PDA

View Full Version : Settlement Visa - Success!

July 12th, 2006, 14:12
Dear All,

Today my boyfriend collected his passport and he has been granted the settlement visa for the UK.

He applied only one week ago, and I thought we might have to wait up to thirteen weeks, with the Embassy website showing an average wait of seven weeks.

So now I am booking flights for August, and trying to arrange our Civil Partnership celebration - so much to do!!!

So it can happen! :bounce:

July 12th, 2006, 16:55
DELETED

AMARETTO-old
July 12th, 2006, 17:40
To John Botting, here is the story of the visa : http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... highlight= (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7319&highlight=)

Congratulations Trikyrich, wish you and your B/F the best.

July 12th, 2006, 17:47
Fabulous news! Can i come to the wedding lol? I got a new suit i need an excuse to wear!

Dodger
July 12th, 2006, 17:57
Congratulations TR...it's great to hear good news once in a while.

Is your date for the celebration set yet?

jinks
July 12th, 2006, 17:59
Fabulous news! Can I come to the wedding ?

... .... DITTO

I need a new suit, this will be a perfect excuse to go shopping :cheers:

hulljake
July 12th, 2006, 18:22
TrickyRich:
Today my boyfriend collected his passport and he has been granted the settlement visa for the UK.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

X

July 13th, 2006, 02:16
Oogleman and Jinks - 9th December in the Brydon Room at Chelsea Town Hall, Kings Road, at 11.30am. Suits optional!!!

John B. - I hope the link provided does tell the story, but he has had two previous visas for the UK, the first he did not use, and the second brought him here for a month in April this year.

But the process of applying for the Settlement Visa was billed as taking up to three months, so I just cannot believe that we have the visa in less than one week, without even an interview!!! I think there must be some lovely old queen working in the department in the Embassy last week who made it all go through!!!

Next week I move house, four weeks after that I shall be in Thailand...........life is moving fast!!

Cheers!

colmx
July 13th, 2006, 03:18
Hi TR
Wow thats great news...
I thought the turn around on my BFs recent 2nd visa for Ireland was fast!
But 7 days on a settlement visa is amazing!

Unfortunately they don't have civil partnershops in Ireland yet... but i'm hoping they'll be here soon!

Best of luck with the Wedding!
:flower:

Michael
July 13th, 2006, 04:06
Tricky,
Well, what a rollercoaster ride of emotions and developments that you've shared with this forum over the years.
I'm so pleased that things are starting to work out so well for you now.
Thank you for sharing!
Is that an open invitation?

Dick
July 13th, 2006, 06:11
Richard. Congratulations to you both. Brilliant! I'm glad Yad has made an honest girly of you:-)
Just ordinary people, yet you're among the first to have achieved so much. I'm thinking Milestones. I'm sure many on the board share in your joy and already feel part of your success.

Chelsea indeed! That'll be one to remember. At least I've a few months yet to figure out what to wear.

Good Luck to you both as a Happy Couple!

July 13th, 2006, 06:31
Way go Thailand whit all that rain, bring Thailand to your home !

And way only Thailand ? Korea seems nice as well !

catawampuscat
July 13th, 2006, 11:30
Tricky has been great with keeping us updated on his amazing adventure and romance.. Depite the horrendous odds, he has managed to
find happiness and since I have met him and know his Thai bf, I can tell Tricky that his bf seems genuine to me and is serious about the
relationship..It helps that he can speak English and is over 25 y.o.... Very difficult to have a serious relationship with teenagers as they
need to experience the ups and downs of life in a town like Pattaya to appreciate a sincere farang and a serious relationship...Bravo and
good luck, you are a brave man and deserve all the happiness in the world... Everyone loves a love story and everyone loves the disaster stories
as well but for every ten disasters there has to be a happy ending on some of relationships.. :cat:

jinks
July 13th, 2006, 19:05
Trickyrich... my apoligies at 11.30am GMT I will be arriving in Thailand.

July 14th, 2006, 14:08
I would like to add my congratulations, I will never benefit from this particular legislation but I think we should give credit to Tony Blair from bringing this in. I also had a friend recently who took advantage of this to enter a civil partnership with his Thai partner. Just think if Tebbitt or any of his ilk had been in power this would never have happened and they did their best to stop it.