PDA

View Full Version : Sundowner in Pattaya.

poshglasgow
February 4th, 2017, 23:41
Any recommendations in respect of where to have a couple of early evening drinks in South Pattaya while watching the sunset would be most welcome. Further, any recommendations for an excellent buffet-style dinner in one of the better hotels that entertain non-residents? Many thanks.

gerefan2
February 5th, 2017, 00:41
Sky Gallery ....highly recommended
Www.theskygallerypattaya.com
Also look google images ..lots of pics there

gerefan2
February 5th, 2017, 00:45
Some pics

gerefan2
February 5th, 2017, 00:46
Don't blame me I didn't post them sideways!

colmx
February 5th, 2017, 02:52
Pattaya beer garden has great sunset views and is right on the end of south Pattaya road..
http://pattayabeergarden.com/

Food is not bad there either, they do Thai and Farang menu and its a real favourite of my Thai BF

Dalewood
February 5th, 2017, 02:52
This place I am recommending is in North Pattaya. I believe it was at the Pullman Hotel; if not, it was adjacent to it. I went with a very nice non-commercial guy that I spent quite a bit of time with on my last trip; it will be miraculous if he is still single :-( If you rent a motorbike for the day, it is a good place for a sundowner. As Arsenal would say, it is one of those places you might never see without a motorbike. I was on the back of his motorbike, gripping the seat for dear life even though he was a safe driver. The pictures of me at this seaside venue made a lot people jealous back home.

Dalewood
February 5th, 2017, 03:01
I will be in Pattaya two weeks from now, so I will try to verify where I was for you guys.

arsenal
February 5th, 2017, 07:43
Excellent question. Cafe le Mer way down Jomtien Beach Road is a favourite of mine. Raised up off of street level you can watch the sun go down through the trees. They also do a great Pad Thai.

poshglasgow
February 5th, 2017, 15:04
Many thanks everyone.

aot871
February 5th, 2017, 15:45
The top floor bar of the Hilton hotel, sorry have forgotten the name

arsenal
February 5th, 2017, 21:28
This place too is gorgeous. I've only been there twice and it's not cheap bit it is special and there is no charge to use the pool. Located next door to the Royal Cliff Hotel, hence the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aosq9nctDHE

Pharang
February 8th, 2017, 16:00
Don't expect to see the kinds of sunsets you get in places like Key West. The pollution over the Gulf of Thailand usually blots out the setting sun well above the horizon.

mahjongguy
February 9th, 2017, 12:16
Hmmm. I've lived in Jomtien for a decade and the only thing that blocks the sunset on a cloudless day is Koh Larn.

arsenal
February 9th, 2017, 13:27
The sunset in Key West is usually followed by an evening choosing which beautiful boy to take away?