PDA

View Full Version : That's enough for now.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2017, 06:34
On reflection, this place isn’t fun anymore. I’ve been posting on the Gay Thailand message boards since they started, is that more than 30 years? I’ve been offended by a few people and I expect that I’ve offended a few too in that time. I’ve called it as I’ve seen it, and undoubtedly I’ve sometimes been wrong, sometimes gone over the top, apologies to the recipients. But by and large it’s been amusing, entertaining and often informative.

As someone who has visited and worked in Thailand for over forty years, I took pleasure in advising new members and reading about their experiences.

However visiting and writing on this forum is no longer fun. Currently it seems like there is a barrack room lawyer waiting round every corner with a subpoena to demand that posters explain why an opinion once expressed in a post years ago has been contradicted in a recent post. Or think that they are being clever to expose some minor factual inaccuracy in somebody’s story telling.

Posters are required to validate themselves on some altar of credibilty as if they were appearing in court instead of writing anonymous posts in an internet forum, while trying to make the posts entertaining for the benefit of others.

Individuals fashion themselves as latter day witchfinder generals in search of trolls, without caring how many innocents are burned or discouraged in the process. This seems to give them validation, but there have been, and always will be, composite and fictitious character constructions in the forums, some more credible than others.

From Rick with his flashlight to Hedda with the canary they have formed part of the tapestry of the forums and have often been informative and entertaining posters. When the time comes that the forums are more about interrogating these people, and creating an environment that discourages new posters from contributing and sharing their experiences, then it’s time to stop visiting.

I’m not moving somewhere else, I’ve been loyal to this forum, and it’s predecessor, liked their free wheeling style, and always shared what information and opinions I had here.

Time to take a break from people who are taking too seriously what should be entertainment, with a bit of information thrown in.

paperboy
May 21st, 2017, 07:00
100%

arsenal
May 21st, 2017, 08:58
The recent trend here does seem to be quite a few members leaving. However, the one thing they all have in common (Fountainhall, Bobsaigon , a447...sort of, and now you) is that the reason they are leaving is because the board owner won't ban the member (s) they want banned. But almost every member has someone or several who want him banned. If Surfcrest listened to the mob then there would literally be no one left.

Except me. Because I'm lovely. Everyone says so. Mmm.

GWMinUS
May 21st, 2017, 09:22
I think it is a problem of Surfcrest to police the Forum.
It is too bad individuals do not police themselves...
But as Brad says, that is how these posters get their Jollies.
Take care!!

fountainhall
May 21st, 2017, 09:54
The recent trend here does seem to be quite a few members leaving. However, the one thing they all have in common (Fountainhall, Bobsaigon , a447...sort of, and now you) is that the reason they are leaving is because the board owner won't ban the member (s) they want banned
That's a neat little packaged argument - problem is (and I suspect this is also true of Bobsaigon) it is untrue! Oh sure, there are posters here for whom I have made no bones about my dislike of their posts and their posting styles. It is more the descent of this Board over the last couple of years into what is to all intents and purposes a bitchfight between the same handful of members with their same old personal agendas. Maybe it has been like this in much of its incarnation but it was far less so over the last couple of years. I'd venture to suggest it was even becoming civilized!

Not surprisingly, I don't agree with much of Brad's OP - and he probably feels the same of my more recent posts when I decided I'd hit back at those who hit out at me. But I do agree that the way this Board is going, given all the increasingly intense personal in-fighting between just a handful or so of members, the chances of its finding new members must be as near zero as can be.

And in response, don't come out with the old argument about my being some sort of appointed troll detector. The only one I tried to 'out' was the obvious sglad (who, let me remind you, others openly 'suspected' long before I did). Within a few posts it was perfectly clear he was no mid-20s student, certainly no Singaporean and certainly no Chinese! But I'd have let him post away with his fictions had he not attacked me in no uncertain terms. Then he revealed himself as a hydra and it was his own stupid fault he got himself banned. Most posters on all boards are pretty anonymous. He chose to flesh out his persona with a stupid, implausible and easily seen through disguise - very Beachlover-like, in fact!. Now he's back on the gaythailand board but there his barbs and insults have to be tempered due to moderation. LOL

a447
May 21st, 2017, 12:22
Brad, you are confusing two separate issues - lying for entertainment and lying which has the potential to be harmful.

I also have been a board member for a long time, although certainly not for thirty years. I started on this board 11 years ago and continued to post regularly over that time - apart from a hiatus towards the end of Neals' era.

It was fun and very informative, especially for a newbie knowing little about Thailand at the time.

Armed with information mainly from posters here I began my regular visits to LOS and started posting my own information. Then I began posting trip reports.

For most of this time there was only one poster - latintopxxx - who consistently lied about his exploits and I enjoyed calling him out. I was far from the only one who questioned him, btw. There have been many. But I was the only one who posted evidence of his lies in the form of links to the relevant posts and / direct quotes. Accusations need evidence, otherwise they are nothing but empty words. Quoting someone 's words back to them is the most effective way. (You should try it).

But there was a serious side to his lies. I expressed my concerns numerous times. What if someone actually believed him, came to Thailand and attempted to emulate his alleged behaviour? What if a newbie took his "advice" and dragged a boy in Eros down from the dias and slapped him? What if he visited a massage place, had fun with the masseur and then thought it was ok to give him a miserly tip - by throwing it on the floor? What if he approached a group of construction workers and tried to persuade one to go with him for sex?

So I make no apology for calling him out. But rather than criticise those who expose his lies, it is he who should be taken to task, rather than shooting the messenger.

There are nasty people on the board and although I don't like them, I accept that they are a part of the board experience. If they go on the attack, then I will give as good as I get. No harm done. The problem is, some are good at dishing it out but can not take it.

Brad, you are a good example. You suddenly appeared out of the blue, along with Surfcrest, and made a series of accusations against me. When I asked you to back up the first one by pointing to the relevant post, you didn't. Instead, you just made more accusations which you were also unable to substantiate. That is why we had that back and forth in those two threads. Did you really think I was going to let those false accusations just remain unchallenged?

Why didn't you substantiate them? I asked you to do so over and over again, but you refused.

"Individuals fashion themselves as latter day witchfinder generals in search of trolls"

I hope you are not referring to me. If you are, please tell me who I have labelled a 'troll."

"Posters are required to validate themselves on some altar of credibilty as if they were appearing in court instead of writing anonymous posts in an internet forum, while trying to make the posts entertaining for the benefit of others."

No. They are only required to follow the posting rules.

If writing fantasy posts and telling blatant lies is their way of making their posts "entertaining" then so be it. If someone is able to have fun, then we are all entitled to join in. And we have.

Cndmatt is a perfect example. I don't recall anyone ever calling for him to be banned. On the contrary, he is very entertaining, even though that is probably not the intent behind his posts. But there are no rules of which I am aware that prevents members from calling such posters out. If I am in breach of such a rule (please point it out to me), then so are a dozen or so other members. But you haven't mentioned them. Why?

Where have you been all these years when Latin was being exposed? Member after member has joined in (including yourself, perchance?) Not a word of criticism from you. I've been quoting Latin back to himself since 2006! Again, not a word from you.

Until now.

Now you find yourself in the receiving end and you don't like it. You conveniently refer to being asked to explain your comments as being "interrogated". All of a sudden the board is no longer a happy place for you. You enjoy its "free-wheeling style" as long as you are exempt.

Well, you're not.

Stop playing the victim and stop making accusations you can not substantiate.

Only then will the board become a happy place for you again.

bobsaigon2
May 21st, 2017, 12:38
I agree with Arsenal that I left SGT because the owner would not ban those who were consistently, habitually posting entries that were aimed at denigrating other members or simply attempting to create discord. But, more to the point, I left because those few had created an environment which did not motivate me to continue active participation. We’re talking about the two or three individuals who were/are probably on everyone’s list of those who should be banned.

The current nature of the Forum is what prompted me to depart, rather than solely a dislike of a few board members. The decision not to ban anyone has turned the tone and focus of SGT over to two or three persons who operate as they see fit, having been assured of no interference from the owner.

Manforallseasons
May 21st, 2017, 13:24
There is no doubt that this board in on its last breath aided by the pursuit of trolls most recently spearheaded by the desexed old tosser fountainhall of which this has been his only avenue of self gratification. When a topic becomes a constant battle between Latin...fequent.....arsenal...with the occastional quip from scottish who really cares? NOT me and I suspect not many of the few remaining members! cdnmatt is by far the most pathetic creature, firstly if he is a liar secondly if he is for real!

arsenal
May 21st, 2017, 13:36
Welcome back Bob and Founty. I see no answer to this. This place is now the gayboardland equivalent of the middle East. I see no truces any time soon. The enmity between certain members (including myself) is too deep. And MFAS, you can drop the innocent act. You ain't foolin no one. You've had your share.

fountainhall
May 21st, 2017, 13:52
There is no doubt that this board in on its last breath aided by the pursuit of trolls most recently spearheaded by the desexed old tosser fountainhall of which this has been his only avenue of self gratification
Tra-la-la!

And what other response would anyone have expected from a poster who uses this Board for every possible negative comment he's unable to post over on gaybutton's site? He didn't even read my earlier post and yet maintains the fiction - started by Arsenal and which I shot down some months ago - that I am a mix of Conan Doyle and John Le Carre on the hunt for trolls. I have posted far more positive, upbeat posts and interesting trip reports here than MFAS ever did. But then he's stuck most of the time in Pattaya, rarely travels outside its environs, and is merely interested in one thing - negativity.

When a Board continuously boasts this sort of negativity from posters like MFAS, of course it is on its last legs. If only his posts were interesting or fun or even anywhere close to the truth, they might just hold a modicum of interest. They don't. He's is just a Board bore.

fountainhall
May 21st, 2017, 14:03
Welcome back Bob and Founty. I see no answer to this. This place is now the gayboardland equivalent of the middle East. I see no truces any time soon.
Thanks Arsenal. Although I have not contributed recently, I have followed some of the 'discussions'. I agree. There is no truce in sight. But then this sort of verbal violence is what Surfcrest permits because it is what he believes the members want. Well, if he is happy seeing his Board run into the ground by a tiny handful of the actual membership, that is what he is getting.

The enmity between certain members is clearly too deep and too unending.

And MFAS, you can drop the innocent act. You ain't foolin no one. You've had your share
LOL

a447
May 21st, 2017, 14:32
I would like to think that there is an answer. I live in hope. But it involves cooperation, which I don't think is forthcoming.

Nobody has a responsibly to be Mr Nice Guy here. Nor do they have a responsibility to tell the truth, or to be who they say they are. We are in cyberspace, so that's a given.

We have the right to post whatever we want (within reason). Matt can tell us he's blind. Latin can tell us he fucks straight workers he picks up from the construction site. Frequent can tell us he's been living in Thailand for the last three decades. Brad can tell us he's not Surfcrest.

Members have a perfect right to post such garbage, but then we also have the right to question it. If you are not happy with that, don't post. Simple.

As mentioned above, there are members here who are very entertaining, whether they mean to be or not. They help make the board fun - and funny. But they need to accept that we can also have fun, even if that means we laugh and ridicule their posts. That's our right, too.

But should they have their fun in the middle of a serious post, knowing full well that they'll be taken to task? Can't they do it elsewhere?

Matt's post in paperboy's "tuk-tuk hop" thread is a perfect example. Here was a member posting useful information, but Matt had to post that he was going to hire a guide and go sightseeing.

Members do not have the right to post untruths about others. We have rules here to stop that, but they are not enforced on every member. Rules are enforced on an adhoc basis, which does little to inspire confidence in the integrity of the board. As bobsaigon has pointed out, some recalcitrant members have been told they will not be banned and so feel free to post whatever they want, no matter how offensive or how untrue.

Members do not have the right to mercilessly criticise and harass others post after post, thread after thread. There's a rule against that, too. However, they do have the right to take a poster to task for his comments. There's a big difference.

For example, there was a time when frequent, posting as kommentariat, mentioned me over 65 times in a period of 2 months! Most of that had nothing to do with anything I had posted. It's that very behaviour which makes this board unpleasant and dissuades people from joining and members from posting.

But you can't possibly force people to be civil. You can only rely on their goodwill.

If they are unwilling to cooperate, then you are right, arsenal. There is no answer.

Oliver
May 21st, 2017, 14:37
I don't wish to intrude into private matters but do our warring members know each other...."know" as in recognise each other in the check-out at Big C? I must confess that I've often had the impression that people like me, who have no falang contacts in Pattaya, are merely spectators to someone else's game.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2017, 14:59
I would like to think that there is an answer. I live in hope. But it involves cooperation, which I don't think is forthcoming.

Nobody has a responsibly to be Mr Nice Guy here. Nor do they have a responsibility to tell the truth, or to be who they say they are. We are in cyberspace, so that's a given.

We have the right to post whatever we want (within reason). Matt can tell us he's blind. Latin can tell us he fucks straight workers he picks up from the construction site. Frequent can tell us he's been living in Thailand for the last three decades. Brad can tell us he's not Surfcrest.

Members have a perfect right to post such garbage, but then we also have the right to question it. If you are not happy with that, don't post. Simple.

What the hell are you going off about now? You're probably THE single biggest shit thrower on this forum, just so you can make yourself feel like some big, tough guy.

Then when a thread like this comes up, you're going to actually try to defence your actions as though you had the betterment of the board at heart? Get fucked....

scottish-guy
May 21st, 2017, 15:15
Highly amusing that Brad's post to say he's had enough of the daily ' cats fighting in a barrel' routine on this board has prompted another episode of (the same) cats fighting in a barrel. :D

Oh, and MFAS ...take this as "the occasional quip" from me - with grateful thanks for the name-check! :drink:

Taking everything into consideration I'd still rather be here on Board A than bored to death on Board B or contributing to fluffing the rampant, throbbing, steaming ego of the owner of Board C

Manforallseasons
May 21st, 2017, 15:34
What the hell are you going off about now? You're probably THE single biggest shit thrower on this forum, Get fucked....

https://images.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380400217ra/775330.gif

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2017, 15:41
Why are trying to send me an image? Same as you did before, and trying to trip me up? Sorry dude, but I am actually blind now.

Nirish guy
May 21st, 2017, 16:38
Or 6% sighted depending how you look at it I guess......you should try to keep a more positive on life outlook Matt :-)

scottish-guy
May 21st, 2017, 17:25
Doctor Who is currently having the same problem as Matt

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2017, 17:39
Or 6% sighted depending how you look at it I guess......you should try to keep a more positive on life outlook Matt :-)

Oh, I do. I'm currently happier than a pig in shit. Besides, my honey will be back from Laos tomorrow, so what more could I want? :)

This trip back to Laos, he's even been calling me 2 or 3 times every day, so apparently I'm doing something right. :)

aot871
May 21st, 2017, 17:49
When I first started to read this site , a few yrs ago , it was great. Guys used to write in about every day matters , such , as were to eat condos to rent , where to get the a/e serviced, new bars etc , now its just a site for some members to bitch about some one else. I tend to check in every few days , and now one can go almost a whole weeks with no new reports or subjects We all know pattaya is slowing dying, but then most of the western world is changing in this way and that, just look at sunnie plaza now compared to a few years ago. There are less older guys coming to pattaya now . there fore less guys asking for help on sites like this , and when they do, they get lots of crap slung back in ther face , which stops them ever coming back The trouble with banning people is that they just come back with another name , but it would help if the worst ofenders were banned , , Now im about to be shot down I expect

allieb
May 21st, 2017, 20:16
I stopped posting or even looking at this forum about 5 years ago . Today I took a peek and OMG nothings changed, Illusionjs shattered boyfriends beating people up and all the rest when is everyone going to accept that Thailand is just a violent whore house

scottish-guy
May 21st, 2017, 21:50
Wow - you don't even *look* here for almost 2000 days and on the very day you decide to look in again you manage to find a topic you totally agree with and on which you have to express a view - and all of this within 15 hours of the thread being started.

With luck and co-incidence like that, can you let me have the winning numbers for next Tuesday's Euromillions lottery please

christianpfc
May 21st, 2017, 22:15
cdnmatt is by far the most pathetic creature, firstly if he is a liar secondly if he is for real!
I love that line! Made my day.

Surfcrest
May 21st, 2017, 23:55
But then this sort of verbal violence is what Surfcrest permits because it is what he believes the members want. Well, if he is happy seeing his Board run into the ground by a tiny handful of the actual membership, that is what he is getting.

Once again, my friends...you have it completely wrong.

Four years ago we had a very different owner who controlled everything that happened. Some of you failed to exist, upon his doing while he was the owner here. My role, as I have explained countless times to you all already, was to take this forum away from that (now dead) crazy man and bring it back to the way it was prior to Neal...giving it back to the members.

It"s amazing now fountainhall, that your wealth of knowledge now includes knowing what I "want" and perhaps, how I'm thinking? I see things have slowed down over at Gaybuttonthai, as of late too and things ticking along nicely, over at Gay Thailand with sglad and some of the boys in this thread, complaining about the very same company.

My eyesight isn't that great anymore (but I'm nowhere near being blind), but the message I got from Brad's post was why posters that complain about being unhappy here, who don't get along with other posters...and who've told us they are leaving, are still here edging other people to leave? You can post on Gay Thailand and Gaybuttonthai among the very same people and you have Gaybutton and Scooby to completely control what people write, who gets to post, who gets suspended for 30 days and which threads get locked. We had that, and more with Neal...didn't we a447? You and he were great pals...while he was threatening other members here with hunting them down or making false reports about them to the Thai authorities.

Clearly, my taking this forum back and putting it back to the way it was didn't work. I have started discussions with Moses several weeks back to pass my portion of the ownership on to him. It is my hope that he can host the site somewhere else and I can stop paying for this and all that comes along with it.

Perhaps I should have let it die on that plane with the last owner.

Surfcrest

a447
May 22nd, 2017, 08:16
We had that, and more with Neal...didn't we a447? You and he were great pals...while he was threatening other members here with hunting them down or making false reports about them to the Thai authorities.

Surfcrest, have you completely lost the plot? Your ability to tell blatant lies is worrying, to say the least.

First of all, I have posted many times how little interaction I had with Neal. I saw him as he sat outside his bar every night, met him twice at the beach in company with another member who I had arranged to see there, and went to a restaurant once also with another member of this board.

Two other members here who were threatened by Neal can confirm that what you say is untrue. We were exchanging PM'S at the time and they can back me up if they wish to do so.

You are once again attempting to blacken my name, this time by trying to somehow link me with Neal. Why has this supposed friendship suddenly come up now? Why didn't you mention it earlier?

Obviously, you've only just thought of it. You are getting increasingly desperate.

But secondly, what you say is irrational.

How could we have possibly been "great pals" when he was threatening to have his "boys" hunt me down and beat me up?

......told us they are leaving, are still here edging other people to leave?

For the umpteenth time, Surfcrest, tell us who is doing that, and how are they doing that? Stop just repeating ad nauseam accusations which you can't back up!

Speaking of which, please explain the accusation you have now made against Scooby - that he controls members' posts and decides who can post.

We all know that gaybutton keeps a firm grip on his board - his choice to do so, our choice to post there - but now you want to have a go at Scooby? Really?

As for your decision to sell the board, that is not news and has nothing to do with what's been going on lately, although you are trying desperately to make the connection; you've been trying to sell it since January 2016.

Members have told you, in the form of at least three threads over the past year, who is to blame for the present sad state of this board.

You just didn't listen.

fountainhall
May 22nd, 2017, 09:56
I cannot possibly know what you think, Surfcrest. I can read, though. And you have stated MANY times that you want to see a Board that is basically free from moderation where members can express their own views without iron fists crashing down. That I perfectly understand - but only up to a point.

The problem is that as with any bunch of disorganized schoolchildren, a cyber world without some form of authority to maintain control quickly descends into schoolyard anarchy where bullies and others rule the roost. You may say there are rules. If so, and if you and or Moses really wants to maintain the viability of this site as a chat forum that is not dominated by a small handful of trolls and bullies, some of them total liars and many crashingly boring, then those rules desperately need some tightening. The usual handful of kindergarten rejects will scream 'foul', as is their right. But I feel desperately sorry for Moses, whom I admire, if he has to take over this Board with some of the very, very few posting members abandoning the site and leaving behind the bitchboard-like musings of those who remain.

The one positive is that perhaps Moses will clean house, get in a couple of English-speaking moderators who will then establish a new set of rules. I've been around on the forums for almost 12 years and I have seen how informative, interesting and knowledgeable they can be when controlled loosely but with a degree of respect and understanding that is just not here, alas!

Surfcrest
May 22nd, 2017, 10:35
Members have told you, in the form of at least three threads over the past year, who is to blame for the present sad state of this board.

You just didn't listen.

I blame you. You are why Brad the Impala posted what he did. Plain and simply, because of you.

As for you and Neal, no lies there my dearest...your relationship with him is well documented in the posts on this forum, from that era.

We get a lot of traffic on this site and unfortunately, people come..read your crap and leave.

You guys are back because you've gone over to the other Boards and found yourself insignificant over there, so here you are back.

I have no plans on banning anyone for either if you. So stop pouting about it, or leave...take your pick!

Surfcrest

cdnmatt
May 22nd, 2017, 11:10
With all the bashing of Surfcrest, I'll be happy to jump in and give him my support, as I believe he's done an excellt job with this board. This board was in tatters during Neal, and when Surfcrest took over. Surfcrest turned this into a safe, comfortable environment where people of differing backgrounds, mindsets, and values can all post.

a447, if you want to know why the board is dieing, you only need to look in the mirror. Who on this board haven't you picked a fight with, and thrown a public tirade against? There's myself, Brad, latin, frequence, Surfcrest, and the list goes on. I don't understand what kind of jollies you get out of it, but it's pretty demented. Then you go off on a tangent saying you're just defending yourself, which is obviously bullshit, because you're the one who always starts it.

Take a note from someone like arsenal. He's one of the most neutral guys on the board, and seems to be an all around great guy.

allieb
May 22nd, 2017, 12:36
Scotish Guy. Yes not only the lottery but Scotland could even get leave the UK

fountainhall
May 22nd, 2017, 13:27
You guys are back because you've gone over to the other Boards and found yourself insignificant over there, so here you are back.
That is absolutely untrue! I posted on this Board and gaythailand a very long time ago. I then gave up this one but eventually posted also on gaybuttonthai. For some years when I was too busy at work I gave up posting altogether. I moved back to gaybutton because I can post my travel experiences and other thoughts there without idiottic comments being made and where they are appreciated much more than on this Board. I came back merely because of Brad's post and in the hope that perhaps I might in a small way add to the comments about change. Clearly I was wrong to do so.

Surfcrest
May 22nd, 2017, 15:18
Clearly I was wrong to do so.

You both post amazing stuff, professional in quality...although two completely different styles. You both are like spoiled Hollywood actors though, too much for someone like me, without the time to mange things as tightly as you expect. I treat this like a free play space, Anyone (and I mean anyone) is allowed to come and post whatever they want, provided it isn't hate literature and contrary to Canadian law or violates our few rules.

As I said before, I've done enough...or all that I can. Hopefully Moses will be able to satisfy this and the next generation of posters and readers.

Surfcrest

a447
May 22nd, 2017, 15:45
For the umpteenth time, Surfcrest, tell us who is doing that, and how are they doing that? Stop making accusations which you can't back up!

Still can't answer, eh?

I blame you. You are why Brad the Impala posted what he did

Yes, but like you he was unable to back up his accusations. So what he posted was null and void.

people come..read your crap and leave.

Really?

My posting style hasn't changed in 11 years. What took them so long to leave? Who are these people who you say have left because of me? Can you name one?

And do they also leave because of the nasty crap posted by your new best friend, frequent?

Do they leave because of the ludicrous claims by Latin and Matt?

Or is it just me?

As for you and Neal, no lies there my dearest...your relationship with him is well documented in the posts on this forum, from that era.

Really? If your assertion that Neal and I were "great pals while he was threatening other members " - is so well documented in my posts, show me some. Come on, don't just make another empty accusation. Quote me.

I'm not back. I never left. I'm still a member.

Whether or not I am "insignificant" on another board (what an incredibly childish thing to say!) is hardly something you can adjudicate on, especially as you rarely post there.

Matt wrote:

Who on this board haven't you picked a fight with, and thrown a public tirade against? There's myself, Brad, latin, frequence, Surfcrest, ....

Well, if you read Surfcrest's post above, he is clearly indicating that Brad picked an argument with me, not the other way around.

and the list goes on

Nope, that's about it. And look who they are! Lol

I don't understand what kind of jollies you get out of it, but it's pretty demented.

I've already explained that if you are entitled to have your fun by posting ridiculous, totally unbelievable bullshit here, then I, and others, are also entitled to have our own fun by laughing at your antics. What is wrong with that?

Now, if you quit making stuff up and stuck to posting things that were believable, then we would not call you out. But then if you did that, the board would no longer be fun for you. So if you are going to continue to do what you're doing, then guess what - so am I. And I won't be the only one.

Oh, and I am sure many membersl would fully appreciate such a glowing recommendation from the likes of you.

cdnmatt
May 22nd, 2017, 15:57
Oh, for fuck sakes. Could I just pay for an immediate trip to Thailand for you, so you can go around fucking hookers all day long, and alleviate this pent up energy?

Surfcrest
May 22nd, 2017, 21:34
You can continue this argument alone with yourself in cyberspace. If Moses wants to have you back, he can. While I'm here...you're not.
I have had a change in heart, I will begin banning members...and I start with you a447.

Surfcrest

bobsaigon2
May 22nd, 2017, 23:00
Surfcrest says: I treat this like a free play space, Anyone (and I mean anyone) is allowed to come and post whatever they want, provided it isn't hate literature and contrary to Canadian law or violates our few rules.

But hours later he says: I have had a change in heart, I will begin banning members...and I start with you a447

Incredible. Absolument incroyable. I guess the “change of heart” allows this to avoid being labeled as hypocritical?

And who gave a Like to the second post? None other than the already banned sglad. (Not sure how a banned person can give a Like.)

Moses
May 22nd, 2017, 23:21
Not sure how a banned person can give a Like.

It depends on kind of ban. Here we have few:
most soft ban is - user can login under his username, can read PM, can like, can even write PM, but can't post on all forums or some sub-forums
other bans have less possibilities, most hard ban is - user can't even login under his username

Nirish guy
May 23rd, 2017, 05:45
Bad form banning anyone in such a manner, I know it's your board etc, but not much point having rules if you're going to pull a Neal and just start banning on a personal whim ( which I fully accept you're entitled to do as it's your board etc), but if so then maybe just say hey thats the way it is then in the future everyone will know.

cdnmatt
May 23rd, 2017, 05:59
He hardly got banned on a whim. It's been about a 1 year saga at least with this asshole, and I'm glad he's gone. This guy even picked a fight with Brad of all people. How the hell do you possibly get into a fight with Brad? He's one of the most upstanding, well respected, tempered members of this forum.

Now I can go back to making typos with my heart's content, and don't have to worry about some ferral chimp following me around. :)

Nirish guy
May 23rd, 2017, 06:15
Im talking "in general" as opposed to the rights or wrongs or otherwise of banning ANY particular member in this case.

cdnmatt
May 23rd, 2017, 06:40
I think Surfcrest has already proven without a doubt he doesn't just ban people on a "personal whim", or because he's in a bad mood that day. On the contrary, he's proven himself to be quite the opposite, and has allowed alot of shit to be thrown his way in exchange for allowing freedom of expression on this board.

Again, this banning is due to events that have taken place for well over 1 year, and was hardly done on a whim.

Surfcrest
May 23rd, 2017, 14:24
Incredible. Absolument incroyable. I guess the “change of heart” allows this to avoid being labeled as hypocritical?

I don't believe in banning, but it appears that hasn't worked well for us in light of all this. I've been pushed to ban members....so I'm banning members.

a447 will be banned until Moses takes over.

sglad will be allowed back...the ban lifted. Sugargrandpa remains banned.

Surfcrest

fountainhall
May 23rd, 2017, 14:28
It depends on kind of ban. Here we have few:
most soft ban is - user can login under his username, can read PM, can like, can even write PM, but can't post on all forums or some sub-forums
other bans have less possibilities, most hard ban is - user can't even login under his username
I am curious. I suggest it would be a help to members to know exactly what categories of bans are in existence - and what transgressions qualify for each type of ban. Gave I missed something already included in the rules?

Regarding the point raised by bobsaigon, how is it that a banned member whose name does not appear anywhere under the list of members can actually give a "like"? What type of ban was imposed on sglad and sugargrandpa for being a proven hydra? I can understand if the names are still included as members - but effectively you are enabling non-members (i.e. banned members) to vote on posts. So following on from that, what type of ban has been imposed on a447 and what privileges is he still entitled to, if any?

Smiles
May 23rd, 2017, 14:52
You can continue this argument alone with yourself in cyberspace. If Moses wants to have you back, he can. While I'm here...you're not.
I have had a change in heart, I will begin banning members...and I start with you a447.

Surfcrest
Please please Surfcrest, don't do that. It will kill the board.

bobsaigon2
May 23rd, 2017, 14:55
Curiouser and curiouser. Sglad is welcomed back despite the fact that his posts were always lies based on his false claim of being a Singapore uni student. Yet a447, who never made a false claim about anything, is now banned simply because he annoyed the board owner.

Moses
May 23rd, 2017, 15:58
but effectively you are enabling non-members (i.e. banned members) to vote on posts

First of all term "ban" means for forum the restrictions to post. Rest restrictions may be or may be not applied: to "like", to write PM, to receive PM, and so on - list of permissions of our forum is huge and flexible. That means what "banned" users are still members of forum, but they are limited in rights.

Technically: non-members aren't listed in our database of users while banned members are still listed in our data base.

Nirish guy
May 23rd, 2017, 16:38
So Moses, when are you taking over the board in full and what is YOUR plan / policy re this - do you intend to carry on as is currently that i.e A447, a member here for a LONG time with many many trip reports under his belt and lots of useful information shared over the years "banned" ( as he pissed off the owner and a few other posters / hydra's ) or will that be rescinded ? Likewise as SC seen it fit to ban SGLAD etc - a KNOWN fake / hydra who adds nothing to the board except bullshit and lies, will they remain allowed back ?

Perhaps you could let us know your plans as SG seems to have thrown all his good work in NOT throwing bans about the place JUST because he owns the board out the window now that he's leaving - and considering the rest of us have had to put up with the nonsense posts from the likes of SGLAD and a few others I can think of, who are clearly just playing with us all and posting for nothing more than their own amusement etc it will be useful to know where you see the board going and in what direction that may be as once the fake / hydra / bullshit posts start outweighing the ACTUAL posts from REAL people with REAL experiences then as Smiles has already pointed out I think things can only go in one direction for the board over time - and in my view that slide has already started of late thanks to some of your lets say less than real posters.

Moses
May 23rd, 2017, 16:51
Gent,

no comments for now, since nothing been changed in ownership yet... right now Surfcrest and me are partners, Surfcrest is head of "content and moderation policy dept", I'm head of "technical dept"...

Surfcrest saved that forum, paid for it hosting for years and spend a lot of his private money to give all of us pleasure to read and write here. Please pay respect.

aot871
May 23rd, 2017, 17:44
I surport A447 , I have always enjoyed his trip reports , plus he has given me many tips by sending me private messages, Its the out right bull shiters who should be stopped

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 17:56
Hi All.

I'm going to keep this brief. Firstly, I would like to thank Surfcrest and the board management for welcoming me back. Also thanks to the many who have given me support privately, here and on Gaythailand.

Secondly, I'm sorry to see so much bickering over board management. Personally, I approach disagreements/arguments by facing them head on with explanations and counter-arguments or by ignoring them, because I feel no headway can be made and thus we just agree to disagree, or ignoring them because the other party is clearly only looking for a fight or baiting me over some personal vendetta or perceived personal slight (most of the time it's in their heads). I have never approached a moderator to complain about another poster even when I was subjected to all sorts of ridiculous allegations and lies because I wouldn't entertain a poster's private advances. It was all in his head. I feel we can all handle disagreements as adults among ourselves with dignity and if so inclined, wit and repartee. The only time I've messaged a moderator is on Gaythailand, where I asked Scooby whether it was OK to address attacks based on my posting history on SN IF it was brought up and directed at me.

Perhaps we should all take a brief time-out and count to ten. Good luck and a very good evening to everyone.

sglad

Nirish guy
May 23rd, 2017, 18:05
Surfcrest saved that forum, paid for it hosting for years and spend a lot of his private money to give all of us pleasure to read and write here. Please pay respect.

No one is disputing that nor showing disrespect - but as board members who contribute to the board we are of course entitled to ask / have an opinion.

Nirish guy
May 23rd, 2017, 18:16
I was subjected to all sorts of ridiculous allegations and lies. ..........
Perhaps we should all take a brief time-out and count to ten.

So, talking of lies and things being made up and in peoples heads - so are you still claiming to be that 20 something guy posting from Singapore - or have you moved on past that particular line of bullshit ( for now) I wonder ? I can't help but think that if it wasn't for people like you posting shit then a lot of us wouldn't be having these conversations in the first place so perhaps YOU should take some time out and think about that before coming back here and telling the rest of us what to do.

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 18:34
...but as board members who contribute to the board we are of course entitled to ask / have an opinion.

I agree and also think it is OK to ask for an explanation for a particular executive decision. And after that explanation is given (or not), maybe there should be one more chance to appeal it but after that, whatever executive decision that is taken should be accepted as final so that the board can move on. It doesn't mean that there should be endless goading of the moderator and his decision because we don't like it. It's funny how people support a moderator's decision if it goes their way, saying it it is his board after all and it is up to him what he wants to do with it BUT they get all upset and petulant when the decision is not in their favour. I mean do we get endless avenues of appeal in a court of law, or when we approach our sports coach over a dispute? It seems to me that a moderator is only good when he is on our side but not when he is isn't. It's a tad hypocritical, IMHO.

Nirish guy
May 23rd, 2017, 18:41
I'll assume you're not directing your above at me as you couldn't be farther from the truth if so.

I note you didn't answer my question by the way re the whole 20 something guy from singapore etc - any update on that line of bullshit for this week or are you going to keep that running a while longer just to ensure your own personal shits and giggles perhaps ??

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 18:53
So, talking of lies and things being made up and in peoples heads - so are you still claiming to be that 20 something guy posting from Singapore - or have you moved on past that particular line of bullshit ( for now) I wonder ? I can't help but think that if it wasn't for people like you posting shit then a lot of us wouldn't be having these conversations in the first place so perhaps YOU should take some time out and think about that before coming back here and telling the rest of us what to do.

I have never asked anyone to believe who I am. I am who I am - you can choose to believe me or not to believe me. If people are hung up on it, they should ask themselves why. I don't believe it when a 70+ fat guy claims Taiwanese hunks are knocking down his door, but other than finding it mildly amusing I don't really think about it - in fact I don't want to think about it. I certainly don't bang on about it ad nauseam - whatever for? My posts are really quite benign and mostly deal with day-to-day observations of life in Thailand and general musings about life in general. I can't imagine why anyone would get worked up over them, what with people dying in Syria everyday.

No, I can't tell you what to do. That is something you have to figure out for yourself. All I can say is that I have found the forums quite useful, fun and entertaining and I have felt a sense of camaraderie from fellow posters. Young/old, fat/thin, white/black, rich/poor, expat/tourist - I can benefit from all their perspectives (or not). It is not a competition but a buffet from which I have the luxury of partaking. If I don't like something, I can easily skip over it. I left the playground fourteen years ago and old enough now to know not to sweat over the unimportant things.

bobsaigon2
May 23rd, 2017, 19:56
sglad: Nirish asks, "so are you still claiming to be that 20 something guy posting from Singapore?" How about a simple "yes" or "no" reply? That's the claim you made when you started out on this board. Never mind the "I am, who I am" evasive bullshit.

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 20:27
sglad: Nirish asks, "so are you still claiming to be that 20 something guy posting from Singapore?" How about a simple "yes" or "no" reply? That's the claim you made when you started out on this board. Never mind the "I am, who I am" evasive bullshit.

I wasn't being evasive and something is not bullshit because somebody doesn't know how to read it closely. I am the same sglad who joined this board a few months ago, who is the same sglad who joined Gaythailand where I made a similar intro. I have had no need to change my identity or board name. I am who I am.

Oookay, ok you caught me - I give up! I aaam a few months older, my hair is a bit shorter, my Thai language skills have improved a lot and I have picked up a few words of kammeuang. Sorry for not coming clean with that. Muah!

bobsaigon2
May 23rd, 2017, 20:50
Thanks for confirming that your bullshit will continue unabated. He's all yours, Surfcrest. I've had enough.

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 21:02
He's all yours, Surfcrest. I've had enough.

Isn't that what you said the last time you quit the board which was only a few weeks ago, wasn't it?

Brad made a quip somewhere about a447 having had more farewells than Frank Sinatra. Copy and paste here, please. ;)

Moses
May 23rd, 2017, 21:23
And yes, bobsaigon2, I'll keep doing it Myyyyy Waaaaay. Muaahhh. :lol:

If you will "keep doing" that , then hurry up please : time may be very limited.

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 21:30
...I’ve been posting on the Gay Thailand message boards since they started, is that more than 30 years?..

Time to take a break from people who are taking too seriously what should be entertainment, with a bit of information thrown in.

Since 1987? Wow, I wasn't aware that the Internet has been around that long. You guys must have a lot of stories to share.

A break is good; we all need it sometimes. But make sure you come back soon, all recharged. I totally agree with your last statement.

sglad
May 23rd, 2017, 21:42
If you will "keep doing" that , then hurry up please : time may be very limited.

It's true hehe; I'm unlikely going to post much here or on GT in the future as I have a possible summer job (well our summer here anyway) lined up. I've been approached to do content writing for various blogs/websites about my experiences in Thailand and Southeast Asia. I'll be a hired hand and my employers would suggest/make appropriate product placements and advertising in the content because that's what they're hiring me for, in addition to raising their site viewership. The money won't be much but my travels will be sponsored. Of course I'd have to add in an adventure and a fictional romance or two to spice things up. Nobody wants to read staid travel reports. I would get to travel all the time but then there's the writing and creative side of it to think of.

You're familiar with the concept, aren't you? I'm still mulling over it as like a447, I always believe in telling the truth. ;)

Ciao.

Surfcrest
May 23rd, 2017, 21:42
Thanks for confirming that your bullshit will continue unabated. He's all yours, Surfcrest. I've had enough.

This is the second time now you have announced that and should I remind you when you also had enough...when you were simply bobsaigon...there will be no bobsaigon3.

It's a thankless job being owner or moderator...more appropriately.

In this discussion, I am being criticized for banning someone...and criticized for not banning someone...and being called a hypocrite, for doing either.

Someone can call me a liar, despite the heaps and heaps of pages and posts that suggest a447 is the fellow hurling abuse and the fellow on the wrong side of the truth.

Back in the good old days I would take the time to find the links to prove my points....now I'll just push a button and achieve the same result.

We are having this discussion because we have certain members who think they can use their posting or membership history to force me to get rid of other members.

If it wasn't for this sglad discussion, we'd be talking about frequent latintopxxx and manforallseasons...three members that I've been asked to ban by some of these members and any new member that may have poked his head in and was instantly accused of being beachlover or kommentariat.

We've come several years now without more than a few being banned and very little moderation.
You demand that I start banning trouble makers...well, now I have.

This is a temporary ban, once I give my share of the Board away...the new ownership is free to ban members or not ban members...it won't be my sillyness to manage anymore.

Surfcrest

christianpfc
May 24th, 2017, 16:20
Of course I'd have to add in an adventure and a fictional romance or two to spice things up.

You have plenty of experience with writing fictional stuff. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I hope we get a trip report or two from these travels. Whether you are a 24-year-old Singaporean or a 72-year-old White, at least you can write well and I enjoy some of your posts.

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 04:04
I stopped posting or even looking at this forum about 5 years ago . Today I took a peek and OMG nothings changed, Illusionjs shattered boyfriends beating people up and all the rest when is everyone going to accept that Thailand is just a violent whore house

You stopped posting 5 years ago, and now you are whining that this board isn't up to your standards. Do you think we are circus monkeys, providing performance here for your amusement?

You stopped posting, you do not contribute anything to this board, thus you have given away all rights to criticize us, members who chose to post.

You seem to think we owe you something, and we should do better job at keeping you entertained?

We have failed you lol

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 04:22
However visiting and writing on this forum is no longer fun.

Posters are required to validate themselves on some altar of credibilty as if they were appearing in court instead of writing anonymous posts in an internet forum, while trying to make the posts entertaining for the benefit of others.

Individuals fashion themselves as latter day witchfinder generals in search of trolls, without caring how many innocents are burned or discouraged in the process. This seems to give them validation, but there have been, and always will be, composite and fictitious character constructions in the forums, some more credible than others.

Bradley, you created several fictional characters, you are cdnmatt, you are Surfcrest, you used to be Beachlover. These are your leading roles, no doubt you have many more, lesser characters.

Now that your bullshit stories caught up with you, it's no longer fun, it's understandable.

But I think the real reason is that you are bored with these characters, and it shows. You put almost no effort in developing your characters, no longer do you create long story arcs, fairly well written episodes in lives of your creations. You are getting old, and it's no fun for you, not as much as it used to be.

So instead of long, elaborate, very believable tales that you came up with from 2009 to 2012 or so, you go for the shock value. You 'went blind' (a term a blind person would never use btw, they'd phrase it as losing sight), then exposing yourself as overstayer without even as much as passport.
You know, of course, how ludicrous these latest tales are, but you are tired of your roles, so you put almost no effort in them.

And when you became a laughing stock you walk away.

But stop and think for a moment the damage you have caused to your own board! Non of us here have any credibility left, after you have poisoned the well so throughly!

I hope Sawadtee will attract new, real people, and become something more than your demented, sick playground.

So good bye, Bradley!

Moses
September 19th, 2017, 04:49
Bradley, you created several fictional characters, you are cdnmatt, you are Surfcrest, you used to be Beachlover.

Where you buy your weeds? It should be super-quality if look at your "dreams".

AT your list at least 3 different persons behind 4 nickname. And for sure Surfcrest isn't BTI - Surfcrest and BTI even posting from different continents.

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 05:02

AT your list at least 3 different persons behind 4 nickname. And for sure Surfcrest isn't BTI - Surfcrest and BTI even posting from different continents.

Weed is very low grade here, so I don't buy any.

I'm surprised you replied so promptly, in other threads you have said you don't have time to keep an eye on everything :)

Different continents, you say? Well, then I'm simply wrong, and you are right!

Я был не прав, извиняюсь!

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 05:16
Moses, do you undrstand that Brad The Impala is Surfcrest?

Brother, tell me that you know that!
I'm not expecting you to know every character he's created, but this is pretty basic.
Tell me you know this, Administrator!

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 05:27
So just to make clear how easy it is to post from different continents, here I am posting from London, even tho I'm in Pattaya.

If you insist on being blind, Moses, I can't convince you otherwise!

Look at the IP of this post (UK VPN), and look at the IP numbers I've posted all week from!

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 05:46

Another observation, Moses, here we have a Sawadtee member telling everybody that it's no longer worth posting here.

I call him out.

You, a new owner, side with a board member who calls on others to stop posting at Sawadtee. Moses, this is bizarre. Why would you side with a member who walked away from Sawadtee (and in doing so called on others to do the same)?

Moses, do you want people posting here, or do you suggest we follow Brad The Impala's advise, determine that it's no longer fun, and stop posting?

You do realize that no posters = dead board? It doesn't make sebse that you chose to side with Brad Tge the Impala, and not with an active member who wishes this board will grow.

Strange!

whitemouse
September 19th, 2017, 19:39
As for posting from different continents, here is an example of my location. Notice the clock on my phone, it takes only seconds to move from one continent to another.

Posting from different continents isn't difficult, look, I just did. But you know this, everyone knows.

Do you believe I'm in London? The truth is, it is impossible to tell. Instead, look at the sentence structure, vocabulary and interaction with other members. Keeping your eyes even half open, it is very obvious who is who here.

Moses
September 19th, 2017, 20:28
As for posting from different continents, here is an example of my location. Notice the clock on my phone, it takes only seconds to move from one continent to another.

Now do the same, but your IP must shows DSL providing service - cable... I'm sure in 100% you will fail in it.

Слушай, прекрати уже заниматься ерундой, это напоминает параною. Я не новичок в этом бизнесе, моему первому сайту в этом году двадцать лет, уж как-нибудь клонов я отличу от пользователей.