PDA

View Full Version : Deli Diner

arsenal
March 31st, 2017, 22:03
I'm going to plug this one again. I had dinner there a few times recently. Roast pork with Dauphin potatoes, chicken escalope with mushroom sauce and salmon with dill sauce were all wonderful, The lasagne there is about as good as it gets. Baht for baht this restaurant is a match for any serving western food. What I particularly like is the total generosity that is served on the plate. They also have copies of The Daily Mail so a certain member from north of the border can sit there while eating a wonderful full ENGLISH breakfast and work himself up into a furious rage about,,,well, everything.

Brad the Impala
April 1st, 2017, 05:10
Fuck the food, the Daily Mail is poison, and I wouldn't go anywhere that thinks it's customers might want to read it!

arsenal
April 1st, 2017, 06:10
3 courses for 299 baht. You could just look at the sports pages Brad.

Chuai-Duai
April 1st, 2017, 20:33
Bangkok? Pattaya? Where?

francois
April 2nd, 2017, 00:07
Day-Night Plaza, Pattaya.

Walked by tonight and noticed that lasagna was on the menu and was tempted but kept on walking. Maybe next time.

Chuai-Duai
April 2nd, 2017, 20:17
Thanks. Haven't visited that area for years.

arsenal
April 2nd, 2017, 20:23
Chuai-Duai. It's a bit of a dining destination with about 6/7 nice places to choose from. Food wise DD is a cut above Le Petite Planete and Cuisine au Buerre.

francois
April 3rd, 2017, 00:21
Arsenal, I would say Deli D is a cut below those other establishments. But each to his own.

arsenal
April 3rd, 2017, 04:30
Francois: The Greek salad at DD was far superior to both PP and CaB. I've never seen Gratin Dauphinoise on the menu at the other two but at DD was executed superbly, as was the beetroot soup. And get yourself there for a bowl of Lasagne.

newalaan2
April 3rd, 2017, 04:41
Arsenal, I would say Deli D is a cut below those other establishments. But each to his own.
Well sorry to disagree my good friend 'francois' but having tried both Petite Planet and Deli Diner for Pork Loin/medallions last trip Feb/Mar, I found Deli superior in both taste and portion size, taste being the more important of the two for me. I also got a surprise at Deli Diner's breakfast offering. Not unless there has been as change of ownership.

After days of eating only Thai which I do love, and bf is good cook, I really crave western food. When staying at Mosaik last trip Feb/Mar most days I had a coffee at Deli and one day had a flick through the menu to find English breakfast, it just didn't look like the type of place which could do a decent western breakfast as I only ever saw Thais work there and in my mind no western influence, therefore I expected streaky bacon, frankfurter sausages so when I ordered a breakfast I asked them to ditch the sausages and beans which I never eat, as it looked like there were plenty of other offerings. I think the breakfast may have been as little as 99 baht but maybe 129bt whatever a huge bargain, anyway I received a huge breakfast plate with no beans but they had still served the sausages and to my surprise were nice pork sausages like home with lean back bacon, egg, tomato, potatoes, toast and coffee/juice included, all-in-all it was too much for me but very good.

There were other British dishes on the menu like Cottage Pie etc... and another customer did tell me he thought the owner was actually an Englishman from north/Yorkshire perhaps?...and so the reason for original british breakfast items and those in the main menu. Maybe someone can confirm this.

3 courses for 299 baht. You could just look at the sports pages Brad.
In my opinion who in their right mind travels thousands of miles to Asia surrounded by a different culture to pick up ANY uk newspaper/rag, personally I travel that distance to GET AWAY from all the things which remind me of 'home' 'euroland' 'Britain/Brexit' the exception being EuroBoys bar in Sunee....in name only of course.

I don't bother with 3 courses at the Pattaya eateries as it's way more than I need, I find one course perfectly sufficient. So try looking through the main menu and you'll find Pork Medallions/loin steaks with mash, nice veg and pepper/mushroom sauce and a big portion for Bt129 if I remember correctly, I buy individual rather than 'special' 3 course not really to save money but I rarely eat the sweet, might nibble starter so it's a waste. The individual dishes are very inexpensive and delicious..

arsenal
April 3rd, 2017, 05:45
It's owned by an English guy and his Thai lady partner.

scottish-guy
April 3rd, 2017, 08:29
English?

That explains the Daily Mail aka Der Sturmer

:D

arsenal
April 3rd, 2017, 09:31
Well Scottish it ain't the English running around with a begging bowl. That's your lot in general and the ridiculous Sturgeon in particular. It pains me to see a great nation brought so low.

😭"Och, we cannae survive alone, we'll nay be able tae feed we're bairns. Who's gannae ta care a wee noo?"

✌Worry not. The English will continue look after Scotland.

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2017, 10:28

fountainhall
April 3rd, 2017, 12:27
When your back is bent and you depend on a stick, it's obviously hard to hold the camera at the right angle :eek:

arsenal
April 3rd, 2017, 12:45
Nice one Founty. However I seem to recall MFAS rides a big fucking Harley or something similar often terrorising the coffin dodgers shuffling around Sunee before bed or death.
😅

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2017, 13:54
Actually the pic was not right side up as to seperate it from the Thomas Cook, pics.

fountainhall
April 3rd, 2017, 14:27
Actually the pic was not right side up as to seperate it from the Thomas Cook, pics.
Oh! And which Thomas Cook pics did you post?

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2017, 14:41
Founty what took you so long? Guess you were occupied.

lonelywombat
April 3rd, 2017, 14:42
Chill out Wombie. Have a mince pie.

Just out of interest. Do you receive anything complimentary or do you have any financial interest whatsoever in Yupins. It's just that you post regularly on their behalf but I don't recall you writing about any other restaurant let alone posting their menu. As I said I do quite like your posts on this very popular eaterie.

Seemed to remember this post

arsenal
April 3rd, 2017, 15:04
Wombie: Perhaps you've been on medication for a while. I have made it quite clear I am very well paid for all of my restaurant reviews. My charges are published on this website. Pip pip.
🍷🍷🍷

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2017, 20:55
Went this evening with a friend who is a retired GP with the NHS he rather likes this place, my experience was mixed my mushroom soup was tastless but the lamb shank was spot on. The service is lacking as the only waitress was the rather young daughter of the owner. They got busy 2 customers left as they could no longer wait to be served.

fountainhall
April 4th, 2017, 09:28
A bit pathetic when you have to post sideways to gain attention!

arsenal
April 4th, 2017, 14:58
Fountainhall. Are you going to be like this every time MFAS posts anything?

fountainhall
April 4th, 2017, 15:21
That depends on MFAS! Childish posts tend to attract similarly childish responses!

PS: Funny how he usually posts perfectly normal posts over on gaybuttonthai. Something to do with not being permitted to post in the childish style he uses here :yahoo_mini:

arsenal
April 4th, 2017, 15:23
If you say so.

Manforallseasons
April 4th, 2017, 17:20
Is it worth another visit maybe......there is no shortage of restaurants in the area surrounding Tuck Com.....Deli Diner needs only to shorten its menu and add an add 1 extra staff and it would make a big difference.

FarangRuMak
April 5th, 2017, 01:37
MFAS's caution a bit over the top. Not many 1st timers bring along a GP.

Manforallseasons
April 5th, 2017, 08:44

You can never be too safe!

scottish-guy
April 5th, 2017, 21:29
Too true - so I hope you both wore condoms

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 18:31
No trip to Pattaya would be complete without a generous plug for DD. Grilled chicken salad was simple enough but nicely executed and well presented using quality fresh ingredients. Sea bass with bearnaise sauce is technically tricky to get right. The fish was moist and firm with a golden brown crispy skin. The bearnaise was rich and buttery with a perfect balance of acidity and tarragon. Served with boiled potatoes and fresh vegetables it was classical French cooking of top drawer. Star of the show was the apple crumble. Crunchy crumble and swet apples accompanied by a fresh custard and whipped cream. It tasted as good as it looks. For me, Deli Diner is the most consistent western restaurant in Pattaya continually over delivering on my expectations. Three courses is 299 baht.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 19:11
Location. location location

scottish-guy
November 29th, 2017, 19:24
Anybody familiar with the kind of acronyms to be seen within profiles on gay dating sites can advise Len that he ought to quit abbreviating the name of the restaurant to DD - or at least put an F on the end.

arsenal
November 29th, 2017, 21:43
DD is located next to Tukom.

joe552
November 29th, 2017, 22:10
Front or backside? Sorry Len

Chuai-Duai
November 29th, 2017, 22:12
I like the look of that Apple Crumble. I'll might have to try it. Anything on the menu for a vegetarian?

gerefan2
November 29th, 2017, 23:10
Front or backside? Sorry Len

Just google it Joe. Youll find a map.

pennyboy
November 30th, 2017, 15:37
They used to have really nice starters there like gravlax but the last few times I have been there the starter choice is soup or salad.. I can understand they wish to keep the price at 299bt but I would prefer to pay a little more for a better starter.

arsenal
November 30th, 2017, 15:50
I would agree the starter choice was towards the cheaper end but the main and dessert weren't. This is a restaurant that definitely looks to offer value.

Halfhansum
November 30th, 2017, 18:31
And the Breakfast, at 99 Bt., is the best value in Pattaya that I have found ..
But I do wish they had kept the glass doors to the front, to Air condition the inside ..

gerefan2
November 30th, 2017, 19:58
Thanks for the recommendation arsenal. I just had the Weinerschnizel which was 10 times better than the one at Alt Heidelberg. Good recommendation ....

Blacktouch
January 15th, 2018, 20:31
And the Breakfast, at 99 Bt., is the best value in Pattaya that I have found ..
But I do wish they had kept the glass doors to the front, to Air condition the inside ..

The full English breakfast is now 119b. However, you can get a small English breakfast for the same price of 99b

Blacktouch
January 15th, 2018, 20:50
Yes I can confirm the owner is English with a Thai wife and two children.

arsenal
January 16th, 2018, 08:50
For consistency it's the best western restaurant in Pattaya with interesting dishes rarely seen at other places.

Halfhansum
January 17th, 2018, 02:53
The full English breakfast is now 119b. However, you can get a small English breakfast for the same price of 99b

That may work out better for me, as I struggled to finish the full English ..555

colmx
January 23rd, 2018, 02:47
Thanks for the recommendation arsenal. I just had the Weinerschnizel which was 10 times better than the one at Alt Heidelberg. Good recommendation ....

Have to say I was very disappointed with my Weiner schnitzel at Alt Heidelberg, it was very tasty... but I would easily have eaten twice what they served me!
Guess I should have gone to DD!

On the other hand I did enjoy watching the crowd go by on beach road at Alt Heidelberg

poshglasgow
January 23rd, 2018, 05:19

Particularly as the GP appears - looking at the photograph of the lamb - to have plunged an aortic stent into the centre of the dish!! Charming.

Smiles
January 23rd, 2018, 05:26
Fuck the food, the Daily Mail is poison, and I wouldn't go anywhere that thinks it's customers might want to read it!
Brad, I think the Daily Mail has been banned in Thailand. All I get is this when attempting to read it, on any subject:

http://103.208.24.21/

francois
January 23rd, 2018, 11:06
Particularly as the GP appears - looking at the photograph of the lamb - to have plunged an aortic stent into the centre of the dish!! Charming.

If you are referring to photo in post #22, that is what a lamb shank is supposed to look like.

Brad the Impala
January 23rd, 2018, 14:17
Brad, I think the Daily Mail has been banned in Thailand. All I get is this when attempting to read it, on any subject:

http://103.208.24.21/

If only that would happen in the UK!

aot871
January 23rd, 2018, 18:04
Daily mail banned in Thailand because of comments it made about you know who

Brad the Impala
January 24th, 2018, 01:25
There was some fuss previously, has it not been available since then, or is this a new fuss?

sglad
January 24th, 2018, 01:33
Daily mail banned in Thailand because of comments it made about you know who

Megan Markle?

frequent
January 24th, 2018, 09:57
Daily mail banned in Thailand because of comments it made about you know who"Comments"? Generally perceived as actual (not "fake") news reports