PDA

View Full Version : Scotland "could" leave the UK, and join Canada instead ! - So, SG are you up to it !? Fuck a Mountie week and all that !?

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2017, 04:30
As seen on the BBC news site today - Scotland "could" leave the UK, and join Canada instead !

So, SG would you be up for that then ? )

Plenty of Bears and Canadian Mounties to keep you lot busy !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39510351

cdnmatt
April 8th, 2017, 04:59
He actually makes some good points. Hell, my mother's side of the family is from Scotland. Well, until they got deported to the Isle of Man and the "a" taken out of out last name for stealing sheep.

Canada is always rated as one of the best countries by the UN every year. This year, we got #2 I guess. We always seem to be in competition with Finland it seems for standard of living.

And don't forget, Canada has beavers. Lots of beavers. If you need a dam built, they do a hell of a good job.

And moose. We have lots of moose. Watch out for them though, because you don't want to hit one while driving, as they will totally fuck up your car. Many times to the point it's easier just to buy a new car instead of getting yours fixed.

latintopxxx
April 8th, 2017, 09:16
bet the English would be so glad to be rid of that financial millstone...aka scotland....

Nirish guy
April 8th, 2017, 16:05
tick tock tick tock...... :-)

latintopxxx
April 9th, 2017, 03:12
...agree they r the weakest link...good bye....good riddance...and dont forget to take your fucking haggis...

frequent
April 9th, 2017, 05:53
Good riddance. An EU official has already said that Scotland without the rest of the UK is a worse basket case than Greece (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/720541/SNP-Scotland-economy-debt-Sturgeon-Greece-EU-public-spending-deficit), so why would the rest of the EU want them

cdnmatt
April 9th, 2017, 06:23
bBecause Scotland has a lot of oil, that's why.

frequent
April 9th, 2017, 06:46
bBecause Scotland has a lot of oil, that's why.

http://www.scotsman.com/business/companies/energy/how-much-is-north-sea-oil-worth-to-the-scottish-economy-1-4382291

Nirish guy
April 9th, 2017, 19:04
just on that point and purely for discussion and working on the assumption that you're right about the oil thing Matt, so do you think the rest of the UK would just allow Scotland to "divorce" and take "the UK's oil" without them looking for a large chunk of upfront settlement money just like the hurt wife who's out to screw over her husband for more than half the shares in his multi billion pound companies - and all exactly as the EU as trying to now do now to the UK in claiming that they too are entitled to a large pay off from the UK on it's departure ?

Would be an interesting twist and I'm guessing the Scottish rather than debate the point would simply say 'you're getting FUCK ALL now what are you going to do about it" but as we're seeing with Europe it may not always be just as simple and clear cut as all that anymore.

So, SG - assuming that the above is going to happen, just wondering if they'd be any chance that I could get a decent sub directly from you on that deal in advance of said agreements being put into place perhaps ??? :-)

scottish-guy
April 11th, 2017, 00:05
In the event of Scottish independence there is no dispute as to who owns the oil - the matter is governed by international law and the rump UK has no say in it.

Quite simply, the oil that is derived from (what would legally be) Scottish waters, belongs to Scotland 100% - and that amounts to something like 90% of all the oil that is extracted.

We accept of course that the oil price is currently depressed - but it is only the UK mismanagement of that resource which is causing a financial shock. Had the UK had the foresight to set up an oil fund as Norway did (instead of Thatcher seeing it as an opportunity to bankroll huge unemployment) then corrections in the oil price can be easily weathered. The Norwegian oil fund currently stands at £700 billion and the UK's oil contingency funds stand at zero because we spunked every last penny instead of saving anything for a rainy day.

The EU is not demanding money from the UK simply because she is leaving, it is because the UK as part of the EU entered into certain financial commitments and quite simply when you leave the bar at the end of the night you fully expect to have to settle up your bill.

As far as the EU's attitude to Scotland us concerned, in the past week:

The so called "Spanish Veto" has been proved to be a Unionist lie as I said all along.
The"You'll have to join the Euro" Unionist lie has also been debunked
Germany has indicated that Scotland would be welcome as a full member and her entry would be "very speedy".
50 MEPs from assorted countries have signed a motion in favour of Scotland joining.

So things are moving along very nicely.

Yes the oil is a very important asset (largest reserves in the EU and another billion barrel field has just been found) but so is the fishing waters and a multiplicity of other Scottish natural assets.
However, the overriding factor is that the EU recognises that Scotland has spoken and by 62% to 38% the European citizens in Scotland have indicated that they wish to remain so.

Make no mistake, *when* it comes to Indyref2, the EU will not be sitting on the fence or poodling for the UK Govt like last time.

Nirish guy
April 11th, 2017, 04:27
In the event of Scottish independence there is no dispute as to who owns the oil ....... and the rump UK has no say in it...........the oil that is derived from ......Scottish waters, belongs to Scotland 100%

Try telling THAT to the judge - have you seen many women walking out of court empty handed after a divorce when the husband's defence was "but it's mine, it was mine before I married her and I owned it all then and I own it all now" OHHHHH if you think we moaned over the IndyRef just you wait for the moaning about getting our hands on ( our) oil - my god we're going to have you having to pay monthly maintenance cheques just so you keep on exporting and importing ( as we're going to keep the nuclear subs of course so there'll be nothing coming in or our of your ports until you pay up ! The Berlin airlift is going to look like an easyjet service until we get a fair cut of whats ours !!! :-)

scottish-guy
April 11th, 2017, 14:18
You're trying to wind me up!

But really, it's not a matter that is in any way open to dispute - the boundaries are already drawn

Nirish guy
April 11th, 2017, 15:32
You're trying to wind me up!

Damn it, was it THAT obvious, I really must try harder ! lol - but all only in jest mind as it is so funny when you bite to this same topic so often :-) PS we're fuelling up those Nukes as we speak, don't you think that Nicola Sturgeon or Jimmy Krankie are going to save you, that oil's half ours and we have it BACK ! ( or at least a suitable payment in lieu of same will do)

scottish-guy
April 18th, 2017, 17:47
GAME ON!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39629603

There is no way the SNP will not win any General Election in Scotland - in every recent opinion poll SNP had at least double the support of the nearest rival.

Who needs the referendum now we have an opportunity to win a GE in Scotland on a platform of independence!

frequent
April 18th, 2017, 19:21
There is no way the SNP will not win any General Election in Scotland - in every recent opinion poll SNP had at least double the support of the nearest rival.

As Abe Lincoln said (and I'm mindful of Harold Wilson's dictum "a week is a long time in politics") you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

The General Election campaign is only a few weeks long. Nicola Sturgeon ought comfortably to win in a canter given that that fits easily into fooling all of the people "some of the time"

** fountainhall alert: this post may or may not contain satire or/and irony **

scottish-guy
April 18th, 2017, 20:02
How many sets of SCOTTISH/UK/EU/LOCAL elections do you think the SNP have won on vote share out of say the last 10?

When you figure that out you'll very quickly realise that either Abe was wrong (which will no doubt be your new position) or (and I won't hold my breath) accept the reality that the Scottish people know perfectly well what the SNP stand for in these elections - and not only are they not being fooled, they approve of it by an increasingly overwhelming margin.

frequent
April 18th, 2017, 20:57
(which will no doubt be your new position)My position is unchanged - I can't wait to see an independent Scotland, something I've posted on several occasions recently. Go check.

scottish-guy
April 18th, 2017, 23:23
Any fool can see I was referring to your position on the Abraham Lincoln quote - and even though you were the first one available, I'm still surprised you failed to do so.

Having already vilified EU and Non-EU immigrants, the muslims, the disabled, and those on benefits I have no doubt that people like yourself yearn for the day when the allegedly scrounging Scots, Welsh, and N Irish are no longer mighty England's burden and all you'll have to "subsidise" will be what then becomes the "scrounging North" of your own country.

frequent
April 19th, 2017, 08:02
Any fool can seeSurely you mean "Any fule kno"?

Having already vilified EU and Non-EU immigrants, the muslims, the disabled, and those on benefits I have no doubt that people like yourself yearn for the day when the allegedly scrounging Scots, Welsh, and N Irish are no longer mighty England's burden and all you'll have to "subsidise" will be what then becomes the "scrounging North" of your own country.Quite