PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya bars - a review

poshglasgow
February 22nd, 2017, 03:56
Just returned from a few days in Pattaya, my 30th trip since 1993 and still I return, whilst claiming at the end of each visit that I shall venture further afield in South East Asia and give Pattaya a rest. However, there is some magnetic charm about ‘Patts’ that entices you back year after year, despite being hellishly irritated by the usual things which have always, eh, hellishly irritated us: trying to cross Beach and Second Roads, bloody annoying mamasams (don't you just hate them?)and being levered by drivers' wives into the back of their husbands' baht buses outside smart school 8, bound for Jomtien.
"Christ, woman, there's sixty four of us aboard already, can we get going now?"
"Move up, move up, only eight more. Go soon, no problem. Hey, why that poom-poo-ee farang stop breathing?"

I recall how, from the old wooden pier adjacent to the infamous Siren Bar, above which was a memorable neon Marilyn Monroe with her skirt up around her eyes, I would cast a few coins into the sea and wish to return - which I did, and then wish I hadn't, feeling that I had wasted money with which I could have visited Siem Reap or Saigon. Every bloody year it's the same mantra: “Right, I've done the Pattaya thing, that's it; from now on it's Skegness or Loch Ness." And then, after a few moments madness, I book a flight to Thailand!

Oh, incidentally, many thanks for the nudge about the Pattaya Beer Bar. It was jumping every night and it is indeed a fine place for a sundowner.

In the earlier years I would stay at Dudley's Penthouse - now some kind of 'cattery', for it advertises kittens (I’ve seen the notice outside): a veritable hunting ground these days for the straight clientele destined to treat their dish of the day to an array of toys and apparatus in rooms adorned with mirrors, poles (not from Poland), swings and dance podiums. Do these people ever make it to bed or do they eventually fall asleep on their swings, drop off and fracture an arm? Incidentally, Dudley is a great guy: very inclusive, very old-school English and gay-friendly, but I could not bring myself to use the Penthouse after about the year 2000, as it had become so straight-orientated with an array of heavily tattooed Neanderthals bearing clubs carrying Thai kittens to the playrooms: probably seriously homophobic with few exceptions. Imagine wading through that spectacle of humanity with a young chap on your arm straight from Kawaii Boys?
“This ain’t a place for poofters so best you sling yer ‘ook and head for the hills.”
Maybe they’d be quite unlike that and rather more the welcoming sort.
“Me and my kitten, Yupin, yeah, would like to invite you both to share a little nightcap, and a push on our bedroom swing.”

Okay, enough reminiscing.

Sunee Plaza. Oh my God, it's depressing; year-on-year it gets worse. I don't know about you, but as I wander the Plaza and Boyztown (in the old days of Ian and Robbie at Cafe Royale, and Jim and Gordon at the Ambiance it was "Boystown" and not "Boyztown"), I am accompanied by a hundred whispering ghosts reminding me of when Sunee was vibrant with bars and clubs a-plenty. Memories reach out and claw at you as you pass former venues, now closed, that were so much fun to visit in its heyday. Now, I hear only rumours of its imminent demise and some plans for its development. It’s like walking through the tragedy that is East Aleppo: there are some comparisons.
The Corner Bar changes not one bit, with Mama Pai picking away at chicken behind the bar while her son, Joy, runs around delivering drinks. Okay, strolls around delivering the occasional drink.

And speaking of the Cafe Royale, what on earth have they done to the place? I loved it the way it was. One would enter the bar to find the rotund Ian screaming, "FISH! FISH! FISH!" because a woman had dared to enter the bar to sit and ogle at the young male pianist at the grand piano.
"Come on, darling, what colour are they?" he would ask in a voice not unlike that of Phil Mitchell in Eastenders, as a lithesome waiter wandered past him delivering drinks in his pink shirt and tight white shorts.
"Blue," came the obedient, hushed reply.
Ian would sit up on his bar stool and take interest. "Well come them, darling, let's have look."
And the inspection would take place amid the madding crowd.

Oh, and don't get me started on mamasams. The ultimate she-bitch from hell lurks in the dark recesses of Cupidol. One would hang a photo of her above the open fire in a pub to deter children from going to close to it. I had encountered this ladyboy/woman (not sure - 'up to you') on both my visits last year. Jesus, she is the most irritating creature I have ever encountered in my many years visiting Pattaya bars. She takes the crown. BUT...now she has given birth or self-mutated, or a part of her has fallen off in the dark and has lain unnoticed growing into another mamasam, bearing an uncanny resemblance to the shorter queen of annoyance. There are now two bloody mamasams in Cupidol.
The bitch herself hits on you as soon as you enter Twinky Palace. She slides herself over to you and buries herself into your waist, taking your arm and stroking your hand.
"What number?"
"I've only just arrived, can I order a drink?"
"Number twenty, he smoke you good. Number four, he do everything."
Then her bloody annoying offshoot arrives and she spins around with her right arm outstretched like a magician's assistant, as she 'presents' the goods on stage. She smiles broadly but doesn't speak. Indeed, there's something of the mad house about her; locked for years in a short-time room in the old premises, she has suddenly been released into the community.

I must take a break here. I will return tomorrow to continue the report.

colmx
February 22nd, 2017, 04:25
Oh, incidentally, many thanks for the nudge about the Pattaya Beer Bar. It was jumping every night and it is indeed a fine place for a sundowner.

I presume you mean Pattaya Beer Garden? Glad you liked there... I will let my BF know you approved it!

The ultimate she-bitch from hell lurks in the dark recesses of Cupidol.

Not sure which of the mamasans you are referring to... But I have known Em for years(he used to own Nok Nok and ran Sawatdee boys and MicMy in the past) and I find him ok.

Although opinions on him can be quite polarizing... Note I call Em a "he" as for me he will always be the guy in hip hop clothes I remember from years ago!

One thing for sure is he knows how to recruit cute guys, cupidol definitely has the best collection of twinky boys in Pattaya at the moment... and he also knows to create an atmosphere in a bar (of course atmosphere can again be polarizing - but I prefer a bit of boister to the staid coldness of some of the bars!)

bobsaigon2
February 22nd, 2017, 07:49
Poshglasgow: A beautifully written post. Rather a bit too literary to be confined to SGT. Deserves a wider audience.

arsenal
February 22nd, 2017, 08:14
Yes. A fantastic combination of memories past and experiences now. Thanks Poshglasgow.

fountainhall
February 22nd, 2017, 08:58
Wonderful writing, poshglasgow! A quality of prose rarely seen here. Do please post more often.

Doug
February 22nd, 2017, 21:15
Can't wait for the next installment.

poshglasgow
February 23rd, 2017, 03:04
There was the most incredible dancer in Throb, circa 2003/2004, called 'Art' with whom I very nearly fell in love. That's a lie, I did fall in love with him. He had the most beautiful face and bleached hair, and his dancing prowess was that of a gracious adonis. When I called him over to sit with me after the show on my first encounter with him I felt that I had effected the most beautiful, valuable catch in the whole of the local gay community that evening, until (cue the opening bars of the music for Jaws) a wealthy, colossal German entered the bar with an entourage of pallbearers, punkhawallas, petal scatterers, trumpeters, minders and half a football team of young Thai men hanging on his arms. Suddenly this man became the focus of attention and Art mumbled something about returning later and moved off to join the German's party. I did, however, meet up with Art on many occasions after that night. And then a year later - come on we've all experienced this one - I arrived into Don Muang(as one did in those days)eager to beat a path to the door of Throb to find Art and pick up where we had left off, but he had gone.
"Gone where?" I asked the mamasan.
"Not sure, I think he go with German man."
"Which German man?"
"Not sure."
And then one of the other waiters approached with some good and some bad news. This is a waiter who eventually went to Dream Boys and one whom I had always tipped well when at Throb. He massaged my neck and arms with great care and precision, and although not attractive he was attentive and professional.
"Art, he go new bar: Happy Place. He manager."
I left Throb and went immediately to Pattayaland Soi 2 and straight into Happy Place (I think I've got the correct name of the now empty bar which stands next to a restaurant which, in those days, I think was called the New Orleans). Art was there. We picked up where we left off and spent some quality time together. I returned to the UK to make some more money to re-visit. Six months later, I was back in Pattaya to see Art. I was becoming besotted: hooked. Was this what love felt like? I entered Happy Place.
"Art, not work here now."
"Christ, not again. Where he go? Why he go?" I'm in Pattaya five minutes and already I'm speaking like a five-year-old on the verge of a tantrum at the check-out!
"I don't know, I think he go back home."
He consulted one of the other waiters and returned with more news - dreadful news; ghastly news; the worst sort of news short of death by motorcycle!
"Art, he now manager in XXXXX," and he told me the name of a well-known girlie bar in Pattayaland Soi 2.
"Eh?"
"He manager."
"A girlie bar?"
"Sure."
I froze. In a little under five minutes I would enter one of the most vibrant, heel-kicking, Ping-Pong ball-popping, dart-firing girlie bars in South East Asia: no, in the world! Would I survive? The prospect filled me with fear and trepidation. What if a girl were to jump from the stage onto my face? How am I going to deal with an environment which had never held the slightest fascination for me?

Art was there. He was moving around the stage much as a shepherd does near the sheep pen in the final moments of the sheepdog's triumph, and it was some time before he saw me. I was spellbound. I had never seen so many naked tits in my life, and I had a sudden irrational fear that one of the girls would creep up behind me and shove her tit in my mouth! God knows why that thought pervaded my entire psyche at that moment. The last time I had a tit in my mouth was when I was six months old and even then I had to share it with a man who smoked sixty gold flake a day!

Art and I lost touch some years ago. He went for a time to a bar in Soi Twilight and from there to Germany (quelle surprise). The last I heard was that he had returned to Patts, bought a motorbike with a 'mobile kitchen' attached to it and had a patch somewhere near Second Road. I couldn't help thinking that the versatility and speed of his wrists were going to be bloody useful when attacking the wok!

Last week, I drank enough beer to give me enough courage to venture into Eros. My God, how long has the tall blond worked that bar now I wonder? With a skip onto the podium and a flick of the loin cloth he's up in front of your face. Like sharks, the rest of the shoal swim over to circle the new Farang; the scent of the wallet so strong that it attracts them from miles around. I smile politely and avoid eye contact. And then, thank God, and on cue in comes the big fellow with the sticks, white shin-length socks and a hair do not unlike Trump's. He's been on the circuit a few years. He sits down opposite the door and Wham!! They're on him. It's like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. He's covered in boys! They're on his lap, they're at his back, two on the floor: every available seat around his is taken by them. I sit alone, look around me and then I focus, nostalgically, on the curtain which conceals an area where once, on a previous visit, I was led by an enthusiastic host to a couch.

Maybe a few more lines tomorrow, gentlemen? I don’t want to over-stay my welcome.

TaoR
February 23rd, 2017, 03:51
LOVE is a great thing isn't it! It can get you to do things you never once imagined yourself doing.....crawl in some strange places just because of a flicker of love! :)

poshglasgow
February 23rd, 2017, 03:58
Indeed Colmx, it was the Pattaya Beer Garden. It was buzzing with life. Great to see a venue doing so well. Many thanks.

bobsaigon2
February 23rd, 2017, 06:34
Thanks again, poshglasgow. Another beautifully written post.

So many of us wind up fixating on a particular boy. If we are lucky, he eventually disappears and we can get on with our lives. If we are unlucky, he remains available and we enter a phase of frustration, jealousy and disappointment in our lack of good sense. There is really no need to fixate. If an Art 1 leaves the scene, there will always be an Art 2, Art 3....

arsenal
February 23rd, 2017, 12:21
The part about Eros. Wonderful.

gerefan2
February 23rd, 2017, 18:25
Thank you for those posts poshglasgow....you Scottish guys can really write well!

poshglasgow
February 24th, 2017, 04:01
Thank you everyone for the kind comments, but I get as much pleasure from writing these few lines as some of you are getting from reading them; it brings back great memories for many of us.

Now, everyone needs a Nana! In Scotland it’s a term of endearment usually reserved for grandmothers. In Pattaya, Nana lives at Panorama, next door to Twinkie Palace (Cupidol). I always pay Nana a visit in the early evening when I’m in Pattaya, and Nana, complete with black polo shirt and sensible glasses welcomes his regulars like long-lost friends before leading them willingly into a Goss-Fest like no other. Nana loves a bit of gossip and if Nana doesn’t know what’s going on in Boyztown in terms of who’s doing what to whom and how often then it’s not worth knowing. He scans the soi like an owl and nothing misses his attention. My God, you should have seen the look he gave me when I stopped off at Serene Bar, next door, to chat with the skinny flirtatious Max (who told me last week that he once worked in Sunee). I waved at Nana to indicate that all was well and that he would be my next port of call on my extensive itinerary. I was forgiven.

How many, like me, are amazed at, and often worried by, the superb memories of Thais.
“I look you before; I see you Jomtiem.”
“When?”
“Last year I see you - with dog.”
Rather harsh, I thought, given that I am not in the habit of choosing ugly companions.
And then he proves it by describing the afternoon I tripped backwards over a sleeping dog behind the deckchairs and he helped me to my feet, while laughing hysterically.

Talking of Jomtien, are you aware that there are snakes in the trees above the deckchairs in the gay stretch? Yes, seriously. Now, I’m not sure whether these small green serpents are dangerous or not, but strolling from the Pattaya Park swimming area towards the Police station, passing the ‘area’ with our deckchairs, I saw a ‘stick’ fall from one of the trees a little way ahead of me. The stick moved and then took off towards the deckchairs. A large Thai lady let out a shout, grabbed a brush and pursued it before it shot under a stack of redundant deckchairs. Word got around quickly, and soon a number of resting farang had leapt onto their chairs, while the search continued. The terrified reptile remained deep under the stack of chairs. Soon, everyone lost interest and went back to cooking, massaging, flirting, selling DVDs and themselves. The farang were reluctant to place their feet back on the sand, some sitting hunched for some time like gargoyles on Notre Dame Cathedral.

Pattaya Park, a welcome break from the beach, serves as an excellent sun trap, but oh dear, I recall the tragic drowning of fifteen-year-old British boy about eight years ago. It was a terrible story. He had lost his sunglasses in the water and fearing they had gone through one of the large square filtration holes, at the foot of the pool, protected by an iron grill, he dived down, lifted the grill and was sucked into the pool’s filtration unit. They found his body, in the presence of his desperate father, in the pump house. British dad and Thai mum, all on holiday from the west of England. Tragic; I could have cried when I read that. I often think of the story when I am in the region.

Do remember the old days of the Copa when the bar was managed by Kevin, the chap with throat cancer (not sure if he survived it), and the show was one of the best in the area by far? Boys not Katoeys was the slogan, and there wasn’t a drag queen of the lip-sync variety anywhere on the programme. Hooray!!!!! There were a couple of very amusing acts: one in which a wild, energetic boy dressed as a dog bounded through the club and ‘humped’ various guests. Another excellent act was the ‘Sister Act’ number: I will follow him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPpd-6X3tEo
I have yet to find a show in Patts where there are no drag queens of the lip-sync variety: can’t bear them: they have the same effect on me as clowns outside a children’s playground. If anyone knows of a bar where only the boys dance and perform, without unwelcome interruptions from some Danny La Rue lookalikes dripping in sequins, wigs like Marge Simpson, clockwork, trembling mouths bearing the most outrageous trout-pouts and with their cocks pulled backwords and inserted into their anuses to form a not very convincing camel toe, then do please let me know for my next visit.

arsenal
February 24th, 2017, 11:25
These are awesome posts Poshglasgow. But I see X-boys looking tired and 360' bar not getting going and Funny Boys closing and I see Boyztown going the same way as Sunee.

However I would add that for the moment, Pattaya is very well stocked with lots of handsome and willing boys both gay and straight.

scottish-guy
February 24th, 2017, 15:54
Although I fail to see the comparison between the glamorous and talented Danny La Rue (who always sang live) and the low-rent lip-synchers of Pattaya, the fact is that PoshGlasgow must surely be in line for some literary award......

.....the Hooker Prize maybe?

:p

Jellybean
February 24th, 2017, 17:13
. . . PoshGlasgow must surely be in line for some literary award . . . :p

. . . Or, the Nob Prize in Literature, perhaps? I can’t recall the last time I saw such fine writing on the forum. Yes, very impressive, poshglasgow. I do believe you are going to be a very welcome member of our small band of brothers.

;)

arsenal
February 24th, 2017, 18:44
Not really relevant but nowhere else to post it

I had a very Thai day today. I got caught in the torrential rain and thunder near Sriracha. The journey back (on a motorbike) involved riding through over a foot of ukky water, discussing with fellow travellers the best way to go, long detours to avoid flooded Sukumvhit, Thais standing shotgun in case a bike got stuck, following in convoy the only guy who knew the way and getting pretty wet while being scared of being struck by lightening. What a hoot.

a447
February 24th, 2017, 20:36
I can’t recall the last time I saw such fine writing on the forum. Yes, very impressive,

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

scottish-guy
February 24th, 2017, 21:38
I know he's a right cheeky cunt isn't he

:beee:

Jellybean
February 25th, 2017, 11:28
Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Oh dear! Yes, I see. My intention was to praise poshglasgow for his fine writing style and not to criticise other members. My Bad! As a punishment, I shall self flagellate later today. :)

But fear not a447, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your writing style, which is pretty unique and requires no further improvement. Mine on the other hand, well yes, as a primary school teacher once said in my annual report card, “Could do better”, and that still applies today.

I know he's a right cheeky [expletive deleted] isn't he

:beee:

Oh my goodness! Such unparliamentary language, such profanity scottish-guy. I’m shocked to the core. In fact, my core has never been so shocked.

Well, it is perfectly clear to me you’re not from the posh side of Glasgow, that’s for sure, not with such a potty mouth.

;)

a447
February 25th, 2017, 13:37
After reading poshglasgow's (can "posh" and "glasgow" be mentioned in the same sentence, let alone the same word?) posts, I'm now reluctant to post my own tales of lust in LOS! I mean, how do I follow that??
Posting here will never be the same again! Lol

Superb style, poshglasgow. I loved every word.

.BTW, the story of the boy who drowned is very sad indeed.

scottish-guy
February 25th, 2017, 15:49
..it is perfectly clear to me you’re not from the posh side of Glasgow....

Im struggling to acknowledge (as a447 suggests) that there's a posh side of Glasgow at all. The two most expensive areas are technically outside Glasgow City which only leaves Kelvinside where the people are not so much posh as "aw fur coat and nae knickers".

The only time the elderly queens of that area travel Port Out and Starboard Home is on the bus with their concession ticket after a soujourn to Miss Cranston's for tea & scones..... and banter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkhtpYIRHAU

fountainhall
February 25th, 2017, 16:38
That sounded amusing. May we now have the translation? :D

Jellybean
February 25th, 2017, 17:07
Im struggling to acknowledge (as a447 suggests) that there's a posh side of Glasgow at all. The two most expensive areas are technically outside Glasgow City which only leaves Kelvinside where the people are not so much posh as "aw fur coat and nae knickers" . . .

Well, scottish-guy, strangely enough, I was thinking exactly the same thing myself. But after your comment, in reaction to my post at number #16, I was, understandably, reluctant to voice my thoughts on the forum.

God alone knows what a torrent of abuse I might have received. The only thing worse I can think of is something I heard the Scottish gay comedian, Craig Hill, say at a show at the Edinburgh Festival. And that was to call someone, er, em, . . . forgive me, members of a delicate constitution, and do remember I am quoting . . . “Hey you! CuntyMcFuck!”

:mocking_mini:

poshglasgow
February 26th, 2017, 00:20
Thank you for the kind comments. I am glad that many of you have enjoyed walking with me among some of the ghosts of Pattaya.

Let me reciprocate the compliment. I admire the writing skills of many on this board, particularly (and please understand that this is not a case of the Scots sticking together) Scottish-Guy. I have read many of his posts and enjoyed them immensely – as I have the posts of many of you. What I find slightly disturbing and upsetting are the spats that break out between members but it is great to see some sensible intervention by members and the administrator to cool things down. God knows that at some time in our lives as gay men we have had to overcome attacks and marginalisation from many quarters, without attacking each other at this stage in our lives.

Now, the question was asked: is there are a posh area of Glasgow. Well, when I was born in the city in the early fifties in the Kelvinside area in the West it was indeed a most beautiful area and I’m please to say that many parts of the West End have retained some startling architectural features.

Something completely different. I have been reading the posts about the Daily Mirror’s (not a rag that I read) proclamation that Pattaya is ‘sin city’. What I think we have to watch is the possible fallout - the authority’s reaction to what they perceive to be international bad press. We don’t want them to over-react and carpet bomb areas of the city to clean it up. It is what it is! But there was nothing new in that report and there are so many fine tourist attractions in this great country that talk of prostitutes is not going to harm the tourist trade one bit. One post that I read mentioned the devastating effect of cleansing the city of its ubiquitous nightlife with so many Thai nationals depending on it for their income – much of which is sent back home to the farms and rice fields.

I think the Mirror is doing what the News of the World did for years before its welcome demise: paint Pattaya and Thailand in the worst possible light ever. In so doing - and this is the paradox – it stirred a curiosity among thousands of its readers, inadvertently increasing the number of people who wanted to visit the city!! So, in a way, it was great for tourism. Let them write what they like but we have to watch for any over-reaction which could lead to a gradual dismantling of the Pattaya that we all know and love.

We’ve all been down this road before with the newspaper features on the Sunee Plaza and Royal Garden Plaza of yesteryear. But that sleeze moved on somewhere else a long time ago. I see no sign now, whatsoever, of the issues that once haunted certain areas of the city, and I am quite convinced that the world now has that message too.
Let them write about girlie bars and Walking Street: who gives a damn? My own view? Things are not going to change very much any time soon.

werner
February 26th, 2017, 15:28
Poshglasgow,
You write so well. English is my third language, and I have learned so much about writing from reading your posts.

Please also write about the Bangkok scene.

I look forward to your future posts.

MiniMee
February 26th, 2017, 16:26
I have been reading the posts about the Daily Mirror’s … proclamation that Pattaya is ‘sin city’. ……there are so many fine tourist attractions in this great country that talk of prostitutes is not going to harm the tourist trade one bit.

I find that to be a very naïve statement. Most tourists who do indeed visit this ‘great county’ for the ‘many fine tourist attractions’ usually keep well clear of Pattaya, for the very reason of it’s reputation of Sin City. That is what the current government is trying to change.

Hundreds of thousands of Chinese Tourists are starting to travel across Asia and, in the coming years, there are likely to be similar numbers of similarly wealthy Indian tourists. The vast majority of these people are seeking family-orientated experiences and are not sex-tourists intent on spending their Yuan or Rupee in Sunee Plaza or Walking Street.

I think the Mirror is …[tying to] ….paint Pattaya and Thailand in the worst possible light ever. In so doing - and this is the paradox – it stirred a curiosity among thousands of its readers, inadvertently increasing the number of people who wanted to visit the city!! So, in a way, it was great for tourism.

Another very naïve statement: A few thousand Mirror readers from the UK, whose curiosity is piqued by such titivating articles, will make no difference, one way or other to Pattaya’s tourism industry.

We’ve all been down this road before with the newspaper features on the Sunee Plaza and Royal Garden Plaza of yesteryear. But that sleeze moved on somewhere else a long time ago. I see no sign now, whatsoever, of the issues that once haunted certain areas of the city, and I am quite convinced that the world now has that message too.

Naïve statement #3: The world’s perception of Pattaya is still exactly as those articles from yesteryear portrayed it. Most tourists looking for a great location for a family holiday will not be satisfied by the precise age of a sex-worker on an ID card, As long as there are bars with young boys and girls on stage in their underwear, even if they all turned 18 last week, the majority of tourists will go elsewhere.

Let them write about girlie bars and Walking Street: who gives a damn? My own view? Things are not going to change very much any time soon.

Don’t look now dear, but that was #4: Most other posters on this forum suggest that things have already changed a lot and that the rate of change is increasing…..

poshglasgow
February 26th, 2017, 17:10
Most kind of you to say so Werner. Good luck with your language studies and continued progress in English.

frequent
February 27th, 2017, 11:25
Most tourists who do indeed visit this ‘great county’ for the ‘many fine tourist attractions’ usually keep well clear of Pattaya

I'd have thought many people do indeed think of Pattaya as a great county but I fear you've got one too many vowels there

francois
February 27th, 2017, 18:22
Cunny or cunty?

latintopxxx
February 28th, 2017, 01:35
a bit belated...but poshglasgow u most certainly have a way with words..have reread your posts several times and am still able to break out into a fit of giggles every time. As for falling in love...am afraid that Im more the total butterfly type..once I've had him I just want something new...will do seconds but maybe on the next visit.

poshglasgow
March 1st, 2017, 02:44
Many thanks, Latin, for the kind words.

MiniMee
March 1st, 2017, 13:27
..have reread your post several times and am still able to break out into a fit of giggles every time.

Yes! Me too. Teeeheehee.

poshglasgow
March 3rd, 2017, 03:57
Forgive me, this sudden posting lark will not become a habit, but after a day during which I write for hours in front of a screen I find it incredibly relaxing to come off task and throw my mind six thousand miles over to Pattaya to re-live the past: if only for a few minutes.

Scotty, I’ve been visiting Thailand for nearly thirty years and would love to have seen the poodle on the motorcycle at least once (as the say in Edinburgh, “What a sight!”) I’m sorry I missed it but it must have been quite extraordinary. Mind you, when you see a whole family - including monkey - perched upon a single moped plodding along Sukhumvit I dare say few eyes would have turned at the sight of a poodle on a motorcycle (sounds like the title to the sequel of Paula Hawkins' ‘Girl on a Train’).

I’m still reeling from the disparaging remarks aimed at the gay clientele that I heard in that awful straight bar near the Cattery. The one thing of which I am sure is that the gay community possess a level of intelligence and social decorum that these Neanderthals can only dream of achieving. There is no doubt that in every evil, blasphemous, homophobic diatribe there is jealousy at the root of their dissatisfaction. Some of the most creative, successful, inspirational, charismatic people that ever walked this planet were/are gay; things haven’t changed. Even while listening to those clinging for dear life to the few brain cells that remain after years of thrashing around in the Sea of Singha, I was consoled by the thought that we are, in many quarters, a much-admired community. Yes, of course, we are occasionally let down by a few who embarrass themselves and others but on the whole we are a smart lot and we do attract a degree of jealousy.

I was sitting here in the south of England this evening reading the post of another member when my mind was suddenly transported back years ago to some of the shows that I recall in Pattaya and thinking – with a measure of nostalgia – about the ways in which they have been reeled in. I can still see quite vividly the young men pulling yards, nay furlongs, nay miles of coloured tape from their arses and wrapping them around the chrome poles upon which amazing nocturnal gymnastics were performed at some stage during the evening. There were guys squatting and laying a series of eggs, intact, onto plates; there was much sloshing of soap around the place; there was the drizzling of candle wax over flesh to the accompanying music of Officium, with its haunting saxophone motif creating a fourth dimension to the dimly lit proceedings.

I must share something with you. One evening, many years ago, in Throb, I was pulled, as many customers were in those days, onto the stage, and shoved on my back, in a mock attack. I was rolled around a little and then escorted back to my seat in the front row. After a while, I began to notice the most obnoxious smell. It wouldn’t go away. It followed me to the toilet and followed me back again. I looked around me and then slowly, surreptitiously, began to sniff at my armsand hands. I had only an hour beforehand showered in my room at the Ambiance and put on a fresh shirt. When I came in I smelt of Givenchy Gentlemen. On the way out I smelt like a Turkish Oil wrestler’s jockstrap. It couldn’t possibly be me. I am fastidiously clean and care very much about personal hygiene, but it was all pervading: a veritable assault upon the senses. What the fuck was it? Was I rotting from within? Was this God’s revenge for the excesses of the previous evening? I could stand it no more so I went back to my room and took off my shirt. It was the shirt! The shirt stank. To be precise, the back of the shirt stank, where I had been rolled about on the podium upon which thirty pairs of sweaty feet had danced, jumped, jived and stamped all evening. Foot sweat with, I have no doubt, a good measure of semi-dried jissum mixed into the equation, and the essence of the oily mop used to swab the podium after a cum show! That was exactly what it was: the smell of dirty feet, plus ingredients, and to this day when I’m sitting in a go-go bar watching the dancers in their bare feet I am transported back to that fateful night!

Nirish guy
March 3rd, 2017, 04:19
Be careful as some on here might ask "would you still have that shirt by any chance and if so I'll give you £20 for it!" lol ( and no that's NOT an offer just to be clear ! :-)

colmx
March 3rd, 2017, 04:42
. I can still see quite vividly the young men pulling yards, nay furlongs, nay miles of coloured tape from their arses and wrapping them around the chrome poles upon which amazing nocturnal gymnastics were performed at some stage during the evening. There were guys squatting and laying a series of eggs, intact, onto plates; there was much sloshing of soap around the place; there was the drizzling of candle wax over flesh to the accompanying music of Officium, with its haunting saxophone motif creating a fourth dimension to the dimly lit proceedings.

you missed out on the old show the guy pouring a bottle of Fanta up his ass... and then moments later emptying what appeared to be coke back into a coke bottle!

And of course the dart show... which my BF used to refer to as the fart show! And always wait outside until it was done!

I have never heard of Officium, even a google of the music doesn't sound familiar... I always thought that the mandatory music for gogo shows came from enigma!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OpBBzHCSgI

fountainhall
March 3rd, 2017, 09:34
I can still see quite vividly the young men pulling yards, nay furlongs, nay miles of coloured tape from their arses
Goodness, I had completely forgotten that this was common in most of the go-go bar shows in Bangkok as well. I don't recall any eggs, though! I trust they were hard-boiled and of the quail variety!

I have never heard of Officium
It was a hugely popular CD released in 1994 by the Norwegian saxophonist Jan Garbarek along with a quartet of classical singers, the Hilliard Ensemble. Hauntingly beautiful. It was almost as common for a while as John Williams' opening music for Star Wars which always introduced the start of go-go bar shows. It sometimes accompanied the slow sensuous soap bubble on naked bodies routine in the shows. Much classier in those days!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmPOfaOx1U

Nirish guy
March 3rd, 2017, 16:07
I always thought that the mandatory music for gogo shows came from enigma!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OpBBzHCSgI

Awwww that brought me right back, I could almost smell the candle wax dripping on the guys chest and arms as that music played there ! :-)

Oliver
March 3rd, 2017, 17:14
The arse- trumpeting ladyboy in Thai Boys Bar was the most unfrogettable coup de theatre I've seen in Thailand. She squatted down, a kids' toy trumpet was laid next to her voluinous backside and...out it came. Not Dizzy Gillepsie, of course, but a painful squeaking sound. It was in F sharp major, I think.
This marvel then proceeded to shoot darts from her anus at ballooons. Her aim was surprisingly good. Fortunately so, since the bar was very busy. News had travelled fast that she was to perform.

fountainhall
March 3rd, 2017, 20:55
F sharp major would be quite some feat on a toy trumpet probably tuned to C major! :yahoo_mini:

Josan
March 3rd, 2017, 22:42
Awwww that brought me right back, I could almost smell the candle wax dripping on the guys chest and arms as that music played there ! :-)

O'Yes! Memories of a past active gay scene in Chiang Mai, wild and crazy Pukett, lost for two weeks in Pattaya, and never leaving BKK!

Nirish guy
March 4th, 2017, 04:16
F sharp major would be quite some feat on a toy trumpet probably tuned to C major! :yahoo_mini:

I was wondering more how an instrument that only plays one note at a time and I assume based on the players ability has a full range of note options can be described as major or minor in the first place ?

poshglasgow
March 4th, 2017, 04:31

You are abolutely right Nirish guy! It was indeed Inigma. Every go-go bar seemed to be hooked on that melody while the lads within poured hot wax over each other, swaying back and forth in slow motion. Officium, as Fountainhall states, was used in a variety of other shows in Patts.

Colmx: My God, Fanta up the arse and coke out? Has it been patented? I have never seen this trick. A human vending machine? I have to confess that it took me some time to work out that those pulling miles of coloured tape out of their glory holes were in fact pulling the tape from an egg-shaped receptacle (full of miles of the stuff) lodged within their rectums.

Oliver: Incredible: I never saw that and regret it. It must have been marvellous. Was the trumpet 'volutary'?
In one of my previous posts I mentioned my unease at finding myself in the Cattery looking for my boyfriend, Art, who had assumed the post of manager in the Kitten Club (something I will never get over). I was terrified that the girls might start firing darts in my direction, having first immersed them deep within their psyches!!!

Everything is so bloody tame now. I am not a fan of the shows on the circuit currently. I cannot abide ladyboys lip-synching. The boys, wearing straw boaters, morning coats and canes(sounds like Harrow and Eton at morning registration), move hypnotically around the stage before parting in the middle, arms sweeping to the left to welcome, from the wings, yes, you've guessed it...... another bloody ladyboy, and my heart sinks.

Throb, circa 2000 Boys - not katoeys!
Most sensible.

colmx
March 4th, 2017, 05:53
Throb, circa 2000 Boys - not katoeys!
Most sensible.

My BF (now been together 14 years.. yikes!) was working in Throb back then... I remember taking a fancy to him and being warned off him by one of my regulars at the time...

I often wonder what might have happened if we had hooked up 2 years earlier... back then he was still straight/curious and spoke hardly any English... so to be honest I think the 2 additional years he worked in the bar did our relationship no harm... I'm just glad he never got involved in the trumpet/dart/fart shows!!

frequent
March 4th, 2017, 06:20
My BF (now been together 14 years.. yikes!)

"together"?

frequent
March 4th, 2017, 06:23
you missed out on the old show the guy pouring a bottle of Fanta up his ass... and then moments later emptying what appeared to be coke back into a coke bottle!
Sounds like the (true) story of the comedian Barry Humphries in the First Class cabin of an aircraft appearing to throw up into a sick bag and then eating the potato salad he had previously hidden there with evident enjoyment.

colmx
March 4th, 2017, 08:09
"together"?
Yes, at the time we got together I was 27 and he was 18... and we are still going strong (thanks!)

As for the Fanta to coke transformation... My magician spies tell me that the magic trick is:
-Orange Fanta is poured into condom full of "black powder"
-Same black powder changes the orange Fanta to black via some handstands
-Original condom funnels the newly coloured "coke" onto the coke bottle
-Coca Cola have nothing to do with the show and have paid no sponsorship!

BTW has anyone noticed that Coca Cola is being slowly but surely replaced by EST (Thai cola brand)... Apparently it costs only 2B less than coke... so the bars that use it must be REALLY short on cash!

frequent
March 4th, 2017, 08:22
Yes, at the time we got together I was 27 and he was 18... and we are still going strong (thanks!)
So you're both living together in Ireland?

Smiles
March 4th, 2017, 10:21
Originally Posted by colmx

I hadn't thought about 'these years' for sometime now Colmx, but can't help but reply to this one.

Lots of Sawatdee-ers here who have been posting 5, 8, 10 years or so, but Colmx is a true long-termer both in his love-life and his postings.
He doesn't over-post nowadays but he was wonderfully prolific back in the very early 2000's on PattayaGay and the original Sawatdee Forum. We watched his machinations on attempting to get his old man (I use that term hardly literally) his first Irish visa.
He, his boyfriend, me, my boyfriend got together once ~ the only time ~ on a drunken night at an outdoor Morlum concert in Pattaya (think crushing crowds and dusty venue) after which I endured, for 24 hours, the worst hangover ever. Although I was not a gogo/host bar scrounger, he and his, now Old Man, loved the stroll ... and gave it up in many a post regarding his boyfriend's 3-way experiments. (Alas, on hearing, my Old Man wanted precisely nothing to do with that, and I let it go. :cool:

But I beat him on one specific ~ is if it were a contest! ~ i.e. Suphot and I have shared this happy life here in Hua Hin (and Surin) with each other for 17 years now. And yes, we are still going strong.
On meeting, he was 31 and I was 52 ... bit of difference there. And now? Who cares.

If interested, here is difference between a Thai man who was 31 and now 48. (The first pic is a tad smudged. It's been in my wallet for 17 years! Taken at Wat Arun in Bangkok. In the bottom photo he's the guy with his hand on high. Taken in Surin last month.)

Nirish guy
March 4th, 2017, 19:09
So you're both living together in Ireland?

Why be such a cunt Frequent - you know exactly what Colmx means as being "with" someone doesn't just mean in the literal or physical sense but also the emotional and practical sense too - both of which Colmx is too.

Plus as he travels and spends more time in Thailand than probably any other farang visiting his bf and his bf has been to Ireland now several times and they no doubt talk to each other on an almost daily basis I'm sure then yes of COURSE they're together - probably more so even than some people who live in Pattaya but only choose to see their "bf" once a week or less even .........so, why try to split hairs and question otherwise....jealous that both of them have actually managed to find someone and stay together for that long maybe perhaps ??

colmx
March 4th, 2017, 20:20
Thanks Smiles and NIrish for your posts.
And to answer Frequent BF and I usually spend 14 weeks per year together (9 in SE Asia, 5 in Dublin) per annum and during that time we are pretty much 24/7 together. We are also in contact 3-4 times a day by FB video chat

Some of my work colleagues sees their GF/BFs once a week... so we doing better than them a least.

The first (only) time I met smiles was at a board gathering in Memories/Sunee. Can't remember the specifics but I think that the organizer of the drinks actually never turned up. I don remember GayButton being at the next table and an ex forum regular (TopJohn) was also at out table.

coincidentally the first and only time I met NIrishGuy we also met at a Morlam! We ended up in NAB that night,

Even more of a coincidence is that Nirish ended up taking a boy home.... who used to do the aforementioned "coloured string out of his ass" show in Tangmo, Phuket. Last I saw him he was one of the dancers in TingTong red show

colmx
March 4th, 2017, 20:58
A Throb memory for PoshGlasgow

(Found at: http://thairainbowarchive.anu.edu.au/commercial_2000s/thai_guys/contents.htm )

frequent
March 5th, 2017, 03:46
Why be such a cunt Frequent ... maybe perhaps ??

I do love a good rant

Nirish guy
March 5th, 2017, 06:42
I do love a good rant

And yet still the same question remains - why the need to try to pick holes in someone else's life / generally be a bit of a cunt to others for no apparent or obvious reason ? I just wondered what would make you think to be like that to others that's all - do feel free to enlighten us if you so wish as I'm sure we'd all love to know ?

PS calling someone out on being a bit of cunt isn't having a rant......it's just calling someone out on them being a bit of a cunt to others.

frequent
March 5th, 2017, 07:42
And yet still the same question remains - why the need to try to pick holes in someone else's life / generally be a bit of a cunt to others for no apparent or obvious reason ? I just wondered what would make you think to be like that to others that's all - do feel free to enlighten us if you so wish as I'm sure we'd all love to know ?

As I've often said before, if you want people to understand what you're saying (as opposed to guess what you mean) you need to take care in how you express yourself. Otherwise you're just showing your contempt for your audience (or revealing your own struggle with the English language).

christianpfc
March 5th, 2017, 16:09
...spend 14 weeks per year together (9 in SE Asia, 5 in Dublin) per annum...
"per year" and "per annum" means the same.

Frequent has my full support for asking about details of your relationship, I would do the same.

Nice thread so far, hope we can get back on track.

Nirish guy
March 5th, 2017, 17:20
Frequent has my full support for asking about details of your relationship, I would do the same.

Coming from the source that doesn't surprise me, however I would give you benefit of the doubt in that it's just you wondering "are they living together now" ( which Colmx never suggested and has posted MORE than enough info on that over the years for all of us to establish that from) Frequent was on the other hand ( imho) just being a bitter bitchy cunt and trying to split hairs and nothing he will say to deny that changes that ( imho). There's the difference perhaps.

Nirish guy
March 5th, 2017, 17:26
Even more of a coincidence is that Nirish ended up taking a boy home.... who used to do the aforementioned "coloured string out of his ass" show in Tangmo, Phuket. Last I saw him he was one of the dancers in TingTong red show

REALLY ? lol. Unfortunately with my lousy memory and perhaps more to be honest the sheer number of guys I'm been to Morlams with over the years ( he says subtly rather than putting it any other way :-) I'm now wrecking my brains to think just who that might have been now !? Unfortunately if was who i think they are sadly no longer with us, Damn, so there I missed the opportunity of a private show perhaps eh as I'm sure the same guy would happily showed off yet another one of his amazing talents for my in private and us laugh together at that as he did :-)

colmx
March 5th, 2017, 21:46
Unfortunately if was who i think they are sadly no longer with us, Damn, so there I missed the opportunity of a private show perhaps eh as I'm sure the same guy would happily showed off yet another one of his amazing talents

The guy you took home is still alive and well (or at least he was 3 weeks ago!)
Had you seen him do his show in Tangmo... You would never have brought him home with you!

Nirish guy
March 6th, 2017, 04:44
The guy you took home is still alive and well (or at least he was 3 weeks ago!)
Had you seen him do his show in Tangmo... You would never have brought him home with you!

Well that's good to hear at least (about the alive part) and as for not taking him home etc......well, I wouldn't necessarily be to sure about that as there's not much shocks or turns me, indeed I may just have added to his list with a few extra duties just for entertainments sake perhaps :-)

Do feel free to send me a PM with his name ( not that I'll remember him anyway I'm guessing as I'm a shockingly bad memory - I was going to say was that SENG then by any chance but have realised if not this conversation could go on a while lol) oh and also a quick resume of his "skills" so I can either decide NEVER to see him again ( doubtful) or be sure to book him for long LONG time next time, then take him as my BF and marry him forever after opening a circus in Pattaya with him as the main act ! lol

scottish-guy
March 6th, 2017, 14:50
I like the idea of NIrish opening a circus in Pattaya and wonder if, alongside the delights of various objects being inserted and pulled out of various rectums, there will there be pony riding too?

If so, there's an obvious candidate to join the NIrish troupe!

:p

arsenal
March 6th, 2017, 15:12
Who needs a circus? Just sit in one of the Boyztown beer bars and enjoy the frigging freak show that walks past.

Nirish guy
March 6th, 2017, 15:52
He he we're getting quite a show together already it seems !

So, we've got a boystown nightly freak show and a special ride em like a pony act plus I'll volunteeer to put on my performance of my usual Thailand multi gay app / multi boy / multi bar daily juggling acts that I am
required to undertake at great risk to my own life many times each evening during a trip. We'll maybe then find a few big hairy bears from Grindr along with a some special nightly trick performances from my as yet unrembered special multi talented friend oh and the obligatory candle hot wax acts ( music to be supplied by Colmx there of course) and all of this to be held once we go back to Grindr to find a big top that's also versatile and open to perform several times a night !

This is shaping up to be a great show, so, anyone else want to volunteer any acts to go on this amazing travelling roadshow circus perhaps ? I mean hell the Ladyboys of Bangkok show has been making a fortune touring The UK for years now, maybe it's about time the world had a " The seven wonders of Pattaya show" brought live to them - man I can almost hear P T Barnam kicking himself that HE didn't think of it first ! :-)

arsenal
March 6th, 2017, 17:40
I'll ride my motorbike as according to some members it's the most dangerous thing known to man. Just call me Daredevil Arsenal.

poshglasgow
March 7th, 2017, 02:04
He he we're getting quite a show together already it seems !

So, we've got a boystown nightly freak show and a special ride em like a pony act plus I'll volunteeer to put on my performance of my usual Thailand multi gay app / multi boy / multi bar daily juggling acts that I am
required to undertake at great risk to my own life many times each evening during a trip. We'll maybe then find a few big hairy bears from Grindr along with a some special nightly trick performances from my as yet unrembered special multi talented friend oh and the obligatory candle hot wax acts ( music to be supplied by Colmx there of course) and all of this to be held once we go back to Grindr to find a big top that's also versatile and open to perform several times a night !

This is shaping up to be a great show, so, anyone else want to volunteer any acts to go on this amazing travelling roadshow circus perhaps ? I mean hell the Ladyboys of Bangkok show has been making a fortune touring The UK for years now, maybe it's about time the world had a " The seven wonders of Pattaya show" brought live to them - man I can almost hear P T Barnam kicking himself that HE didn't think of it first ! :-)

Please send me a contract of employment Nirish to pass to a friend of mine anxious to join a circus and not averse to wooing audiences in Brighton's St. James's Street, by slowly doing the spilts over a bunsen burner whilst singing Great Balls of Fire.

poshglasgow
March 7th, 2017, 02:50
I heard an amusing, albeit distinctly distasteful, story last year from an ex-pat friend of mine living in Pattaya, so in an effort to lower the tone I thought I’d share it with you. It is a true story.

He informed me that he and a hirsute friend made a visit in the early nineties to a notorious go-go bar in Naklua (now defunct). This hairy chap was in the habit of twirling his moustache, rolling the fine hairs at the ends of it between his index fingers and thumbs, like a satisfied Spitfire pilot regaling others in the mess of his successful sortie. It was incessant: it went on from morning to night, twirl, twirl, twirl. He offered one of the lads on stage a drink by giving him the nod and soon they were sitting together. Before long, the hairy one’s fingers embarked on a spot of pot-holing, the recipient of his attention raising himself off the seat a little to accommodate the mining. The exercise over the lad was dispatched back to the stage and the twirling recommenced.

“I think we should go,” whispered the hirsute one.
“Why?”
“There’s a very odd smell in the bar.”
“I can’t smell it. What kind of smell?”
“The bar smells like shit. There must be a problem with the plumbing. The toilet’s probably out of order.”
“Are you kidding me? I can’t smell a thing.”
“Terrible. Dreadful smell of shit. Come on let’s get out of here.”
It was then my informant turned and looked directly at his friend and noticed that he was sporting a noticeable globule of shit attached to the side of his moustache!!

“Nurse, fetch the wire brush and Dettol!”

Nirish guy
March 7th, 2017, 03:21
in an effort to lower the tone I thought I’d share it with you.

Oh and there I thought we were already doing quite well enough doing that on our own......and then I read your tale - and yes, you absolutely succeeded ! Well done that man ! ha :-)

Oliver
March 7th, 2017, 14:37
"Be not deceived, for as ye sow, so shall ye reap.". (Ecclesiastes)

scottish-guy
March 7th, 2017, 15:35
"....And you've got a helluva lot of reaping to do!" (Hylda Baker, as Nellie Pledge)

Nirish guy
March 7th, 2017, 15:45
And lo a star appeared in the sky and three wise disciples appeared riding on an ass saying fear not as those who reap shall inherit the earth but will never be able thread a needle while riding on a camel but definitely might (or maybe it definitely wouldn't ?) inherit the kingdom of God. - oh and we'll all going to hell, except of of us who aren't, but I can't quite recall who they might be so all just assume you all are just to cover yourselves.

N.Irish Guy - whilst not listening as usual during RE classes (circa 1982.)

loke
March 11th, 2017, 02:08
I know a guy who has a Thai bf for many years but the bf is straight/bi and married to a Thai woman . Is this happening a lot ?

Nirish guy
March 11th, 2017, 04:32
I know a guy who has a Thai bf for many years but the bf is straight/bi and married to a Thai woman . Is this happening a lot ?

Yes - depending on what you mean by a lot perhaps a better phrase would be it's not THAT uncommon and has been so for as long as I and I'm sure many others are aware.

a447
March 11th, 2017, 08:26
Remember the scene outside Krazy Dragon? The wives, some of them cradling babies, would be waiting for their husbands who were busy shoving their cocks in the punters' faces, looking for an off.

As I go for straight guys, I'm aware that many (most) have girlfriends /wives but if it doesn't bother them, then it doesn't bother me. I'm after sex, not a relationship.

Growing up, I was constantly touched up on the trains in Tokyo, but I'm sure many of the guys were not gay, just curious. I mean, how many gay guys could there be in Tokyo? And did they all just happen to catch the trains I was on? No, the older ones were probably married. And their behaviour was not out in the open - at rush hour the trains are so packed you can't see what's going on.

But in Thailand it is out in the open because the way straight guys and their partners see gay sex is so different. It's a job. That's it. Get over it. That seems to be their attitude.

Those wives sitting outside Krazy Dragon would rather their husbands go off to a hotel and fuck a farang than to go home with them.

fountainhall
March 11th, 2017, 09:12
Those wives sitting outside Krazy Dragon would rather their husbands go off to a hotel and fuck a farang than to go home with them.
Better than their fucking another Thai woman, I'd reckon. Over the years I've seen a few very angry Thai women hammering into their husbands - and it ain't a pretty sight.

arsenal
March 11th, 2017, 13:34
Your average straight Thai go go boy can make you feel like you're the most beautiful person he's ever had sex with while telling you about his wife/girlfriend and kid(s). How fantastic is that. Out of 10 I'm giving it 11.

a447
March 11th, 2017, 14:04
A number of years ago I posted about a Scandinavian girl I met outside X-boys in Pattaya. Her Thai boyfriend was the top in the fucking show. My God, he was hung like a donkey. Just fucking huge! You can guess where he came from.

Talking to her, I asked her how she felt about her bf taking part in gay sex. Her reply was that she didn't mind, as long as nobody fucked him. Maybe that's how the wives think.

I asked her what she liked about him and her instant reply was: "Have you seen his cock?". Lol

AsDaRa
March 11th, 2017, 14:11
A female sex tourist in Pattaya. I knew they would exist.

a447
March 11th, 2017, 14:14
A female sex tourist in Pattaya. I knew they would exist.

And I also posted about 2 young American girls who were in Sunee looking for guys. Unfortunately, they were after very young guys but changed their minds when I told them the penalties.

They followed me into Eros and had a great time.

AsDaRa
March 11th, 2017, 14:33
American pedophile young women. But strange that they were so open to you about their pedophilia. Most keep it a secret. I hope they are in a Thai jail now.

And you know what: you (a male) can be searched when you return home from a country like Thailand, they can walk past customs because "women aren't sex tourists and certainly not pedophiles".

I wonder if women were searched as much as men, how great the number would be of women caught. I won't be surprised more women than men are pedophiles.

AsDaRa
March 11th, 2017, 14:42
Do you think female sex tourists in Pattaya when they see a hot hetero Thai guy, pay them the same we do? Or they can have fun with the guys for free? I wonder what the short time rate is for female Farang. If it is way below what we pay this is a human rights violation, discrimination based on once sex. Males should be treated equally compared to females. If female short time prize is 500 baht than male short time prize should also be 500 baht.

a447
March 11th, 2017, 14:44
They told me they travelled to find young guys. From memory,they talked about Mexico.

They showed no embarrassment at all in telling me of their taste in boys. They probably thought it was quite natural. They were shocked when I told them what the penalties in Thailand were.

I got the feeling they were lesbians, but maybe they were bi.

All way too wierd for me.

BTW, the Scandinavian girl appeared to be in a committed relationship with her guy. Maybe she started off as a sex tourist. I don't know.

And maybe she's just in a committed relationship with his cock. But it seemed to be more than that.

scottish-guy
March 11th, 2017, 15:51
Of course no-one condones such activity, but the simple reason there are so few convictions of females for sex with minors is that there are so few complaints.

If a younger teenage boy has sex with a middle aged woman he gets a feeling of accomplishment, a pat on the back from his mates, and asked when he's gonna fuck her again.

If he has sex with a middle aged guy he gets a feeling of guilt, told he's a victim of molestation, and that "something must be done"

AsDaRa
March 11th, 2017, 15:55
The reason there are so few convictions of females for sex with minors is that there are so few complaints.

If a teenage boy has sex with a middle aged woman he gets a feeling of accomplishment,a pat on the back from his mates, and asked when he's gonna fuck her again.

If he has sex with a middle aged guy he gets a feeling of guilt, told he's a victim and has been molested, and that "something must be done"

I agree. I hate the double standard. A gay man having sex with a gay boy of 16 out of free will is seen as a pedophile. A woman having sex with a hetero boy of 16 out of free will is not seen as a pedophile.

It is very common for women to feel sexually attracted to young teen boys. I have seen so many examples. It is so obvious. I think the majority of females is a pedophile. Where I use the definition of 'pedophilia' which also labels one a pedophile when you like 14 and older. I use this definition and not the scientifically correct one (which is when you like pre-teens, which only a very small percentage of humans do) because that modern definition of 'pedophilia' is also applied to men, then it is only fair to apply it also to females. In that modern definition of 'pedophilia' the majority of women is a pedophile.

Nirish guy
March 11th, 2017, 17:38
A woman having sex with a hetero boy of 16 out of free will is not seen as a pedophile.

Not exactly accurate as there are many cases of women being prosecuted for exactly that crime in that age group and yes being labelled at the time of the conviction as paedophiles / sex offenders.

scottish-guy
March 11th, 2017, 18:50
Many?

I believe (NSPCC figures from 2005) that females convicted of such crimes account for 5% of total convictions, and interestingly their sentences tend to be much much shorter.

A typical sentence for a female sex offender seems to be 2-3 years whereas for a male it seems to be 3 or 4 times that tariff

It's also interesting to note that 2/3rds of sex offences against children are carried out by under 18's

fountainhall
March 12th, 2017, 14:16
It's also interesting to note that 2/3rds of sex offences against children are carried out by under 18's
I assume you refer to official statistics. From what I have heard from Thai guys over the years, the number of instances of child rape here - girls and boys - by older family members seems pretty high.

scottish-guy
March 12th, 2017, 14:49
I was quoting UK statistics - wouldn't know where or how to find Thai statistics

arsenal
March 12th, 2017, 15:23
Considering the revelations about sexual abuse in the Catholic church, children's homes in The UK and now it seems Australia stretching back decades. Hard to imagine Thailands' record is worse than that. Especially if you remove the farang instigated crimes.

fountainhall
March 12th, 2017, 17:03
Considering the revelations about sexual abuse in the Catholic church, children's homes in The UK and now it seems Australia stretching back decades. Hard to imagine Thailands' record is worse than that. Especially if you remove the farang instigated crimes.

I am pretty sure the facts will show that Thailand is certainly no better. From the UNICEF 2014 "Report on Violence Against Children" -

Violence against children remains widespread in Thailand. In 2013, more than 19,000 children were treated at provincial hospitals due to abuse, about 70 per cent of them were treated for sexual abuse. In many cases, sexual abuse occurred at home by the children’s family members.
To my way of thinking, almost 13,500 children being victims of sexual abuse within the family in just one year is horrific. However, virtually every study concludes that reported cases of child sexual abuse is merely the tip of an ugly iceberg since most of the crimes go unreported. The fact that this number was no doubt underreported by goodness knows how many hundreds/thousands of percentage points makes it all the worse! One study estimates the number of reported cases at just 5% of actual cases.

And this from a 2008 Paper "Sexual Abuse in Thai Children: A Qualitative Study" by a psychiatrist at the Chukalongkorn University Faculty of Medicine -

. . .many reasons for nondisclosure such as being threatened, fear of disbelief, or causing the family trouble, cultural factors may play an important role. In dealing with adults most Thai children are less assertive compared to Western children. They are taught to respect adults and, in some way, respect means keeping silent. This attitude may inhibit them from voicing their needs. A study of sexual abuse in Britain found that South Asian children disclosed less frequently compared with the British cohort (17). Almost 40% of abuse in this sample was accidentally disclosed through the child’s physical problems observed by caretakers or doctors, and behavioral changes observed by teachers.

latintopxxx
March 13th, 2017, 02:46
what a depressing topic....raped at home :(

francois
March 13th, 2017, 14:21
Yes, depressing topic, especially for a review of Pattaya Bars.

loke
March 13th, 2017, 22:37
This topic is not on the right track :devilsh:

latintopxxx
March 15th, 2017, 14:40
but before we all get manically depressed....a447 did mention Mexico as these ladies favourite hunting ground...remember that in some south american countries the age of consent regardless of gender or sexuality is 14...Brazil being a case in point....maybe these ladies thought the same rules applied world wide

BOY69
March 15th, 2017, 23:28
Long time ago it was not an issue in Thailand at all but international pressure and some press scandals cause the Thai government to enforce new radical rules including banning of less than 21 years old to enter places that are selling alcohol !

latintopxxx
March 16th, 2017, 06:31
hae u ever observed a totally drunk Thai???....not pretty at all....in fact some turn very violent...maybe its a bit of a release...after all who on earth can smile so much non stop

FarangRuMak
March 17th, 2017, 14:59
I think that abuse of young boys by older women is the next big scandal if the media decides so. But it will not. A leading Australian feminist has published a book on the derth of opportunity that women get to drule over young male bodies in the media.
On a recent episode of America’s Got Talent three young teenagers performed, one of whom was a 14 year old boy.
One of the female judges immediately oggled him with the question “Why are you so cute, why do I like you already?” When the kids were leaving the stage she stood up and shouted twice “I want the boy!”
Can you imagine if a straight male judge behaved like that with one of the young girls?
What would happen if a gay judge spoke like this to the young boy?
The least that would happen would be a visit from a policeman immediately after the show.

fountainhall
March 17th, 2017, 17:41
One of the female judges immediately oggled him with the question “Why are you so cute, why do I like you already?” When the kids were leaving the stage she stood up and shouted twice “I want the boy!”
Can you imagine if a straight male judge behaved like that with one of the young girls?
Sorry I don't agree. You have to take into account the context. I did not see this episode but I know how enthusiastic the judges can get over certain acts/artists. There was a superb handsome young 15-year old pianist/singer on Britain's Got Talent I think a couple of seasons ago. The girls on the panel were all over him with praise.

And I have seen at least one version of America's Got Talent and other of Asia's Got Talent where young girls (some in an acrobatic troupe) have indeed been showered with overdone praise by the guys on the panel - amplified by enthusiastic screams from the 'live' audience - and what, in a go-go bar getting, might have been, shall we say, misinterpreted. Location and context are all in cases like this.

arsenal
March 17th, 2017, 18:30
More leeway depending on who you are and who you're talking to. For example I can happily tell you that I love the young Cambodian girls and want to pack one into my suitcase and take her home. With their long cascading hair, pretty long dresses and floppy hats they are quite quite adorable. No heart could fail to melt as they run up to you as you disembark a tuktuk and ask you if you want a drink.
"Coffee please."
"Mil an suga?"
"Yes please."
"One mint."

As I said...I love them and I want one. Context is everything.