PDA

View Full Version : got assaulted by boyfriend friends while he was cheering them...

workhardplayhard
March 28th, 2017, 02:35
I am a 29 years old canadian guy that has been living in Thailand for the last 6 years. My boyfriend is a thai 19 years old student. We have been together for about 5 months.

We use from times to times to have small argument but nothing really out of the ordinary. Main of our problems come when we drink with his friends. I feel like he try to impress them and tend to be a bit mean to me but when we are only together we very rarely have problems and we have great times together. I know that inside of him he loves me alot (having been in 2 others relationships before and got cheated twice, i always had that feeling inside that the others 2 werent really into me) but with this guy i do feel that he really love and care for me.

But 2 days ago something happened to me and i just do not know what to do....

Basically the last 2 weeks there was 3 situations in where he was late (one of them situation i had to wait 2 hours...) and i am tired of always waiting for him. So 2 days ago he had a party with his friends and i went to take a taxi to see him (he was too drunk to come to me at a time that we both agreed the day before) so i had to go by myself. Once there i was waiting for him at his house to come pick me up but he showed 30 minutes late with his friend driving and he was obviously drunk. So i confronted him a little bit about that but after that everything was ok.

Then later during the night when the party was stopping, he went away for an hour with a motorcycle and i had no idea where he went. I was worried as i didnt know where i was but i was hanging out with a group of people. Then when he cameback i told him why did he leave like that for an hour and leaving me alone. He got extremely agressive and pushed me. I did not reacted the way i should of ill admit it because i pushed him back and i told him to calm down. Then all break lose: his friend tried to throw a bottle on top of my head but i dodged it. Then his friend rushed me but having experience in Muai Thai and boxing i kind of brushed him off quite easily and threw him down. After that all his friends jumped me (at least 10 people) and throwed bottles on me and were kicking me.

I wasnt badly injured or anything as i was protected myself well (especially my head). But then i saw something that really hurted me inside. All that time i thought my boyfriend would tell them to stop and protect me but instead he was shouting for them to beat me up. They beat me up for around 5 minutes but then some people that i had chatted with and had good times with helped me and told them to stop. Then afterwards i do not know if i had a concussion (i do not think so as i feel fine now beside some few minors pain) i started vomiting and felt vertigo. My bf was screaming at me and punching me in the chest.

He was really drunk. He drank whisky and i never saw him drunk like. The next morning he obviously was regretting everything and he begged me to apologize him and he told me that it wasnt himself and that he did not even know what he was doing.

I really do not know what to do anymore. One thing for sure i do not want to go see his friends that jumped me ever again. I am also afraid from now on to go see his friends with him if we drink because i am scared that he might tell them to attack me again.

But when he doesnt drink (at least whisky because he never acted like this on beers) he is a wonderful person. I know he care for me deeply but i have hard times forgetting what happened.

Should i leave him? Should i stay with him but tell him to stop drinking?

What should i do i need advices....

Thanks you,

Matt

arsenal
March 28th, 2017, 02:52
I think you should leave him and go back to Canada, if only for the sake of your grammar, plurals and syntax.

workhardplayhard
March 28th, 2017, 03:02
English isn't my first language.
Thanks you for your contribution to this post :)

justaguy
March 28th, 2017, 03:33
Very sorry to hear about your ordeal. If I were you, I would ditch him, no questions asked. What he did is not an act of someone who loves you, and that is really all you need to know.

cdnmatt
March 28th, 2017, 04:27
Leave him, and find a BF who doesn't drink.

justaguy
March 28th, 2017, 04:37
Leave him, and find a BF who doesn't drink.

Actually there is nothing wrong with a boyfriend who drinks, there is something wrong with a boyfriend who drinks and gets aggressive due to drinking.

BOY69
March 28th, 2017, 04:43
unfortunately every time I met a nice Thai boy everything was fine till his freinds and familiy start to interfere and then the lovely boy became aggressive, demanding and rude ,always the same story. The sad thing is that typical Thai boy will always prefer his freinds and family over falang friend even if their relationship is serious.
From what you are describing here you have a rude an arrogant young boyfriend with alcoholism problem and a bad influence from his shady and violent freinds.

After this violent incident instead of you I would leave him immediately with no regrets. You seems like a very honest and good person you deserve better companionship than this sleazy boy.

Be strong !

goji
March 28th, 2017, 05:12
Leave him. Don't even think about any other outcome.

Incidentally, you haven't mentioned his grovelling apology and his concern over you after this. Has he not even stepped up to that plate ?

Mancs
March 28th, 2017, 06:29
Leave him, now.

homeseeker
March 28th, 2017, 07:47
If my b/f ever assaulted me or attempted to, then, unless I had provoked him badly, it would certainly end our relationship.
What aggravates the OP's situation is that there was a concerted joint enterprise with 'friends' of the so called boyfriend to partake and do harm.
Does not the OP realize that in reality not only does his b/f hate him but he has communicated his hate to his friends?!

AsDaRa
March 28th, 2017, 09:40
I think when drunk your true self shows. I think it is unlikely a drunk person would tell others to attack you if he truly loved you, cared for you. Even the fact he was able to tell others to attack also says something about him. Most drunk people are not violent, they are just a nuisance. Many many get drunk each weekend and almost none is involved in violence. So your boyfriend is a bad human being. There is evil inside him.

But in your case I understand you truly believed he loved you. You are only a few years older. If you had been 40+ I would say you are a fool to believe a 19 year old Thai boy truly loves you.

Let me guess: you are an a English teacher in Thailand?

fountainhall
March 28th, 2017, 10:20
Peer groups and peer pressure are pretty strong in Thailand. So being made to feel good amongst his peers is important to many Thais, especially young ones. And let's face it, 19 is still pretty young and he will almost certainly be more tied to his peers/friends than to you. So take the advice given by others here. Ditch him right now. Violence has a nasty habit of repeating itself. You don't need that in your life.

latintopxxx
March 28th, 2017, 10:29
..me thinks this is a troll....if hes canadian and not English speaking that leaves french....(yes I know they have heaps of other immigrants too) ...and this does not read like a frog writing english...very fishy.
Anyway reinforces my attitude...use him..pay him..and move onto fresh meat...if u fuck em twice they start behaving like a boyfriend...three times and u r practically married?!

Manforallseasons
March 28th, 2017, 10:33
Matt sounds like your relationship is important to you, be thankful your boyfriend prefers alcohol to Ya Ba.....sometimes its best to "turn a blined eye" to the occasional indescrection.

bobsaigon2
March 28th, 2017, 10:46
The occasional indiscretion? WTF is wrong with you? One more of those "occasional indiscretions" and this Matt may wind up as blind as the other Matt.

Manforallseasons
March 28th, 2017, 10:53
It is a MATTer of how important the realationship is.......and Matt should not hang out with the the boy's friends.

justaguy
March 28th, 2017, 11:52
It is a MATTer of how important the realationship is.......and Matt should not hang out with the the boy's friends.

I hang out with my boyfriend's friends and vice versa. None of those friends, or mine proceed to hitting on me or my boyfriend, let alone ten to one.

That relationship should now be over, how could the OP ever trust his boyfriend again ?

Smiles
March 28th, 2017, 13:31
I know that there has been a recent thread regarding some members accusing others of trollifying, but my god guys this opening post has the "T" word splashed all over it. In vibrant red.
The opening post is pure wind-up. Who believes this bullshit? Even Latinpoxx calls it right ... and he's Sawatdee's master go-to for those who drink at the Wind-Up Saloon. :D

Manforallseasons
March 28th, 2017, 14:34
I know that there has been a recent thread regarding some members accusing others of trollifying, but my god guys this opening post has the "T" word splashed all over it.

Hmmm, you think?

latintopxxx
March 28th, 2017, 15:39
man for all....fools...

workhardplayhard
March 28th, 2017, 19:49
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I used to post her back in 2013 under the name of 'sweetlover88'. If some people think that I am trolling well I guess i can take pictures of my bruises. I do not see the point of trolling about a matter pike this on the internet.

I am not an English teacher but I have been here for nearly 6 Years. Usually I wouldn't think twice and wouldn't even make a post like that if it happened with someone that shows violent behavior more than on one ocassion but in that case the reason why I posted and asked for advices was because he honestly never did anything like that during our 7 months or so relationship. But that night he drank bucket with friends (hong tong + coke + Sam som) and the look he had while shouting at me was like pure evil drunkness. It really took me off guard because prior to that incident he never did that (and we did got drunk together bunch of times but never on whisky).

Anyway thanks for everyone advice's I went back now to home in Bangkok. He keep messaging me and making Instagram/Facebook post. I guess just blocking him should be my next move...

It is funny how I can be strong and resilient when it come to sports & muai Thai but how weak I am when it comes to love... :/

workhardplayhard
March 28th, 2017, 19:52
By the way, why am I even getting called a troll? I do not get it. Is it based on the fact that I do not have a good English or what?

justaguy
March 28th, 2017, 20:21
By the way, why am I even getting called a troll? I do not get it. Is it based on the fact that I do not have a good English or what?

Welcome to the club. It's just that you posted a thread that reels in replies, so some people automatically assume the story is so far fetched it has to be a troll. I got accused (by the same person I might add) of being a troll as well, even though the story I posted was 100% true.

I guess the grumpy old farts on here get wind up easily :)

Having said that, in this case I think you should have made up your own mind, violence like this is never ever a good sign, and if I were you a block is indeed in order, hopefully he doesn't have a key to your place, otherwise get that one back first

BOY69
March 28th, 2017, 20:41
Hi workhardplayhard

You made the correct decision! be strong , continue with your life as nothing happened and don't look back.such a behaviour from your thai boyfriend is unforgivable.

lego
March 29th, 2017, 00:09
Maybe it's just hard to believe that anyone could be that dumb? I'm not convinced either, but if you're genuine, it's really a no brainer: Don't walk away. Run!

Surfcrest
March 29th, 2017, 00:17
I used to post her back in 2013 under the name of 'sweetlover88'. If some people think that I am trolling well I guess i can take pictures of my bruises. I do not see the point of trolling about a matter pike this on the internet.

I remember you well. I can reconnect you to sweetlover88, if you'd like. At least you weren't accused of being Beachlover, or Kommie.

Surfcrest

stkyricesf
March 29th, 2017, 02:17
There are always two sides to a story. There has to be more to the story for him to cheer on his friends. As to your question, I believe the relationship is over. Move on.

Steve1903
March 29th, 2017, 02:21

In essence because your post is a very dramatic one and as you have not got much of a previous history of posting before this then it does make regulars skeptical. Certainly as I started to read my first thought was to look at the number of posts made. That aside, assuming it's a true story then you obviously leave the guy.
PS
He doesn't love you. His actions tell you that.

goji
March 29th, 2017, 02:31
A surprisingly popular name in Canada ?

(Think I shall go & read something else)

justaguy
March 29th, 2017, 03:49
In essence because your post is a very dramatic one and as you have not got much of a previous history of posting before this then it does make regulars skeptical. Certainly as I started to read my first thought was to look at the number of posts made. That aside, assuming it's a true story then you obviously leave the guy.
PS
He doesn't love you. His actions tell you that.

That to me implies people (at the very least you) seem to believe that novice posters have a greater chance to be a troll. Has it ever occured that people might sign up and then post stories such as this ?

In other threads it was mentioned that precious few newbie posters appear, with such an attitude towards newbie posters, I find that not really a big surprise.

colmx
March 29th, 2017, 05:27
Anyway thanks for everyone advice's I went back now to home in Bangkok. He keep messaging me and making Instagram/Facebook post. I guess just blocking him should be my next move...

I suggest against blocking him on FB/IG, there is nothing more likely to infuriate him than that... especially if he's as volatile as he seems
Instead put him on moderated mode, that way he can't see your posts, but doesn't know you are effectively blocking him

Nirish guy
March 29th, 2017, 05:39
I am a 29 years old canadian guy that has been living in Thailand for the last 6 years..........

I did not reacted the way i should of ill admit it because i pushed him back ........his friend ..... i kind of brushed him off quite easily and threw him down.

After that all his friends jumped me (at least 10 people) and throwed bottles on me and were kicking me.

So, you live in Thailand for 6 years you say and yet you seem to be surprised that you admit you assaulted your BF in front of other Thai's and then assaulted another Thai who jumped up to help him - all in front of those other same Thai's and yet strangely you say you're somehow surprised that then proceeded to beat the shit out of you - hmmm and you claim to be surprised by that fact ?

So, six years you're living there you say eh......hmmmm "okay" if you say so, you mustn't have met many Thai's or experienced their behaviour if a farang starts beating up on a Thai or heard much about the whole face thing either then much I guess too in that time I guess.... oh well, you certainly know now eh.

Yraen
March 29th, 2017, 09:53
I think you should leave him and go back to Canada, if only for the sake of your grammar, plurals and syntax.

Hear. hear !

While reading WHPH's opening statement, I thought that he is more likely to be S E Asean rather than Canadian. While the US tries to intimidate Canada over language and other things, I respect Candians for not following the USian dialect and for using standard English - they even spell 'Z' as Zed, not Zee. :)

WHPH's story did not meet many of these parameters.

workhardplayhard
March 29th, 2017, 10:31
So, you live in Thailand for 6 years you say and yet you seem to be surprised that you admit you assaulted your BF in front of other Thai's and then assaulted another Thai who jumped up to help him - all in front of those other same Thai's and yet strangely you say you're somehow surprised that then proceeded to beat the shit out of you - hmmm and you claim to be surprised by that fact ?

So, six years you're living there you say eh......hmmmm "okay" if you say so, you mustn't have met many Thai's or experienced their behaviour if a farang starts beating up on a Thai or heard much about the whole face thing either then much I guess too in that time I guess.... oh well, you certainly know now eh.

I never said i assaulted him... i did push him back (i wouldnt even call this a push but more like i took the hand that he was trying to push/hit me with and push it away) and tried to calm him down with words. I know about the whole face thing and as i said before i would never hit or touch anyone especially not my own boyfriend. 1st well because indeed the whole face thing is a huge thing here in Thailand but also when i started doing martial art years ago the first thing we learned is to never put our hands on someone out of the gym. The whole budddhism concept is based on the understanding of respect and it is something that i take seriously.

They havent beat the shit out of me but they did jump me. I am quite lucky that none of them knew how to threw a punch or a kick properly or else indeed it could of been worst. As i said above the thing that hurted me the most werent the kicks or the punchs or the bottles that i have received but more the look on my boyfriend (ex should i say) face when he was telling them to keep going on. I am not surprised that they were 10 on me, it is a typical thing in Thailand. It is a well known documented fact that they cannot fight or do a 1v1 fairly. It wasnt even in my intention to fight that night.

I was not even suppose to be there. For those that know the north side of the country, I was actually in downtown Chiang Mai and my boyfriend was suppose to join me there at 10;00pm. He then proceed to tell me at 10:00pm that he could not come because his mother would not let him. So then i asked him if he would like for me to go there (He lives in Doi Saket around 15-20km from downtown) and he said yes. In my mind i just thought it would make him happy if i go there. But then once there, i realized (i least, i strongly suspected) that his mother story was bullshit and he did not come because he was too drunk and was having fun with his friends.

Maybe it's just hard to believe that anyone could be that dumb? I'm not convinced either, but if you're genuine, it's really a no brainer: Don't walk away. Run!

Indeed it might sound dumb asking that. The reason why i posted and was asking was because that night i could see he really was not himself. The look in his face and the way he handled himself, he was just so different from the person i was with for the last 7 months. It is crazy what whisky or any other kind of liquors can do to someone.

I remember you well. I can reconnect you to sweetlover88, if you'd like. At least you weren't accused of being Beachlover, or Kommie.

Surfcrest

Thanks you. If you could it would be appreciated. I am not posting or responding alot but i do read articles/forum posts on a weekly basis. (one of the reason is because i know i have a poor english)

There are always two sides to a story. There has to be more to the story for him to cheer on his friends. As to your question, I believe the relationship is over. Move on.

Alot of alcohol.

I suggest against blocking him on FB/IG, there is nothing more likely to infuriate him than that... especially if he's as volatile as he seems
Instead put him on moderated mode, that way he can't see your posts, but doesn't know you are effectively blocking him

It might but i live in Salaya (near Bangkok) and he is in Chiang Mai (Doi Saket). Around 360 miles away. I have to admit it is still difficult to not take a look at his social medias from time to time which is why i was suggesting that. Maybe a trip to Pattaya could do the trick? lol

I think when drunk your true self shows. I think it is unlikely a drunk person would tell others to attack you if he truly loved you, cared for you. Even the fact he was able to tell others to attack also says something about him. Most drunk people are not violent, they are just a nuisance. Many many get drunk each weekend and almost none is involved in violence. So your boyfriend is a bad human being. There is evil inside him.

But in your case I understand you truly believed he loved you. You are only a few years older. If you had been 40+ I would say you are a fool to believe a 19 year old Thai boy truly loves you.

Let me guess: you are an a English teacher in Thailand?

Thanks for your post. I used to teach when i first came here in 2010-2011. I absolutely enjoyed it and had great times but unfortunately the salary did not meet what i was aiming for. For the past 3 years i am working online. To be honest (i might receive some criticism but it is justified) it did happened before when i was looking at, lets say, a 18 years old boy with a 60 years old man and was telling myself: Wow does he really think the boy really loves him?. Now i understand that it is not necessarly an age thing (even though i guess it play a part) but more like a farang/thai money thing.

Anyway thanks for those that gave me helpful advices. As for those that call me a fool well you can think what you want it is not like you know me. I think we all make mistakes and this definitly was one. If i was a fool i would not be here making a living and providing myself for almost the last 6 years. So let me guess, you guys never made a mistake in your life and are perfect creatures in this living world, right?

fountainhall
March 29th, 2017, 11:36
when i started doing martial art years ago the first thing we learned is to never put our hands on someone out of the gym . . . They havent beat the shit out of me but they did jump me. I am quite lucky that none of them knew how to threw a punch or a kick properly or else indeed it could of been worst. As i said above the thing that hurted me the most werent the kicks or the punchs or the bottles that i have received but more the look on my boyfriend (ex should i say) face when he was telling them to keep going on. I am not surprised that they were 10 on me, it is a typical thing in Thailand
So even though you know not to raise your arm to a Thai and even being a martial arts exponent, you are still able to beat off 10 guys (really? 10 angry Thai guys?) out to attack you despite kicks, punches and bottles being thrown! Wow! Well done! You should go and be a stuntman in Hollywood or the famous Shaw Studios in Kuala Lumpur founded by the famous Run Me Shaw (the brother of Sir Run Run Shaw). You’d earn a vast amount more than living in Thailand. LOL

He lives in Doi Saket around 15-20km from downtown
He’s been your boyfriend for 7 months and you are not aware that the fastest route to Doi Saket is actually 28 kms away. Quite a difference! But whilst on this point –

i live in Salaya (near Bangkok) and he is in Chiang Mai (Doi Saket). Around 360 miles away
Now this I do find odd. How do you measure distance – in miles or kms? I know in Canada it is not uncommon to use kms for distance but also often mpg when filling the tank. But Canadians I know are always consistent – distance as on road signs are in kms. How come you you use both measurements for distance?

I used to teach when i first came here in 2010-2011. I absolutely enjoyed it and had great times but unfortunately the salary did not meet what i was aiming for
Curious. What did you teach at age 22 or 23? Because your written English is not good as you yourself have pointed out -

i know i have a poor English
Very few very young farang here teach anything other than English.

It is crazy what whisky or any other kind of liquors can do to someone
Odd I have never seen Thais drink anything other than beer or whiskey. Obviously I do not look closely enough to see the other liquors.

I have not commented up to now because on another board I once called someone a troll who turned out not to be, and once on this forum held back from a similar call - but he then turned out to be a troll. One point about trolls, in my experience, is the massive amount of detail they throw into seemingly innocuous posts. Sglad was just the latest – and he was found out because despite the detail it was all fiction and he could not come up with facts when pressed. And you, workhardplayhard, certainly appear to live up to that standard!

As suggested earlier, give up! (the boyfriend, that is :yahoo_mini:)

BOY69
March 29th, 2017, 11:39
You didn't make any mistake, Unfortunately shit happened sometimes in life and you made the right decision by stopping the relationship with this boy.
I am curious to know : did the boy had a job ? Did you support him/his family financially? Did the boy share with you the daily costs or you have had to pay for everything?

By the way don't be offended by those members that called you a troll or think that your story is a fake they're just disgruntled persons that nobody will go with them unless they are paying them for the sex.miserable ,cynical and lonely persons that geulous you for beeing young, loyal and nice person.
Be strong and move on with your life .

fountainhall
March 29th, 2017, 11:47
they're just disgruntled persons that nobody will go with them unless they are paying them for the sex.miserable ,cynical and lonely persons that geulous you for beeing young, loyal and nice person.
What an idiotic comment! I don't pay for sex, I am in no senses other than happy, I have friends in several parts of Asia and the rest of the world, I travel far more and far more often to far more exciting places than I am absolutely certain you do. I accept, though, I can sometimes be cynical. As for you, you are entitled to your opinions. But do not morph your own bitter and twisted views on to others! After all, didn't you write earlier -

unfortunately every time I met a nice Thai boy everything was fine till his freinds and familiy start to interfere and then the lovely boy became aggressive, demanding and rude ,always the same story. The sad thing is that typical Thai boy will always prefer his freinds and family over falang friend even if their relationship is serious.
And for your information, that last sentence is not true - if the love is true and both parties really care about each other!

francois
March 29th, 2017, 12:35
While the US tries to intimidate Canada over language and other things, I respect Candians for not following the USian dialect and for using standard English - they even spell 'Z' as Zed, not Zee. :)

Canadians pronounce Z as Zed, they spell it the same as anyone using the English alphabet.

justaguy
March 29th, 2017, 13:03
What an idiotic comment! I don't pay for sex, I am in no senses other than happy, I have friends in several parts of Asia and the rest of the world, I travel far more and far more often to far more exciting places than I am absolutely certain you do. I accept, though, I can sometimes be cynical. As for you, you are entitled to your opinions. But do not morph your own bitter and twisted views on to others! After all, didn't you write earlier -

And for your information, that last sentence is not true - if the love is true and both parties really care about each other!

Yep, agreed, see a lot of Thai bashing on here. Must be a certain point of reference. Just joking of course.

Surfcrest
March 29th, 2017, 13:23
Now this I do find odd. How do you measure distance – in miles or kms? I know in Canada it is not uncommon to use kms for distance but also often mpg when filling the tank. But Canadians I know are always consistent – distance as on road signs are in kms. How come you you use both measurements for distance?

Well...us Canadians are a quirky bunch. We've had the metric system for so long, I barely remember our old imperial ways. Any yet, when I'm at the deli I'm buying a pound of this and a half pound of that. I have no idea what 100 grams looks like, even though that's one of the signs under the counter. When I drive, I make sure I'm not going over 100 km / hour, but when I'm driving somewhere I estimate the distance in miles. Maybe it's because the imperial system is etched in my upbringing, or maybe it's because imperial unit sizes make more sense to humans? Or...maybe we Canadians are just a quirky bunch...lol

Surfcrest

BonTong
March 29th, 2017, 13:24
he went away for an hour with a motorcycle and i had no idea where he went. I was worried as i didnt know where i was but i was hanging out with a group of people. Then when he cameback i told him why did he leave like that for an hour and leaving me alone. He got extremely agressive and pushed me.
I've seen exactly this kind of behaviour around Chiang Mai before. Sounds like he went off to get high on Yaa Baa, then came back with a transformed personality. Sadly, its not that uncommon.

scottish-guy
March 29th, 2017, 13:28
Exactly what I was thinking Bon Tong - the whole story suggests drug use rather than booze alone.

fountainhall
March 29th, 2017, 14:05
When I drive, I make sure I'm not going over 100 km / hour, but when I'm driving somewhere I estimate the distance in miles. Maybe it's because the imperial system is etched in my upbringing, or maybe it's because imperial unit sizes make more sense to humans? Or...maybe we Canadians are just a quirky bunch...lol

Surfcrest
I imagine you will be of a "certain age" (younger than I, no question) but those Canadians at school before 1975 will certainly have the imperial unit etched in their minds since that is what they were brought up with. A 26 year old will have been brought up with the metric system. Quirkiness aside, as you point out it is 99.99% likely that you will always measure distances in one unit - whatever the distance. So being "15-20 kms from downtown" doesn't fit with another place being "360 miles away"! Or is there another quirky Canadian habit that hasn't yet been brought up?

workhardplayhard
March 29th, 2017, 14:21
So even though you know not to raise your arm to a Thai and even being a martial arts exponent, you are still able to beat off 10 guys (really? 10 angry Thai guys?) out to attack you despite kicks, punches and bottles being thrown! Wow! Well done! You should go and be a stuntman in Hollywood or the famous Shaw Studios in Kuala Lumpur founded by the famous Run Me Shaw (the brother of Sir Run Run Shaw). You’d earn a vast amount more than living in Thailand. LOL

He’s been your boyfriend for 7 months and you are not aware that the fastest route to Doi Saket is actually 28 kms away. Quite a difference! But whilst on this point –

Curious. What did you teach at age 22 or 23? Because your written English is not good as you yourself have pointed out -

Odd I have never seen Thais drink anything other than beer or whiskey. Obviously I do not look closely enough to see the other liquors.

I have not commented up to now because on another board I once called someone a troll who turned out not to be, and once on this forum held back from a similar call - but he then turned out to be a troll. One point about trolls, in my experience, is the massive amount of detail they throw into seemingly innocuous posts. Sglad was just the latest – and he was found out because despite the detail it was all fiction and he could not come up with facts when pressed. And you, workhardplayhard, certainly appear to live up to that standard!

As suggested earlier, give up! (the boyfriend, that is :yahoo_mini:)

The problem with people like you is you do not listen to try to understand, you listen to reply and try to start an argument when there is nothing to argue about. You seems like a person that want to sounds smart and try to prove a point for no reason. Let me try to explain to you and make it clearer so hopefully you understand.

I thought it was pretty obvious that when i said that i would not raise my arm i was refering to my boyfriend and not his friends. It is common sense that one person (with or without fighting experience) cannot beat 10 people in a fight. I cannot believe that you would be that stupid to believe that i was pretending that i could of beat 10 persons so i guess ill just ignore what you said there because it would be a waste of time to elaborate further about that silly comment.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The fastest way to Doi Saket is not 28km at all. 28km would be from a place like Doi Suthep to Doi Saket. Central Festival is actually 15km from Doi Saket. Your calculation of 28km is greatly exagerated and i shows me that you do not really know what you are talking about. 28km woulnt be the fastest way but actually the slowest.

I went on www.google.com and i typed: Nakhon Pathom to Chiang Mai distance and got the result in miles so i copy/pasted it in miles (i admit i was too lazy to convert it in km). Yes canadians we do use kms. What is so odd about that?

There is plenty of places all over Thailand that teaches French, German, Spanish, etc. I think you havent been out in a while. Obviously, there is way more people that teach english than others languages. But to assume that <Very Few Very Young> farangs teach anything other than english is not correct and it is an assumption that you just made up. Try to take a visit at KKU, CMU, or any big universities all over the countrys or even in some high schools. You know we arent living in the 80s anymore, right? By the way, i was teaching french, not english.

As suggested earlier, give up! (the boyfriend, that is)

Did i even suggested that they were drinking something others than beers or whiskey? I said that during that night they were drinking whisky but on other occasions me and my bf have been drinking only beer. Indeed you seems like someone that like to judge others without really knowing them. For whatever reasons you seems to have a big interest in trying to profile people and play the detective role. I highly suggest you to take some air outside.

LOL. So you tell him to not morph his own bitter and twisted views on others but this is exactly what you are doing to me. Do what i say not what i do is a quote that define you well.

Anyway i was looking for advices here, not to argue with someone that has nothing better to do in his life. And by the way, i already said i can post pictures of my bruises and i am even considering going to Pattaya next week so we can meet for a drink if that could validate the doubt you have! lol gtfo.

Thanks for everyone that have been helpful.

Oliver
March 29th, 2017, 14:33
I've said it before but no one listened- the story of my life- and so I'll say it again. No one should accuse another poster of being a troll on the basis of one post. The civilised way in which to handle the situation, if you suspect that a new poster is indeed a troll, is to ignore the post.
In this particular case, a guy, obviously distressed and much younger than most of us, has asked for advice. Even the most self-confident of troll-hunters must surely accept that there is a possibility that it is a genuine cry for help. One chance in ten would, in my estimation, be enough to take the post seriously.... or ignore it. Life is too short to get our knickers in a twist over whether a particular post is genuine or not.

Accordingly, myadvice- as many others have suggested- is to end the relationship.

latintopxxx
March 29th, 2017, 15:17
oh Lord...the Thai boyfriend must be a bloody good lay ...must fuck him so hard it loosens his tooth fillings if he is still contemplating hooking back up with him after his betrayal...

fountainhall
March 29th, 2017, 16:42
No one should accuse another poster of being a troll on the basis of one post.
I quite agree - but that is certainly not what I did? I waited for almost 40 posts before raising doubts here. Remember sglad? Several posters all but outed him within the first half dozen posts. But he was eventually fooled into outing himself. That thread by a new poster (a troll and hydra) was titled “Hey there!” and ran for more than 35 posts during which time he was defended by me(!). It was on another thread that I laid a trap and he was forced to out himself. As a result he was banned by Surfcrest! And ironically, the poster loke even went as far as to say this –

Another new poster scared away from miserable old queens.
- but that post was actually made was on March 11 - 20 full days after sglad had been banned!! sglad was permitted to roam the Board all that time becoming increasingly rude and unbelievable.

Now let’s look at workhinghard’s comments (odd how with every one he posts he becomes more and more like sglad or his alter ego sugargrandpa!)

Workhardplayhard: it is, I suggest, you who should look carefully at what you said before commenting on what others write.

you listen to reply and try to start an argument
What utter nonsense - and you know it! My only other comment on this particular thread was this in Post #12 –

. . . take the advice given by others here. Ditch him right now. Violence has a nasty habit of repeating itself. You don't need that in your life.
Initially I was on the side of others providing you with what I believed sensible advice. So who was starting an argument?? Certainly not me!

Now let's look at your fight about which you made so much in your first post. Now you say this -

I thought it was pretty obvious that when i said that i would not raise my arm i was refering to my boyfriend and not his friends. It is common sense that one person (with or without fighting experience) cannot beat 10 people in a fight. I cannot believe that you would be that stupid to believe that i was pretending that i could of beat 10 persons so i guess ill just ignore what you said there because it would be a waste of time to elaborate further about that silly comment
Ah, but I did not make up the fight nor the 10 guys. Let's remind ourselves what in fact you did say –

He got extremely agressive and pushed me. I did not reacted the way i should of ill admit it because i pushed him back and i told him to calm down. Then all break lose: his friend tried to throw a bottle on top of my head but i dodged it. Then his friend rushed me but having experience in Muai Thai and boxing i kind of brushed him off quite easily and threw him down. After that all his friends jumped me (at least 10 people) and throwed bottles on me and were kicking me.

I wasnt badly injured or anything as i was protected myself well (especially my head). But then i saw something that really hurted me inside. All that time i thought my boyfriend would tell them to stop and protect me but instead he was shouting for them to beat me up. They beat me up for around 5 minutes but then some people that i had chatted with and had good times with helped me and told them to stop.
So what was it workhardplayhard? Were there in fact 10 people (or perhaps there were more because you say "at least") who beat you up for all of 5 minutes (really? 5 minutes - that's a helluva long time) but AMAZINGLY you weren’t even injured and protected yourself well – as YOU SAID in Post #1 – or there weren’t in fact 10 people and you didn’t beat them? You claim this is a "silly comment". But using your own words, the “silly” comments are only yours!

So what about the distance between Chiang Mai and Doi Saket, You say this -

You have no idea what you are talking about. The fastest way to Doi Saket is not 28km at all. 28km would be from a place like Doi Suthep to Doi Saket.
But note you also say later -

I went on www.google.com (http://www.google.com/) and i typed: Nakhon Pathom to Chiang Mai

Well, guess what. I beat you to it and found out from google the actual shortest distance between Chiang Mai and Doi Saket. And guess what google comes up with?

41 min (27.9 km) via Route 121 and Route 1014
40 min (32.5 km) via ถนน สมโภชเชียงใหม่ 700 ปี and Route 118
54 min (34.6 km) via Route 11 and Route 118
So who does not know what he is talking about? I notice you just slipped in to your last post "Central Festival". But that is far from "downtown" Chiang Mai as you earlier stated and it is far closer to Doi Saket! How about your claim that this would be the distance between Doi Suthep and Doi Sakhet. Want to know the google distance for that trip? 34.7 kms. So, once again, who has been talking bullshit?

Anyway i was looking for advices here, not to argue with someone that has nothing better to do in his life
So now you trot out the tedious old refrain used by everyone who leads a boring existence. I have said on other threads that I lead an exciting and extremely enjoyable life. I’ll take you on any time so that other posters can make up their own minds.

As for all the other inaccuracies in your post, however, I’m not going to waste my time. Just be careful when you write because there is clearly a danger you'll fall over your own feet!

Manforallseasons
March 29th, 2017, 17:09
" I lead an exciting and extremely enjoyable life"(Quote: fountainhall)....I see....Thats why you posted the above time consuming anal retentive disection above, Lol

fountainhall
March 29th, 2017, 17:31
" I lead an exciting and extremely enjoyable life"(Quote: fountainhall)....I see....Thats why you posted the above time consuming anal retentive disection above, Lol
A typically stupid and childish remark from a poster whose boring one-liners are legendary (except on gaybuttonthai where he has no choice but to be positive)! :yahoo_mini: :yahoo_mini:

And let's remember you're another of the get a life brigade -

tell you to get a life
What a joke!

paperboy
March 29th, 2017, 17:39
after many years on this board and reading many post and posting only a few myself, i 100% think and convinced fountainhall must be the arse hole of the year.
You want to get yourself a life and go out a bit more. Or are you that old your housebound

fountainhall
March 29th, 2017, 17:45
You want to get yourself a life
Another of those incredibly boring old posters whose only contribution is the incredibly boring suggestion that others get a life. I'm just so glad my life is nothing like the lives of these old retired posters who make such pathetically childish comments! Interesting that all of 16 other members actually like your posts, paperboy! OMG! Just 16? Great contributions you make, obviously!! And be careful. MFAS is beating you to the 100 mark!

Time for a rethink, maybe?

justaguy
March 29th, 2017, 19:47
555 this one quickly went the way of the dodo :D

Continue, highly amusing.

Steve1903
March 30th, 2017, 04:29
That to me implies people (at the very least you) seem to believe that novice posters have a greater chance to be a troll. Has it ever occured that people might sign up and then post stories such as this ?

In other threads it was mentioned that precious few newbie posters appear, with such an attitude towards newbie posters, I find that not really a big surprise.

The reason I say this is simple. I was formerly thought of as a troll when I first started posting on these forums. It just happened thst early into my visit to LOS I got robbed yada yada yada. This'd be one of the reasons that I don't jump to conclusions myself but I do understand when others take a step back. Generally speaking, most newbies do begin with...."great to get such a wealth of info"......where's best for this, what do I pay for that etc.

paperboy
March 30th, 2017, 06:24
after many years on this board and reading many post and posting only a few myself, i 100% think and convinced fountainhall must be the arse hole of the year.
You want to get yourself a life and go out a bit more. Or are you that old your housebound

Just proves my point
6 minutes later he respònds
:D
you need to switch off
and get out of your sad bubble
fountainhall, there is a world outside your computer hahahahahahahhahahah
ps YOUR STILL AN ARSE HOLE:clapping:

fountainhall
March 30th, 2017, 09:15

Just proves my point
you need to switch off
and get out of your sad bubble
fountainhall, there is a world outside your computer hahahahahahahhahahah
You clearly are like poor Matt - blind! And you clearly don't read many of the posts here. Unlike you, I run a region-wide business based in Hong Kong and have just come back from a 10-day business trip to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. And with close to 8 million kms travelled during my career, it really does seem to me that you are the one who should get out of your little cocoon and learn a bit more about the big wide world. Know something? It really is very exciting - far more so than the one I expect you experience made up mostly of booze, bars, boys and a couple of weeks holiday a year. Yeah, life's great!

And incidentally, since you last bothered to look around you, smartphones and iPads were invented :D

fountainhall
March 30th, 2017, 09:41
Generally speaking, most newbies do begin with...."great to get such a wealth of info"......where's best for this, what do I pay for that etc.
I fully understand your point - and if you look back over this Board and gaythailand where I posted for about 8 years, I have frequently posted about the need to attract new posters and equally to give them a bit of space.

I waited 6 months after discovering gaythailand before starting post. Actually I don't agree that most posts start with general questions. It's often about general observations in threads already underway. But certainly many are indeed questions. But I think you may agree that these do tend to be quite simple. Rarely do first posters without experience of posting and the cut and thrust of posting give long and relatively complicated narratives as in the OP in this thread. They will, in my experience, be far shorter and sum up a situation in more general terms. Again, though, that is not to say it does not happen.

In the case of this thread, as I said earlier, in my first response I backed up the advice given almost all the other posters - give up the boyfriend. However, when a poster is then questioned (not by me - by 2 other posters in this case) and starts to amplify an event by adding in a lot of detail that does not gel with the original, something is wrong. And it is how the poster then responds that gives a clue - just a clue - about possible status as being genuine or a troll.

I brought up the case of sglad. Initially I was on his side and defended him. Then something about the Chinese he wrote was so clearly untrue, the more so from someone purporting to be Chinese. I started to take greater note. Eventually as the untruths were wrapped in increasingly snide remarks, privately I alerted the owners. No action was taken. Fine. They own the Board. So even later I took it on myself to lay a trap. And sglad and his hydra companion sugargrandpa stepped right into it. Result? Banned!

I have no idea if the OP here is a troll or not (although others seem to). But he certainly makes a large number of errors in his narratives.

scottish-guy
March 30th, 2017, 13:27
The debate/witch-hunt over whether or not the OP is genuine comes quite far down the list of things about which I give a toss.

However it has drawn attention away from those who-the-fuck-cares posts on the Tarntawan Hotel, so to that extent I guess it has some merit.

Surfcrest
March 30th, 2017, 13:43
Sweetlover88 joined this forum February 18, 2013 and hasn't been active with us since February 5, 2016. They are indeed one and the same poster. I would be more than happy to combine the two memberships or assist wokhardplayhard reconnect to his former membership or make this the new and only one.

Please members, so others can feel welcome here when they join or stop by again...leave the detective work up to me.

Surfcrest

arsenal
March 30th, 2017, 13:44
Scottish wrote:

"However it has drawn attention away from those who-the-fuck-cares posts on the Tarntawan Hotel, so to that extent I guess it has some merit."

And yet no one mentions said hotel more than you. No opportunity is lost to shoehorn this establishment into any and every thread. Mmmmm. A part owner perhaps?
🙄

scottish-guy
March 30th, 2017, 13:45
Damn! You're good!

I bought into the Tarntawan shortly after selling up the car bumper sticker empire the Fat Cunt found out I owned.

Can't keep anything secret in here

:beee:

fountainhall
March 30th, 2017, 13:49
What was the name of that hotel, again? :devilsh:

arsenal
March 30th, 2017, 13:56
Ask Scottish. He can probably send you the brochure and tell you about the app that pings every time a room becomes available.
🖨

fountainhall
March 30th, 2017, 14:12
leave the detective work up to me.

Surfcrest
I perfectly agree - but have to add the proviso that obvious faults are actually picked up. I think Moses has done and continues to do a fantastic job. He readily admits, though, that English is not his native language and cannot pick up some of what is written or the subtleties behind it. That is totally understandable. So that leaves just one moderator.

Since you have raised the issue, I regret I have to bring up the matter of sglad where his troll-like status was very quickly raised by several posters (not by me, though - I kept my suspicions to myself). Later, when he began to make obvious errors and started throwing out insults to other posters, I wrote to you and Moses to the effect that I believed he had to be a troll - that there was no possibility of his being a young Singaporean student studying in Chiang Mai, and I provided specific reasoning based on my having lived in a Chinese society for two decades. That sms was sent on February 5. Moses kindly replied. Without betraying a confidence, that was merely re technical issues. So the sglad hydra was permitted to continue posting for a further 14 days, spreading more and more lies and unsubtle vitriol until I set the trap which outed him and his hydra partner sugar daddy. You then finally banned him.

With the greatest respect, detective work on content did pick up his troll/hydra status but moderation waited a further two weeks before taking any action. Had I not set the trap, I'm pretty certain that sugardaddy would have stayed out of the picture and, for all we know, sglad might still be posting here. So there is definitely an issue - and perhaps even a conflict – between posters who are identifiable by technical means and those by content, posters who simply lie and then build on that lie to target other posters.

I believe every poster here should have the right to identify inconsistencies in posting, the more so when an original poster goes on to use vitriol when attempting to give answers which themselves only add fuel to the inconsistencies. An analysis of posts should surely be part and parcel of the job of moderation - as it was recently on gaythailand and is all the time on the other Board.

Manforallseasons
March 30th, 2017, 14:41

arsenal
March 30th, 2017, 14:48
Yea Founty. Please try and keep your replies to 2000 words or less. Many thanks. And please stop talking about Sglad/Sugagrandpa as if you hunted down a serial killer in Old Chinatown.

Surfcrest. Detective work is fun so while it's understandable you wanting to keep it all for yourself it's equally so that everyone likes to play. As Churchill (I think) called the intel business.
"The wall of mirrors."

😎

fountainhall
March 30th, 2017, 16:51
1,999 maximum it is, arsenal! And did you mention someone named sglad?

Churchill made some very interesting remarks. "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on," is particularly apt in the light of this discussion. "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result," also comes to mind!

I see MFAS is being his usual boring self!

scottish-guy
March 30th, 2017, 21:30
I seriously doubt that Churchill would have referred to "pants" - which still generally means underwear in the UK and in his era would have almost exclusively meant that.

I prefer the alternative attributation i.e. to Mark Twain - although even he did not say "pants" but rather "shoes"

Also worth mentioning that Churchill rarely got *his* pants on before late afternoon and at least a bottle of champagne

BOY69
March 30th, 2017, 22:05
He got assaulted by his thai boyfriend friends and now he is assaulted by some members of this forum .the poor guy only wanted a simple advise what to do in this misfortune incident and being accused as troll, fake, liar act. ...OMG...

bobsaigon2
March 30th, 2017, 22:41
The cause of disbelief is that he was asking for advice. Any rational person who was the object of such an incredibly outrageous attack by his bf and friends, would know that the only option would be to cut all ties and move on. No need to solicit the advice of people in a forum.

jolyjacktar
March 30th, 2017, 23:04
If he's done it once it will more than likely happen again. I couldn't trust anyone like that. Don't even speak to him about it just leave mate.

Oliver
March 30th, 2017, 23:09
To be fair, the guy seems isolated. My impression is that he was seeking support and sympathy and already knew what he must do. Perhaps he was unaware that other gay forums may well have provided a more receptive platform. Let's be honest, this one can be a little....how can I put this politely.....aggressive?

BOY69
March 31st, 2017, 00:24
The cause of disbelief is that he was asking for advice. Any rational person who was the object of such an incredibly outrageous attack by his bf and friends, would know that the only option would be to cut all ties and move on. No need to solicit the advice of people in a forum.

That's correct indeed but I think he loves him and it was difficult for him to cut the relationship immediately.

fountainhall
March 31st, 2017, 11:33
I fully agree that love can often be confusing and those in love can indeed be blind to what others see as the obvious. However,

1. if you really believe your boyfriend/lover truly loves you, and
2. you get into what seems to have been a serious a fight with "10 or more" of his friends during which you are punched, beaten and bottles may have been thrown for 5 minutes, and
3. during all this pugilism he is doing nothing to ensure no harm comes to you but he is actually egging on his friends and also shouting at you and punching you as stated in the OP,

it doesn't matter to me if he was stone cold sober, very drunk or high on some form of drugs, the only sensible action is to drop him - immediately. I cannot see how such a major rift could ever be repaired. And as others have stated, if it happens once, it can happen again . . . and again . . . and . . . Life is too short.

fountainhall
March 31st, 2017, 11:54
Let's be honest, this one can be a little....how can I put this politely.....aggressive?
Whilst not disagreeing with you, I wonder if you have read gaythailand recently. It has had quite a few on-going ding-dongs recently with a lot more posters banned than in this gentleman's forum!

bobsaigon2
March 31st, 2017, 13:04
Oh yes, Love. I forgot to consider that as a mitigating factor in the OP's indecisiveness. It's been so long. Forgot the last time I was in love.

Oliver provided one reason for the contents of the OP: "To be fair, the guy seems isolated. My impression is that he was seeking support and sympathy and already knew what he must do."

And I found this to be a somewhat fitting description of more than one board member.

Surfcrest
March 31st, 2017, 13:39
Since you have raised the issue, I regret I have to bring up the matter of sglad where his troll-like status was very quickly raised by several posters (not by me, though - I kept my suspicions to myself). Later, when he began to make obvious errors and started throwing out insults to other posters, I wrote to you and Moses to the effect that I believed he had to be a troll - that there was no possibility of his being a young Singaporean student studying in Chiang Mai, and I provided specific reasoning based on my having lived in a Chinese society for two decades. That sms was sent on February 5. Moses kindly replied. Without betraying a confidence, that was merely re technical issues. So the sglad hydra was permitted to continue posting for a further 14 days, spreading more and more lies and unsubtle vitriol until I set the trap which outed him and his hydra partner sugar daddy. You then finally banned him.

With the greatest respect, detective work on content did pick up his troll/hydra status but moderation waited a further two weeks before taking any action. Had I not set the trap, I'm pretty certain that sugardaddy would have stayed out of the picture and, for all we know, sglad might still be posting here. So there is definitely an issue - and perhaps even a conflict – between posters who are identifiable by technical means and those by content, posters who simply lie and then build on that lie to target other posters.

The sglad / sugargrandpa case was quite different. For all I know, they may have been two separate and legit members. Something was flagged to my attention with respect to their posting activity and rather than doing a complete investigation into what it was, I thought it best to sever the ties rather than to comb through it. There just was too much to go through and too much happening that seemed off, with respect to each of their posts. I figured that if either was legit, they'd come back...which it appears, neither has.

While I do get PM's from time to time about this member or that, from that member or this...I generally don't use that as a guideline. There are more technical means that are completely unbiased to what I or anyone else, might suspect.

Surfcrest

fountainhall
March 31st, 2017, 14:08
While I do get PM's from time to time about this member or that, from that member or this...I generally don't use that as a guideline. There are more technical means that are completely unbiased to what I or anyone else, might suspect.

Surfcrest
That I perfectly understand. But if content is not considered and a poster is not in fact a hydra but merely a troll trying to cause some form of havoc, can technical means alone root him out - despite alerts from members? I am merely curious - because I do think it is an important issue. A group of posters was recently banned on gaythailand. From what I gather (and I may be wrong), it seems it was what the filth they wrote that triggered the bans and not a technical issue.

fountainhall
March 31st, 2017, 14:42
Oh yes, Love. I forgot to consider that as a mitigating factor in the OP's indecisiveness. It's been so long. Forgot the last time I was in love
I believe anyone can find love (although I'm not so sure that actually works in the UK after a certain age - can't speak about other western countries). Of course for many guys occasional or regular sex is fine. But surely with so many Asian guys looking for much older westerners it's possible where you live?

bobsaigon2
March 31st, 2017, 16:18
I also forget the last time I wanted to be in love. Life (for me) is so much more care free as a free agent.

Brad the Impala
April 1st, 2017, 05:13
That I perfectly understand. But if content is not considered and a poster is not in fact a hydra but merely a troll trying to cause some form of havoc, can technical means alone root him out - despite alerts from members? I am merely curious - because I do think it is an important issue. A group of posters was recently banned on gaythailand. From what I gather (and I may be wrong), it seems it was what the filth they wrote that triggered the bans and not a technical issue.

Oh come on. The last thing this forum needs is another Soapbox Sally!

christianpfc
April 1st, 2017, 12:22
Another thread that takes in interesting course! I'm late to the party, nonetheless some comments:

Basically the last 2 weeks there was 3 situations in where he was late (one of them situation i had to wait 2 hours...) and i am tired of always waiting for him. So 2 days ago he had a party with his friends...
Assuming on all 3 situation he was out drinking with his friends:
your boyfriend should drink less and study more.

One important bit of information is missing: do you give any financial or material support to him?

Your English is ok for posting on this forum, but not for teaching.

You could ask your boyfriend to quit excessive drinking and hanging out with his friends, but he will probably choose alcohol and friends over you.

Well, guess what. I beat you to it and found out from google the actual shortest distance between Chiang Mai and Doi Saket. And guess what google comes up with?

41 min (27.9 km) via Route 121 and Route 1014
40 min (32.5 km) via ถนน สมโภชเชียงใหม่ 700 ปี and Route 118
54 min (34.6 km) via Route 11 and Route 118

So who does not know what he is talking about? I notice you just slipped in to your last post "Central Festival". But that is far from "downtown" Chiang Mai as you earlier stated and it is far closer to Doi Saket! How about your claim that this would be the distance between Doi Suthep and Doi Sakhet. Want to know the google distance for that trip? 34.7 kms. So, once again, who has been talking bullshit?

When I search for way from Chiang Mai to Doi Saket on google maps, it chooses a point about 9 km south of the center of the old town as "Chiang Mai", and then gives the distances you quoted. (I could already see from "Route 121 and Route 1014" that there must be something wrong, as this is not the shortest way from CM to Doi Saket).

However if I go from Wat Chedi Luang Worawihan (about center of Chiang Mai old town) to Wat Phra That Doi Saket (about center of Doi Saket) I get "43 min (22.2 km) via Route 118" which is close to the OP's numbers. And Central Festival is NE of CM, that means closer to Doi Saket. Anyway, I wouldn't argue about "15-20 km" versus 28 km.

Love it how a post about relationship problems turns into intricacies of Thai geography!

Even if the op's numbers are correct here, I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a troll, as the rest of the story is fishy. But then, when I started posting, I was accused of being a troll, so I give the benefit of doubt.

Apart from the occasions where I know better than fountainhall when it come to gay saunas in Thailand or intricacies of Thai geography, I bow to his experience and knowledge in all things South-East Asian, and especially thank for advice on Taipei, a place I would not have gone to if it hadn't been for fountainhall's reports on the forums. Whoever suggests fountainhall go out more must have missed all those excellent trip reports.

francois
April 1st, 2017, 15:35
Fountainhall's knowledge of geography indeed is extensive. He once led me on an around-the-world search for an elusive bottle of Champagne (or was it wine?) Never did find it!:))

fountainhall
April 2nd, 2017, 01:34
Apart from the occasions where I know better than fountainhall when it come to gay saunas in Thailand or intricacies of Thai geography, I bow to his experience and knowledge in all things South-East Asian, and especially thank for advice on Taipei, a place I would not have gone to if it hadn't been for fountainhall's reports on the forums. Whoever suggests fountainhall go out more must have missed all those excellent trip reports.
Christian I really am delighted you enjoyed Taipei and that one or two others have been encouraged also to visit. Next time you must try and see more of the island. There is a trip report from my round-the-island tour in June last year elsewhere on this forum. And of course by far Asia's largest Gay Pride Parade this year will be held in Taipei on Saturday 28 October.

When you finally make it to South America, Michael and Firecat69 have several reports of Brazil over on gaythailand. But should you need advice on Argentina, Chile and Peru, do let me know as I'll happily recommend an itinerary!! Since there are a few here who believe I need to get out more and get a life :D here are some of my South American photos :yahoo_mini:

The near 3km long Iguazu Falls on the border of Brazil. Argentina and Paraguay

The Torres del Paine National Park in the far south of Chile

The advancing Perito Moreno Glacier in the south of Argentina

The Cathedral in the old Inca capital of Cusco with the city's rainbow flag

Unmistakably Macchu Pichu

Fountainhall's knowledge of geography indeed is extensive. He once led me on an around-the-world search for an elusive bottle of Champagne (or was it wine?) Never did find it!:))
I regret that bottle of champagne was won by another poster. And then I compounded your disappointment by trying to flog you a bottle of Dom Perignon that I suspected might have been in the wine cooler for a few years too long. To the disappointment of both of us, I was proved right!

Nirish guy
April 3rd, 2017, 03:59
Great pics - can I assume you're a bit of a photographer as a hobby and have a great camera perhaps ? Also just out of interest was Cusco's flag up for a reason such as Pride week etc or do they fly it all year ? Not bad pics for someone who doesn't have a life - hey hold on, are you SURE you took those and you didn't scan them from a magazine and you DONT actually have a life after all perhaps !?? lol Ha actually re that Macchu Pichu pic I WAS seriously going to ask you about where you took that and is there a sign and a space on the path that says "best photo op here" perhaps as I think just about EVERy pic I've ever seen of that place seems to have been taken from that VERY same spot ! ?

scottish-guy
April 3rd, 2017, 08:40
Yes - valid point about those magazine quality pics.

How come I have to stick a fucking thistle on my pics and include something bearing the date in order to authenticate them, yet Founty gets away with going down his local Thomas Cook's, photographing the brochures, and nobody says a dicky bird?

Founty needs his very own Mini Mee

:lol:

fountainhall
April 3rd, 2017, 10:15
I enjoy photography on my travels but it's not a hobby as such. In KL last week I used the camera for the first time since the Taipei Gay Pride Parade in October last year. The model is a relatively light, mid-price one I bought 10 years ago for a trip to Nepal - a Sony DSC-HX1. My trouble now is that Sony no longer make the batteries for it and it's really hard finding ones which will last nearly as long - even on line. I do take lots, then select the ones I want to keep and tart them up a bit on the computer.

Re Macchu Pichu, no there is no sign - merely the entrance to the park which is above the site and therefore the first view you get of the whole complex. To get there, you have to take buses from the train station far below up a track that is an unending procession of hairpin bends. Once up there you buy the entrance ticket and wander around at will or take a guide. There is just one hotel up there where you can see dawn break over the citadel. But at US$1,000 a night - no way! Here's a pic one you're unlikely to see in a magazine -

The rainbow flag in Cusco has nothing to do with gay Pride. It is simply the city's flag and you see it everywhere. Cusco is around 3,400 meters above sea level and most arrive on flights from Lima which is at sea level. So you have to be careful about altitude sickness. There are even oxygen tanks if you feel the need for a whiff at the airport. You are also given a cup of cocoa tea which I believe has a touch of cocaine in it. The guide books all say do nothing for the first 5 hours - just lie on the bed to start acclimatising. I read for a fw hours and then got bored so hit the apps. As Cusco is a university city, there were quite a few guys on line. One I chatted with worked in a bar in the evenings. With energy restored we met up the next night :rolleyes:

arsenal
April 3rd, 2017, 10:16
Beautiful photos. These days anyone can take fantastic panoramic pictures whereas in the past you'd take rolls and hope that one was good.when developed.

fountainhall
April 3rd, 2017, 12:04
How come I have to stick a fucking thistle on my pics and include something bearing the date in order to authenticate them, yet Founty gets away with going down his local Thomas Cook's, photographing the brochures, and nobody says a dicky bird?

:lol:
Love it Scotty! Here's a pic of the Perito Moreno Glacier from the air, a stunning flight from Santiago down to Punta Arenas in the far south which passes over the Southern Patagonian ice-field, one of the largest on the planet. Dozens of peaks, mountain lakes and glaciers on view that morning. And to satisfy your concern, attached also is the photo data (bear in mind the time is Bangkok time!).

werner
April 3rd, 2017, 13:26
fountainhead,
Wonderful photos!!

It is amazing how many of these discussions get totally off topic. A discussion of domestic violence somehow became an exhibition of great photos of Latin America. But I am not complaining.... And do you have photos of handsome guys? If so, please share!

Nirish guy
April 3rd, 2017, 15:34
Yes but to keep it on topic if you could try to make that photos of handsome guys, getting beaten up, in South America then that would be better - there, that'll keep you busy trawling through your thomas cook holiday brochures for an hour or two there Im sure - you know, seeing as how you've no life and all ! :-)

fountainhall
April 3rd, 2017, 15:52
Thanks werner. Whilst I'm going through all my photos to fulfil Nirish' request (!), I have only ever done portrait photos of my boyfriend/boyfriends and I don't think they'd be happy to have them posted here. Like many others I do have tons of photos from various tumblr sites, many of the best ones from the Taiwan photo0blue site where the photos now go under the title Blue Men. I did post a few on a thread about a year or so ago but there seemed little interest then. I'll post a few more here to see the reaction. If there is interest, a new thread will be more appropriate.

Nirish guy
April 3rd, 2017, 16:18
[QUOTE=fountainhall;215751] The rainbow flag in Cusco has nothing to do with gay Pride. It is simply the city's flag and you see it everywhere. /QUOTE]

Have to admit I wasn't aware of that fact at all, but on googling it just now I see there is a very slight difference in the two flags and as you say the City flag as nothing to do with the gay flag and in fact on reading an old BBC news article from 2000 it appears that the locals weren't that happy with the linkage and were intending to develop a new national flag accordingly, so good to see that that seems not to have happened (yet) - or maybe things just move very slowly in South America !? Lets hope not though as it would be a shame on so many levels if they did change their culture for all the wrong reasons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/948820.stm

Thailand2017
April 20th, 2017, 21:02
I do think it's funny how the guy claiming he getting attacled by his bf and his friends I was in pattaya @ the time has him and i seen him pissed in ( plastic chair) bar and him screaming and thai lads and the owner of the bar in there and one lad refused to go with him he started screaming at the lad

Thailand2017
April 20th, 2017, 21:08
just reading this post by Matt who from Canada

it makes me laugh because I have seen him drunk and abusive to thai lads in sunee plaza in the plastic chair bar

Smiles
April 20th, 2017, 23:13
just reading this post by Matt who from Canada. it makes me laugh because I have seen him drunk and abusive to thai lads in sunee plaza in the plastic chair bar
I'm hardly a great fan of Cndmatt (I'm Canadian myself) but I don't believe for a minute that you know what your talking about in this post.
His plethora of postings on this board are a general mix of 'interesting', 'worthwhile' and sometimes just plain 'bloody stupid' ... kind of like most of the Members here, including myself.
Within the context of all his posts here I've never noticed anything which could be labeled anything like a predilection towards " ... drunk and abusive to (T)hai lads ... ".

Noticed that you just joined this Board this month, and this rather nasty accusation is your only post. Let's just label it bullshit, OK?

Thailand2017
April 20th, 2017, 23:49
i only just joined this board today i read his post and seen it and i know who it was he saying thai bf and thai bf friends​ it him but that just one side story.

Smiles
April 21st, 2017, 01:53
i only just joined this board today i read his post and seen it and i know who it was he saying thai bf and thai bf friends​ it him but that just one side story.
OK Thailand2017, I see what you are meaning now.

The opening post on this thread was from a guy named 'WorkHardPlayHard' and guess what ... he purports to (1) being a Canadian, and (2) he signed off on his first post with the name 'Matt'.

And weirdly enough ... this board already has a member (been here for a long time and is quite prolific) named Matt, and he also is a Canadian.
I'd forgotten about that quite unusual coincidence(?), but in fact I see now that you were disparaging the Topic Starter ('Canadian Matt') ... NOT our beloved blind Member, 'Canadian Matt'.
Who would of thunk?

Anyway, I jumped too quickly, and I apologise to you. Please carry on.

cdnmatt
April 21st, 2017, 05:14
Yes Smiles, apparently there's more than one Canadian out there named Matt. Who would have thought, eh?

Geez, are you ever turning into a dick in your old age.

Smiles
April 21st, 2017, 06:49
Yes Smiles, apparently there's more than one Canadian out there named Matt. Who would have thought, eh?
Geez, are you ever turning into a dick in your old age.
Hey, I said 'beloved' didn't I? That should help assuage your fathomless neediness.
And hey again ... I was going to be a right dick and say " ... NOT our beloved blind(?) Member ... ", but I stopped myself. Nice eh?

arsenal
April 21st, 2017, 09:41
Yes. If someone mentions 'Matt' and 'Canadian" on this board for better or worse most of us will immediately think of our beloved all singing all dancing shrimp cooking Michelin star inspecting superstar.

And Matt. Smiles was dismissing the idea of you behaving as suggested so your snotty reply was a little unnecessary.

Manforallseasons
April 21st, 2017, 10:41
Smiles you sound a bit like Snoop Doggy fountainhall!

cdnmatt
April 21st, 2017, 12:19
Whoops, sorry Smiles. I have no problem apologizing when I'm in the wrong, which happens quite a bit nowadays. Plus I made that post at about 3am I think, so I was pretty tired. Yesterday was a long day. I was busy fending off ghosts, and things like that. :)

Nirish guy
April 25th, 2017, 04:09

So, whats the other side then, come on, don't leave us in suspense !? :)

latintopxxx
April 27th, 2017, 14:04
No need iris.....get with the program....it's always the white mans/foreigners fault. Always.