PDA

View Full Version : thai business lounge at bkk

July 11th, 2006, 02:18
If you are travelling in coach , is it possible to pay to use the business lounges at bkk airport

orson
July 11th, 2006, 07:37
yes they have what they call CIP lounges. it cost USD19 for the first hour and i think 12 for the succeeding hours.

July 11th, 2006, 14:58
How is the Thai lounge in BKK?

I use the Cathay one every week, and while it is a quiet space that has Wifi, I would feel violated had I actually paid to use it!

pandorasbox-old
July 11th, 2006, 15:06
I find the THAI business lounge very large, very nosy and very busy. Not that surprising considering it is the national carrier.

The lounge I enjoyed most was China Airlines - small and quiet with nice seating. SAS was very minimal. Emirates was very basic = looked more like an afterthought.

I was very pleased with the lounge for Bangkok Airways and that's on a flight that is economy only.

July 12th, 2006, 11:53
... very unworthwhile
I find the THAI business lounge very large, very nosy and very busyI wouldn't pay any money to go there

Sen Yai
July 12th, 2006, 14:40
... very unworthwhile
I find the THAI business lounge very large, very nosy and very busyI wouldn't pay any money to go there
I wonder if you go to the same lounge that I do? I find some of the THAI business lounges to be very quiet and peaceful.

There are (I think) 4 THAI business lounges at Don Muang. The one nearest gate 12 (the usual departure gate for LHR) is noisy and busy and I think it has still not been 'upgraded' with the new ID (although I haven't been in for more than a year). There used to be another lounge on the 'window' side of the central departure area of T1. This had views of the planes, but was also very busy and not upgraded - I don't know if it is still there.

But the 'best' THAI business lounges are near the pier to gate 26-ish and half way along the route to gates 70-ish. Go upstairs at the 26-ish lounge and enjoy a Thai massage (female masseuse - happy ending not included). These lounges have cool ID , free wireless internet access and a few PC workstations, unlimited booze and some food.

But like homintern I wouldn't pay for these facilities and to answer aot87, I don't think you can - best to accumulate sufficient FF points to get a Gold ROP card!

wowpow
July 12th, 2006, 15:04
Sen Yai - You have answered a question that was worrying me. I used the Dom Muang Thai Business Class lounge, by gate 11, recently. I was surprised and disappointed as I had read that Thai had an award winning lounge which opened comparatively recently - recently enough for me to think - don't they know the airport's moving to a new site. The lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3 was with SAS and very comfortable, elegant with some tasty, good quality, snacks and free internet. To be honest, I just walked in there and helped myself. I was wearing a uit so maybe I looked posh. Nobody asked to see my ticket or boarding card. Maybe I'll try that again? :))

I don't think that anyone is delusional enough to think that they are not paying for these lounges in the price of their ticket. ,For normal travel I would hardly bother but if you have long delays or a few hours between flights then they are a delight.

July 12th, 2006, 15:07
All of them will be rubble in two months time, so let's not waste too much dissecting them. I'm sure the ones at Suvarnnabhumi will be much better.