View Full Version : Adventure activities

frequent
March 14th, 2017, 04:13
Perhaps some of our members are more interested in the sedentary - not to say horizontal - life, but has anyone tried the more adventurous activities available in Thailand? I hear that sky-diving at night with a naked companion is all the rage these days in some quarters. Has any poster offed a boy so as to indulge in such an adventurous activity?

Nirish guy
March 14th, 2017, 04:42
White water rafting and quad bike racing in Chang Mai is about as much as I can lay claim too and damned good fun it was too !

Moses
March 14th, 2017, 13:56
In Thailand I did: kayaking on river Kwai, zip-line Gibbon flight in Siracha (available from Bangkok and Pattaya), fishing from yacht at Samet.

In plans: balloon riding in Chiang Mai.

christianpfc
March 14th, 2017, 14:43
I'm not interested in all the usual offers: elephant riding, jet-ski, quad, kayaking (don't like water and sun - I mean I can either be out in the sun, dry and fully covered; or wet, but without sun; but not both), but I do a lot of walking, and when possible mountain climbing (wherever you can get without professional equipment). The occasional exploration of abandoned places, sometimes bordering on trespassing, can count as adventure.

arsenal
March 14th, 2017, 15:06
Moses wrote:
"In Thailand I did: kayaking on river Kwai, zip-line Gibbon flight in Siracha (available from Bangkok and Pattaya), fishing from yacht at Samet."

A brief conversation I had with one of the Flight of the Gibbon attendants.

"So are there any gibbons here?"
"No."
"Oh."
"Have before. Now build this, not have."

scottish-guy
March 14th, 2017, 15:25
A bit like Manchester's "Gay Village" at the weekends then

loke
March 15th, 2017, 01:35
It's enough adventure just to cross the roads in Thailand or riding a motobike, Enough adventure for one day..

fountainhall
March 15th, 2017, 11:00
I realise frequent's OP was very much tongue-in-cheek :eek: . But whilst on the subject, please let's not forget that adventure can also mean more than just physical activity. Exploring the vast variety that Thailand offers is another - as christianpfc has written and illustrated in his blog. The two most fascinating events I've been to so far were the Ubon Ratchathani Candle Festival and the Dansai Ghost Festival in Loei Province - both unique in their size and scope, both celebrated by most of their towns and both giving visitors a day or two of huge enjoyment - and loads of excellent eye candy! I'll post just a couple of pics of each -

Dansai

Ubon

And as christen points out, there are lots of fascinating natural sights to see. This is one of the waterfalls in the Doi Inthanon National Park not far from Chiang Mai.