PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers Trip Report

Dodger
January 8th, 2017, 09:58
Well, here I go again.

I guess this is Trip Report # 36, as I’ve been writing one after every bi-annual trip for the past 18 years now. Boy…does time fly when you’re having fun.

I’ve enjoyed being with the same Thai partner for the past 3 years now who I’ve talked about in previous trip reports. He is a fashion designer… independent-thinking…self-motivated …extremely shy… home body type…who doesn’t drink or cater to the nightlife. I adore him. He spends much of the day painting women’s couture dress designs using water colors on canvass which he in-turn uses to create designer dresses when he returns to his home/business in Buriram when my holidays end.

I visited the bar scene in Sunee a total of 6 times during my 3 month holiday which is a far cry from my wild bar running days in the past, but waking up without a hangover and actually having money left in my wallet in the mornings has gotten addictive. Having said that, there isn’t anything I could tell you about the bar scene that you guys don’t already know. I’m constantly amazed at the resilience that the bars have and wonder how they could possibly keep their signs up with so few customers. The only time I witnessed any sizeable farang gatherings in the Plaza seemed to be when one of the bars was offering free food. The balloon chasers appeared to be in heaven.

In final preparation for my retirement in a year or two I was able to complete the renovation and furnishing of a studio condo I purchased in Bang Saray 2-1/2 years back. No sooner than the work was complete and my partner and I began staying there for long spells (versus Pattaya) the owner of the unit directly next to mine made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. So I purchased his studio which now provides me twice as much space (about 80 M2). I will renovate the new unit in April when I return and install French doors to connect the two units. Having a separate bedroom after residing in a one room studio in Pattaya for the past 6 years will be great, and my partner loves the fact that we now have enough room for a dining table and chairs. I have already arranged the workers and plan to have the renovation complete before the Songkran period starts and the Thai whiskey starts flowing.

My partner and I enjoyed celebrating Loy Krathong in Bang Saray, and, for the first time, saw many gay boys (and ladyboys) strolling along the promenade. Admittedly, I have always felt a bit awkward being the only farang walking around town with a Thai boyfriend, and seeing other gays for the first time gave me, and I’m sure my partner, a great sense of relief. Most of the farang population in Bang Saray seem to be 65 y/o guys with 25 y/o Thai girls (or wives) who never give my partner or I a second look, and of course the Thais could care less, but it’s sure nice to see that that are other gays residing there.

I was delighted to learn about the new ferry line service between Pattaya and Hua Hin and plan to take a ride sometime during my next holiday to see if I can find my old cyber friend Smiles lurking around the shores. I know that the Thais pay as much attention to safety standards on their boats as they do their buses and will make sure that there are enough life vests before walking up the gangplank.

Trump became president during my stay which accounts for at least one night that I went out to the bars to get drunk. For some reason just knowing that I will be retired and residing in Thailand versus the U.S. during his term gives me a sense of relief. Of course he could get impeached before I retire which would dampen the enthusiasm.

I can’t recommend any new restaurants in Pattaya, but if any of you guys visit Bang Saray there are 3 great places worth visiting. 1) The Beach Restaurant (last open-air restaurant on the promenade) which has the best Indian curry dishes I’ve ever eaten and my partner says the grilled sea bass is the best he’s had in Bang Saray. 2) Kua Yai Ging for Thai food lovers. My partner and I rarely agree on the quality of Thai food but both give this place a thumbs up. 60 baht will get you one of the best Thai meals you’ve ever eaten, but it’s all Thai spicy – no watered down farang stuff (just a stone’s throw past the boat docks on the right side of the soi). 3) Jasmine Norwegian Restaurant (make a left turn at the circle when you first enter town and go 50 yards down on your right). Honestly the best farang meals I’ve had in Thailand. Reasonable prices and you can’t finish what they put in front of you. Their smoked salmon melts in your mouth.

All in all a another great holiday...can't wait to get back...miss him too much...and the weather here is Chicago sucks.

Cheers

sglad
January 8th, 2017, 11:21
Thanks for the interesting trip report. I've never been to Pattaya - my Thai friends are always telling me not to bother but I would like to check it out for myself. Where can we find your other 35 reports?

sglad
January 8th, 2017, 11:23
P.S. What are balloon chasers?

Smiles
January 8th, 2017, 12:49
" ... Where can we find your other 35 reports? ... "

20 pages of Dodger posts on this board.
Just click on the name 'Dodger' and a drop box will show up. Click on 'View Forum Posts'.

And 47 pages of Dodger posts on Gaybutton board.
http://gaybuttonthai.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=107

Knock yourself out.

francois
January 8th, 2017, 13:04
Thanks for the interesting trip report. I've never been to Pattaya - my Thai friends are always telling me not to bother but I would like to check it out for myself. Where can we find your other 35 reports?

Your friends are wrong. :devilsh:

francois
January 8th, 2017, 13:17
P.S. What are balloon chasers?

Often when a beer bar or other establishment is throwing a party they festoon their bar with multicolored balloons which usually signifies free food and loud music.
A balloon chaser would be a person that looks for these balloons and the free food.

I never experienced any of my friends chasing balloons, if nothing else they avoid such places since the music is too loud. Also the food is nothing special.

Blueskytoday
January 8th, 2017, 13:35
DODGER WRITES: Trump became president during my stay which accounts for at least one night that I went out to the bars to get drunk. For some reason just knowing that I will be retired and residing in Thailand versus the U.S. during his term gives me a sense of relief. Of course he could get impeached before I retire which would dampen the enthusiasm.

WELL DODGER. too bad your liberal Hillary LOST...I am glad she did...give trump a chance....I for one. like him,,time will tell.

arsenal
January 8th, 2017, 13:41
SGlad: Apart from the obvious attractions that Pattaya offers to the middle aged (me) the old (Scottish) the ancient (Fountainhall) and the incontinent almost deceased (frequent) there is loads of other stuff to enjoy. As Dodger ha said, a meal or six down in Bang Saray is worth the trip alone. Francois is right. Your friends are wrong.

fountainhall
January 8th, 2017, 13:59
As one who is not so ancient (we'll draw lots for the duel weapons later, arsenal) I side more with sglad's friends, Chiang Mai and the surrounding area has so much to offer a student, including good and very good restaurants. Given that there are likely to be classes each day, I can't believe the time and cost involved in a trip to Pattaya is actually worth it - especially just for one meal, however good, unless you are a true gourmet! The nightlife scene is interesting and far more varied than Chiang Mai's, but not all that different from Bangkok apart from there being far more money boys on the apps. I'd soak up as much of the atmosphere in Chiang Mai and leave Pattaya for another visit.

MiniMee
January 8th, 2017, 15:49
Francois is right. Your friends are wrong. In my opinion, your friends are right and Francois and arsenal are wrong. Don't bother with Pattaya. Visit Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Phuket for more fun.

Manforallseasons
January 8th, 2017, 15:58
In my opinion, your friends are right and Francois and arsenal are wrong. Don't bother with Pattaya. Visit Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Phuket for more fun.

I don't think anyone is right or wrong, it is all a matter of personal preference, I like Pattaya, enjoy BKK for no more than 3 days at a time, used to like Chaing Mai till gay scene fizzeled out, been to Phuket 1 time would not return....Up 2 U, Up 2 Me.

arsenal
January 8th, 2017, 17:46
Minimee wrote:
"In my opinion, your friends are right and Francois and arsenal are wrong. Don't bother with Pattaya. Visit Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Phuket for more fun."

I haven't been to Bangkok for over a decade but I've always found it rather tiresome and my one visit to Chaing Mai was so long ago that I can't remember anything about the place. Phuket has quite limited nightlife but is wonderful to ride around on a motorbike. For me Pattaya has everything I want in buckets. However Sglad is only 24 so he can probably find all the fun he wants anywhere.

francois
January 8th, 2017, 18:31
In my opinion, your friends are right and Francois and arsenal are wrong. Don't bother with Pattaya. Visit Bangkok, Chaing Mai and Phuket for more fun.

Chiang Mai and Phuket fun? If I were a 24 yo student, again, I wouldn't miss the chance to visit Pattaya for some real fun. Bangkok too expensive.

sglad
January 8th, 2017, 18:36
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I hope I have derailed Dodger's thread in a positive way.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer as to whether I should visit Pattaya. If I were to go, it'd be for three nights max and the worst that could happen is that I'd hate it and never visit again or I'd like it and go often or like most places I'd find it to be a mixed bag of goods. I'm well aware of Pattaya's reputation and like most visitors to the city will be going there to visit the temples. :) I'm not sure but I think some Thai people can get very defensive about Pattaya even though they haven't visited it themselves. In that same vein, I have expressed interest to Thai friends from Isaan in visiting Udon, Nong Khai and Khon Khaen but they would rather lead the way to the latest steel and glass malls of Bangkok. Nothing could interest me less as I come from a city of shopping malls and we have some of the best in the world. But that's for another discussion.

sglad
January 8th, 2017, 18:55
Air Asia flies to Pattaya from Chiang Mai for less than 1,500Bt one way if booked well in advance. That's really cheap.

francois
I'm well aware of Pattaya's reputation and like most visitors to the city will be going there to visit the temples. :)

Good for you, there are many temples of love for you to visit.

Dodger
I like Phuket, Chiang Mai and Bangkok for short visits but Pattaya has always been where it's happening for me. One of the reasons I chose Bang Saray as my retirement home is because it is a short 30 minute motorbike ride around the bay to Pattaya, and Utapao Airport (which is 15 minutes from my place) provides low cost direct flights to Phuket and Chiang Mai when I feel the urge for a short trip.

The traffic alone in Bangkok is enough to keep my visits short, Phuket has too many tourists and too expensive for long-term living and Pattaya has imploded with a gay scene that's dwindling at the speed-of-light. Before my priorities were always centered on "Where the Boys are"...but since they've all relocated to cyber space all you need is a smart phone and a few cruising apps to find them.

arsenal
January 8th, 2017, 19:24
sglad wrote:
"Air Asia flies to Pattaya from Chiang Mai for less than 1,500Bt one way if booked well in advance. That's really cheap."

That's cheaper than the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry of misery.

fountainhall
January 8th, 2017, 22:03
I'm well aware of Pattaya's reputation and like most visitors to the city will be going there to visit the temples. :) I'm not sure but I think some Thai people can get very defensive about Pattaya even though they haven't visited it themselves
Pattaya has LOTS of temples – as well as lousy traffic, too many tourists and a poor beach. Sure, there is plenty of sex and sin, and I have nothing against the sex part. But is there much that is different from that offered in Adam's Apple in Chiang Mai - apart from volume and, in my limited experience, from the frolicking at Eros and the fact the boys are more Thai (or Cambodian and Vietnamese down Jomtien way) than from Myanmar? Mind you, would a 24 yo student be that interested in a bunch of lads not much younger than himself offering themselves to an audience made up almost exclusively of men considerably over double his age – and increasingly Chinese? I'm not sure what the discos are like in Pattaya but I can't believe they are more interesting for a young guy than those around Thonglor and elsewhere in Bangkok. IMHO Pattaya is a place where older guys feel more at home. I have had young gay friends from Taipei visiting Bangkok this week-end and the go-go bars and discos were the last places they wanted to visit!

It’s a pity sglad will not be here during the summer when there is so much of the more traditional Thailand to see, as for example the Candle Festival in Ubon Ratchanthani –

- and the country’s main Ghost Festival in Dansai in Loei Province -

- or later in the year the loveliest Thai Festival of Loi Krathong.

sglad
January 8th, 2017, 22:53
I hear you fountainhall and thanks for the suggestions of alternative places to visit and the gorgeous pics. Loei is definitely on the cards (class trip) as well as Pai (with friends) and Chiang Rai (with family). As for Pattaya it's all tentative at the moment and I have no concrete plans to visit. I might, I might not. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't automatically write it off without seeing it myself and it's small enough to cover in a couple of days. My classmates and I went to a couple of the go-go bars in Patpong last year and it was fun/sexy/shocking/crowded/expensive - at least now I can say that I've been there, done that! Yeah there were a lot of mainland Chinese customers (I'm Chinese) but I don't remember them being particularly old - 20s and 30s maybe? Even if there were older customers it wouldn't have made a difference to me as I was there to see the shows and have fun as were they. I'm going to be in Thailand for at least four months and there's room for a bit of everything including sleaze!

Good night.

sglad
January 9th, 2017, 22:23
Chiang Mai and Phuket fun? If I were a 24 yo student, again, I wouldn't miss the chance to visit Pattaya for some real fun. Bangkok too expensive.

Hmmm yeah but wouldn't you get bored? I read that Pattaya was only a tiny backwater back then and didn't become an entertainment city until 30-40 years ago. Bangkok is really not that expensive if you stay out of Silom/Sukhumvit/Thonglor/Khaosan. I barely spent 500Bt a day when I was there last year and I went out often. Granted breakfast and another meal, usually dinner, were had with my homestay family but I did hang out at cafes a lot. I spent a bit more on weekends if I went clubbing but even then it rarely exceeded 1000Bt. But we did go out as a group and everybody chipped in.

arsenal
January 9th, 2017, 22:36
Francois: In case you didn't notice Sglad said you're very very old. ROFL.

francois
January 9th, 2017, 23:12
Francois: In case you didn't notice Sglad said you're very very old. ROFL.

For a 24 yo student who doesn't know where to go and what to do sglad sounds very knowledgeable of the scene in Thailand. He should be giving lessons, not asking for advice.
Almost sounds like cdnmatt, another know it all.

sglad
January 10th, 2017, 09:33
For a 24 yo student who doesn't know where to go and what to do sglad sounds very knowledgeable of the scene in Thailand. He should be giving lessons, not asking for advice.

Good morning. I'm sorry if there's been a misunderstanding. I myself am a bit confused by your comments above. Where did I give the impression that I didn't know where to go or what to do? And where have I asked for advice? If you could point point out an example or two from my previous posts to support your assertions I'd really appreciate it.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm very grateful to those who have voluntarily and generously offered ideas and suggestions and I hope they would keep them coming. If they don't help me personally, they might be of help to someone else reading.

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 09:46
Real fun for a 24 yo student? Remember your age and experience of gay life before you came to Thailand, dear francois. Personally I can't imagine many Asian students finding much fun at all in a place like Pattaya. Naked flesh and sex can now be found in lots of gay saunas in Singapore, Taipei and elsewhere around Asia (and in Taipei a lot more naked flesh if you want to find it than you'll see in Pattaya!). Sex shows with tied off dicks may be all but exclusive to Thailand but they get boring quickly and are surely far more common in Bangkok than in Pattaya. Despite the gay scene in Chiang Mai having all but collapsed in recent years, I'd still rather spend time there than in Pattaya!

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 10:14
I have to disagree with Fountainhall. There's as much flesh in Pattaya as any 'normal' person could want. Plus you've also got sooo much other stuff as well. And it's all just a motorbike ride away with easy parking when you get there. Shopping, world class water parks, amazing zoos, big shows, fantastic restaurants, water sports, a superb cinema, late night partying, reasonably priced excellent hotels, perhaps the best coffee shop in Asia, interesting wildlife everywhere, Bang Saray, restaurants that have beds on the beach for you to relax on as you sip a pina colada, restaurants that offer swimming pools at no extra charge and people who if you go there once a year greet you as their favourite customer. What more do you want?

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 10:43
What more do you want?
As a 24 year old Asian from Singapore, quite frankly little from that list would have much interest for me - if only because most of it can also be found in Singapore, apart from the reasonably priced excellent hotels. But then as a 24 year old I could never afford anything like excellent hotels! In addition Singapore has the Universal Studios Theme Park, Indoor Skydiving, several pretty good Galleries and Museums, great cafes and restaurants and a wide variety of cuisines, the Botanic Gardens, the amazing Jurong Bird Park and cruising galore for cute young westerners as well as Singaporeans and other Asians. With all that on your doorstep, do you seriously think Pattaya is that attractive to an Asian student? I certainly don't! And these are some of the few reasons I'm off to Singapore in March but will not be near Pattaya!! Sorry!

sglad
January 10th, 2017, 10:46
perhaps the best coffee shop in Asia,

What is it called and is it a chain with branches elsewhere in Thailand? I like Wawee Coffee but there are plenty of no-name coffee places around where I live with coffee just as good and cheaper too. But I find Wawee more comfortable for personal and study time.

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 11:03
Chiang Mai now has some really great coffee shops with lots opening up in the Nimmanhaemin Road area. Great for a coffee and snack before hitting House of Male.

I seem to recall that Wawee is in the middle of the old city. But the only thing I studied were the cute guys studying there! It also has a great policy of donating 1 Baht of each coffee served to improve the lives of kids in the north.

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 11:08
Fountainhall. We're really not comparing Pattaya with Singapore here. One is a former fishing village and now a tourist destination and one is a city state and the crown jewel of Asia.. We're comparing Pattaya with other main tourist destinations. And by the way, gay sex in Singapore is still technically illegal and technically can get you a dose of the ratan so.......

Sglad wrote:
"What is it called and is it a chain with branches elsewhere in Thailand? I like Wawee Coffee but there are plenty of no-name coffee places around where I live with coffee just as good and cheaper too. But I find Wawee more comfortable for personal and study time."

It's not a chain, well not really although there are a few about. It's the coffee shop at the top of the mountain on Pratamnak Hill. A coffee there as the sun sets and you prepare for a night out in the fleshpots is simply pure pleasure. I've sat there and watched three species of squirrel dart about through the trees. The coffee is excellent and costs about 40 baht.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRhFwMDP74&spfreload=10

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 11:39
We're really not comparing Pattaya with Singapore here.
I perfectly understand that. My point is very simple. You give lots of reasons for visiting Pattaya. With respect you view these from your western perspective and from someone of your age (younger then me, I'm certain!) - as indeed do I, although I come to different conclusions. If you look at them from the perspective of a young Asian, like sglad and the young Taiwanese guys of roughly similar age I hosted last weekend, however, those attractions are really not much of an attraction - the more so if you have similar and often better attractions on your home turf! Why would you visit Pattaya for water sports, a superb cinema or partying when you can have all that and a helluvalot more back in Singapore?

Similarly with a coffee shop. I often see squirrels from my window here in Bangkok (although I have no idea how many species). As you can tell all over Asia, a student visiting a coffee shop is less likely to do so to watch squirrels and far more likely to chat with friends or to study!

And yes, gay sex may be illegal under the notorious Section 377A of the Singapore Penal Code. However, as any regular visitor knows perfectly well, Singapore is one of the cruisiest cities in Asia and there is a great deal of sex to be had there if you are looking for it. There are gay bars and saunas for those so inclined. Plus the Prime Minister is on record as saying that whilst the law will not be repealed, it will not be acted on.

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 12:59
With all due respect Fountainhall you have no idea what a 24 year old student does or doesn't like. I think the things I mentioned are pretty much enjoyed universally. The squirrels were part of the overall picture I was painting so a little childish to focus on that as one can still chat with friends. What's it to you if anyone goes there and has a coffee?

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 13:53
I suggest you are making a considerable leap of judgement there, arsenal. I have quite a lot of gay friends in their mid 20s or so living in various parts of Asia. I happen to chat with them quite a lot and several visit me. On the basis of what these guys like to do when they are in Thailand, I suggested that -

like sglad and the young Taiwanese guys of roughly similar age I hosted last weekend
- none would be interested in Pattaya specifically for the various reasons you outlined. And I absolutely stand by that. As you imply in your post, older guys have quite different interests from those of much younger guys. That's only natural. Pattaya has a certain attraction for quite a large group of older, some retired expats and western visitors. Also some Chinese tour groups and visiting Arabs. But since you suggest that I am wrong, with equal respect what information do you have to prove that you are correct? How many mid-20s non-Thai Asian students do you regularly see on your visits to Pattaya?

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 15:14
Whatever's up with you today Fountainhall I can't be bothered. So for today only. You're right about absolutely everything and no one under the age of ? should ever go to Pattaya because there is nothing of any interest there whatsoever for anyone under the age of ? Happy?

scottish-guy
January 10th, 2017, 15:21
All on this forum are in the fortunate position to be able to choose where to go in the world, right?

I've never been in Singapore and never will be either - I simply make the point that when the choice is between a (more than) tolerant country and another which potentially criminalises me for gay nookie and then attempts to justify its stance by patronisingly declaring that although I'm considered a criminal they won't actively prosecute me, then my choice is made very easy indeed.

:clapping:

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 15:42
I would visit Singapore but be very wary of indulging. Because whatever the Prime Minister says the law says something different and maybe that particular day a policeman and a judge who both hate gays decide to follow the letter of the law.

francois
January 10th, 2017, 16:07
Good morning. I'm sorry if there's been a misunderstanding. I myself am a bit confused by your comments above. Where did I give the impression that I didn't know where to go or what to do? And where have I asked for advice? If you could point point out an example or two from my previous posts to support your assertions I'd really appreciate it.

sglad, this is what you posted earlier:

Thanks for the interesting trip report. I've never been to Pattaya - my Thai friends are always telling me not to bother but I would like to check it out for myself.

It seemed to me that you were querying for some advice or comments? Yes? No?

Some suggested Phuket and Chiang Mai as fun places. But you didn't mention Phuket in you posts and you already live in CM and seem to know you way around there.

Others extolled the merits of Bangkok, but you have already been and lived in Bangkok and know you way around so you need no advice in that regard.

So it is either come down to Pattaya and see for yourself or not.
Students learn by doing, don't they?

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 17:18
Whatever's up with you today Fountainhall . . .
I am merely arguing my corner, as it were, because it is something I feel quite strongly about. Of course francois is right. There is nothing at all wrong with visiting Pattaya to check it out. I've done that and I've come to my own conclusions.

But we really have to accept that the majority of posters here are over 50, some considerably more so, are either retired in Pattaya, visit for extended periods like Dodger whose partner lives here (had to find some way to bring the thread topic back LOL), or who take regular vacations in Pattaya. And of those who are not partnered, from the posts it at least appears that the majority visit primarily to take advantage of the availability of paid sex with cute Thai guys a great deal younger than themselves - christianpfc being one notable exception, at least as far as age is concerned!

We all base our conclusions on our own experiences. Mine tells me that pay for play is not what the vast majority of visiting Asians in their 20s and early 30s are looking for. Why should they, when in Bangkok there are saunas aplenty where they can happily have sex in some pleasant surroundings - Babylon, Chakran and so on - for around US$7 or so, or way under 10% of the cost of entry to a gogo bar, a couple of drinks, an off fee and a tip? Commercial sex is of little interest to most. So if the prime reason for visiting Pattaya is stripped away, what's left apart from the list outlined in arsenal's earlier post? I'd be delighted to visit that coffee shop with arsenal and am sure I'd have a great time. But I can't believe many mid-20s guys would go out there if only because they go to coffee shops to study or to chat and gossip with heir friends rather than to take in nice scenery. Only my view, I know.

As for Singapore, I have spent a great deal of time there, often for work. It is one of the easiest places to have fun and there are lots of eager Singapore guys. There is zero problem with hotels and the gay bar that is my regular haunt has never had any issue with the law. Heck, a very long time ago I can remember loads of gays filling parts of Zouk Club and the Pan Pacific hotel having weekly Sunday afternoon gay events.

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 18:34
Fountainhall. I agree with most of what you wrote. But remember, the trip that SGlad would have is not the same as living here. And please. Being over 50 does not mean one gets into one's bath chair you know. I'm 50 and have more fun now than I ever did at 24. You really do think Pattaya has nothing to offer except sex? I think you're projecting what you want onto him.

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 20:23
Of course a quick 3-day trip is nothing like living anywhere. And like you I have unquestionably had my best fun years after 40. But let me try and end the discussion with just one further question if I may. You have admitted elsewhere that you visit Pattaya regularly because of the ready availability of money boys. I'm sure you have a great time. But let's assume there was a change in Thai customs and morality resulting in no such ready availability in Pattaya - or anywhere else in Thailand for that matter. Would you continue to visit Pattaya? Or would you be more tempted to vacation elsewhere?

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 20:46
Ooohh. You're a cunning old fox Founty. Very good question. Well if there was no sex available in Thailand then I would, of course go elsewhere because lots of sex is part of my holiday. However it's not a fair question because you're not comparing like with like. So I'll add a caveat. If it was the same everywhere (no available sex) then I would continue to visit Thailand for all the reasons I have stated.

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 21:46
Fair enough! I think we've both made our points clear. And I'd still like to visit that cafe!

christianpfc
January 11th, 2017, 11:37
...visiting Asians in their 20s and early 30s... Commercial sex is of little interest to most. So if the prime reason for visiting Pattaya is stripped away, what's left apart from the list outlined in arsenal's earlier post?

On my now rare visits to Bangkok gogo bars, I have seen customers that were cuter than the boys on stage (and I mean real customers, judged by their looks and in group with friends; not moneyboys invited by to a gogo bar by their customer).

Pattaya has some attractions that I call world-class: Nong Nooch, Sanctuary of Truth, Million Years Stone Park, Wat Yan and Viharn Sian, Mini Siam. These are far outnumbered by tourist traps.
full list of daytime activities here: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2014/03/daytime-activities-in-pattaya.html