PDA

View Full Version : is this just coincidence

July 10th, 2006, 15:48
I've been to Pattaya a couple of times in the last year and will be back in the winter again. I spent my boy hunting times in the bars and on the beach but I was thinking this time round I might give the bars a miss. Reason being my experience up to now has been that any boy I picked out in the bars has had extremely limited English skills yet the three that I picked out on the beach were all really quite good in that respect. As I don't want my time with a boy to be akin to a silent movie and as I don't have the time - nor inclination - at this moment to learn Thai the boys from the bars were all reluctantly returned to the stage with a small tip.
So as I asked in the title, was that just coincidental or am I indeed more likely to find a competent English speaker on the beach than in the bars?

July 10th, 2006, 15:56
I think you just happened to hit on the three.

July 10th, 2006, 16:07
Perhaps your picking the wrong boys at the bar? Ask the Mammasan for help in choosing.

I have always been successful in hooking up with bar boys who's English is quite good. On a few occasions I found boys who's English was excellent. Have you considered offing the waiters or doormen? They generally have stronger language skills.

You may want to give a host bar like My Life or Panorama a look. Often the boys here have good English skills. They tend to be more mature and experienced.

July 10th, 2006, 16:43
You may want to give a host bar like My Life or Panorama a look....am I being terribly non-observant and naieve yet again? I didn't realize Panorama was a host bar!

Admittedly the only time I go there is for an after-dinner liqueur after a gluttonous dinner at Amor, and I usually sit in the front of Panorama, so don't see what is happening behind me. A host bar? Really?

July 10th, 2006, 19:17
So it was just blind luck at the beach then. Curious, roughly speaking what % of the bar/beach boys have a reasonable command of English.

July 10th, 2006, 19:22
You may want to give a host bar like My Life or Panorama a look.

...am I being terribly non-observant and naieve yet again? I didn't realize Panorama was a host bar!

Admittedly the only time I go there is for an after-dinner liqueur after a gluttonous dinner at Amor, and I usually sit in the front of Panorama, so don't see what is happening behind me. A host bar? Really?

Now I may be wrong but, with the odd exception, isn't everyone in Boyztown open to being 'offed' (not the same as 'offable' as there are some you really wouldn't want to touch with a barge pole). I even know of a security person who has been offed as well as one of the hotel reception staff. Alas, I cannot confirm whether Madame Jim is open to being offed but she is defintely offable, if you are up to laughing all night.

July 10th, 2006, 23:22
Some of the beach guys are older and past their bar boy sell by date - also quite a few hotel workers on the cruise before and after work.

A lot are also very young looking........so be careful!

colmx
July 11th, 2006, 01:34
As Oogleman points out above:
In my experience the guys on the beach either tend to be
Old hands or New recruits...

With regard tio the old hands...It takes a certain amount of balls to cruise on the beach and also a good amount of english in order to make the transaction and attract the farangs attention... so this is why the guys there all tend to speak good English.

The new recruits are usually brought to the beach by their older friends and as others have pointed out tend to be underage or borderline underage... their older friends usually do the haggling and negotiating on their behalf (no doubt for a commission!)

So in answer to steve1903.... i don't think its a coincidence that all the guys you met on the beach speak english

July 11th, 2006, 01:54
I don't believe the waiters at Panorama are "Offable", at least not during their shift. After work, they may be more than willing to meet up with you.

Jetsam
July 11th, 2006, 02:10
I don't believe the waiters at Panorama are "Offable", at least not during their shift. After work, they may be more than willing to meet up with you.

I also don't know if you can off them, but they indeed will visit you on request when they are not working http://images.fok.nl/s/confused.gif http://images.fok.nl/s/confused.gif

wowpow
July 11th, 2006, 09:35
The staff at Panorama certainly were offable but the fee was a tad expensive at 400 baht - waiters and doormen are more expensive then go-goboys - captains are very expensive and Manager's cost a small fortune. The theory is that the price reflects the inconvenience to the establishment but the price remains the same at a minute to closing time.

I offed a Manager from a Bangkok bar about 7 years ago. The off fee was 1500 baht a day. The trip to Cha Am for a few days was memorable though.

July 11th, 2006, 13:00
All of the staff at Panorama are offable. They have a fee rate based on their function or the owners' assessment of how impacted the operation is if someone is off the job. Managers, bartenders, bar backs, and ticket-writers can be offed at 500 baht, while hosts are offed at 400 baht. It's not always clear that there are designated waiters. Seems that anyone working at the bar can jump into this role. However, the owners seem to think there are waiters and will admit that the boys who are "waiters" aren't very good at it.

Dodger
July 11th, 2006, 17:11

Stargaze is spot on.

Not only are the boys at Panorama offable, that is their primary objective while working there.

To expand on this a little...there isn't a boy working anywhere in or around the gay venues in LOS that isn't offable, e.g., doormen, waiters, bar tenders, shoe shine boys and even the mamasan's, if that's your taste. Now, let's expand on this even more: Boys employed in supermarkets, department stores, internet shops, motocy boys, yes, and even that cute boy standing behind the counter at 7 Eleven if you say the right things.

The reasons some boys say no:

If a boy rejects your offer to off him it's probably not because he doesn't go "off," it may be because he has a farang already lined up for the night, he may have already had enough off's for the week and needs a break, his farang BF may be in town, and last but not least, you might be a real turn-off to him. Let's face it, some of the boys do actually have a choice, especially the real good looking ones.

July 11th, 2006, 17:56
And you still have to pay??? Thais men can be very affectionate, and I find the nicest Thais are those that I approach and not the other way around, the starting point is curiousity rather than sex, I smile you smile. They dont have to speak fluent English to be endearing company.

July 11th, 2006, 21:20
Right, Dodger. There are 30 million men and boys in Thailand, and they are all for sale. Visitors should not hesitate from propositioning any male they encounter. Money always talks. If they say "no", they're just being coy.

Dodger
July 12th, 2006, 00:44
Boygeenyus...

Yes, I guess that's kind of what I'm saying, except for one point of clarification. I'm referring to the boys who have left their homes to work in and around the gay tourist meccas like Bangkok, Chaing Mai, Phuket, and of course our beloved Pattaya.

Almost every single boy that works directly for a gay venue in one of these places is offable, regardless of his job title.

Don't get pissed at me...that's just the way it is.

July 12th, 2006, 01:37
I wasn't poking at your statement about boys that work in gay-oriented nightlife venues. I was poking at your assertion that all boys who work in supermarkets, department stores, 7-11's, and internet shops are all prostitutes waiting for some farang fag to come waving some baht at him. In fact, a lot of the boys who work long hours in jobs like those are just trying to make a living without resorting to selling their bodies. Sometimes the wacked out things opinions I read here are very, very depressing.

Impulse
July 12th, 2006, 02:34
Well,when i was there last November I saw the cutest boy walking out of some school(wearing a uniform)with what appeared to be his mother.While his mother was carrying a small baby in her arms I asked her if I could take her son home just for a short time.With a nice smile ,I curled a 500 baht note into her hand and winked.Well,to my dismay she gave me a confused look and spoke some Thai.So I took the money from her hand and slipped it to the boy ,grabbed his hand and hurried away........jk.We do need to look at Thailand as a country that has lots of sex workers,not everyone is though.I think Dodger is right also about the gay areas,many are game.

July 12th, 2006, 03:13
Boys employed in supermarkets, department stores, internet shops, motocy boys, yes, and even that cute boy standing behind the counter at 7 Eleven if you say the right things. .

Dodger that is one of the most stupid things that I have read for a long long time.

You obvioulsy do not mix with anyone except those employed in the sex trade if your really believe your assumption to be true and if you do think it to be true then really need to mix a bit more with the majority of Thais and not your small minority.

July 12th, 2006, 10:33
DELETED

Dodger
July 12th, 2006, 11:36
Naughty but Nice...

I'll concede. I do spend too much time with the boys in the working circuit and that may be blinding me a bit. Also, my use of the term "off" really isn't appropriate for what I was trying convey. Let me restate it this way. IMO...almost all of the boys you see working in and around the gay venues in Thailand are offable. The boys you see working outside the gay venues, but still within the same proximity, are very likely to go out with you if you approach it the right way.

Admittedly, I'm a Butterfly slut, but I've also generated some good friendships with boys not working directly in the sex circuit, e.g., a dancer at Hollywood Disco (Boy Special), a University Student, a boy who used to sell Mobiles at Big C, and even a Motorbike Boy. All were nice guys just trying to make a living. Would any of these guys, who by the way, had ages ranging from 18 to 23, give a 50 Y/O guy like me a second look if it weren't for the prospect of money...not on your life.

Remember, this thread started with a question as to whether or not the boys working at Panorama would go off with a farang. That's how transparent the reality of this is to some farangs. Am I saying that all Thai boys are for sale, of course not. And even if they were, it wouldn't reduce their value as a person in my book at all.

I watched a rather brash reporter interviewing Donald Trumps young and beautiful new wife on TV, and the reporter asked her if she would have gone out with a guy his age if it weren't for the money. She responded in a cool and calm manner... "do you really think a guy his age would have hit on someone who looks like me if he didn't have the money."

July 14th, 2006, 00:05
All were nice guys just trying to make a living. Would any of these guys, who by the way, had ages ranging from 18 to 23, give a 50 Y/O guy like me a second look if it weren't for the prospect of money...not on your life.

Now Dodger you're being too hard on yourself. And shame on you gals for coming down on poor Dodger like that.

How do you jealous sluts know that Dodger doesn't look like a Harrison Ford with gut freshly sucked and hair newly plugged, hmmm? Thai boys everywhere are probably throwing themselves at him.

If his best friend Smiles is the Richard Simmons of Hua Hin, then surely Dodger is the Jack La Lane of Pattaya (that's right - he's the muscle crone who plugs juicers on the Home Shopping Network). They may be 600 years old but they are still studs.

(Errr...maybe not Richard Simmons.)

July 14th, 2006, 00:22
Miss Sybil Thrope wrote :

know that Dodger doesn't look like a Harrison Ford

If you have seen Dodger , Miss demented Trope , you can talk , if not, go in your scalp and stay foolish as you are ! :alien:

July 14th, 2006, 16:15
Miss Sybil Thrope wrote :

know that Dodger doesn't look like a Harrison Ford

If you have seen Dodger , Miss demented Trope , you can talk , if not, go in your scalp and stay foolish as you are !

Oh, baziel, how I adore you!... Although I often haven't the foggiest what you are saying I wouldn't miss it for the world! Please, tell me, what is the meaning of, 'go in your scalp'? Might it be in regards to a poo shampoo?...Rather like, but much more diplomatic than, that quaint old New York saying, "Go shit in your hat."

By the way; never had the pleasure of a proposition from a 7-11 or supermarket worker but there was one in Mike Department store, one at Robinson and one at Silom Central. All were cute--One was charmingly chunky and sexily strabismic, which always blows my dress up--all working in the shoe department: hos selling hose.
Unfortunately; every time I was already 'hooked' up--And when I returned; everytime it was: "Solly, Day off," same-same mamasans tell you when your requested number is "off" doing the nasty with another 'customer.' Is the shoe department noted for being like the Central Park Ramble of department store hodom?
The only on-the-job 'non-working' working-man I ever hooked up with was a (Also) chunky, strabismic security guard at the Royal Palace--Hotel, not THE Royal Palace--who volunteered to see me to my room and make sure everything was safe: no kamoy hiding under the bed.
I just love a man in uniform! I love them better out of it. After the 'fact,' I asked if he ever worked at Silom Central in Bangbox...er...Bangkok.
"Krabp...sell shoe."
Isn't it a small world?

July 14th, 2006, 18:21
Edith wrote :

Oh, baziel, how I adore you!... Although I often haven't the foggiest what you are saying I wouldn't miss it for the world! Please, tell me, what is the meaning of, 'go in your scalp'? Might it be in regards to a poo shampoo?...Rather like, but much more diplomatic than, that quaint old New York saying, "Go shit in your hat."

My dear Edith i adore you same same . I often haven't the foggiest what i am saying, i learn that from Smiles. Make my sayings they can turn in many directions. Good fun if a reply. :clown:

' go in your scalp !

"Go shit in your hat."

You very close to my point dear Edith. :cheers: