PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

sglad
January 5th, 2017, 08:00
Hi. I'm Jason, 24, from Singapore. I'm on exchange in Thailand and will be here for about 18 weeks - longer if I decide to stay on for a second semester. I thought I'd say hi to all forum members. Oookay...that's all for now I guess. Happy New Year and have a nice day!

fountainhall
January 5th, 2017, 08:10
Hi Jason! Welcome to SGT and welcome to Thailand! It's not often we get a nice new young poster here. Most of us are way older!

I assume you are in Bangkok. I guess lots of guys would be happy to meet up with you to show you around. But I'm sure you probably know Bangkok quite well. If not, we're here to help. Good luck!

Moses
January 5th, 2017, 08:13
Welcome onboard Jason :)

Please feel free to post, to ask, to share experience :)

sglad
January 6th, 2017, 00:36
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the offer to help. I'm in Chiang Mai not Bangkok and I'm the only one from my uni studying at CMU. I did a four-week stint in Bangkok last year but that was a special program tailored for students from my uni and we did the homestay thing. Bangkok was fun but I thought I'd try some place different this year and I'm liking Chiang Mai thus far although it was a bit cold and damp today. I opted to stay off campus for some independence and privacy - uni hostels never sleep. I have a great room off Suthep Road with all the mod-cons and many cheap eateries and snack bars within walking distance. Chiang Mai's Orchard Road ie Huay Kaew Road is just a short ride away. We started classes this week. I'm doing language classes and a modern Thai history course taught in English. It's week one so we're pretty much in the honeymoon/orientation stage. My classmates are mostly from Korea and Japan; there's one Burmese guy, an Australian girl and a couple of Americans we haven't seen much of, one of whom is a hot Latino. I hope to pick up some Spanish by the end of the semester - it never hurts to have an additional language on one's...err...tongue. :D

Brad the Impala
January 6th, 2017, 00:55
I was going to give a like to this last post but curiously the like button is missing, and yes I am logged in. Moses has already given a "like" to this post, so perhaps some glitch? All the other posts in this thread have the "like" button available. FYI

Moses
January 6th, 2017, 01:08
I was going to give a like to this last post but curiously the like button is missing, and yes I am logged in. Moses has already given a "like" to this post, so perhaps some glitch? All the other posts in this thread have the "like" button available. FYI

Just refresh page.

rollingstone2
January 6th, 2017, 02:01
Why do I smell a windup? Am I the only one?

Brad the Impala
January 6th, 2017, 05:26
Thanks Moses.

Pot, kettle and black come to mind when someone who has never posted before impugns the integrity of the posts of someone else who has never previously posted. How would we ever get new posters if every new one was subjected to this scrutiny. Give guys some leeway, or rope.

In the "Post Truth World" there is no guaranteed truth, especially on the internet on an anonymous forum. Sglad has posted some interesting details, so I am interested to read more of his experiences. Let's see where the journey takes us.

arsenal
January 6th, 2017, 09:56
Jason: You're studying modern Thai history. Allow me to give you a full tutorial. Military coup.

sglad
January 6th, 2017, 10:32
Jason: You're studying modern Thai history. Allow me to give you a full tutorial. Military coup.

555. How many are we up to now? We had a visiting Thai lecturer who took great pains to distinguish between successful coups and attempted coups so as to reduce the final tally.

sglad
January 6th, 2017, 10:38

Wind up of what? I received a similar warning by private message:

"The Forum often suffers from tsunamis of vitriol and bile from all the old queens who have nothing better to do. Good luck."

arsenal
January 6th, 2017, 10:45
Haha. Yes. I can't be bothered to check but I believe it's 7 failed attempts.

You'll find we are a suspicious lot here but it doesn't take long to fit in and you'll soon come to realise which posters to believe and which are figments of some bitter and twisted old faggots imagination.

christianpfc
January 6th, 2017, 21:55
No. I wouldn't be the least surprised if the op turned out to be a troll.

Nonetheless, welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies.

arsenal
January 6th, 2017, 22:22
My antennae tells me Jason is OK. But Cerberus is much less trusting than I am and he isn't quite sure.

sglad
January 6th, 2017, 23:29
Okaaay, this is becoming really weird. I've barely posted anything and I've been accused of trolling and winding people up. What exactly am I supposed to be trolling about?

Moses
January 7th, 2017, 02:51
Okaaay, this is becoming really weird. I've barely posted anything and I've been accused of trolling and winding people up. What exactly am I supposed to be trolling about?

Just relax and "keep going": ask what you want to know, share your impressions about places and people, pay attention to what you like and ignore what you don't...

arsenal
January 7th, 2017, 10:26
Moses is right sglad. Over the years we've had some arseholes and so now we are naturally wary of anyone. Don't take it personally. Just enjoy yourself here and view this as a very useful resource.

fountainhall
January 8th, 2017, 13:42
No. I wouldn't be the least surprised if the op turned out to be a troll.

Nonetheless, welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies.
Why would you make your very positive second comment, the more so when it follows your very negative first comment?

In my view, nothing in sglad's posts to date have suggested a troll. His posts certainly make a great deal more sense than those of some long term members! Don't give them the time of day, Jason! Hopefully there will be more younger members joining this Board.

christianpfc
January 8th, 2017, 17:12
The first line is merely cautious, not negative. I won't be the first to suggest someone is a troll.

But I hope we acquired a genuine member, hence my second line. Time will tell.

arsenal
January 9th, 2017, 10:36
Well Sglad has only been here a short while and been 'liked' 17 times on 14 posts, even Cerberus is rolling over and wants him to tickle his tummy. The initial suspicion has gone and we have acquired another young member of the board. Halle-fucking-lujah. So I officially welcome you to SGN. You can get all sorts of information here with a collective knowledge of probably over 1000 years of Pattaya and Thailand. You will also find that PMs, even to those you might routinely clash with on the public forum are replied to quickly and politely. Enjoy.

Manforallseasons
January 9th, 2017, 10:50
Hi youngblood......as its been a while since I have been to C.M. would love your input as to the current gay scene there.

scottish-guy
January 9th, 2017, 15:00
Hi youngblood......as its been a while since I have been to C.M. would love your input as to the current gay scene there.

Willing to bet a fair summary will be:

It's hot, it's dead, and the boys are all whores.

Look forward to Youngblood putting some meat on the bones though.

:drink:

Manforallseasons
January 9th, 2017, 15:03
It's hot, it's dead, and the boys are all whores.

There ya go

Certainly not hot this time of year.

scottish-guy
January 9th, 2017, 15:07
Could you please remember where I am - anything above 10c is hot and an excuse for teenage lads to go about bare chested

sglad
January 9th, 2017, 22:39

You make me sound like a character from Twilight. :D

Gay scene? This whole town is so gay that I can't even think straight! As we say back home, if you throw a stone it's bound to hit someone gay. I have to re-iron my uniform now as the laundry lady didn't do a very good job and I have an early class tomorrow. Ttyl & good night.

Manforallseasons
January 10th, 2017, 07:29

Your sense of smell is excellent.

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 09:04
I may not be so young but I have been Chiang Mai quite a few times in recent years. It's as cruisy as ever and the apps are buzzing. As for gay venues, they are dying fast. The decline seemed to start when all the small bars clustered around The Wall were forced to move. A few disappeared; some moved to the area behind the D2 hotel. Now that D2 area is dead. A cluster of bars has moved to Charoenprathet Soi 6 down from the Night Market towards the river and there are a few elsewhere. I was very disappointed when I visited Secrets Bar around 6 months ago. A small group of expats drinking and chatting and a similar group of Thai boys all sitting together and concentrating exclusively on their phones. Boring! Boring! The number of bar closings over the last few years, however, numbers over 40 including the very popular SoHo bar. That surely gives an indication that nightlife ain't what it was.

Adam's Apple remains and picks up reviews ranging from very good to not so good. Most of the boys are Shan or from Myanmar. New My Way continues its merry way although almost all the boys seem to be straight and performance once back at your hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Circle Pub seems to be the only other go-go bar still in existence and its clientele is now mostly Thai. Free Gay Club was closed some time ago.

The two saunas are still doing well - the long established House of Male with its 2-for-1 buddy nights attracting quite a number of students from the university not far away, and Club One Seven further south across the river from the Holiday Inn hotel.

For farang, most of the interest is now the massage scene. Here again, though, a large number of the old popular places have closed down. I often visited The 2 Brothers because it was located very close to the Meridien and D2 hotels. It is now closed. There are still lots of others around. My favourite is His Club but it's also south of town not far from Club One Seven.

There are mixed discos where lots of gay Thais visit, but discos just aren't my thing.

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 09:40
rollingstone2 wrote:
"Why do I smell a windup? Am I the only one?"

MFAS wrote:
"Your sense of smell is excellent."

Worst case scenario. Sglad is not what he claims to be, IE, a student studying in Chiang Mai. However he is contributing to the board with interesting posts and writes in a pleasingly coherent way. This is unlike frequent, Minimee and Sexual Deviant Latin who between them contribute less than a mosquitos' shit worth of anything.

sglad
January 10th, 2017, 10:20
I may not be so young but I have been Chiang Mai quite a few times in recent years. It's as cruisy as ever and the apps are buzzing...

There are mixed discos where lots of gay Thais visit, but discos just aren't my thing.

Yeah I have been to Warm Up Cafe twice. It's popular with students from Payap and CMU but also from some of the other unis (Chiang Mai has at least four unis). They have live bands (nothing to shout about - well you do have to shout if you want to talk to your friends :)) and while not as trendy as RCA, it's a pretty decent looking crowd and the guys/girls here are more down to earth. I like it not least because I can walk home after 555. No way am I going to be get onto a motorbike with a drunk driver.

Yeah you can meet someone through the apps which are very busy as FH says but it's just easy to meet someone at the running track or the pool nearby. I'd go more often but for this weather...to exercise of course! Or a party, student event which exchange students are always invited to or the dozens of people we swapped nos. and fbs with at Orientation. I could go out every night if I wanted to and some do but I find it more interesting if I limit it to once a week. I do have to put in the study hours as I'm doing this exchange for credit and the last thing I want is for the two very keen Japanese girls in my class to show me up.

I haven't been to any of the venues that FH mentioned - none of my Thai friends have mentioned them but then it is a mixed crowd here and I don't hang out with gay friends only. I've heard of Adam's Apple and might check it out sometime. There are also some Rasta/backpacker joints in the Old City; I went to a jazz bar called Northgate which was aaaalright. It was filled with travellers and local expats, mostly Caucasians. It was very busy and the standing-room only crowd spilled into the street. Some hot guys there and this blondilicious Danish NGO gave me his no. and offered to show me around. He even gave me a ride home. It was ookay but I prefer more Thai-type of places.

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 10:39
Sglads one post above has more of interest to me (and every member bar three I suspect) than the entire post output by we know who. Point proven I think.

fountainhall
January 10th, 2017, 10:49
Let's remember too that sglad's posts to date give the view of a young man mixing mostly/exclusively with Thais and other Asians. Expats from totally different cultures and who look down from a great height age-wise have totally different desires and expectations - usually pretty repetitive and sometimes pretty boring! Nothing against that, but it would help to remember what life was like for us around that age before commenting.

arsenal
January 10th, 2017, 16:02
Fountainhall wrote:
"Let's remember too that sglad's posts to date give the view of a young man mixing mostly/exclusively with Thais and other Asians. Expats from totally different cultures and who look down from a great height age-wise have totally different desires and expectations - usually pretty repetitive and sometimes pretty boring! Nothing against that, but it would help to remember what life was like for us around that age before commenting."

Those of us who holiday in Pattaya and do it properly feel 24 again but with more money. However this will not be the case if you go for three months and just shuffle from your guesthouse to Sunee every night.

scottish-guy
January 10th, 2017, 20:10
I'd make sure I was carried in a sedan chair

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2017, 02:43
I'd prefer a rickshaw so I can observe the bubble butt bouncing in action as I was being ferried around town...

francois
January 11th, 2017, 10:06
I use a wheel chair to get to Sunee; the bf pushes it.

arsenal
January 11th, 2017, 14:33
None of the three posters above can expect to be invited on one of my motorcycle jaunts into the jungles of Chonburi. It would take too long to load up their vitamin supplements, drip feeds, pureed picnic meals, blankets, lucozade and sucky sweets.

fountainhall
January 11th, 2017, 16:07
Was your omission of colostomy bags merely to spare bushes? :yahoo_mini:

loke
March 11th, 2017, 00:40
Another new poster scared away from miserable old queens.

fountainhall
March 11th, 2017, 08:31
Where have you been? Your "new poster" was outed as a hydra by the moderators!

a447
March 11th, 2017, 08:34

He wasn't 'scared away' - he was banned.

Nirish guy
March 11th, 2017, 18:03

I think that shows you Loke that all the new posters you are accusing those "miserable old queens" of chasing away aren't always maybe exactly just what you think perhaps.......I believe the word apology starts with an "a" ( just in case you're thinking about it) - seeing as you have been slating other posters on various threads about this for days now.......just saying as your own negative posts could be looked at by some as being just as off putting for others as those same negative postings that you were referring to by others of course.

arsenal
March 11th, 2017, 18:24
If they're scared away by a few miserable old queens then this clearly is not the forum for them. Because that's our speciality. Don't go to a steakhouse and ask for an omelette.

fountainhall
March 12th, 2017, 14:26
If they're scared away by a few miserable old queens then this clearly is not the forum for them. Because that's our speciality. Don't go to a steakhouse and ask for an omelette.
And isn't that precisely one reason why new posters are not attracted to this Board? Another reason you gave in the "Where is everyone" thread -

And having spent literally hundreds of days in Pattaya I find it difficult to imagine that those who live there or are there on vacation can't find something interesting to post every couple of days in terms of general chit chat. It doesn't have to be profound or an essay, just a line or two.
"Miserable old queens" and "Pattaya" seems to be a recipe for this forum's slow death. Why does this Board have to be so Pattaya-centric? Oh don't worry! I know the answer - because that's where the posters are. But far fewer than before. When do we order the vocal parts for the Requiem?

loke
March 13th, 2017, 22:11
Well I later found out this member had been banned by the moderator so sorry about that .

But really when this forum gets new members you should wait a few days or weeks until you use the word troll . Fair enough , your suspicions were right this time.

GWMinUS
March 16th, 2017, 09:06
So bring me up to date...
Why was sglad banned? And who made the decision?
I do not see anything from Surfcrest???

fountainhall
March 16th, 2017, 09:24
Why was sglad banned? And who made the decision?
I do not see anything from Surfcrest???
Please note from the Where is Everyone thread -

Members,

Sugargrandpa and sglad have been banned as they are one and the same poster...or a hydra.
As you know, I don't ban members very often and certainly not without violating any of our few posted rules.
Having two user names though is enough to be banned...not that I believe this poster, or any other is Beachlover.

Surfcrest
This was how I described what happened in the same thread.

MiniMee thinks we don't give newbies a chance. Well I did give this hydra more than a chance when others saw through him before I did. When he attacked me, I laid a trap about a Singapore chat site which every young Singaporean gay student would know about. Yet he didn't, and he could not answer the question without betraying his troll status. So his alter ego SugarGrandpa did - and in so doing not only exposed Sglad as a total fake but got him banned