PDA

View Full Version : One night in Bangkok - places I visited

January 15th, 2006, 12:06
JUPITER
I went there at 10.15p.m. on Saturday night 14th January 2006. The place was crammed downstairs but there was room upstairs. The great Hi-Fi system was blasting away but that's OK as the quality is so good that it does not hurt. Service was attentive but confused - I ordered a Black Rocks and got a Creme de Menthe Frappe.

For anyone who has not been before, it is located behind the Suriwong Hotel on Suriwong road across from Duanthawee Plaza but nearer Rama IV. You can see a big neon sign from the main road. The inside is two stories high with a very large stage and window balconies above for the boys to appear. The decor is very modern stainless steel and glass with a plexiglass staircase from the stage to the 2nd floor. Seating is mostly uncomfortable and many spots have restricted views or an aisle for people to pass infront of you.. Drinks, on Saturday were Bt250 and off fee Bt400. This seems the norm for the top bars now.

I was fairly gobsmacked at the magnificence of the boys. They were superb and mostly very athletic with some quite muscled. They all wear white socks and trainers with tight white lycra shorts. Some wear shirts but most show off their six packs. The show started with 30+ boys doing the Boyz Boyz Boyz number which most do in a disinterested manner. Then the dance numbers and they were terrific, inventive fast and well rehearsed with plenty of toned flesh in view and the odd katoey around for contrast.

I though it marvellous but had to leave before the end for an appointment. I plan to go back tonight with friends.

KY SAUNA

This was on Rama IV just by BBB Inn and closed after a fire last year. I was surprised to see it open again last night. Outside was and extremely handsome young man wearing a very tight white t-shirt and jeans. I complimented him and arranged to see him later. I went back and he was there so we went inside. There is a very modest reception area. I ordered drinks Bt100 a go and the Mamasan explained that the fees were Bt1500 for massage for 1 or 2 hours and that included the tip for the boy. If you want to off the boy the fee is Bt1500 which excludes the tip for the boy. I had difficulty understanding the off fee price and it was explained to me several times. I offered half that and was refused.

I had a nice time with the boy, shirt off (him) and plenty of molestation. He had worked before at Andy's Massage near Freeman. After visiting the toilet - absolutely filthy and brown stained walls - yuk. Then I saw a huge cockroach wandering around the reception area with a proprietorial air. The boy told me that he does not give or receive so I decided to leave and gave him a hefty tip - worth it for his magnificent smile.

Hopefully, they will be doing a lot of decoration and reviewing their tariffs and recruiting more guys like the one I met.

Q POOL

This place opposit Dick's Cafe has closed and been snapped up by Mr.X of X-Man and X-Boys and a host of other gay places. The rumour is that he is going to make it into a discotheque.

DICK'S CAFE BANGKOK

I could sit there for weeks just watching the parade go by. This is people watching at it's most varied and interesting. The staff are fun,attractive and attentive and the cafe menu is tasty. Certainly on my 'must visit list, for any gays in Bangkok. .

TAWAN

Very unusually for me I did not make it there. I mostly try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights in Bangkok as the bars get so busy.

January 16th, 2006, 06:15
I stopped in at Jupiter for the first time on New Years. I too was impressed by the quality of the guys. At least 3 or 4 qualifed as 5*.

Smiles
January 16th, 2006, 07:58
Thanks for the report Wowpow.

It's not on your list, but did you get to Future Boys? Have had good times there in the past, but haven't been for about 2 years.

Cheers ...

January 16th, 2006, 08:15
I agree, some of the Jupiter boys are stunning. But how are they in the sack?

January 16th, 2006, 10:42
DELETED

Sen Yai
January 16th, 2006, 12:43
I've become a bit of a regular at Jupiter 2002 and have got to know some of the staff there. (Note, it is Jupiter 2002, not 2000 as in Future2000.)

Throughout the course of last year, it was often 'standing room only' for the show on Friday or Saturday, but when I was there last Friday, it was very quiet with about half the usual number of custmers or boys. It seems that this was due to the 'Friday 13th' effect with few Thai punters and many of the boy's offing themselves to avoid bad luck! So its good to hear from wowpow that its a busy again on Saturday.

Boygeenius, whether the boys there are any good in the sack is quite subjective as this depends on a certain amount of chemistry between you and your chosen boy. That may be the same anywhere but the guys at Jupiter tend to be more of the uni student type, rather than Isaan farm-boys, so some many think they exhibit a little arrogance. There has been quite a high turn-over of boys recently and some feel that the overall quality has dropped. But choose well, and you should not be disappointed!

Smiles, Future2000 is much the same as it always was, but in the light of the renovations at some other bars, principally Dream Boy and Boys Bangkok, which are both more spacious, have better sound systems and more 'professional' shows, Future is looking a little tired and shabby. Some of the boys have defected to the newer bars too. It's probably time for an update at Future.

January 16th, 2006, 13:35
My friend arrived from the UK. I went to the airport to meet him and took the subway to Bang Sue and then a taxi. Subway Bt36 and taxi Bt120 it took longer and was the same price as a taxi all the way.

My friend went off to Candle T Massage for relax and relief and came back glowing with pleasure having had the massage of his life - "must have spent over half an hour on my bum!" http://www.candlethaispa.com/ seems to be under construction.

Dined at Dick's with friends - yummy Chicken with cashew nuts. I seem to have managed to get them to stop drowning my scotch with mixers but by then the bottle was finished so I bough a new one Bt800 for 100 Pipers and free mixers plus they keep it for you in the bar.

Oddly my friend had not been to Jupiter before and he was quite blown away by the superb tittilating dancing show. The shower show was good and the big cock peeking out from lycra shorts was impressive. One guys hugeness brought gasps of disbelief from the audience. Drinks had dropped to Bt200 a throw. Now I could swear that the waiter asked for Bt500 when serving the drinks. I asked him to put the check in a cup as we will want more and he did. When I looked two drinks cost Bt400. Maybe they get confused with the prices changing nightly????

Then to Tawan but on the way I met Mr. Meyking already offed and looking soo handsome - he has been away. At the bar it was fun but not many customers. The boys were very fit as there is a competition somewhere later this month. There was something on earlier which I did not get the gist of but there had been lucky numbers and the boys got prizes. Later on there was a scuffle and some boys emerged from a scrum triumphantly clutching - tins of lychees in syrup - what a weird wonderful country.

TrongpaiExpat
January 16th, 2006, 20:20
I went to the airport to meet him and took the subway to Bang Sue and then a taxi. Subway Bt36 and taxi Bt120 it took longer and was the same price as a taxi all the way.

Bang Sue? why did you not get off at Mo Chit/ Chatuchal park? From there it's a straight shot to the airport for 35/50B taxi or any of the buses, including three AC buses, #29, #45, for 10B or less.

January 17th, 2006, 08:14
Jupiter has a reputation as being a rice bar ie. more Asians for Asians than otherwise. A boy who once worked there told me they ask for a joining fee of 5K baht from the boy who has to work it off if he can't pay it up front. That's what he told me - I have no way of verifying it. Again, too many boys with tattoos for my liking, and a rather dreary show last time I went

January 17th, 2006, 08:35
The boys are indeed quite nice looking but my experience too has been that performance-wise they're often disappointing. Generally, one senses that the guys there aren't terribly happy with the management and there is a certain air of disinterest in doing anything. A recent guy had an attitude of "how much you going to tip me?" before he does anything. The 5,000 baht upfront fee may explain it!

January 17th, 2006, 08:39
I'd have to say I found the boys uninterested rather than disinterested - their partiality was for other Asians which was a reason for working in that bar in the first place

bucknaway
January 17th, 2006, 08:49
If you ever see me, don't just sit there. Say hi or something..... Don't be shy http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/paulindelaware/peek.gif

I saw you on Saturday night in Soi Twilight. I was sitting at a bar at the enterance and I saw you walk past. I wasn't sure it was you as I have only seen you at a distance, however now you say you were there it obviously was you.

January 17th, 2006, 09:00
I wonder why I don't encounter the troubles that other find. I have offed a few guys from Jupiter and they have been the superstar level ones that look like gods and dance up a storm. One was the dance teacher and used to organize the shows. They have all been charming company and a delight in bed, willing and able. My tip of Bt1500 has always been accepted politely. When I go back they always give me a smiles and often a wai from the stage.

There are a couple who don't seem interested in going off. Maybe they are tired or are content with getting the money for doing the show. That's fine I just move on. Maybe it's a chemistry thing? Maybe it's my obvious delight in going with a glorious young man that this fat old fart tells them how lubelaw (handsome and buffed) they are and I clearly mean what I say.

In Jupiter the stage is rather distant from the audience and it's quite difficult to get eye contact with the boys. I usually have to ask a waiter to introduce a guy to me and then make an appointment for him to meet me after he has done the show. The original concept was for the boys to sit on the stainless steel benches at the back of the bar but this has now been commandeered for customers. Now the guys congregate by the door and some walk around a bit.

Like all the bars the majority of customers are Asians. In my experience the boys are less keen on them than farangs, Taiwanese or Japanese as these nationals seem to tip more generously. Having said that, and I do chat to the boys about the topic, the biggest one night tippers have been Thai. One gave a guy Bt20,000 and another Bt50,000 and he was a Government Minister.

January 17th, 2006, 09:09
... the biggest one night tippers have been Thai. One gave a guy Bt20,000 and another Bt50,000 and he was a Government Minister.
God, how often have I heard stories like that from hookers in every country I've visited - and I'm betting none of them are ever true. A Thai government minister going to a go-go bar (male or female)!! :geek:

Sen Yai
January 17th, 2006, 13:20
... the biggest one night tippers have been Thai. One gave a guy Bt20,000 and another Bt50,000 and he was a Government Minister.
God, how often have I heard stories like that from hookers in every country I've visited - and I'm betting none of them are ever true. A Thai government minister going to a go-go bar (male or female)!! :geek:

Many bars, and in particular Jupiter2002, do a good trade in phone-bookings. The Jupiter dancers also do private functions.

January 17th, 2006, 14:37
There must be some Thai Govt ministers who are wooly moofs too !

January 17th, 2006, 17:23
Wowpow, can you provide directions to Candle Spa? The site is now working and the pics of masseurs are stunning - only they give very poor directions on how to get there...

Thanks

January 17th, 2006, 17:35
Directions. It is on Rama IV not far from Soi Ngam Duphli - of Pinnacle and Malaysia Hotels fame. Opposite, the huge, Lumphini Tower is a soi of street food stalls go down there a short way and you will see a tower block which is Rama IV Court. Walk into the car park section and there are shops on the right. Candle T is a few shops along.

If by chance you don't care for it you can try Sanctuary Spa which is similar and in the third block along.

January 18th, 2006, 23:45
Following the notion of tall stories from hookers... a couple in London told me they had been with x and y famous Hollywood stars... and got tipped silly sums. Could be part of the softening up process of the punter.

marc11864-old
January 19th, 2006, 10:38
I always wondered if the song might have originally been titled, "One Night With A Big Cock!" would it still have been such a catchy tune?

January 19th, 2006, 15:07
I always wondered if the song might have originally been titled, "One Night With A Big Cock!" would it still have been such a catchy tune?

Perhaps not as catchy--But infinitely more popular!

January 19th, 2006, 15:16
Following the notion of tall stories from hookers...

If you play it right this can take half-an-hour to tell:
Three typists reported for work on Monday morning.
Heather, typing away like a whirlwind, related her weekend, with a man she had just met, at his estate on Long Island.
Ashley, hitting close to 200 words-per-minute, said she had met a man too. They flew to Paris, in his private jet, stayed at the George V...
Pearl, doing the one-finger hunt & peck, said; "I'm a whore too.... Now how do you work this damn thing!"

January 19th, 2006, 18:00
THE AMERICAN:
Bangkok, Oriental setting
And the city don't know what the city is getting
The creme de la creme of the chess world in a
Show with everything but Yul Brynner

Time flies -- doesn't seem a minute
Since the Tirolean spa had the chess boys in it
All change -- don't you know that when you
Play at this level there's no ordinary venue

It's Iceland -- or the Philippines -- or Hastings -- or --
or this place!

COMPANY:
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

THE AMERICAN:
One town's very like another
When your head's down over your pieces, brother

COMPANY:
It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity
To be looking at the board, not looking at the city

THE AMERICAN:
Whaddya mean? Ya seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town --

COMPANY:
Tea, girls, warm, sweet
Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite

THE AMERICAN:
Get Thai'd! You're talking to a tourist
Whose every move's among the purest
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine

COMPANY:
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

THE AMERICAN:
Siam's gonna be the witness
To the ultimate test of cerebral fitness
This grips me more than would a
Muddy old river or reclining Buddha
And thank God I'm only watching the game -- controlling it --

I don't see you guys rating
The kind of mate I'm contemplating
I'd let you watch, I would invite you
But the queens we use would not excite you

So you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage
parlours --

COMPANY:
One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
A little flesh, a little history
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

A little something about Murray Head
As if to prove my point that early '80s pop music was infinitely more diverse than that of the '90s and today, Murray Head's "One Night in Bangkok" came from a highly unusual source for top forty songs, a musical stage show. Chess was written by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, both of ABBA fame, and renown lyricist Tim Rice. It was a cold-war parable taking place over a chess board, as Russians battled the West for the world title. At one point, a match is scheduled in an unusual locale for such a cerebral game, Bangkok, which of course prompts "the American" to break into song. The song is "One Night In Bangkok," and is performed in this case by Murray Head, "the American" in the original studio recording of the musical. Like the rest of the play, the song is pretty corny, and while I love sitting back and listening to the single I don't know that I could stomach an additional two hours of like material. Apparently, that's about how audiences and critics felt. The play was not extremely well received, though it was performed on both sides of the Atlantic and is still performed occasionally today. Part of the criticism may stem from the fact that it was written by half of ABBA, - a group never noted for their literary side - and serious critics went into the show with a preconceived notion that the show would be cheesey. In that respect the show did not disappoint. Still, to their credit this particular song is catchy and the lyrics are quite clever, though in my humble opinion they could have worked to achieve greater subtlety with sexual innuendos.

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/murrayhead.htm

marc11864-old
January 20th, 2006, 08:37
...another Karma point for finding the lyrics for me :cheers:

Thanx Wowpow! I wanted to look for them last night but became sidetracked and couldn't spend the time on it.

See how easy it is too amuse some of us guys? :albino:

January 20th, 2006, 15:31
I appreciate it!