PDA

View Full Version : New Bar!

Orientfan
December 16th, 2016, 17:20
Someone said there's a new bar where Funny Boys used to be.

Has anyone tried it?

A review would be great :)

scottish-guy
December 16th, 2016, 21:14
OK - before I get accused, let me say I'm only collating posts from elsewhere and have not visited:

It's called PRISMA and the consensus of opinion seems to be that it's a beer bar with gogo bar prices and whilst it's well appointed the main attraction seems to be that one can sit in it and look across at the eye candy in and outside Toy Boys

francois
December 16th, 2016, 21:17
The new bar is known as Prisma, a beer bar. Quite unique with translucent plastic chairs that are lit from within in different colors.Also chairs that resemble large hands which you can snuggle in. Drink prices are in range of those in the go-go bars and a bit higher than the other beer bars in Boyztown area. It is across from Toy Boys so you can have a good view of the go-go boys who are outside taking a break and they do eye-flirt with the Prisma customers.

Here is a post on gaythailand forum. Also another post on Gaybuttonthai.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10677-prisma-boy-bar-on-pattayaland-soi-3-boyztown/

arsenal
December 16th, 2016, 21:41
If their prices are similar to a go go bar I think that's an unlikely to succeed business model. Especially as Toyboys have a rather pleasant terrace themselves and comes with the option of going inside.

francois
December 16th, 2016, 21:51
Prisma is a nice place to sit and chat with friends perhaps before or after a visit to Toyboys.

frequentfliers
December 17th, 2016, 00:13
Looks great,hope it does well.I will miss Funny.Bs,

a447
December 17th, 2016, 07:51
It seems a strange business model - charge gogo bar prices to sit and watch gogo boys who are sitting outside a different establishment.

francois
December 17th, 2016, 12:08
Not much different than Panorama, Serene, Oscars, Cafe Royal; customers enjoy sitting at these bars to converse and watch the scene on the sois. Prices for drinks at Prisma maybe 20+ Baht more than at the other beer bars but less than Toy Boys which is one of the highest priced go go bars. I often sit at Oscars to enjoy the 9pm parade of boyz from Boyz, Boyz Boyz but never go into that club.

a447, kind of like sitting at the old All of Me 2, having a drink and watching the lads at Good Boys. :)) Location, location, location.

a447
December 17th, 2016, 13:19
The only difference is that the drinks at All of Me 2 were nowhere near gogo bar prices (what are they charging now in BBB?), and in fact, were cheaper than Goodboys.

If I'm paying gogo bar prices, I want gogo boys.

gerefan2
December 17th, 2016, 14:12
Prices are NOT gogo bar prices ( unless you are comparing them with the lower class gogo bars).
Beer Singh is 150 baht as compared to 220 in Toyboys and 280 in BBB.
As a comparison Beer Singh is 145 in Panorama.

francois
December 17th, 2016, 17:02
Best to check it out and judge for yourselves. Time will tell if it is successful or otherwise. I will be there tonight so will see how business is doing although tonight's visit to Boyztown is to go,go to the go-go bars.

francois
December 18th, 2016, 12:20
Last night I did walk past Prisma on my way to and fro ToyBoys and did not notice many customers at Prisma. The other beer bars were more busy.

christianpfc
December 21st, 2016, 13:54
Someone said there's a new bar where Funny Boys used to be.

Has anyone tried it?

A review would be great :)

Well, in that case the headline should be "New Bar?" and not "New Bar!"

The trend seems to be that gogo bars become host bars / beer bars. Quite unfortunate, as I host/beer bars is not my style. I want to see boys in underwear.

francois
December 21st, 2016, 14:02
T Quite unfortunate, as I host/beer bars is not my style. I want to see boys in underwear.

For me, I prefer to fondle their wares under their underwear.:devilsh:

scottish-guy
December 21st, 2016, 15:08
And, I hear, from behind a cushion?

:D