PDA

View Full Version : Gay Thailand has just announced of Richard Burk

lonelywombat
March 29th, 2017, 10:16
http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10917-richard-burk/

I guess there were as many that did not like Richard or his cooking, but for many he will be missed

lonelywombat
March 29th, 2017, 12:34
Had a visitor when I posted the original . cannot edit.

Gaythailand has just announced today the death of Richard Burk

francois
March 29th, 2017, 12:39
gaybuttonthai.com announced Richard's passing on 27 March.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8412

scottish-guy
March 29th, 2017, 12:55
Another one of the characters of Pattaya gone.

Richard seemed a nice enough guy though his habit of talking though almost your entire meal was, shall we say, quirky.

Can hardly think of anybody running a bar or establishment in BT these days who is in any way memorable (or even notorious as some might say)

The guy in Oscars whose name I can't remember at least makes an attempt at conversation and David at Panorama always gives a nod - but otherwise it's basically just a bunch of faceless nonentities with all the personality of a wet lettuce.

gerefan2
April 1st, 2017, 05:35
Thanks for that Scotty...and what do you think of the customers?

scottish-guy
April 1st, 2017, 08:53
Oh dont start me on the customers

:D

I didnt realise you were a bar owner - which one?

francois
April 1st, 2017, 09:41
Another one of the characters of Pattaya gone.

Richard seemed a nice enough guy though his habit of talking though almost your entire meal was, shall we say, quirky.

Can hardly think of anybody running a bar or establishment in BT these days who is in any way memorable (or even notorious as some might say)

The guy in Oscars whose name I can't remember at least makes an attempt at conversation and David at Panorama always gives a nod - but otherwise it's basically just a bunch of faceless nonentities with all the personality of a wet lettuce.

Guess you haven't been to Oud's Bar? Or Yupins? Or Salt and Pepper? Ting-Tong Red? etc

Manforallseasons
April 1st, 2017, 09:42

Memorable:

K.Quill
G.May
J.Lungstrum

Manforallseasons
April 1st, 2017, 09:49
Guess you haven't been to Oud's Bar? Or Yupins? Or Salt and Pepper? Ting-Tong Red? etc

Hardly worth mentioning.......not in the same league as the 3 names above!

francois
April 1st, 2017, 10:21
Scottish-guy was referring to these days, not those days.

MiniMee
April 1st, 2017, 10:35
Of course, we all know why scottishguy can't think of who is running the bars these days. Or why he can't comment on the customers, as gerefan2 asked.

scottish-guy
April 1st, 2017, 11:52
Indeed - because it's been a full 6-7 months since I was in Thailand.

Shocking isn't it? I must try harder!

At the moment I'm in Vietnam - which no doubt Surfy can verify by my ISP for the past few days - where I have a condo and a long-term BF in Saigon. Having said that, we are currently in Dalat.

Please feel free to post many more unfounded insinuations about myself and my movements you stalking, trolling cunt.

bobsaigon2
April 1st, 2017, 11:56
Rather sad how this remembrance of Richard Burk has gone astray.

scottish-guy
April 1st, 2017, 11:58
Indeed, but Mini Mee would start a fight in an empty house.

Those who want to hear more about Richard might head over to GB's board where there is a cornucopia of effusive eulogies all saying how he was a nice guy (which in the very limited interactions I ever had with him, he seemed to be) - but almost to a man very quickly backing out of putting any money towards his funeral expenses.

bobsaigon2
April 1st, 2017, 13:28
Sad to read on GBT about Richard's later life. I guess one lesson to be learned is that it is unwise to expect a business in Thailand to provide for one's retirement. Run a restaurant, go go bar, other business as a hobby, but only if you can afford to lose everything and fall back on other funds.

MiniMee
April 1st, 2017, 13:34
....it's been a full 6-7 months since I was in Thailand.

At the moment I'm in Vietnam......where I have a condo and a long-term BF in Saigon. Having said that, we are currently in Dalat.

None of which provide any reason why you would have familiarity with the current bar owners of Pattaya or their clientele.

scottish-guy
April 1st, 2017, 13:46
Sorry, I don't get it:

Are you alleging that all the bars in Pattaya have changed hands in the last 6-7 months or that the client profile has radically altered?

Or that when I was last there I did not visit any bars?

I suggest you post more clearly or preferably not at all - as it seems you have absolutely nothing to contribute that anybody wants to hear about

scottish-guy
April 1st, 2017, 13:59
.... Run a restaurant, go go bar, other business as a hobby, but only if you can afford to lose everything and fall back on other funds.

Surely there are *some* bar/restaurant owners who make enough to at least pay their living expenses (which would be my goal if I ever ventured into that game) or even some who do very well?

But I agree that, tragically, it appears that Richard is just the latest prominent ex-pat who through misfortune or bad judgement managed to lose the lot.

francois
April 1st, 2017, 15:29
Other Pattaya owners who meet and greet their customers are Allan at Sky Pub and Madame Rita at French Garden. When in Pattaya, the German owner of Diamond Bar, Willie, always is gracious to his customers.

arsenal
April 1st, 2017, 16:00
Michael at The Corner Bar had legendary meet and greet skills.

Manforallseasons
April 1st, 2017, 17:10

Michael was at his best late in the evening when he had many super large glasses of his favorite cheap rose'....he was deffinatley fun.......the 2 ladyboys I suspect ran him and the bar to their short lived good fortune.

arsenal
April 1st, 2017, 21:11
I am absolutely convinced that if Minimee displayed the same charm and bon homie in a bar as he does here he would be a host extraordinaire. But what I wonder should be call his bar?

scottish-guy
April 1st, 2017, 23:45
Fanny & Dick's

and he'd be both of them

FarangRuMak
April 5th, 2017, 01:22
Michael was a gentleman.
He loved his gallon-sized wine glass & his 2 ladyboy staff members (manager/cashier) were attentive and careful about keeping it filled.
Where are Michael and Thomas now?
They ran a great saloon while it lasted.