PDA

View Full Version : FREQUENT ... aka ... KOMMENTARIAT ... BOYGENIUS

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 11:30
There is a growing correspondence in the Pattaya Go-go Bars thread about this loathsome poster. It's time that thread got back to the much more enjoyable things in life and a thread opened where members can provide further opinions oaths poster.

Let's recall a few facts kindly provided by Surfcrest and others.

1. This poster has been banned from this forum not once, but twice. Yet for some wholly inexplicable reasons he has been permitted to return.
2. This poster uses pure lies to describe events which never happened, to continually bring other posters into fantasy trips.
3. This poster delights in wholly negative posts putting down other posters. He never responds when cornered. He is simply a dissembler and deflector.
4. This poster has already said he delights in being "very rude, an overly mild description.
5. This poster has already been responsible for regular posters abandoning this forum to join others.
6. In sum, he is a disruptive, dissembling, pathetic, disgraceful, proven liar.
Yet despite all the above, the Board owner has decided he can be banned - then return - be banned again - then return again. One of those bans was for almost bringing this entire Board crashing down with comments about the nation's monarchy - totally forbidden under the rules. If only for that reason, the question has to be: why was he not banned for life?

The owners of this forum are perfectly entitled to set the rules. But since they own the board, they are also perfectly at liberty to change rules at any time. None is so cast in stone it is there for time immemorial. So -

1. Why is he still permitted to pollute this Board with his postings?
2. When is a ban a ban - and when is it not a ban? Can the membership please be informed?
3. Under what conditions, if any, was he permitted to retune?
4. If one member is permitted to return several times, does this mean that other banned members are permitted to return?

Some years ago the poster Beachlover almost devastated this Board and the gaythailand Board. On gaythailand, the owner refused to ban him. It took a revolt from posting members before action was finally taken and a permanent ban was effected. I trust the owners will realise that action on this Board against this poster has already started.

Finally, to lighten the mood, frequent aka kommentariat aka boygenius reminds me a little of one of Kurt Weill's songs "Alabama", here sung by his widow Lotte Lenya, with its wonderfully wistful yet acerbic bar-sodden lyrics, some of which include -

Oh show me the way to the next whisky bar
Oh don't ask why, don't ask why!
For we must find the next whisky bar
For if we don't find the next whisky bar
I tell you we must die!

Oh moon of Alabama . . .

Oh show us the way to the next pretty boy
Oh don't ask why, don't ask why!
For we must find the next pretty boy
For if we don't find the next pretty boy
I tell you we must die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-5ata4jDyk

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2017, 11:48
Go look in the mirror.

Gee, I wonder why the forum is so dead?

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 12:18
Yes indeed, Matt. I wonder why it is so dead. You are not involved in the OP but since you raise the question - how many threads have you started since October 1st? What to know? 5. That's just one more than the twice-banned liar frequent and just two more than the hydra sglad/SugarGrandpa. How many did I start? 35 on a wide variety of subjects including trip reports, lots of photographs etc.

Bringing this up was absolutely not my intention at all. But it was you who brought it up. You still say the forum is dead? I wonder why! I trust you have a mirror or two in Khon Kaen!

bobsaigon2
April 15th, 2017, 12:48
The cost to the board owner of allowing frequent to remain (or return in future) could be simply that the moderators preview all of his posts and prevent the posting of anything that is either in conflict with Thai law or morality, or in conflict with the generally accepted traditions of non-offensive writing. Of course that might mean that only one in a hundred of frequent's posts ever see the light of day on this board, but it would certainly be welcomed by the rest of the board members. Moderators don't have enough time for that? Then the obvious solution is to ban the individual.

To put this matter to rest, the board owner could state his reason why frequent cannot be banned. That transparency would allow existing board members to make an informed decision about whether to remain with SGT.

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 13:23
To put this matter to rest, the board owner could state his reason why frequent cannot be banned. That transparency would allow existing board members to make an informed decision about whether to remain with SGT.
I agree 100%. One problem, I suggest, is that there are in fact no moderators on this forum - only the owners. Moses does intervene very occasionally but I am sure he will agree that his lack of fluency in English makes it all but impossible for him to monitor every post and understand its nuances.

So that leaves Surfcrest. Let's not forget that Surfcrest rescued this forum after the disaster of Neal and every member here owes him debt of gratitude. So it is very difficult to make accusations of favouritism or whatever. But the fact is that he remains the only moderator. As an active businessman I cannot believe he has the time to devote to monitoring the Board as regularly as he would perhaps like.

But the lack of transparency about frequent in his various guises is now a major issue. I did not read this forum for many years because it was impossible to access it in Bangkok other than through a slow proxy server. So I rarely bothered. Surfcrest solved that problem. I believe I am right in saying that when he took over there was a form of general amnesty. However, the banning of kommentariat took place some time AFTER that amnesty. So why is he still here posting as frequent?

Blueskytoday
April 15th, 2017, 13:26
If the board owners want to ban and block someone...I see no reason why they can't... It is THEIR site....so be it..If they think they have reason to do so...go for it..

frequent
April 15th, 2017, 14:26
Oh dear. The wooden cross has been assembled, the nails are ready but Pontius Pilate refuses to wash his hands and allow the pompous Pharisees to carry out their precious crucifixion. What a way to spend Easter.

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 14:55
What a way to spend Easter.
Time then to scurry back into your rat hole as nicely described by Surfcrest, twice banned liar!

frequent
April 15th, 2017, 15:11
Time then to scurry back into your rat hole as nicely described by Surfcrest, twice banned liar!

You appear to have misinterpreted an ironic comment as a complaint. No surprises there

Oh and while you're at, can you provide links to the post where Surfcrest announced kommentariat was banned?

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2017, 16:17
Yes indeed, Matt. I wonder why it is so dead. You are not involved in the OP but since you raise the question - how many threads have you started since October 1st? What to know? 5. That's just one more than the twice-banned liar frequent and just two more than the hydra sglad/SugarGrandpa. How many did I start? 35 on a wide variety of subjects including trip reports, lots of photographs etc.

Bringing this up was absolutely not my intention at all. But it was you who brought it up. You still say the forum is dead? I wonder why! I trust you have a mirror or two in Khon Kaen!

Few things. I didn't get back online until mid-Oct I think, plus my life has been really boring since, so not sure what I'm supposed to post about. "Hey everyone, I cooked some prok for my dogs today!"? For some reason, I don't think people would give a shit. That, and...

1.) No disprespect, but you always blast members off the board. One guy a little while back just asked for a hotel recommendation, you immediately blasted him as a troll, and I don't think we've heard from him since.

2.) You realize you're antagonizing the situation, right? I don't really like frequent or latin either, so you know what happens? We ignore each other, and both continue having a jolly good time on the board.

My only exception to #2 though is when idiots like Smiles or a447 call me a liar for going blind, because that really hits a nerve with me. Jokes on them though, because it just proves they have no decency or empathy within them.

Come on fountain, you're better than this. I remember that one multi-page thread trying to get latin banned. That didn't go well, so why do you think this would be any different?

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 17:19
Now! Now! Matt. Better to get your facts straight before throwing out accusations.

1. I have checked back to September. Only once has a new member posted a request for hotel info - in the thread Inn Saladaeng BKK. The poster was Mickey and he made just that one post. But I defy you to find any post of mine that was anything other than helpful. There have also been threads about the BBB Inn on which I made no comment, several on the Tarntawan hotel when in one I did attempt to bring them all together because there were so many separate threads, and one on the Zing hotel where again I made no comment! So where is there any hotel request post where I drove a first time poster away? It doesn't exist! Perhaps you recall the thread started by the hydra sglad when several posters immediately called out troll. Please note that I was not one!

2. As far as Latin is concerned, I have never hidden my dislike of most of his posting but I have not called for Latin to be banned. I suggest you look at comments made by arsenal and Smiles which have generally been more anti-Latin over a longer period.

So please check facts, Matt, rather than relying exclusively on memory. It happens from time to time that what we think of as fact is merely what we think at the time were probably facts - but were mere confusions.

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2017, 17:47
I can't be fucked to look it up, but just after SGlad was banned, a little while later someone made an obscure post asking for a hotel recommendation. The first reply was from you, saying the poster was suspicious, because if he used the search function he'd find loads of hotel recommendations. Then as per-usual with SGT, it deterroriated from there, and turned into a huge quueny bitch fest.

n

frequent
April 15th, 2017, 18:00
So please check facts, Matt, rather than relying exclusively on memory. It happens from time to time that what we think of as fact is merely what we think at the time were probably facts - but were mere confusions.

Indeed - like the assertion that kommentariat was banned. Didn't happen. Fake news.

goji
April 15th, 2017, 18:12
Yes indeed, Matt. I wonder why it is so dead.

Answer: Reading the posts by the trolls gets boring, so eventually some people just spend less & less time contributing.

Where the management of a board will not kick off the obvious offenders, time spent writing long arguments as to why they should kick these members off is time wasted. Even if the argument is perfectly formed, as yours tend to be.

If the board management don't act & you're not satisfied with that (which would be very understandable), well I suppose the best option is to migrate off to a board which is actively moderated.

MiniMee
April 15th, 2017, 19:17
Now! Now! Matt. Better to get your facts straight before throwing out accusations.
..........Only once has a new member posted a request for hotel info - in the thread Inn Saladaeng BKK.......So where is there any hotel request post where I drove a first time poster away? It doesn't exist!

So please check facts, Matt, rather than relying exclusively on memory.....

I expect Matt is thinking of the case of DrewSpz in the thread entitled "1st time to Thailand... Need some Pattaya Info" dated 20th Feb.

All the guy did was ask about a hotel, and some of you immediately pounce on him. Do you really need to have your pitchforks and torches ready 24x7 like this? Maybe ttake some Prozac, or something.

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 19:51
I found the thread about the same time as MiniMee. But I was doing more research on it - and both your and MiniMee’s facts are not accurate, although in one instance Matt you are partially correct.

Please note the thread is titled “1st time to Thailand…Need some Pattaya Info”, not with a hotel mentioned in the title. This was indeed from the poster named DrewSpz who worte -

I'm going to Thailand for the first time next week and want to get some pointers on hotels. I'll spend a quick night in Bangkok and am good to go with hotel choice, but am finding Pattaya a little more difficult to decide, given that you have Boyztown, Sunee, and Jomtien.
At the same time in a different thread “Pattaya host and gogo bars: A review”, he asked –

What does it mean for a boy to 'smoke?' I take it the term is not literal? Thanks! :-)
Francois replied that it was about cigarettes! Then rollingstone2 wrote that it means a blow job.

As to the general Pattaya thread, I replied and the word troll was indeed mentioned, but not as an accusation –

At the risk of bringing up trolls again, I'm sorry DrewSpz but your question about hotels has been asked many dozens of times before on this Board . . . Did you think about checking the Search engine? It does seem more than a bit odd that anyone visiting for the first time during high season will not have done some at least basic research on the three gay areas and their hotels until just a few days in advance! Besides you give no indication of your budget per night nor whether you desire a single or double, want a pool, be near the gay beach etc.. Most visitors will have made bookings some time ago.

As to the question about "smoking" in the other thread which you have just started here, how long have you been reading this or any other chat room? Have you again checked the search engine?
My comments re the SGT search engine are perfectly valid. How many people make their first visit to Thailand during the high season and try to book a Pattaya hotel at only a few days notice without having done at least some basic research? OK, maybe a few. But the rest of my comment was designed to elicit more information. How can you suggest hotels without that information?

DrewSpz responded –

I don't even know what a troll is.. hahaha.

I really don't know what 'Smoke' means... i've googled it. Its either something sexual or drug based, obviously.
Now, if a gay guy who reads gay forums and then asks about the meaning of smoking, inevitably some will query him – as francois did.

However the reference to having googled it doesn’t quite pan out, for a google search on smoking and sexual references will throw up a number of sites specifically mentioning oral sex. That alone makes it somewhat - shall we say - 'odd'!

Put that lot together and if you don’t have some doubts, expressed or not, forum members are bound to be slightly suspicious. Please note, though, he certainly did not leave after my response. He continued to post for several days. Then arsenal made a comment –

The writing style of Sglad combined with the subject choice of Sugargrandpa.
Later, I responded –

I hope I am proved wrong and that he will subsequently post of his Pattaya experiences as a mark of good faith to those trying to assist him. I wish him a happy stay wherever that might be.
Even later (5 days after his original post and my first post), he posted

I decided to do one night in Jomtien, one in Sunee, and one in Boystown. So let's see how it goes.
So it is totally wrong to say DrewSpz was frightened off by allegations of being a troll. And you are totally wrong that the thread "deteriorated from there". That is utterly untrue. He received a number of positive recommendations (which I could not give as I am rarely in Pattaya) as well as good wishes.

So an outright statement that he was driven away is just absolutely wrong.

MiniMee
April 15th, 2017, 20:42
and Bill Clinton didn't have sex with that woman.

fountainhall
April 15th, 2017, 20:51
OMG, Another of the kindergarten brigade. No need to cry, though. One of your banned pals is still here :D

The most interesting regulars have already left, virtually left, or been banned.

All we are left with today in the way of 'regulars' is a small clique of nasty egotists who 'like' each other's posts, even when absolutely nothing of note is posted.

bobsaigon2
April 16th, 2017, 00:01
It really is just a game for him, a desperate attempt to make something of his last days…..

….so he’s shuffling down the soi behind his Zimmer frame, on his way to the nearby internet shop, a smile on his face, occasionally chortling (gently, so he doesn’t dislodge any of his false teeth). Entering the shop he’s greeted by the 15 year old manager, “Wadee ka, Khun Frequent”. She doesn’t attempt a wai since she’s found that most farangs ignore it.

He immediately goes into a lengthy explanation about why he’s so happy. “The farangs on the forum, they’re paying attention to me, they’re noticing me, they’re finally paying heed to my existence”.

At a loss, shegestures to a computer at the back of the shop, “Number 20, ka”.

“But don’t you see, I’m being noticed by so many farangs – English, American, Canadian, Australian. They read about me and comment every day, almost as if I did something to deserve their attention”.

“Ka, number 20, ka”.

“Yes, but now I’m somebody. Every day they talk about me. Of course some of them are not quite polite, they use words like childish or puerile…but never mind, you probably don’t know those words”.

Out of frustration, she tries it in Thai. “Ka, baw yee sip, ka”, and she takes his arm to lead him to the computer.

Moments later, heguffaws and announces to her that the Englishman has added two new posts abouthim.

“Ka. Dee, ka”. And she calls her brother to come down to the shop while she takes a break.

Surfcrest
April 16th, 2017, 02:01
frequent....kommentariat....boygeenyus...

When I joined this community some years ago, boygeenyus was already here. Smiles was the owner of this forum, then with jinks as a moderator, then elephantspike as an owner with jinks moderating, and then to Neal and lastly to myself and Moses and I. When I speak of this member being banned over the years, this is true...but not by me.

I recall wading into a scrap between boygeenyus and The Colonel and having similar opinions of boygeenyus then as most here do today. The Colonel was much worse, the crap that he would write and the battles both he and boygeenyus started, with each other or involving others. Somewhere in time, it all got too much for jinks and be banned them both. I believe The Colonel returned as Homintern and boygeenyus as Beach Bunny. Homintern lived behind another hydra he created just to harass Beach Bunny, that he called Beached Bunny...using the same avatar as Beach Bunny. I think this banning occurred when elephantspike was the owner and jinks the moderator.

When Neal owned this forum he was Sooty, a black kaftan wearing man...or so he described himself. Kommentariat was created just before I bought the forum from Neal.

I have no way of verifying anything I just wrote, I just have a good memory. Unfortunately, my eyesight is not as good as my memory.

I have explained to the membership already that I accidentally banned kommentariat.I can't recall why he was suspended, I doubt it had anything to do with Lèse majesté as that is not kommentariat's thing, that's more a Khor tose thing. Anyhow, I emptied out the suspended members bin and deleted his membership with all the old memberships I caught Kjun12 using.

Anyone that knows boygeenyus from his CFS days is that this is his background. He's run a forum before, he knows how it all works and he knows how to surf in stealth mode better than most. Even elephantspike, who's knowledge of this sort of thing runs deep, enough to crash the BitchBoard wasn't able to block boygeenyus. Our defense systems here are great at keeping the honest ones out and the hackers that are trying to get in...but we don't have the ability to block someone who enters as a legitimate member, through the normal registration process everyone else goes through. I believe kommentariat already wrote at lengths as to how he is able to do that.

The next issue my friends, we don't have a Rule for lynching other members. We have some Rules that I enforce with the best of my ability. I am and we are open to adding more Rules where the membership sees fit. I am not going to create any Rules to enforce myself. This is not Gaybuttonthai or Gay Thailand, we offer an alternative without too much moderation for those seeking such a forum. We all remember how Neal used to run things here and how the membership hated that, so we do things the exact opposite.

A few weeks ago the witch hunt was in pursuit of workhardplayhard and then MFAS for his disruptive posts, before that it was latintopxx, next week it will be Mini Mee...I'm not interested in the game. My role is to provide the space for you to talk about what you want with who you want.That invitation is out there to everyone, not one member more than another. If you're not interested in engaging one member or another, please consider putting them on ignore. Sometimes this attention that you are giving is precisely what they seek. Don't feed the trolls!

Surfcrest

Smiles
April 16th, 2017, 03:01
In general, I am quite happy to support Surfcrest's philosophical dislike of banning anyone, unless it becomes obvious that the goal ~ and methods ~ of some troll are so egregious as to be a serious existential threat to the Board itself. For myself, other than that ... carry on.
I applaud Surfcrest's World O' Message Boards overview " ... I'm not interested in the game ... "

I think that Fountainhall is a great and knowledgeable poster, has a clearly intelligent mind, and is a formidable debater. It would be a great shame for him to vacate the premises because of a visceral dislike of specific members, when in fact such posters can be easily ignored.

'Latinpoxx' IS a troll, no question in my mind. He enjoys trolling, winding up ('truth-telling' he would call it ... though he really isn't that smart). Does that make him a 'danger' to the Board itself? Of course not.

'Frequent', for myself, is not a troll (he's not my hero either), but I can easily see why another member ~ one who feels he's being overly 'personalized' by Frequent ~ might get to a point of such great frustration that he would feel that ridding the Frequents of this world altogether might be the best decision. But that's also too personal: there is no 'danger' to the Board itself. Ignoring is the best solution under the circumstances ... even though Fountainhall has stated above he will not do that.
I sincerely hope he will change his mind on that.

frequent
April 16th, 2017, 07:57
I think if Surfcrest re-examines his own posts he will find that he once wrote that he had "accidentally" deleted kommentariat's account, he didn't know how, but he invited kommentariat to rejoin and ask Surfcrest to link up his old posts with his new login

That never happened. Kommentariat was never "banned", accidentally or otherwise

However I'm intrigued to read that boygenyus and kommentariat are one and the same person. Boygenyus as Surfcrest says is icon513 on the CfS forum. But if boygenyus and The Colonel feuded and then The Colonel became homintern and homintern became kommentariat, and frequent = kommentariat = boygenyus?? That doesn't add up

frequent
April 16th, 2017, 11:11
I'm looking forward to a fountainhall response, full of the invective and bile for which he is justly famous

fountainhall
April 16th, 2017, 11:16
Putting aside - temporarily - any animosity, perceived or otherwise, with other member or members, I absolutely fail to understand Surfcrest's view. He mentions the other Boards he suggests are over-modified. We all know that GB is in the "heavy" category and actively moderates. Inevitably that Board has a smallish membership base, and it does appear to be overly Pattaya-centric. I recently started posting again on that site after several years. Frankly I am quite enjoying it.

What has happened over at gaythailand I really have no idea. No one seems to know who Scooby might be - who cares? - but there appears to me to be little active moderation. Years ago there was a panel of moderators that included Michael, GB and z909. Since the Scooby take-over, there appears to be only Scooby himself (or themselves since they are supposed to be a gay couple). From the times I have looked at that Board there has been little evidence of moderation, apart from a few trolls thrown off and a couple of threads closed. That hardly appears to be over-moderation in my view. Indeed it seems to be a pretty sensible way of running a Board.

As for this Board, I know precious little of its history and the regular posters of the past and their handles despite being a member for 11 years. I joined to get information. However, as I stated earlier, for many years it was very difficult to access the site in Bangkok other than via a slow proxy server, so I gave up. What re-sparked my interest was the photo competition which Neal ran some years ago. I decided to enter and, along with others, won some prizes which I think most of us donated to charity. After a couple of years when I had a lot of work, I gave up posting anywhere. Then I decided to return here for a variety of reasons, not the least being the new ease of access.

As far as posters and banning them is concerned, I still completely fail to understand how anyone who is banned can then be invited back. Banning by accident on the face of it seems a bit of an oxymoron! If that is the case, why not another general amnesty and have Khortose and Kjun12 back? Yes, Surfcrest has given his reasons but I find them tenuous at best! He then says there is no mechanism for lynching other members. If there is not, then I suggest that there has to be – even though I believe the word lynch is wholly inaccurate in this context.

Let's face facts - and again, (other than in one instance below) not point any fingers at individuals (including me). This forum is dying. The Board itself seemingly has loads of members and equally quite a large daily readership. Yet the posting base is now the lowest of the three main forums. gaythailand was once losing members at quite a fast rate. Yet for whatever reason for well over a year it has been by far the most successful in terms of its posting membership. It's way out ahead. It's also way out ahead in terms of the variety of subjects discussed. Like all forums it has its ding dongs from time to time, but there are few signs of the very deep-rooted animosities evident here.

Even GBT is now illustrating a wider variety of subject matter (even discounting that long Trump site), whereas here we have a bunch of regular posters, some of whom try to start and continue interesting threads, some of whom chip in helpful comments occasionally, and others whose sole objective appears - note I say appears - to be destructive. Destructive in the sense of not contributing anything of value and destructive in rarely posing anything other than their perceived delight in putting down other posters, especially regular posters whom they appear just not to like.

The whole purpose of a Thailand gay forum, in my view, is the provision of a space where gay guys can sensibly and rationally discuss a wide variety of gay issues that include information – especially about gay nightlife in all its various forms, others of especial interest to gay men, accurate travel reports within Thailand and elsewhere that have some interest to gays, the updating of general information for locals and tourists and the occasional banter that is common in any type of conversation with friends and colleagues.

What is should not be, in my view, is a centre of negativity. You can’t avoid that completely, but you should certainly be able to control it. (I have now to be specific in just one instance. There is a poster here whom I shall not name whose posts are consistently very negative. The same poster posts on GBT but is permitted to continue to do so only provided the negativity is toned down almost to zero. So he posts positively on one forum; and then posts all his destructive negativity here).

The point of that example is, I suggest, to illustrate how there are some posters here whose sole purpose, in one case actually declared, is to destroy the geniality of the forum. Gingering up, being deliberately provocative and so on is again not unusual. But when it becomes the norm with a certain group of posters and just goes on and on with nothing positive being posted, over time it starts to eat away at the attractiveness of the forum for more general readers and posters. That is undeniable fact! It creates within the forum factions, as is certainly the case here.

And I submit that leads down a slippery slope that ends at the bottom of which are the various bitchboards which appeared 2 or 3 years ago. We all know who started at least one of them. Their entire raison d’etre seemed to be to settle at old scores and ridicule others. I think it is not a coincidence that some who post here posted on one or more of those loathsome boards. Why do they not just leave and restart another bitchboard for all the moaners?

And that is my fear for this forum. By permitting members to hurl personal insults at each other (yes, I include myself in that group) and to do so time after time after time inevitably makes it into, for the time being, a mildish bitchboard clone. Someone has to step in and lay down some sort of law that prevents what is generally a small group of posters from ruining the reading experience of others. The occasional admonition won’t work – and this forum does not even have that!

You can’t expect those who continuously bitch and attack to change their spots – UNLESS you are like GB in the case of the anonymous poster I mention above. So in fact it can be done. But if Surfcrest and Moses are happy with a general free-for-all here with one group pitched against another, then I definitely will not enjoy contributing more. Yes, I know. I attack when I am attacked. Fair point! But others have to agree that vastly more of my posts are in the “of interest” category than the attacks. Compare that with the posts from the destructive element. How many of those are actually positive? Is that really what you want Surfcrest? Is it really what you want Moses?

Freedom is a word much touted on this forum. Yet those who say it seem always to forget that there is no such thing as total freedom. It comes with responsibility. Posting on this forum is a privilege and as such the interests of the Board in general and the other membership have to be considered. I maintain some posters never even consider this.

Well, I have never been noted for brevity and I have given the destroyers tons of ammunition. Fire away, guys, if that is what you want. Show your stripes! You have free reign here, remember!

fountainhall
April 16th, 2017, 11:37
in fact such posters can be easily ignored
Indeed they can - but my question is: why should they be ignored? I have had experience of this over on gaythailand. You put some irritating poster (not vindictive) on ignore, but when you come to read a thread, since other posters are frequently quoting from his posts or referring to or quoting something he has written, the thread becomes nonsense! Either you have posters who post sensibly and are not continuously vindictive by treating a Board as their personal attack dog; or you take steps to ensure that personal attacks of the type regularly witnessed here just do not happen.

And if you are happy to permit a free-for-all, how come so many members have actually been banned here - starting with Beachlover?

In the spirit of my earlier post, I will refrain from responding to frequent's personal comments on this thread and the one about his exploits in Sydney.

bobsaigon2
April 16th, 2017, 11:53
OK Surfcrest, you own the board. I wish you and frequent a long and happy life together. Bye bye.

cdnmatt
April 16th, 2017, 12:14
Indeed they can - but my question is: why should they be ignored? I have had experience of this over on gaythailand. You put some irritating poster (not vindictive) on ignore, but when you come to read a thread, since other posters are frequently quoting from his posts or referring to or quoting something he has written, the thread becomes nonsense! Either you have posters who post sensibly and are not continuously vindictive by treating a Board as their personal attack dog; or you take steps to ensure that personal attacks of the type regularly witnessed here just do not happen.

And if you are happy to permit a free-for-all, how come so many members have actually been banned here - starting with Beachlover?

In the spirit of my earlier post, I will refrain from responding to frequent's personal comments on this thread and the one about his exploits in Sydney.

What exactly are you trying to achieve with this thread? Just looking for some attention, or what? Surfcrest has already made it pretty clear he's not going to bend, and mold the membership roster to one poster's personal preferences.

He's fine, just do like the rest of us, and ignore him. Ut;s really not that difficult. Like it or not, he has just as much freedom to be on this forum as you do. Grow up, be a big boy, and just ignore him. It's really not that difficult.

You're causing a shitstorm for absolutely no reason.

fountainhall
April 16th, 2017, 12:27
The exodus has begun. So sad!

Bobsaigon is one of this boards gentlemen . . . Can there be any clearer sign (for frequent) to fuck off because while Bob doesn't like to use foul language I have no such qualms.

arsenal
April 16th, 2017, 12:31
Frequent is a cunt and Bobsaigon is a very pleasant menber who has now left which I am extremely sorry about. However, lets be clear here. He has left not because of Frequent but because Surfcrest won't ban him. And in that decision Surfcrest has my support. I want Frequent to fuck off of his own accord but he shouldn't be banned. The same as Minimee.

Fountainhall: In the recent past you have led banning campaigns against about 5 or 6 members with longer and longer tirades. Time for a timeout perhaps.

fountainhall
April 16th, 2017, 12:44
In the recent past you have led banning campaigns against about 5 or 6 members with longer and longer tirades.
That is plain untrue arsenal. Yes, I have expressed my antagonism to certain posters for the manner of their posting - and that has indeed increased as those particular posters have thrown insults at me. I have not called for outright bans with one exception. Perhaps you might tell us about about your own series of posts against some posters like Latintopxxx?

If challenged in a court I do think that in todays' society Sexual Deviant Latin would be held accountable for some of the things he has written and, it must be said that Surfcrest has allowed him to write. Frequent is an arsehole and Minimee is similar but Sexual Deviants' writings display the character of someone who ought to be placed on a register of some kind.

Time for a timeout perhaps.
Time for a departure.

arsenal
April 16th, 2017, 12:58
Secual Deviant is but one. Frequent and MFAS and Latin and Sglad and Sugagrandpa...any I missed. Perhaps I'm next for a purge.

fountainhall
April 16th, 2017, 13:16
I expected better from you, arsenal. You are dealing in fiction and myth. Find any post prior to February 20 when I at any time ever suggested sglad and sugargradpa be banned. That is utter nonsense. Unlike two other posters who immediately wrote they suspected a troll. And even you wrote you were not entirely sure -

The initial suspicion has gone and we have acquired another young member of the board. Halle-fucking-lujah.
For your information, sugargrandpa made no post since December and it was his one post on February 20 this year which Surfcrest pounced on. It was that post that made SURFCREST realise that sglad and sugargrandpa were a hydra. I had nothing to do with that.

Yes I laid a trap - but I never informed any member or owner or posted that I was doing so until after the event.

arsenal
April 16th, 2017, 14:26
It's an unwinable war. The Vietnam conflict of gayboardland unless you deploy the nuclear option.

scottish-guy
April 16th, 2017, 14:27
Really don't know why the discussion is still going on.

Founty (rightly or wrongly) has a problem with Frequent and wants him hung, drawn and quartered.

Surfy (the guy who pays the bills) won't play along.

End of story surely?

Personally I found some of the characters who have been dredged up in this debate (Homintern/The Colonel etc) much more fun than the mostly bland contributions we get these days. There's really only NIrish who can raise a titter - and ChristianPFC (unintentionally)

:D

fountainhall
April 16th, 2017, 14:55
It's an unwinable war.
How so? You make an accusation that is not true. So you merely continue as though you are as innocent as . . . well, frequent!

Founty (rightly or wrongly) has a problem with Frequent and wants him hung, drawn and quartered.

Surfy (the guy who pays the bills) won't play along.

End of story surely?
Scotty hits the nail on the head. Time to end all. Götterdämmerung.

Surfcrest
April 16th, 2017, 15:33
But if boygenyus and The Colonel feuded and then The Colonel became homintern and homintern became kommentariat, and frequent = kommentariat = boygenyus?? That doesn't add up
It doesn’t add up, because that is not what I wrote. I never suggested homintern became kommentariat…aka you. It may make you feel good to mistake yourself for homintern, but homintern was much, much smarter than you. He forever always had the upper hand against you, simply because he was smarter…and you’re not. He was more of a cunt than you…but you’ve had plenty of time to catch up now haven’t you?

As far as posters and banning them is concerned, I still completely fail to understand how anyone who is banned can then be invited back. Banning by accident on the face of it seems a bit of an oxymoron! If that is the case, why not another general amnesty and have Khortose and Kjun12 back? Yes, Surfcrest has given his reasons but I find them tenuous at best! He then says there is no mechanism for lynching other members. If there is not, then I suggest that there has to be – even though I believe the word lynch is wholly inaccurate in this context.
That is indeed, precisely what I did. Kjun12 is now known as Marti and Khor tose is a regular poster again. Only Timmberty remains on the banned list.

And that is my fear for this forum. By permitting members to hurl personal insults at each other (yes, I include myself in that group) and to do so time after time after time inevitably makes it into, for the time being, a mildish bitchboard clone. Someone has to step in and lay down some sort of law that prevents what is generally a small group of posters from ruining the reading experience of others. The occasional admonition won’t work – and this forum does not even have that!

Members have been hurling insults at each other here going right back to the beginning. The other forums are where members would go if they couldn’t take the heat in the kitchen. It’s been going on like that here for a very, very long time. I’m certainly not here to change that.
In fact, it is much tamer today than it has ever been before.
People aren’t leaving the forums because of frequent. The industry is changing. The customer base that supports the bars in Thailand and the forums that tell the stories of those bar exploits are shrinking. I see tons of boys now online, posting their numbers…finding new ways of hooking up. The economic situation in Thailand has been constantly improving with a growing middle class and few boys in the lower class structure willing to make an income this way with the pressures of social media. The global situation has changed, not the same people are traveling to Thailand and our group is thinning out with age, over time.
This is the Twilight of the Sex industry in Thailand and possibly around the globe. We can go mopping around about it, or seize the moment (As many of us did in the 80’s, 90’s and later) and make the most of what is still here.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
April 16th, 2017, 16:12
..This is the Twilight of the Sex industry in Thailand and possibly around the globe. We can go mopping around about it....

I agree on the first point and the last time I remember having to do any mopping (both arms dripping jizz) was emerging from Krazy Pub in Sunee in the early 2000's

:D

Manforallseasons
April 16th, 2017, 17:29
fountainhall addresses the BORED membership.....https://youtu.be/fn3uYkzYrno

Moses
April 16th, 2017, 21:33
Sorry for my limited English. I will try to write short for to avoid misunderstanding.

Situation is funny. A lot of words "do this" or "do that", and no one offer "lets do this or that". Do you feel lack of moderation? Ok, then take moder's position and do it in accordance of board's rules. Anybody? No one? I see...

arsenal
April 16th, 2017, 22:15
Surfcrest says that Frequent isn't even very good at being a cunt. Seriously Freaky is there nothing that you can do well? Haha.

Brad the Impala
April 17th, 2017, 04:42
There is a growing correspondence in the Pattaya Go-go Bars thread about this loathsome poster. It's time that thread got back to the much more enjoyable things in life and a thread opened where members can provide further opinions oaths poster.

This whole thread started with these disingenuous comments. Your motives in starting this thread had nothing to do with your concern for the distraction of another thread, and everything to do with your desire to govern this board. In this action you follow a447. Both of you had my respect at various times, but, for what it's value may or may not be, both of you have lost my respect with your attempts to muzzle others, for personal reasons.

This board is ungovernable, and if it was governed by anyone it would be by the moderator/owner(for better for worse, in sickness and in health).

Thank heavens for that, because it is that freedom which has given this board it's unique nature, over many years. If you can't accept that, move on.

frequent
April 17th, 2017, 05:40
Right, so the lines of descent according to Surfcrest are (1) boygenyus ... kommentariat ... frequent, and (2) The Colonel ... homintern .... BeachedBunny. The second line has died out, inexplicably?

And now the prefects are arguing: "Your list of posters to ban is bigger than my list of posters to ban"

I don't think I've had this much fun since Hedda proposed the Hydra hypothesis

arsenal
April 17th, 2017, 06:21
Frequent and fun In the same sentence. A rarely seen combination.

Yraen
April 17th, 2017, 09:39
Guys, you have filled up 5 pages on a subject that is really none of your business, regardless of which viewpoint you hold.

So, if you have a beef about another poster, write to Surfie and make your point. If Surfie agrees, he will act on it; if he does not, he won't. Stop trying to 'force' him to your viewpoint; thousands of reiterations of a single viewpoint matter not a jot. It is his blog and he runs it as he sees fit.

If anyone cannot live with that, then it is time for that individual to leave and find another blog to haunt

arsenal
April 17th, 2017, 10:16
Well said Yraen.

MiniMee
April 17th, 2017, 10:59
Right, so the lines of descent according to Surfcrest are.....

I think Surfcrest must have got confused around the time that Thonglor55 appeared on the scene.

Surfcrest
April 17th, 2017, 13:38
Right, so the lines of descent according to Surfcrest are (1) boygenyus ... kommentariat ... frequent, and (2) The Colonel ... homintern .... BeachedBunny. The second line has died out, inexplicably?

I don't think I've had this much fun since Hedda proposed the Hydra hypothesis

I think we both know Stephen is no longer with us. Quite fortunately though, I recall a time once when he posted a photo of you in your spat over which Pub had the best smelling plastic over the seats. I seem to recall this enraged you and possibly got The Colonel banned...and I was able to save a copy before jinks took it down. Oh the fun of yesteryear!

I believe Hedda was not that far off the mark, as Donald Trump has now discovered about Area 51.

Surfcrest

arsenal
April 17th, 2017, 14:29
The picture emerging of Latins' little arsewipe Freaky over the last few days has been worth the price of admission alone. Old, bitter, saggy arsed (due to over use in the past I understand) , pedantic, a little dim witted and now arguing over 'which pub has the best smelling plastic.' Who'd like an evening out with him? Form an orderly queue please gentlemen.

HAHAHA.

frequent
April 17th, 2017, 16:14
I think we both know Stephen is no longer with us. Quite fortunately though, I recall a time once when he posted a photo of you in your spat over which Pub had the best smelling plastic over the seats. I seem to recall this enraged you and possibly got The Colonel banned...and I was able to save a copy before jinks took it down. Oh the fun of yesteryear!

I believe Hedda was not that far off the mark, as Donald Trump has now discovered about Area 51.

Surfcrest

Thank God that mystery has been cleared up, Surfcrest. You're forever in my debt (is that what I mean?)

** fountainhall warning: post may include irony **

latintopxxx
April 17th, 2017, 16:43
...arseHole.....no matter what u do know that u r loved....

scottish-guy
April 17th, 2017, 17:16
Any news on the Tarntawan Hotel?

arsenal
April 17th, 2017, 17:42
Yes SDL, I do. Any more trouble from you Scottykins and you're name is top of the list for an evening with Freaky. Currently avoiding getting wet during Songkran by disguising himself as a puddle of piss in Sidney.

scottish-guy
April 17th, 2017, 18:58
That rings a bell!

Is Frequent the SGT member who was found collapsed and piss soaked in a bar toilet many years ago?

And if not, who was it?

latintopxxx
April 17th, 2017, 22:37
...gross.....

arsenal
December 28th, 2018, 15:11
Bump.

gerefan2
December 28th, 2018, 15:15
Funnily enough I was also reading this interesting old thread only the other day!

frequent
December 28th, 2018, 15:41
Funnily enough I was also reading this interesting old thread only the other day! It's always been one of my favourites. By the way were you in Bangkok overnight Thursday cheering on our brave boys or was it just Lance Corporal Arsenal by himself?