PDA

View Full Version : The "Blue Diamond"

Manforallseasons
March 17th, 2017, 14:14
I can be of no surprise to those visiting and living in BKK and Pattaya that Arab tourism is on the rise....But not so for Saudis...

https://news.vice.com/article/assassinations-curses-and-stolen-jewels-the-blue-diamond-affair-is-still-darkening-saudi-thai-relations

arsenal
March 17th, 2017, 16:23
That's a good read. A twenty year plus thriller. :unknw_mini:

fountainhall
March 17th, 2017, 17:03
Great story! I have heard parts of it before, but not the full background. Clearly the whole background has still to come out, but the first thing I find difficult to believe is this -

One night he crawled up through a second story window and into a palace bedroom, busted open a safe, and stole around 200 pounds of jewelry worth approximately $20 million, allegedly among them a highly prized 50-carat blue diamond.
How does a lowly Thai farmer bust open a safe?

cdnmatt
March 17th, 2017, 17:11
Great story! I have heard parts of it before, but not the full background. Clearly the whole background has still to come out, but the first thing I find difficult to believe is this -

How does a lowly Thai farmer bust open a safe?

Well, Thais and especially money boys seem to be experts at both, sex and social engineering. Maybe he used those skills for the guy to give him the combination to the safe during a bed time encounter one night?
n

arsenal
March 17th, 2017, 17:37
Play this one right and we can probably start a rumour that one Pres D. Trump currently has the stone as a handle on his medicine cabinet.