PDA

View Full Version : soi twilight

markie1
February 16th, 2017, 21:28
Having just spent a few days in Bangkok , thank god the chinese are keeping these bars open,its certainly not down to the europians, having to pay 800 baht for two drinks in most bars we walked in , ordered a beer and a a water, and on two occasions mammasan asking for a drink which I flaterly refused to buy .and one thing that really bugs me ,i alway tip, but unfortunately at 800 baht a time i cant afford to tip in these bars ,on two occasions the waiter asked for a tip, which i found quite cheeky ,considering he was the one that only brought my bill.Having visited these bars for over 10 years ,i can only say they are way over priced, ok you get a show,but some of these shows are the same every night ,dont change much .

fountainhall
February 17th, 2017, 07:27
Welcome to the new reality!

Blueskytoday
February 17th, 2017, 09:00
Well guess it is good the Chinese visit the Soi Twilight bars, giving owners BIZ and cash..I for one don't visit them anymore as I don't want to watch the shows with "straight" women and their husbands in attendance...this is not interesting for me..with their giggling and so on....so I don't go..

ggobob
February 17th, 2017, 23:51
ok you get a show,but some of these shows are the same every night ,dont change much .[/QUOTE]

Slow night, shorter show BUT same price.

fountainhall
February 18th, 2017, 06:46
It's totally unreasonable to expect shows to change each night. The amount of basic rehearsal would take up far too much time. In any case all the shows are now just variations on a theme or two. But that doesn't excuse the fact that most are also boringly routine. It's been years since they lost the element of fun they often used to have. It's now a different market.

AsDaRa
February 18th, 2017, 13:02
It's totally unreasonable to expect shows to change each night. The amount of basic rehearsal would take up far too much time. In any case all the shows are now just variations on a theme or two. But that doesn't excuse the fact that most are also boringly routine. It's been years since they lost the element of fun they often used to have. It's now a different market.

I agree, but the show in The Venue in Jomtien is very good, with beautiful twinks. The Venue is a pearl when you compare it with all other shows in Pattaya and Bangkok.

fountainhall
February 18th, 2017, 13:52
I agree, but the show in The Venue in Jomtien is very good, with beautiful twinks. The Venue is a pearl when you compare it with all other shows in Pattaya and Bangkok.
Only saw the Venue show a few years ago and agree that it was streets ahead of the shows in the go-go bars. But that is not really comparing like with like. I am sure that each Venue show has quite extensive rehearsals, and it's a real "production" whereas those in the go-go bars are hastily assembled to show off lady boys and sex-related acts. The horrifically long gaps between items is indicative of the lack of any idea of production quality.

AsDaRa
February 19th, 2017, 10:56
Yes. And I never understand that many times the shows in go go bars have majority lady boys in them. It is a gay bar, clients want to see boys, but somehow the owner thinks they want to see people who look 100% female. Never understood that logic.

fountainhall
February 19th, 2017, 12:55
It is a gay bar, clients want to see boys, but somehow the owner thinks they want to see people who look 100% female. Never understood that logic.
It's that old Thai logic again. Thai guys love ladyboy acts. The Thai managers love ladyboy acts. Ergo, bars will present ladyboy acts whether or not there are any Thais in the audience!

And then they wonder why customers are disappearing!

christianpfc
February 19th, 2017, 13:20
I think there are two types of customers, those who want to watch a show and those who want to off a boy. I belong to the second category. These are completely different businesses, unfortunately mixed up. But I can rejoice: there are a few places that offer exactly what I want (just boys on stage): Super A, Nature Boy, Power Boys, Nice Boys,...; in those who have a show, I plan my visit to be before or after show.

Oliver
February 20th, 2017, 09:37
Things have certainly changed...and not for the better. The Soi Twilight bars were once full of twinks; Blue Star for instance (where Dream Boys now stands) operated with two "troupes", one of which was more or less comparable to the typical groupings of today. The other, comprising only twinks, alternated with it and, for me, offered enticing opportunities. Come to think of it, I'd have characterised the soi 's go go dancers as 80% twink when I first arrived in the late 90s. Since then, the percentage of straight, macho guys has soared. I've no doubt that this change reflects the new clientele....Chinese and mixed. There just aren't enough of us to make a twink-bar successful.

fountainhall
February 20th, 2017, 10:48
I have changed with age. In my younger days I wanted everything and loved many of the shows then on offer - very different from today's affairs. Now I'm with Christian. I want to see some cute guys up on stage, making at least an effort to do more than stand around, and most of all giving at least the impression of enjoying themselves. I couldn't give a damn about the shows now.

AsDaRa
February 20th, 2017, 11:02
I didn't experience myself the time when Boyztown, Soi Twilight, Sunee, were at the heighth of their popularity. Totally packed with gay tourists. But one disadvantage in that time must surely have been that the ratio of Farang to boys was much higher. Making the competition for the real hotties very tough. That for days in a row you couldn't off the boy you wanted, because taken by another Farang.

Now at least - in this time - when you see a hot boy who you really want, you can be sure you will have him. If not today, then tomorrow.

arsenal
February 20th, 2017, 11:42
All those apps that give you cheaper sex have come with a price. Mostly empty bars and a beach not worth visiting. Not a fair swap in my opinion.

jmchass
February 28th, 2017, 15:26
Yes i agrre i went to Fresh Boys last week ; no problems to off a cute boy; the chinese don t off them and they like western which off them; off fee 500 bahts and 1500 baths for tip

francois
February 28th, 2017, 15:32
I didn't experience myself the time when Boyztown, Soi Twilight, Sunee, were at the heighth of their popularity. Totally packed with gay tourists. But one disadvantage in that time must surely have been that the ratio of Farang to boys was much higher. Making the competition for the real hotties very tough. That for days in a row you couldn't off the boy you wanted, because taken by another Farang.

Now at least - in this time - when you see a hot boy who you really want, you can be sure you will have him. If not today, then tomorrow.

Quite true AsDaRa, I would go early to a go-go bar to off my fav boyz but they would already be off. Sometimes it took days to make a connection. Now, with cell phones, once you have their number you can make arrangements in advance. Those were the days.

Marsilius
February 28th, 2017, 20:24

Well, yes and no... You certainly were sometimes beaten by another farang to the boy you really wanted. But, on the other hand, many bars had so many boys working - in response to the larger number of farang customers in those days - that you could always find a really nice alternative. Anyone remembering Sunee Plaza's Kaos bar in its heyday or, further back in time, Saphan Kwai's Midnight Cowboy will know exactly what I mean

Manforallseasons
February 28th, 2017, 20:44
Well, yes and no... You certainly were sometimes beaten by another farang to the boy you really wanted. But, on the other hand, many bars had so many boys working - in response to the larger number of farang customers in those days - that you could always find a really nice alternative. Anyone remembering Sunee Plaza's Kaos bar in its heyday or, further back in time, Saphan Kwai's Midnight Cowboy will know exactly what I mean

I remember Kaos very well, it made no difference back then if it was high or low season you were lucky to find a seat.

AsDaRa
February 28th, 2017, 23:44
I remember Kaos very well, it made no difference back then if it was high or low season you were lucky to find a seat.

But if it is so crowded that you are lucky to find a seat, then the best boys must be gone already. These Farang come for a reason: to off a boy. Most Farang choose their boy within a few minutes I think? Personally, I only need a few minutes to make my decision, then I have seen them all and made my choice. I never sit 30 minutes before I make a decision.

So a full house of customers must surely mean that within a few minutes the top 20 of boys are being offed already. Depressing. You really have to come very early - or as others say try it at another bar - else you are stuck with second rate boys on stage.

Unless most Farang on these seats were only watching, and not offing.

FarangRuMak
March 1st, 2017, 00:17
Past glory and nostalgia is nice to bath in but the reality now is a far cry from Soi Twilight of the past.
The hostel "Take-A-Nap" opened about 4 years ago on Rama iv and has now been replicated 3 times with the latest copy in Soi Twlight itself.
More&more straight budget tourists walking around giggling and videoing the gay geeks for the friends on social media in the offing.
At least the Vietnam beauties have clung on after their eviction from the BB Inn. They're now to be found in the poolbar opposite Dick's Cafe, doing waiter service in the go-go bars or hanging around the beer bars.
Nothing stays the same.
Soi Twilight will move on as the market dictates.