PDA

View Full Version : Patong Beach?

Mancs
March 14th, 2017, 07:37
I've been there a few times, though not for a while, and had a good time. I've read it's declined. Is it still worth a visit-to meet some twinks and dance in the Boat Bar? Nobody here mentions it now, which is not a good sign.

paperboy
March 14th, 2017, 18:05
i will be going in June with my cambodian bf, will update for you

Marsilius
March 14th, 2017, 18:47
In which case, paperboy, I suggest that you take extra sun cream. Whereas the concessionaires on Jomtien beach offer umbrellas with fabric thick enough to cut out the fiercest sun, my own experience suggests that their peers on Patong beach use umbrellas with much more flimsy material that lets the sun through. On my last visit to Phuket, I got very badly sunburned as a result.

BOY69
March 15th, 2017, 13:00
On my last visit to Phuket, I got very badly sunburned as well be careful ,however the beach is still lovely.
Paradise complex which use to be gay complex now narrowed to one alley the atmosphere is still fun and cosy but the selection of boys is not what used to be,spotted more non thai nationality mainly from Camodia,though I met lovely 19 years old beutiful and polite thai boy with whom I spent the rest of my vacation in Thailand.

scottish-guy
March 15th, 2017, 14:56
I was there in autumn of 2016.

BOY69 is right - the gay area is now one soi out of the 3 - but having said that, it wasn't really any more extensive when I first visited a decade ago, with only one or two bars outside that main soi.

I looked in the Passport pub a couple of times and was the only customer on each occasion. Mama San show bar is long gone and some others have changed name. The music in one bar was so loud when I opened the door that I immediately closed it again.

A couple of residents sitting near me at an open-fronted bar warned me to be careful because I'd left my drink unattended to go to the toilet - said there had been cases of drinks being spiked and people later being robbed. I was quite shocked. No reason for them to lie.

Absolutely no desire to return

Oliver
March 15th, 2017, 15:29
My first visit to Patong was in 1997; the gay scene compared very poorly with those in Bangkok and Pattaya which, in those far-off days, were vibrant.. Plenty of bars, plenty of guys but very few customers. And that has remained the case on subsequent visits. My boyfriend and I still go occasionally but prefer other places in Phuket.

fountainhall
March 15th, 2017, 16:16
Sadly you have to go back to the early 1990s when there were several gogo bars including the fun Young Sharks located a bit away from the Paradise Complex. My Way was also worth visiting as several dancers had been transferred from the same bars in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. They really danced in those days!

paperboy
March 15th, 2017, 18:28
to be honest, i dont think i will be goibg to the gay area, iam going with my bf, so not lookinbg for any more action, one is enough, esp my bf lol. we are going for beach and sight seeing and eating drinking and party.

BOY69
March 15th, 2017, 23:13
Paradise complex still deserve a visit Boat Bar and My Way are still fun ,You still can sit outside one of the bars at night
and enjoy the boys and falangs passing by ,However I agree that back at the 90's
it was much vibrant and the selection of boys was much better.