PDA

View Full Version : The Bombshell the SNP tried to hide.

arsenal
May 10th, 2017, 10:11
As the election draws ever closer and several north-of-the-border high profile political careers enter their twilight, the SNP can no longer pretend to speak for a majority of Scots. Figures show that the percentage of SNP voters who backed Brexit is significantly higher than anyone of the leadership would care to admit. Whether Nicola Sturgeon can reconcile the differences in the hopes and dreams of her voters who voted against one of her major policies is open to question.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/747938/Brexit-Scotland-independence-THIRD-SNP-supporters-voted-Brexit-Sturgeon-embarrassment

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/03/what-next-snp-voters-who-voted-brexit

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2017, 14:18
I don't recall you challenging the Cameron Govt's legitimacy to speak on behalf of the British with a far lower share of the vote than the SNP - or indeed Mrs May who was elected by nobody to nothing.

Further there can be no greater split in Politics over the last 100 years than the one within the Tory party over the EU and Brexit - but hey lets shove that deep into the closet by once again enabling upper class twits and members of the Royal Family to chase foxes half to death and then get their dogs to rip said foxes into pieces whilst still alive.

Your double standards are screaming at any impartial observer, and (without consulting a newspaper or search engine) can you even name any more that two of the "high profile" MPs you say are in danger?

By the way, I didn't read your links. The Daily Express? Seriously?

arsenal
May 10th, 2017, 15:33
"Imapartial," You? Really! I mean REALLY!

Plenty more to come on SGT. Your one stop shop for all the news and views on the election in Scotland.

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2017, 16:34
I wasn't referring to myself, I was referring to any impartial person who has the misfortune to stumble over the utter guff you're posting on these matters

arsenal
May 10th, 2017, 16:41
I merely present this impartial person with the facts. They can make up their own minds. I have no agenda here apart from truth.

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2017, 18:00
OMFG you're such a liar you make Pinnochio look like a real boy

goji
May 11th, 2017, 03:48
We could always partition the country on the Korean model. Have Kim Jong Sturgeon running the Democratic Peoples Republic of Scotland. Then she can do what she likes.

scottish-guy
May 11th, 2017, 03:55
Haven't you heard - we are too small, too poor, and too stupid to be independent.

196 countries in the world manage it with varying degrees of success (including tiny Luxembourg with a total population smaller than our second largest city) but Scotland, despite being rich in natural resources is uniquely incapable of surviving.

latintopxxx
May 12th, 2017, 09:55
says a lot doesnt it...simple high country people who need strong mother england to guide them....

arsenal
June 17th, 2017, 08:06
Having fucked up both education and the economy it is crystal clear that The SNP couldn't be trusted to run a whelk stall. The canny voters north of the border palpably agreed.

scottish-guy
June 18th, 2017, 14:24
...by again giving them more seats than all the Unionist parties added together.

arsenal
June 18th, 2017, 20:12
Oh I'm sorry, my mistake. After a glorious night for the SNP Nicola, Queen of Scots and her cavalcade swept through Holyrood to the thunderous cheers of millions of Scots who knew that she was about to liberate them from the terrible yoke of the English. Sipping on an iced Bloody Mary she reflected that with her in charge Scotland would, at last become her personal fiefdom. It must have been some other Nicola Sturgeon who was trawling around the media looking ashen faced and chastened after the catastrophic election 'victory.' A Pyrrhic victory is ever there was one.

scottish-guy
June 18th, 2017, 23:41
If either the hapless May or the ludicrous Corbyn had taken 60% of the available seats they would have been turning cartwheels.

Tell me I'm wrong

arsenal
June 19th, 2017, 03:48
No. You're absolutely right about that. So were you doing cartwheels on election night? because Sturgeon certainly wasn't.

scottish-guy
June 19th, 2017, 04:50
NO of course I wasn't doing cartwheels - it was a poor showing for my side.

The Unionists voted tactically to maximise their vote as they have every right to do and got a good result (for them).

The SNP had a bad campaign, did not get their vote out, failed to pick up on the late "Corbyn bounce", and undoubtedly lost votes on the basis of both Brexit and Indyref2

However, can we just have some recognition of who still WON the election in Scotland, and by a considerable margin?

The last time I looked a winning total of 35 was considerably better than trailing in a poor second on 13 - by a factor of more than 3

frequent
June 19th, 2017, 10:07
Tell me I'm wrongDeluded certainly. If either May or Corbyn won 60% of the seats having previously held close to 100% I doubt they'd be turning cartwheels

arsenal
June 19th, 2017, 11:21
No one is disputing that the SNP won the election, the disagreement is what it means. I'm saying that independence is all but finished and you say otherwise. Salmond wanted this election to be almost a virtual referendum whereas Sturgeon, in a rare insight to voting intentions didn't. If Salmond's point of view had been given a higher media profile then the damage would be even worse.

And 'ludicrous' doesn't even begin to describe Corbyn and his pork barrel politics. He's basically the left's equivalent of Donald Trump.

scottish-guy
June 19th, 2017, 13:32
If you look at where seats were lost (predominantly the North East and the Borders)these were all areas of high Brexit votes (farming and fishing)

I've seen no hard evidence which points to an anti-Indyref vote rather than an anti-EU one - only assertions to that effect, and even from NS