PDA

View Full Version : In rude health?

frequent
December 28th, 2016, 07:49
It's possibly verging on an invasion of privacy but is anyone aware of the reason why a certain owner of a disco not a million miles from Silom 2 is now shuffling around looking as though he's recovering from a stroke? I saw him yesterday and was surprised by his apparent lack of vigour.

latintopxxx
December 28th, 2016, 09:16
...if u had a live in lover like he has...maybe he just had a good fuck session....the guy is a sex God with a body to die for...

arsenal
December 28th, 2016, 09:22
Latins little arsewipe Frequent wrote:
"It's possibly verging on an invasion of privacy but is anyone aware of the reason why a certain owner of a disco not a million miles from Silom 2 is now shuffling around looking as though he's recovering from a stroke? I saw him yesterday and was surprised by his apparent lack of vigour."

Possibly? Really? You do realise that this is an actual person you're speculating about on this anonymous board. What a welcome addition to this place you've become in the 9 months you've been here.

fountainhall
December 28th, 2016, 09:48
...if u had a live in lover like he has...maybe he just had a good fuck session....the guy is a sex God with a body to die for...
I have no idea of the personalities involved, but it reminds me somewhat of the owner of a Soi Twilight gogo bar about 15 years ago. He had held quite a senior position with the Church of England prior to relocating to Bangkok in his early 60s. He too had a stunning steady bf, a student with longish hair who would sometimes visit the bar. All the punters would have preferred to off him rather than most of the boys!

aussie_
December 28th, 2016, 10:35
I noticed the Air Quality Index readings for Bangkok are very high recently. Maybe just living in Bangkok is very bad for your health? I was considering renting an apartment in Sathorn but just walking down Sathorn or Silom roads last week made me feel ill from the exhaust fumes.

frequent
December 28th, 2016, 11:32
I have no idea of the personalities involved, but it reminds me somewhat of the owner of a Soi Twilight gogo bar about 15 years ago. He had held quite a senior position with the Church of England prior to relocating to Bangkok in his early 60s. He too had a stunning steady bf, a student with longish hair who would sometimes visit the bar. All the punters would have preferred to off him rather than most of the boys!

Heavens that urban myth is still around is it? He was some minor, non-ordained, lowly functionary, no senior position whatsoever. He was horrified to hear that that was the gossip when I told him about it at the time.

fountainhall
December 28th, 2016, 15:15
Odd! As a regular at the bar, whatever position he actually held in the Church, he seemed to enjoy his elevated status. Nice man! When his bar closed - I think it was called X-treme - he moved across the soi to work for the German bar owner for a while. He was then a consultant to Roxy in Soi 4. Thereafter I assume he returned to England.

frequent
December 28th, 2016, 17:42
... he seemed to enjoy his elevated status.

Can you provide any concrete examples of this enjoyment?

fountainhall
December 28th, 2016, 20:56
Dumb question!

latintopxxx
December 29th, 2016, 01:20
oh how i love it....gone completely off topic...

frequent
January 1st, 2017, 10:23
Dumb question!

Really? You claim "he seemed to enjoy". How do you know it wasn't indigestion? You don't, because you have no idea what he was thinking, you just made an assumption based on how you thought he looked and then used it to support your "knowledge" of his background

arsenal
January 1st, 2017, 10:28
Latins' little arsewipe Frequents' new year resolution.

No more Mr Nice Guy. Aw shucks.

fountainhall
January 1st, 2017, 11:15
Really? You claim "he seemed to enjoy". How do you know it wasn't indigestion? You don't, because you have no idea what he was thinking, you just made an assumption based on how you thought he looked and then used it to support your "knowledge" of his background
Typical comment from one who drags conversations down to the lowest common denominator. Making all kinds of assumptions because that's his modus operandi. Great way to start a New Year, frequent!

I know for sure it was not the indigestion you bring up. I know for sure it wasn't a lot of other maladies. In fact, I knew him reasonably well. He "seemed to enjoy" because friends and I talked to him quite a lot about it. We were week-end regulars at his bar for over a year before it died - and enjoyed it because it was different from the others on that soi. And I'll take a bet we talked more often to him that you did!

arsenal
January 1st, 2017, 11:27
My guess is that the gentleman in question recently told Frequent to fuck off or gave him some other clear Anglo Saxon encouragement. That is why he started this thread in the first place and titled it the way he did. Well Mr Bar Owner, whoever you are. Well done. You speak for most of us here.

fountainhall
January 1st, 2017, 11:51
He was some minor, non-ordained, lowly functionary, no senior position whatsoever.
Odd, isn't it. how a "minor, non-ordained, lowly functionary" like Philip can retire to a grace-and-favour house opposite Peterborough Cathedral. And before frequent disgorges another of his "urban myths", one of those with whom I regularly attended his bar actually visited him in that house on a trip back to England. And at no time was he ever horrified about people here knowing he ran a bar or that he had held a position in the Church.

frequent
January 1st, 2017, 14:55
Odd, isn't it. how a "minor, non-ordained, lowly functionary" like Philip can retire to a grace-and-favour house opposite Peterborough Cathedral. And before frequent disgorges another of his "urban myths", one of those with whom I regularly attended his bar actually visited him in that house on a trip back to England. And at no time was he ever horrified about people here knowing he ran a bar or that he had held a position in the Church.

A friend who is a minor, lowly, non-ordained member of the C Of E has a grace-and-favour house courtesy of Westminster Abbey. That means nothing

fountainhall
January 1st, 2017, 15:15
A friend who is a minor, lowly, non-ordained member of the C Of E has a grace-and-favour house courtesy of Westminster Abbey. That means nothing
Given that you have provided no details, you are correct - your implication means precisely nothing.

frequent
January 2nd, 2017, 05:52
Given that you have provided no details, you are correct - your implication means precisely nothing.

When I began this thread with an expression of concern as to whether it might constitute a breach of privacy little did I think that our Poster Of The Year would provide enough details about someone who has never been a member but is also no longer resident in Thailand and has expressed some concern that his former activities in Thailand should ever become public so as to identify that person to anyone who cared to make diligent enquiries based on the details given. Moreover our Poster Of The Year now expects me to breach the privacy of someone else who has never been to Thailand merely to support an argument about what does, or does not, constitute a senior official in the Church of England

:unknw_mini:

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 08:47
Such an obvious cop out! Give it up frequent! Everyone sees through your little fables.

Did your friend give you a copy of his X-treme dancers DVDs, by the way?

frequent
January 2nd, 2017, 09:37
Did your friend give you a copy of his X-treme dancers DVDs, by the way?

Which friend is this?

arsenal
January 2nd, 2017, 10:18
Frequent:
It's not Poster of the Year it's Member of the Year meaning that someone who didn't actually post anything in 2016 could still have won. You might like to try this policy in 2017.

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 10:52
Which friend is this?
Philip, the owner of X-treme bar. But I am more interested in the DVDs than from whom you might have got them.

frequent
January 2nd, 2017, 11:04
Philip, the owner of X-treme bar. But I am more interested in the DVDs than from whom you might have got them.

No doubt you'be able to point to the post where I claimed him as a friend

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 11:46
No doubt you'be able to point to the post where I claimed him as a friend
So you are used to discussing gossip with strangers? Friendship, as you know perfectly well, is a totally relative term.

He was horrified to hear that that was the gossip when I told him about it at the time.

a447
January 2nd, 2017, 12:24
Frequent:
It's not Poster of the Year it's Member of the Year

Kommie, your comprehension skills have failed you yet again.

Do try to keep up!

Lol

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 12:37
Indeed a447, although one does wonder what there might be left for frequent to keep up. Clearly it is all drooping so obviously it must be quite embarrassing. How else to describe a poster who compares plans for the elaborate funeral of a certain recently deceased personage to Disneyland?

a447
January 2nd, 2017, 13:07
It suggests someone who has no understanding of the present situation in Thailand.

Hardly surprising, considering he also has a very flawed knowledge of world politics in general. Afterall, he once told us that Hugo Chavez was the president of Argentina and that the U.S had an ambassador in North Korea.

Kommie, you're priceless!

Lol

arsenal
January 2nd, 2017, 14:49
SDLs arsewipe wrote:
"When I began this thread with an expression of concern as to whether it might constitute a breach of privacy."

What else could it be? I have asked you before and got no reply so I shall ask you again. What did a gay Thailand message board run as a financial loss by Surfcrest do to you to make you loath it with such palpable bile?

frequent
January 2nd, 2017, 15:13
So you are used to discussing gossip with strangers? Friendship, as you know perfectly well, is a totally relative term.

I gossip with and about acquaintances all the time

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 16:00
I gossip with and about acquaintances all the time
So, frequent nit-picker - I shall rephrase my question: did your acquaintance who ran X-treme Bar give you a copy of his X-treme dancers DVDs?

a447
January 2nd, 2017, 16:52
Come on now, fountainhall. You don't really believe Kommie has any friends, do you?

More likely he has fleeting acquaintances. Very fleeting, I suspect.

Lol

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 19:19
Probably members of the Flying Squad* :D

* a division of a police force or other organization that is capable of reaching an incident quickly.

arsenal
January 2nd, 2017, 19:44
Fountainhall wrote:
"Probably members of the Flying Squad*

You're showing your age there. And they're called The Sweeney and in their day slags and villains were often given a duffin up when caught doin a blag and then banged up for a long stretch of some well deserved porridge in the nick.

fountainhall
January 2nd, 2017, 21:02
You'll soon be suggesting I grew up with "Fabian of the Yard"!!! In fact I was surprised to see the Flying Squad still exists. The Sweeney was a great Series and John Thaw a superb actor. Of course when I was referring to the Squad being friends of frequent, I only meant he would have been brought to their attention a few times - just acquaintance-like you realise - not friends! Response to 999 calls rarely implied friendsuip after all!

frequent
January 3rd, 2017, 06:49
So, frequent nit-picker
This entire thread is a testament to your struggles with the English language.

fountainhall
January 3rd, 2017, 07:54
This entire thread is a testament to your struggles with the English language.
Yet more proof of frequent's comprehension of said language. Far more accurate to say the entire thread is about frequent's customary evasiveness.

frequent
January 3rd, 2017, 10:54

fountainhall
January 3rd, 2017, 16:02
Goodness! Frequent has posted a photo of himself!

a447
January 3rd, 2017, 16:21
....being eaten by a dog, no less!

Yraen
January 5th, 2017, 07:04
....being eaten by a dog, no less!

'Dog', maybe. 'Fox' more likely. Are you suggesting that Frequent is 'foxy'. :yahoo_mini: