PDA

View Full Version : Can We Give Tarntawan a Rest - or Use Existing Threads please?

fountainhall
February 19th, 2017, 09:47
There are now 15 threads in which the changes in the Tarntawan Hotel have been discussed since September 17 - including three with the name in the title. From reading the posts it appears less than a dozen members actually stay there. How about no new threads for a few months and all posts going in to existing threads? Thanks.

arsenal
February 19th, 2017, 10:01
YES. And if any member is desperate to have a chat about hotels well perhaps they could write a little review of a hotel they stayed in within the last twelve months. Doesn't have to be in Thailand or even Asia. Anywhere is fine.

Nirish guy
February 19th, 2017, 18:16
Although to be fair when Markie1 DID start a thread named Tarntawan Hotel it was almost immediately highjacked by everyone including myself and you FH talking about booking.com and the Intercontinental Hotel and all sorts of other stuff so it seems the poor man can't win.

And just in case it's gone unnoticed my thread yesterday? re the name change ( which hasn't been changed at all and was me merely taking a jibe at MFAS calling the hotel the Tartawan! ) was a TOTAL piss take on that AND that there HAD been so much exaggerated talk about the hotel's ( fairly much non existent !) actual changes and was worded to joking express our mock displeasure at something that hadn't actuallly happened ( ie the whole "fake news" angle) and how people shouldn't just believe what they read online as "fact".

My post was also in direct reponse to "where has everyone gone' - and LOOK -we're all posting saying how much we hate it - so, job done, so lets all get posting back now to much more interesting topics - like how much is a beer in Soi twilight these days and all the other gems that entertain us all so frequently ( not).

bkkguy
February 19th, 2017, 18:33
There are now 15 threads in which the changes in the Tarntawan Hotel have been discussed since September 17 - including three with the name in the title. From reading the posts it appears less than a dozen members actually stay there. How about no new threads for a few months and all posts going in to existing threads? Thanks.

"it's not do as I do it's do as I say" says he starting a new thread with the name in the title

bkkguy

fountainhall
February 20th, 2017, 06:09
"it's not do as I do it's do as I say" says he starting a new thread with the name in the title

bkkguy
You seriously think tagging this request to an existing Tarntawan thread would have had the same obvious effect? The subject has become so boring no one would have read it! :)) At least we should now be spared the continual harping on about all the changes!

Blueskytoday
February 20th, 2017, 13:54
Yes stop talking about this...

Nirish guy
February 20th, 2017, 16:44
You do all realise that no one FORCES you to read threads you perhaps find boring don't you........just saying... if you find them boring ( which is quite understandable) then just don't open that thread and while you're at it perhaps create a few new threads while you're there to enliven things away from the "boring" threads ( that others are still choosing to comment on it seems - albeit it mainly to derail them, which is fair enough in my view anyway as that's usually when threads got more interesting anyway).

francois
February 20th, 2017, 18:14
Upon first reading of Tarntawan my curiosity was piqued by that name. I thought it to be Tantrawan, an establishment where tantra massage was the specialty of the house. What a let down.

Nirish guy
February 21st, 2017, 00:53
Oh I don't know Francois, I've certainly had my G spot massaged there more than once or twice :)

Josan
February 25th, 2017, 08:35
Let us see: Those persons who claim that they do not stay at the Tarntawan Hotel want this topic to go away. And those who claim strongly they have no interest in this Tarntawan Hotel topic still reads it. And they want it to go away. Then there are those who claim to have stayed at the Tarntawan but had a terrible, life-threatening experience and they report their claims to various hotel reservation sites. Then turn around and claim on this site that they did not stay at the Tarntawan and want the topic to go away.

Sounds like Trumpism has struck this forum!

arsenal
February 25th, 2017, 09:57
We have to read it Josan. Just to confirm we don't like it.

loke
March 11th, 2017, 01:31
Anyone tried Glitz hotel ?

fountainhall
March 11th, 2017, 08:27
You might like to try the Search engine on this site. It comes up with this thread (although it could do with some updating) -

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?13423-Anyone-ever-stayed-at-the-Glitz&highlight=glitz

scottish-guy
March 11th, 2017, 16:46
Dear Lord Surfcrest

I was horrified to learn from your organ that the Tarntawan Hotel of Bangkok is routinely only giving one fried egg on one's breakfast plate since the internationally reported changeover in management, whereas two used to be standard.

I only ever had their breakfast once, but I feel completely outraged at this drop in standards - clearly the place is going off terribly.

We only ever went there so Sir Henry could bugger the waiters, but I find reports of the current situation quite ghastly.

Yours faithfully

Lady Ffortescue-Smythe

LONDON

fountainhall
March 11th, 2017, 17:43
We only ever went there so Sir Henry could bugger the waiters, but I find reports of the current situation quite ghastly.

Yours faithfully

Lady Ffortescue-Smythe
Perhaps, dear Lady, the reason for the one egg in place of two is so the waiters can clear up more quickly and therefore be more available for Sir Henry's buggering! (Well, you can always live and hope, although I expect some of them are a bit out of Sir Henry's buggering age range by now)!

BOY69
March 11th, 2017, 19:09
Anyone tried Glitz hotel ?

Yes I did 2 years ago ,small hotel runs by a nice family. Excellent breakfast made by lovely elder thai lady .Not a fancy hotel but cosy and central location ; all the main attractions are on short walking distance.

scottish-guy
March 11th, 2017, 19:19
My dear Fountainhall

How nice to hear from you after all this time.

Unfortunately Lord Henry passed away whilst crocodile hunting in South America some years ago. We did place an an obituary in The Times of London but you must have missed it

His party had only just arrived at Cuidad de Bolivar en route to their base camp when he was accidentally shot up the Orinoco.

A sad way to go but I'm sure we would have loved it.

You simply must pop in for tiffin next time you are passing Fackem Hall

Always yours

Cynthia

arsenal
March 11th, 2017, 19:46
Scottish is very happy these days or he's just finished a letter writing course. He probably thinks he's getting another referendum. Well he ain't.

a447
March 11th, 2017, 20:13
or he's just finished a letter writing course.

He may have finished the course, but I doubt he passed,

I mean, look at the punctuation! Lol

colmx
March 11th, 2017, 20:45
He may have finished the course, but I doubt he passed,

I mean, look at the punctuation! Lol

Punctuation is for peasants and colonials!

a447
March 11th, 2017, 20:57
Punctuation is for peasants and colonials!

Ouch!

Mancs
March 12th, 2017, 09:09
Not quite punctuation but similar: "The Wall Street Journal quotes Jason Tan of Sift Science saying certain typos red-flag a fraudster. The abbreviated “ur,” the misspelled “happend,” a dislike of capital letters, all indicate the writer is more likely to commit fraud, says Tan."

scottish-guy
March 12th, 2017, 14:56
The punctuation I use (or omit) is designed for dramatic effect rather than to please a handful of coffin-dodging pedants.

Such people have failed to grasp that it's one's ability to convey meaning which is considered important these days, rather than the addition or omission of a bunch of squiggly marks on the page.

Similarly, "SMS" abbreviations such as "ur" and "@" etc., are acceptable in electronic communications where brevity is more important that the niceties of grammar and punctuation.

Get with the script.

arsenal
March 12th, 2017, 15:15
It's difficult to punctuate the way the Jocks speak because every vowel is pronounced incorrectly. That's why HM QE ll always has a big grin on her face whenever she pitches up there. She can't understand a word they say. Me neither.
😎

scottish-guy
March 13th, 2017, 03:02
Every time "HM QEII" pitches up here with that title, it's an affront.

Tick Tock.

Nirish guy
March 13th, 2017, 03:31
So just out of interest so do you think she IS / will be still welcome though as Queen Lizzy the 1st etc or you would like to see the back of here too after Indy 2,3,4 - or 50 or or however long it takes for your wishes to come true ( of they ever do) I wonder ??