PDA

View Full Version : tuk tuk hop

paperboy
May 19th, 2017, 17:49
while iam in BKK, i wanted to show my cambodian bf all the sights
and i came accross this app
has anyone used it yet
it looks a great idea, and a way of stopping getting ripped off by the tuk tuk drivers

cdnmatt
May 19th, 2017, 18:51
I hope you enjoy perusing gem and carpet stores. :)

paperboy
May 20th, 2017, 07:02
have you not seen the web site
http://www.tuktukhop.com/

looks a good idea

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2017, 08:05
Just took a quick read of the site, and again, I hope you enjoy perusing gem and carpet / rug stores. :)

If you're looking for that type of experience, I would personally just grab one of Moses' guides to tour you around Bangkok. That's what I plan to do when I finally get us out of the swamp and to Chiang Mai.

Nirish guy
May 20th, 2017, 08:14
I would have thought that paying a professional tour guide to show you the sights would just be a shocking waste of money in your case Matt.

latintopxxx
May 20th, 2017, 08:49
wouldnt even look at it twice...12 years ago..or so...I did the whole BKK tour thing...looked at a gazzilion temples and palaces and some dudes house that was into silk or something.....once was enough......theres only 3 things that bring me to thailand....MB, beaches and food...u would tempt me onto one of those tours even if u paid me.

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2017, 08:52
I would have thought that paying a professional tour guide to show you the sights would just be a shocking waste of money in your case Matt.

Well, we're going to need help when we get there. I'm blind, and Leo is the furthest thing from a city boy, so we'll need help getting settled in. Just the basics... where are the grocery stores, pet stores, vet clinics, decent restaurants / cafes, maybe some parks we can have a picnic, fitness centers, how to get weekly water delivery, etc.

We'd be able to figure it out on our own, but it'd be a whole lot easier just to pay a local guide to help us with that stuff, and I think one of Moses' guides would be perfect for that. :)

a447
May 20th, 2017, 08:54
If you're looking for that type of experience, I would personally just grab one of Moses' guides to tour you around Bangkok. That's what I plan to do when I finally get us out of the swamp and to Chiang Mai.

Are you intending to pay the guide just 6% of his fee?

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2017, 09:11
If you're looking to pick a fight a447, you're REALLY looking at the wrong person. I gave you the benefit of the doubt about 20 times already, and each time you continued to prove yourself as the asshole that you are.

I'm done with you. Move on. Go pick on frequent, or something.

a447
May 20th, 2017, 10:15
You told everyone that you had suddenly gone blind. All I and others have been doing is seek further information on the hope of verifying your extraordinary claim.I don't think that is in any way an unreasonable request.

You could have easily and quickly cleared it up, but you have refused to answer a single question. You haven't helped yourself by posting contradictory information, either.

If you are not willing to explain, be prepared for more ridicule because without any explanation, your posts are totally ridiculous.

Like the one above where first you tell us you are going to "tour" Bangkok. After Nirish's post, you quickly changed your story. You won't be going on a "tour" - you'll be getting "help".

So quit complaining.

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2017, 10:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfn4OxCPQs

I think that's the video I'm looking for at least. I'm the fat kid, and you're the skinny, weak little piece of shit.

a447
May 20th, 2017, 10:33
Hardly! You haven't landed a single blow on any of us.

At least he defended himself and you haven't even done that.

And I just love how you portray yourself as a victim. In some ways, I guess you are - a victim of your own lies.

Lol

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2017, 10:37
Wow, what a waste of time. I'm going to make some pork fried rice for my dogs. 2kg of prok, baby, yee-haw, they'll be happy. :_

paperboy
May 20th, 2017, 16:40
well there goes another highjack
dont know why i bother with this board
Some of you act like 2 year olds

christianpfc
May 20th, 2017, 21:31
I haven't even known about this service. For 200 Baht per day, sounds a good deal. However:

"Ride in honest tuk tuk,..." I didn't know such thing existed.

"...by using our mobile application (http://www.tuktukhop.com/#download) to call a tuk tuk to each point at their convenience."
shouldn't this be "your convenience"?

...and a way of stopping getting ripped off by the tuk tuk drivers

Are you implying you use tuk-tuk as a regular mode of transport? I don't. Every now and then, and today has been just such a day, I silent observe taxi or tuk-tuk drivers discussing with a newbie (easily recognizable by helplessly showing them address on their mobile phone or printout from booking), firstly trying to figure out where that place is, and then discussing fare.

GWMinUS
May 21st, 2017, 09:25
AH here we go again!!
What happened to turning off the Flames!!
Let's reply meaningfully to the OP.
And not waste bytes flaming each other!!

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2017, 11:04
Oh, it's only 200 baht/day? Is it just me, or does that seem a little too cheap> One of those things where if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is?

latintopxxx
May 21st, 2017, 18:02
....damn..now im agreeing with matty

paperboy
May 21st, 2017, 18:04
i will try it

francois
May 22nd, 2017, 07:14
paperboy, it seems that many posts on this forum get sidetracked by squabbling among a couple of posters who despise one another. Like you said earlier 2 year olds.