PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter to ForFun Silom soi4

Patanawet
March 5th, 2017, 12:57
First my apologies for posting this on other forums as well but I know that readers here frequent Jupiter.

The whole front of ForFun on Silom Soi 4, next to Balcony's main bar was yesterday covered by a huge tarpauline.
The tarpauline was advertising the imminent move of Jupiter from Suriwong to Soi 4.
The text read:-

'We apologize for the inconvenience we're creative and construction "Jupiter 2018 New Arena" For "Jupiter 2002" and new entertainment for you'.
I think I know what they're trying to say.

A further message was:-
"New beginning New Ideas New energy" and a further line which I couldn't read because they'd placed tables and chairs in front of it.

The shophouse, formerly a tee shirt shop, next to Balcony's Tiger terrace was open last night as a bar. I understand that this will be a restaurant area. Maybe they were, like a cat, just marking their territory.

Jupiter will be a gogo bar. They certainly have the space and height to match their Suriwong premises (I remember it when it was a big disco/cabaret club called Rome Club).

Perhaps visitors to the still existing Jupiter can glean more information from the boys and staff there.

If only I could figure out how to post photos, I would. :lol:

Patanawet
March 5th, 2017, 13:27
Just as a PS, here is the story so far, leading to my message above, as read on other boards:-

The Jupiter lease, after 15 years, was up for renewal. The owner decided that he'd rather open his own gogo bar on the premises.

Jupiter and ForFun on Silom Soi4 have the same owner so it was decided to move the jupiter business to their premises next to Balcony.

The land and property owner gave the boys and staff the chance to stay with him or move to Soi4 with their original boss.

How much truth there is in all the above I don't know but my message above makes it look likely true.

dab69
March 5th, 2017, 13:47
To post pictures "Go Advanced" and "Manage Attachments"/ upload from your computer.

Patanawet
March 5th, 2017, 14:51
Workers erecting Jupiter sign and ext. views of ForFun now.

Tintin
March 6th, 2017, 02:15
"exciting and surprise" ?

latintopxxx
March 6th, 2017, 05:02
tintin...dont mock...not very becoming

Tintin
March 6th, 2017, 13:32
Not mocking... Just guessing what's on the partially hidden line!

justaguy
March 6th, 2017, 15:24
A gogo bar in Silom Soi 4 ? Hmm guess I don't have to go to for fun for a nightcap anymore, surely the 120 baht Heineken will be triple the price :)

loke
March 11th, 2017, 01:59
Are they allowed to have a go go club in soi 4 ? The soi will never be the same. The relaxed atmosphere from the bars does not blend well with a gogo club. I wonder if the owners will turn new Jupiter into something else?

frequent
March 11th, 2017, 04:10
Are they allowed to have a go go club in soi 4 ? The soi will never be the same. The relaxed atmosphere from the bars does not blend well with a gogo club. I wonder if the owners will turn new Jupiter into something else?

As I recall there was a boy gogo bar nearby Telephone Bar (slightly further down the street) twenty years or so ago. It didn't last long. It had no impact on nearby bar prices. There wasn't a massage shop in that street until recently but there's now been one for a couple of years or more now. As I recall it's also male-only staff, and we all know what that means.

justaguy
March 11th, 2017, 04:16

Since all of Silom IS an entertainment zone, I guess they will get away with it. To be honest, even though I know most of the staff @ for fun, it was a kind of boring, expensive joint. Good for a nightcap, but nothing more. If they turn it into a gogo bar, I probably will not go anymore, can't be bothered to pay silly prices for a beer, don't care for whatever is on offer in any of those gogo bars.

Actually, for a nightcap, fork and cork is better anyway. Especially when they have those nights where we can stay until 6 am or so :)

justaguy
March 11th, 2017, 05:15
cannot edit my post anymore, I just had a chat with one of the members of staff, yep Jupiter boys is on. Gogo bar.

loke
March 13th, 2017, 22:06
Ok I will have a look when they open , one very expensive drink for the show and then probably never again ,

werner
April 2nd, 2017, 13:52
What is the latest news about Jupiter? Has business started in the new location? Has another go-go bar been set up in the old location?

justaguy
April 2nd, 2017, 16:16
Don't know, but will check it out next week. The manager @ forfun send me a like request on facebook, not sure if this is the same place:

https://www.facebook.com/Boys-66-club-428789734149307/

Patanawet
April 2nd, 2017, 18:38
[QUOTE=werner;215697]What is the latest news about Jupiter? Has business started in the new location? /QUOTE]

Rumoured to be opening a couple of weeks after Songkran