PDA

View Full Version : Receiving compensation for blogs about touring in TH or other things??

Blueskytoday
March 6th, 2017, 16:23
I am curious...persons who write blogs in Sawatdee for example,,traveling around
Thailand,,giving trip information,,,writing about bars, etc...are some persons receiving compensation
for doing this OR is this all just free information for readers.....since I don't know.I am curious
Thanks...

fountainhall
March 6th, 2017, 17:33
I have written several lengthy posts about travel in Thailand and some other Asian destinations on the three gay thailand forums. I have never been paid. I'm sure the same is true of all those who post.

cdnmatt
March 6th, 2017, 18:38
If it's a personal blog, I guess not always, but most times they will be receiving compensation (or morrre realistically, trying to earn compensation). There's always the typical Google ads you see everywhere, they may find sponsors and display their ads, they may use referral links (eg. recommend a hotel, but when linking to it there's a referral ID in the link, so if someone books a room through that link, the blog owner gets a commission), some will charge to write a post reviewing a certain establishment / product / service, and so on.

Same goes for Youtube channels. Google will pay you for the number of views you get, as they display both, video and text ads on the videos.

if you're thinking this sounds like a great way to earn a living while doing it up in Thailand, I'd urge caution. Making money this sort of way is very difficult, so ensure you're making MORE than enough for a comfortable life before hopping on that plane. Once you're here, you probably won't be working as hard, hence your income will drop a bit.

christianpfc
March 6th, 2017, 20:40
There are websites to the tune of "stop you 9 to 5 job, become a travel blogger, and earn money while you travel", I think all of them are grossly exaggerated, or people earn a meager income for a lot of work (i.e. 24/7).

Stickman is probably among the successful bloggers/website owners, but returned to New Zealand after writing about straight Thailand nightlife for over 10 years.

latintopxxx
March 7th, 2017, 01:01
would be a bit careful about blogs especially ones that ae centered on sex tourism...am sure I read an article somewhere of some fellown that got locked up somewhere in asia for promoting prostitution on his blog. Think he kinda bragged about how many women he had bedded and how easy it was and how to go about finding them.

Nirish guy
March 7th, 2017, 03:28
I don't know about blogs but I was more thinking of tying to CLAIM some compensation after having read a few of A447's juicy trip reports as my innocence and worldly naivety was almost shattered in one post ! So, I'm sure there's a claim to be had in there somewhere for corrupting our collective minds with tales of his filth and debaucherous lifestyle - perhaps a class action law suit ?? PS on that very note A447 - one of your reports seems to be WAY overdue now ?!!

a447
March 7th, 2017, 05:58
one of your trip reports seems to be WAY overdue now?!!

Hold on, Nirish - I'm still recovering from my last trip!

However, I am off to Taiwan, among other places, soon, spurred on by fountainhall's reports.

Whether I'll have anything to report is another matter.

And no, I'll post any reports for free.

Thank me later!

frequent
March 7th, 2017, 12:51
Think he kinda bragged about how many women he had bedded
Women!! Pervert

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2017, 15:31
It's the complete irony of LatintopXXX's comments on the blogger that cracks me up - *all* Poxxy does is brag about how many male prostitutes he's fucked and how little he pays them.

Maybe he meant it? Is he that smart?

:D

arsenal
March 7th, 2017, 16:06
I am paid tens of thousands of baht by the restaurants I review plus I receive free meals, wine, coffee and of course petits fours.

fountainhall
March 7th, 2017, 16:20
. . . even caviar when its available. Only the best for arsenal before the bars!

arsenal
March 7th, 2017, 16:33
Quite right Fountainhall. Like all high class Sawatdee Network members. I only accept the best.

a447
March 7th, 2017, 16:44
What? No amuse bouche, arsenal?

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2017, 17:02
. . . even caviar when its available. Only the best for arsenal before the bars!

One has to be careful in revealing a partiality to caviar these days or ascribing it to others - apparently it can mean something completely unintended.

In the same vein, I once attended a seminar in which the presenter suggested treating a certain malady with CBT.

He was (allegedly) quite shocked when I gently pointed out that CBT can mean something quite different to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - but that Cock & Ball Torture would certainly take one's mind off the malady being treated.

:D

arsenal
March 7th, 2017, 17:12
My charges are as follows.

Mentioning your bar or restaurant: 1000 baht.
Writing a paragraph in which said establishment is the main subject: 3000 baht.
Saying lots of nice things about the business: 10'000 baht.

I think these charges are entirely reasonable given my many years of excellent reporting and my reputation as an honest and trustworthy senior member of the oldest and most popular gay Thailand forum on the net.

Nirish guy
March 7th, 2017, 18:31
y senior member of the oldest and most popular gay Thailand forum on the net.

And just how much do you expect to get for THAT review and recommendation I wonder !? ( my guess is don't hold you're hand on your ass waiting on a cheque ! lol)

fountainhall
March 7th, 2017, 18:45
And when he goes to Cabbages and Condoms he adds to the bill one cabbage and five packs of the latest Sagami ultra-thin condoms! (What he does with the cabbage, I really have no idea!)

pigseye27
March 9th, 2017, 06:38
I do a travel blog. Mostly Thailand and Asia. No compensation except a tiny bit for Google ad clicks which covers .000001% of the costs of travel. I hope only to give a little insight. A gay travel blog I would love to do, hmmmm.