PDA

View Full Version : Zing Resort and Spa.

frequentfliers
May 3rd, 2017, 07:14
Any update on this hotel? Is it gay friendly.Thinking of booking it shortly,many thanks.

frequent
May 3rd, 2017, 08:17
Any update on this hotel? Is it gay friendly.Thinking of booking it shortly,many thanks.
You didn't think of checking TripAdvisor? https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d2545361-r159620822-Zing_Resort_Spa-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

frequentfliers
May 3rd, 2017, 08:33
You didn't think of checking TripAdvisor? https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d2545361-r159620822-Zing_Resort_Spa-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Thank you,that link is from 2013.

frequent
May 3rd, 2017, 08:52
Thank you,that link is from 2013.I should have remembered that many posters lack even the most basic intelligence. Are you perhaps a friend of a447? There's a link on that page that says: "There are newer reviews for this hotel See the most recent reviews". Selecting the link reveals reviews from as recently as five days ago. One from March says "This is a good option if you're interested in frequenting the gay bars in Jomtien Complex."

Oliver
May 3rd, 2017, 14:45
I value the comments of posters on hotels and restaurants in Thailand. Whether or not I agree with them, I find the gay perspective helpful. As for Tripadvisor , I am a regular contributor and user but it is anything but reliable. You can often detect the personal beef of a contributor relating to a particular member of staff or unusual incident. The more reviews of any venue the better....and far more useful than the personal squabbles that are, at present, dominating this board.

frequent
May 3rd, 2017, 15:43
I value the comments of posters on hotels and restaurants in Thailand. Whether or not I agree with them, I find the gay perspective helpful. As for Tripadvisor , I am a regular contributor and user but it is anything but reliable. You can often detect the personal beef of a contributor relating to a particular member of staff or unusual incident. The more reviews of any venue the better....and far more useful than the personal squabbles that are, at present, dominating this board.The only value of this board in my opinion is its entertainment value - what you call the personal squabbles. Why anyone would take the opinions of the half-dozen people who post here seriously when there hundreds of reviews of hotels and flights and aircraft and what have you on TripAdvisor or FlyerTalk or SeatGuru or just using a Google Search is beyond me. Sadly there are people who throw a tantrum every time the suggestion is made here that there are more reliable sources of information. Of course posters on those other sites will sometimes have a beef about something or other that displeases them; that's human nature, but they're easily ignored

I lunched at Mrs Balbirs in Silom Complex today. My companion and I discussed whether the waiters in the Japanese-style restaurant we faced are on the whole cuter than the waiters in the Thai restaurant behind us. If you know Mrs Balbirs you'll know exactly where we were seated. My inclination was to speculate on how much it would cost to get the waiter in Mrs Balbirs to flop out his cock and dip it in the mango chutney. Is that what you mean by the gay perspective on restaurants?

Dalewood
May 3rd, 2017, 21:12

Strange responses, so far...

I stayed there in February, so I call it gay friendly. Some of the clientele may not be, but a good time was had by all. The hotel owns the gay host bar directly across the soi, so it is hard to believe that the hotel has any issues with gay people.

GWMinUS
May 4th, 2017, 06:33
I think you just need to look at the Location and their Photos on their Web Site.

paperboy
May 4th, 2017, 07:09
ive booked there for next month

Manforallseasons
May 4th, 2017, 10:19
[QUOTE=frequent;216803]The only value of this board in my opinion is its entertainment value - what you call the personal squabbles. /QUOTE]

Unfortunetly you are 100% correct......and after a while it gets real BORING!

F.H. the biggest bore refrains from posting here and has begun to Bore to death the membership of Gaybutton.

arsenal
May 4th, 2017, 10:28
Personal squabbles are great fun. But there is absolutely no reason why both of you can't post other, more useful information as well. But you mostly choose not to.
😔

frequent
May 4th, 2017, 11:47
F.H. the biggest bore refrains from posting here and has begun to Bore to death the membership of Gaybutton.He's sulking because Surfcrest refused to bow to his demands. I'm still waiting to hear from Oliver whether my restaurant review of Mrs Balbirs conforms to his expectations of providing a "gay perspective" on restaurants

arsenal
May 4th, 2017, 13:25
Well it certainly didn't conform to my expectations. Very little about the decor, (Japanese style, what does that mean?) nothing about the food, the service or the prices, any specials of the day? So all in all rather disappointing. Especially as you're well known for the quality of your posts.

frequent
May 4th, 2017, 14:39
I'm not sure if this review conforms to what Oliver means by the "gay perspective" on restaurants but here goes

Despite #69 on the menu containing strong gay overtones - Spicy Crispy Morning Glory Salad (I've always been fond of a Morning Glory (http://www.slang-dictionary.org/Australian-Slang/Morning_glory)) - I stuck to my favourite for lunch (http://www.sex-lexis.com/-dictionary/lunchbox) (oh no, more gay slang) at The Common Room the other day. It's #26 - Spaghetti Carbonara. They've adjusted the menu by adding stickers to the prices, pasting over the old price, so the Carbonara is now 200 baht. The advantage of The Common Room is the ability to inspect the passing trade (http://www.sex-lexis.com/-dictionary/trade) as they cross between Chamchuri and Chula University. The university is having its Long Vacation at the moment, so there are not many students around

As for the Common Room staff - sadly, 99% female. There was only one youth working the day we were there and I'm not sure if his name was Tray Nee. It may even have been Work Perian. I'd certainly be prepared to assist in his education. They add only the 7% VAT to the price but not any service charge (thankfully) but I couldn't work out how the bill came to end in 15 satang and indeed how you could give the correct change

Gay enough, Oliver?

arsenal
May 4th, 2017, 17:02
Thank you Freaky. That's exactly the sort of thing I asked you to write.

Brad the Impala
May 4th, 2017, 23:33
Disappointed that the meal wasn't served in a lunchbox, or perhaps that was the dessert.

Steve1903
May 5th, 2017, 02:37
Was fine for accom but I wouldn't eat there. Overpriced and not even good.

frequent
May 5th, 2017, 11:34
Disappointed that the meal wasn't served in a lunchbox, or perhaps that was the dessert.Very disappointing. I did think of asking for my meal to be laid out on the sole male waiter's stomach, close to his lunchbox. As for any other sort of box, the more usual form would be bento, but I don't have much of an appetite for Japanese protein (cum aside). If it's food in a box, I don't think you can go past a Harrods Hamper

I visited a Starbucks recently (yes, well ...). A large Thai woman was seated by herself, having some sort of snack. A fat German came in and gave her the sort of wai that I thought was reserved for the Supreme Patriarch. He ordered no snack or drink. Almost immediately they were joined by another Thai woman and her spawn. They ordered nothing either. It appears the the first woman was organising something or other on behalf of the second woman with the fat German as an intermediary. After occupying Starbucks' seats and floor area (the spawn) for almost 30 minutes without spending any money they then departed. The Starbucks staff called out their usual meaningless thanks

And the gay aspect (to keep Oliver happy)? One of the young men working there bears a name label "Job". He wasn't sufficiently comely for me to ask whether it was Hand or Head