PDA

View Full Version : BKK --- Jomtien Bus

Dalewood
February 19th, 2017, 18:27
This will be my second time using the new airport. Last time I saw no buses, though that was probably due to time I was there.

1. If I can read Roman letters, I will find the bus to Jomtien, right? (Note to self: Write down Jomtien in Thai.)

2. I also managed not to see the bus station in Jomtien. Is it within walking distance of Jomtien Plaza? After sitting on my arse the better part of 24 hours, I look forward to a short stroll. (I travel very light.)

francois
February 19th, 2017, 22:51
Not quite sure about your reference to Roman letters or do you refer to Roman numerals? Either way I am not aware of their use in reference to buses.

You should be able to find the bus to Jomtien/Pattaya at the airport.

In Jomtien the bus station/stop is within walking distance of Jomtien Complex at the FoodMart.

http://airportpattayabus.com/v1/

Easier if you just hire a car/driver for 1200 Baht.

Moses
February 19th, 2017, 23:14
There are few bus companies down at ground floor at Suwarnabhumi. If you will stay at Jomtien, then you can use 2 of them Bell or state company. State buses come to South Pattaya station, which is located in few min walk from Jomtien complex. Price is low, buses are comfortable but a little bit outdated, Be ready what aircon will work very good and pick up some jacket with you in bus :) Price first class 138 Baht

Bell buses arrive to North Pattaya, but after arriving Bellservice will "deliver" you to door of your hotel by minivans (prices may vary but usually around 300 baht)

Both companies have stands btw exits 7 and 8, stewards speak english

Dalewood
February 19th, 2017, 23:51
Thanks to you both.

Mancs
February 20th, 2017, 06:35
Pattaya bus good and cheap from the airport and it doesn't have to dig itself out of the Bangkok traffic jam.

christianpfc
February 20th, 2017, 22:20
Has been discussed many times, e.g. here:
http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?t=5567
http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2014/10/public-transport-between-bangkok-and.html

loke
March 11th, 2017, 01:18
134 baht one way

Patanawet
March 11th, 2017, 11:22
I've used Bell a couple of times and have been pleasantly surprised by it.
Do they have a service from Bangkok central (in my case Sukhumvit, near Ekamai) to Jomtien?

Patanawet
March 12th, 2017, 13:22
[QUOTE=francois;214052]Not quite sure about your reference to Roman letters or do you refer to Roman numerals? /QUOTE]
I also don't understand why the Thais refer to Rama 9 and Rama 4 as Rama XI and Rama IV

Further confused as to why the audio announcement IN ENGLISH announces 'Param nine' instead of Rama nine on the underground.

fountainhall
March 12th, 2017, 13:45
[QUOTE=francois;214052]Not quite sure about your reference to Roman letters or do you refer to Roman numerals? /QUOTE]
Further confused as to why the audio announcement IN ENGLISH announces 'Param nine' instead of Rama nine on the underground.
It's the way most Thais pronounce it. Unlikely they will change a location pronunciation even though the rest of the announcement is in English. Would you expect an English guide in Paris to change Place de la Concorde to Concord Place or whatever the correct translation might be?

Manforallseasons
March 12th, 2017, 14:41
The Dusit hotel in North Pattays runs a daily luxury shuttle non stop to the Dusit on Rama 4.......there is a return daily from Dusit Rama 4 to Dusit Pattaya...fare is 600bht ea. way....Leaves Pattaya 13:00 leaves BKK 14:30

christianpfc
March 12th, 2017, 22:25
I also don't understand why the Thais refer to Rama 9 and Rama 4 as Rama XI and Rama IV

In Thai it's "Phra Ram Gao", in English either Rama 9 or Rama IX. I have no idea how the "a" got on the end of "Ram", it's not there in Thai!