PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what it means!

fountainhall
March 10th, 2017, 17:04
I'm used to Japanese garments with odd English phrases on the back. One T-shirt I bought in Tokyo has

MY WIFE'S GONE OFF WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND I MISS HIM

Another was a sweatshirt I picked up at a performance of Phantom of the Opera -

SHE CHASED HIM AROUND THE OPERA HOUSE AND THEN CAUGHT HIM BY THE ORGAN

On a particularly cold evening arrival at Hong Kong 3 weeks ago, I saw this young man as I was waiting for the Airport Express train into town -

What, I still wonder, does all that mean? It's tempting to think he's a classy and fabulous top. A447 maybe perfect for you! But then what does TSNFY stand for? TERRIFICALLY NAUGHTY SEX FOR YOU sounds a tad too genteel. TELL NOBODY - SPECIAL FUCK YOU! might be more like it, the more so when linked to the Est. 83. An estimated eighty three centimetres would be too much to ask. Perhaps lasting 83 minutes? No idea!

The odd thing was that his companion, a lady, had exactly the same wording on her jacket. I have googled TSNFY with no result.

Marsilius
March 14th, 2017, 18:41
But then what does TSNFY stand for?... I have googled TSNFY with no result.

I am not surprised you're turning up no result - the garment clearly shows the message as TNSFY. Maybe a touch of dyslexia here - or perhaps you had a momentary funny turn at the thought of an 83 cm top?

Mind you, although googling the correct TNSFY sequence does produce quite a few results, most of them - even when in English - appear to be entirely incomprehensible gobbledegook.

Nirish guy
March 16th, 2017, 01:31
I think you need new glasses Marsilius as I see those letters as all the same - OMG is this going to turn into one of those what colour is the dress threads now !?? :-)

Marsilius
March 16th, 2017, 05:22
Are you really saying that you see the letters on the coat as T-S-N-F-Y (as fountainhall also repeatedly wrote)? I've just shown the picture to a room full of people and everyone agrees that it reads T-N-S-F-Y. Odd!

fountainhall
March 16th, 2017, 12:15
I think Nirish meant he saw T-T-T-T-T! :eek:

Are you really saying that you see the letters on the coat as T-S-N-F-Y (as fountainhall also repeatedly wrote)?
Yes indeed, you are observant. Although to be fair the two suggestions I made did have the first letters in the correct order. So you are half right LOL

Nirish guy
March 16th, 2017, 18:24
Ha my sincere apologies Marsililus I think your "Maybe a touch of dyslexia here" might be closer to the truth than I care to admit ! :-) I mistaken read your post as referring to the SIZE of the S & N letters - and I cant think why as on re reading it it's crystal clear what you meant too ! sorry, my bad as the youngsters say these days "apparently".