PDA

View Full Version : The next Chapter for SGT

Surfcrest
June 8th, 2017, 11:58
Members,

As I’ve mentioned already, I am passing my portion of the ownership of this site over to my good friend Moses so that he can be the sole owner of the site and take direction of where the site goes next.

The last portion of the changes will be transparent, things that you as members won’t notice with respect to the site. The exception to this will be the moderation of the Forum and when Moses would like, the front page management of the site.

Managing our Facebook and Twitter pages may be an incredible amount of work to take on and so we’ll let Moses decide, what happens with this arm of the site that is broadcasting to the passing traffic that we’re out there.

I’d like to thank Moses, for taking on the technical side of the site and working his magic both here on our site and with our friend’s sites in the community. It’s an incredible amount of work to have taken on, especially for free…given the value of his talents in the business.

I’d like to thank cdnmatt for rescuing me and this site more than a few times, in the years elephantspike (Bob) was with us, or not with us. Thanks to Bob ( elephantspike ) for being there when we took the site away from Neal… to Smiles, the original founder of this site and Allen Briggs, for the original idea and all of these gentlemen’s tireless work for the years of enjoyment with these sites.

I find myself thinking of John (jinks) and the fun he and I had in the early days, trying to figure all of this out once we locked Neal out. And of course to you, the membership for being here, off and on throughout the years…

Surfcrest

arsenal
June 8th, 2017, 12:20
Many thanks for all the work you put in to make this site what it is. I hope you will continue to post as a member now that Moses is dealing with this nest of vipers alone.

scottish-guy
June 8th, 2017, 15:07
A simple but heartfelt thanks Surfy, with best wishes for whatever lies ahead

Manforallseasons
June 8th, 2017, 15:13
Wise decission best of luck! As the entire gay scene is so much deminished three boards cannot survive. Gaybutton survives because his boad no longer is dependant on posts soley about things gay, Gaythailand is for the diehard ever reducing numbers of older gays that still visit Thailand.

cdnmatt
June 8th, 2017, 23:11
Thanks for salvaging this board from Neal, and all the best with your future endeavours.

Also, good to know you're leaving the forum in good hands, as I'm sure Moses will continue to do a great job.

francois
June 9th, 2017, 02:54
Enjoyment your "retirement" Surfcrest and thanks for all the help you have given me. :kiss:

Francois

Smiles
June 9th, 2017, 11:12
Surfcrest, thanks for keeping Sawatdee keeping on.
You and I share at least one piece of togetherness: as you mention above we both have owned Sawatdee. I started it from nothing, and you saved it from The Dark Side.
I enjoyed Sawatdee as an owner . . . until I didn't (have 'enjoyment' that is). You took it when Sawatdee was on it's knees, and you made it stand up again. For that I totally congratulate you.

I also very much miss Jinks. He was a co-Moderator with me when Elephantspike decided to essentially abandon Sawatdee (even though he kept ownership). We spent quite a few evenings drinking and laughing together in the bars of Jomtien Plaza. Most of the laughter had to do with how we could get the goat of Hedda! It was easy to do.

Happy travelings Surf! :air_kiss:

Good luck Moses!! :dirol_mini:

jvt22222
June 10th, 2017, 05:38
Thanks for your efforts to keep this forum up and running.... I have been with this forum -- and its various iterations -- since the glory days of Allen Briggs ... what a valuable tool it has been for lots of reasons over the years!! By my count that is in the neighborhood of 20 years ... GADS!! Looking forward to the ongoing development of the forum. Again, many thanks from a satisfied customer.

lego
June 11th, 2017, 08:55
Surfcrest, thanks for rescuing this forum and thanks for having found a good solution for the future. As the one who rescued the forum and kept it alive, you deserve credit. As a moderator, I think you were problematic, because you don't understand the technology and liked to engage in petty squabbling with (certain) members. That's why I think handing SGT over to Moses completely is a wise decision, and for that again you deserve praise. All the best to you, and all the best to Moses!