PDA

View Full Version : British Embassy Bangkok Sold!

Manforallseasons
March 28th, 2017, 15:18
http://pattayatoday.net/news/latest-edition/british-embassy-going-going-gone/

fountainhall
March 28th, 2017, 16:25
I've zero idea why the exclamation mark is in the title! This is close to ancient news ever since the front gardens were sold many years ago. And the Consulate stopped issuing passports years ago!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/1074317/uk-embassy-land-sale-bangkok-land-value-skyrockets

With the Swissotel also now sold, the Bangkok media had news of a mega development in Witayu half a year ago. I expect news takes time to reach Pattaya!!

arsenal
March 28th, 2017, 16:26
Another nail in the coffin of The British Empire.

fountainhall
March 28th, 2017, 18:23
The poor Brits need the money to pay for the residence of their Consul in Hong Kong. Three years ago she took up residence in a 4-bedroom apartment in a Frank Gehry-designed building "Opus Hong Kong" where apartments sold for £35 million at 2013 prices and is said to be the second most expensive piece of real estate in the world. Allegedly rented at that time at £60,000 a month, the Brit's PR people stress the apartment is used for much more than just a residence for the Consul. Apparently she hosted the British and Irish Rugby Lions teams soon after moving in!! I'll bet they didn't stay there, though!

scottish-guy
March 28th, 2017, 18:53
Another nail in the coffin of The British Empire.

Despite what (wannabe) Sir Nigel Farage and his band of Brexiteers would like the world to believe, that particular coffin was buried after 1945 and has long since rotted

arsenal
March 28th, 2017, 19:11
Can't 😀 believe 😁 you 😂 actually 😃 bit 😅 Scottish. 😎

justaguy
March 28th, 2017, 20:33
Despite what (wannabe) Sir Nigel Farage and his band of Brexiteers would like the world to believe, that particular coffin was buried after 1945 and has long since rotted

Didn't Nigel move to France ? I am sure there was something dodgy about the bloke, can't remember exactly what it was :)

scottish-guy
March 29th, 2017, 13:33
Can't �� believe �� you �� actually �� bit �� Scottish. ��

Hey I like to play the game just as much as you do

:D

arsenal
March 29th, 2017, 14:24
nibble nibble. 👍