boy you might have in your company is an observable fact.

In fact I have even had companions who were followed into the toilet and propositioned by other gay residents who simply have no conception of what constitutes proper behaviour.

I accept that these disgraceful old reprobates are a minority of gay travellers but I'd rather not be around them.

colmx
June 14th, 2017, 01:32
Hi Moses - I just got the mysterious disappearing thread bug
Seems in this case all text after the e in cafe royale went missing

ie.
"I kinda feel the safe as SG on the gay hotel thing...

I remember being in the bar in caf"

colmx
June 14th, 2017, 01:35
I feel the same as SG on the gay hotel thing...

I remember being in the bar in cafe royale late one night (I was a resident) with some Thai friends. A farang guy sat uninvited at our table and after some idle chat came straight out and asked me how much I wanted for one of my friends... Needless to say he was told where to go!

Moses
June 14th, 2017, 02:17
Hi Moses - I just got the mysterious disappearing thread bug

could you please tell comp/tablet/phone and browser you use and check what editor is used by default in your settings?
(top-right corner "settings", in new window at left - my account - general settings, then scroll down and look at Miscellaneous Options
Message Editor Interface:what choosed here in your settings?

colmx
June 14th, 2017, 02:38
Hi Moses
I am using a non touch screen Laptop running Win 10 and IE 11.1198
My default editor is: Basic Editor - A simple text box, and I was using the Quick Reply option
Style is: Metro

As per my reported post I think its the French autocorrected "e" in cafe that causes the truncation

colmx
June 14th, 2017, 02:39
I just reproduced the issue by letting my browser autocorrect cafe to caf(e) - everything after the French accent on e is removed

Moses
June 14th, 2017, 02:45
I just reproduced the issue by letting my browser autocorrect cafe to caf(e) - everything after the French accent on e is removed

hehe... yes, I supposed that as a second case... we have some anti-hack filter that filtering some special characters... ok, thank you: I will check content of the filter...

Moses
June 14th, 2017, 03:27
I have 2 news:

1. It is forum's software bug and developers know about it ("Posting certain characters causes forum posts to be cut off")
2. they didn't fix it in our version of software :(

colmx
June 14th, 2017, 03:32
Thanks for the update and quick research Moses. I guess we will just have to refer to Cafe Royale as LCR from now on!

scottish-guy
June 14th, 2017, 04:22
Funnily enough, about the worst instance of inappropriate behaviour that I experienced was also in LCR when I was having a meal with my BF and friends and some English fucker from whom Benny Hill could have taken lessons on leering, just would not quit - winking, waving room key etc

The final straw was when he followed BF to the toilet and tried to proposition him. I just told him that either he stop it or I'd start punching him until either he lost consciousness or I broke my hand, whichever came first.

David, who was obv the night manager at the time had to intervene and I believe the cunt checked out of LCR the next morning.

So, I'd far rather stay in mainstream hotels now

colmx
June 14th, 2017, 04:55
some English fucker from whom Benny Hill could have taken lessons on leering, just would not quit - winking, waving room key etc

oh dear, sounds like you completely scared Arsenal away! :-P

arsenal
June 14th, 2017, 06:45
Ah yes, I remember the incident well. I didn't realise the beautiful young boy was Scottish's boyfriend. I just assumed he was his 24 hour carer because he's virtually bedridden these days.
😎

Daveuk
June 14th, 2017, 09:50
Interesting divergence of views as to merits of staying in gay or non-gay hotels. A few years ago I was very keen on swimming as a means of keeping fit and improving my body shape. I checked a number of hotels and located one with a large pool and stayed there for a week or so during my normally three week visits to Pattaya. Unfortunately guests included groups of often homophobic drunken men and I found myself under observation and subject to comments when with my young Thai boyfriends at the pool, returning with offs and having breakfast with them.
Now I stay in gay hotels and swim at the Tony gym on third road where there is a good pool.

FarangRuMak
June 22nd, 2017, 12:31
Perhaps this hotel will re-open as an upgraded "gay hotel"? This often happens.
The stealing, poaching, borrowing, furtive smoking, quickie hand jobbing and outright deflowering of our sweethearts by other gays is a big risk factor in Gay hotels and even in Gay plazas such as Sunnee and complexes such as Jomtien.
But once you become a cuckold you quickly join in the fun as an obnoxious browser and consumer of the smorgasbord that is Pattaya.
Ganymede finished for me when the hung dog Russians turned up at the pool with their pregnant women in tow. Likewise with the trendy breeder invasion of the "gay" resorts in SiemReap.

Moses
June 22nd, 2017, 13:59
Perhaps this hotel will re-open as an upgraded "gay hotel"? This often happens.
I doubt: new owners are str8.

FarangRuMak
June 23rd, 2017, 05:34
I doubt: new owners are str8.
I've been told by a long term guest that the owner Mr. M.L. has sold to friends who intend renovating to a high standard.
They intend retaining most of the staff and and taking on some new people and intend running the place as a gay hotel though they are straight themselves-he tells me.
There is a big repeat business involved here it seems, which is part of the reason that it was bought.
Sounds ok but we'll see if the customers agree to return.

neddy3
June 23rd, 2017, 06:31
They intend retaining most of the staff and and taking on some new people and intend running the place as a gay hotel though they are straight themselves.

An interesting concept!

francois
June 23rd, 2017, 07:01
Thanks for the update and quick research Moses. I guess we will just have to refer to Cafe Royale as LCR from now on!

Just got around to reading this thread.
No worry colmx, Le Cafe Royale is now the New Cafe Royal. No need for those French accents.

colmx
June 24th, 2017, 01:21
I always thought that the DD inn was a Short time knocking shop for the beach boys and Bamboo bar
Didn't realise that they rented rooms by longer than an hour!

Moses
August 13th, 2017, 21:45
I've been told by a long term guest that the owner Mr. M.L. has sold to friends who intend renovating to a high standard.
They intend retaining most of the staff and and taking on some new people and intend running the place as a gay hotel though they are straight themselves-he tells me.
There is a big repeat business involved here it seems, which is part of the reason that it was bought.
Sounds ok but we'll see if the customers agree to return.

It returned as a beach hostel... 16 (sixteen) bunks in room... whoa...
https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/dd-inn-beach-hostel.html

bobsaigon2
August 13th, 2017, 23:07
OMG. Going to Pattaya to sleep in a room with 15 other people? I just can't imagine how the owners came up with that business plan.

sglad
August 13th, 2017, 23:35
I, on the other hand, feel infinitely less relaxed in a gay hotel and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

It's certainly not that I want to "mingle with the breeders", it's that in gay hotels I feel as if my every move is watched and subject to comment from the elderly gay desperadoes who litter the place.

Now you might very well put that down to imagination or even paranoia - but the nudging, winking, and leering at any attractive boy you might have in your company is an observable fact.

In fact I have even had companions who were followed into the toilet and propositioned by other gay residents who simply have no conception of what constitutes proper behaviour.

I accept that these disgraceful old reprobates are a minority of gay travellers but I'd rather not be around them.

I agree with scottish-guy 100%. My friends and I have been subjected to this "no conception of what constitutes proper behaviour" online as well as at gay-oriented venues. I was stalked and hit on here the moment I joined with love-letters and requests to meet via PM, which got more aggressive as the days went by and when I didn't respond, was openly attacked as a troll on the open board. Harassment and lack of privacy are two of the reasons why we don't stay at gay hotels in Thailand. Somehow some of the clientele think we should all be friends just because we're gay and staying at a gay hotel Besides, a hotel is just a place where we go to sleep, shower and have breakfast; there's no need to stay at an exclusively gay one. Moreover, from what I've seen, some of these gay hotels are really shabby and one can get better accommodations for the same price.

sglad
August 14th, 2017, 00:02
OMG. Going to Pattaya to sleep in a room with 15 other people? I just can't imagine how the owners came up with that business plan.

Backpackers tend to stay in these types of accommodation. Perhaps they're tapping into a potential market?

FarangRuMak
August 14th, 2017, 08:07
Looks like that this is for young back-packers and by that I don't mean anything naughty.
Yes, looks like one more (naughty) gay back-packing location gone.

FarangRuMak
August 14th, 2017, 08:19
+sglad.
I agree that sometimes a gay venue is the worst place to bring a handsome beau.
Some years ago in Jomtien while having breakfast with my most recent acquisition the waiter dropped a note on to my dropdeadgeorgeousdarling's lap while clearing the table.
On it was written a phone number with the words Call Me Please and it had been written by a farang at a nearby table.
That waiter was a friend of mine or so I thought.

scottish-guy
August 14th, 2017, 15:55
I expect no more than predatory behaviour from some of the gay desperadoes who infest the gay scene.

The elderly ones usually have self control - I find it's the 40-60s who sniff around like blowflies over a hot turd and usually they're from the UK

latintopxxx
August 14th, 2017, 16:07
scat-boy.....if u cant afford to hold onto the whore than u better hop onto your zimmer frame and scuttle back to your bedsit.....they dont love u or even like u...its the money....only the cash....

scottish-guy
August 14th, 2017, 17:14
Its not a matter of whether a boy likes me or not - its a matter of him being with *me* at that point in time and some gay desperado perverts being low class trash and having no self control or respect for other people.

Oh, and if the Kippah fits, wear it.

latintopxxx
August 14th, 2017, 17:43
...only with u if u can afford him...doesnt love u...damn..most probably cant stand the sight of u...so any excuse to make an exit

scottish-guy
August 14th, 2017, 18:10
Unsurprisingly I'm well aware of the commercial nature of offing boys, but despite the occasional no-class antics of the type of person I'm talking about, I haven't had a boy run out on me yet.

Have to say it kinda sounds like you have - is that why you're so bitter and twisted?

latintopxxx
August 15th, 2017, 02:41
..as if I would even bother hanging around in public with the hired help!!!! They are there to pleasure me....to be used....not my equal.