PDA

View Full Version : Latest news on my HIV+ boyfriend

July 9th, 2006, 18:57
I last posted about my Thai boyfriend in January. He's HIV+ and has been extremely ill. In January I posted the good news that he'd been given the all clear for the tuberculosis which nearly killed him.

Unfortunately only a few weeks later the meningitis which had been such a problem right from the start reappeared and he was rushed from his home in Ratchaburi to the hospital in Bangkok. Yet again a series of difficult telephone calls followed and the desperate attempts to get clear information. It didn't look very good at all but once again his amazing resilience paid off and he recovered.

I've seen him twice since and he's looking fine but is still rather weak and does get a few side effects from the anti-virals. It's a worry though that he's still not been given the all clear for the meningitis which he continues to be treated for and which was still showing up on his most recent tests.

The most positive news is that he's strong enough to start a training course which I'm hoping will eventually enable him to get a job and support himself again. It will be a hard seven month's training so I hope he has the stamina but if anyone does it's him.

I've paid tribute to his bravery before but I can't finish without doing so again, he remains the most remarkable person I've ever met with an irrepressible spirit and a constant concern for others however ill he might be feeling.

July 9th, 2006, 21:07
That's so good to hear Kun Jon......good luck to you both, and I'd like to reiterate you are a super guy for standing by him, and I would like to say (without knowing you both personally) that you both have strength of character and deserve each other.......Good luck, and keep us posted on his progress.

jolyjacktar
July 10th, 2006, 00:26
Who gives a toss about your BF sonny. Im sorry hes sick but why spread it about a Gay forum????? I suppose you want us all to go ahhhh poor guy. Keep it to yourself ehh!!!
I know a few HIV guys here in the UK but i dont post there info for all to go Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh poor sods :geek:

July 10th, 2006, 00:52
To Jolyjacktar

What a sad and pathetic creature you are. You're posts are irrelevant and pointless. You have my sympathy, it must be awful to be you.

Actually I don't give a dam what you think but as I prefer not to have to bother with your rubbish you are now on my ignore list and I suggest you add my name to yours if my post upset you so much.

Again my sympathies to you, perhaps one day you'll get a life of your own rather than getting your thrills by posting your poisonous and childish rubbish.

Im glad I'll never read another of your posts.

Impulse
July 10th, 2006, 03:34
Kun Jon,Its good to hear your helping your bf.I wish him well.How long was he on antibiotics for the tb?thats a toughie to get rid of as it works hand in hand with the hiv,it will always be something to look for as it may recur at a later time,lets hope not.What treatment is he on for the menangitus?I know he needs your total support as the meds can really do a number on you.Aids is still a terminal illness for many,even though the medical establishment is trying to convince everyone that it is a chronic manageable disease.Nahg in there.

July 10th, 2006, 04:58
First of all a previous post made me forget my manners so thank you to Sanook for your kind comments which were much appreciated.

And thanks to Rocket for the interest. My boyfriend was on a combination of three drugs for nine months for the TB. They were Thai "Generics" so I never knew what they were.

He has been on Fluconazole for the meningitis for just over a year. He returns to the hospital next week for the results of another blood test.

He take three anti-virals which are also Thai generics although they are usually dispensed in the old bottles that were for Lamivudine, Stavudine and Efavirenz which he started on. I'm not clear now exactly what the anti-virals are but they had to be altered to minimise side effects.

Doug
July 10th, 2006, 06:00
You do well to pay tribute to your BF's bravery and I pay tribute to your continued compassion and devotion. Your positive emotions and undeminishing hope are an elixor not only for your BF but to myself who may have to face a similar situation sometime in the future. We can all learn from your strength....although some, in their ignorance, have ceased to learn.

Best wish to both you and your friend.

July 10th, 2006, 16:18
First thing is to wish your boyfriend well, and to send you both my hopes that you stay strong.

So much has changed over the years since HIV first hit us. Now most people, in developed countries at least, live with the infection, and have access to regular health checks so that they can begin treatment before the worst of the infections strike. It is the reason why it is now worth having the test if you have been exposed to any risk.

But living with the knowledge that you are infected may not be so easy either, so you still need to think carefully before being tested, and make sure you have planned who you will tell, and where you will get your support from if the news is not good.

jolyjacktar
July 10th, 2006, 23:43
Well big words for a wet fart like you kinky Jon. I laugh in your pervy direction hahahahahahaa. So you ig me im all in tears. Go spread your Aids arround a few more kids ehhhh maybe you should wear a condom or do you support BBB and the Bareback gang. Im out in a few weeks, like to catch up with you in a bar for a chat or somthing

mikelele-old
July 11th, 2006, 02:51
I'm glad to hear of your BF's resilience - may he continue to be so.

And may you conitnue to have the strength and generosity of spirit to stand by him.

Often times in situations where a care-giver is required, the care-givers needs are frequently neglected or over-looked. In this light, I would just like to remind you to take care of your self as there is no telling where and in what form any emotional strain on you may surface, and you might also pass on this gentle advice, or perhaps show that you are concerned also for whoever may be attending to your BF as well. This will ensure better care of your BF in the long run.