PDA

View Full Version : Dental clinic

a447
December 16th, 2016, 14:20
I will be going to the dentist, either in Bangkok next week or in Pattaya after Christmas.

I had excellent treatment a few years ago at Dental Signature in Siam Paragon but when I checked their latest reviews on the web, there was one particularly horrifyng account from a patient who went there this year. She went through hell and vowed never to go back again. Apparently, the dentists are all young and inexperienced and she said the pain was unbearable.

Can someone please recommend another clinic? Cost is not necessarily a problem as I can bear the pain from the bill, but not the drill.

arsenal
December 16th, 2016, 14:41
I only went there once but I found 79 Dental Clinic directly opposite the entrance to Jomtien Complex near Dicks cafe to be very good. I am the worlds worst dental patient and they were fantastic. It was a lady dentist which is always my preferred choice.

a447
December 16th, 2016, 14:46
Thanks for that info, arsenal.

Unlike you, I much prefer a hot guy in my mouth. The doctor who won Mr Gay Thailand comes to mind. I would love an injection from someone like him.

Nirish guy
December 16th, 2016, 14:51
And I'm guessing you'd be quite happy for him to be doing a bit of drilling whilst you were there too no less !

Just be sure to advise him of your wishes soon after you arrive so he can have time to adjust the chair ! :)

a447
December 16th, 2016, 15:00
Lol

This topic suggests so many one-liners and puns. (SG, where are you??)

arsenal
December 16th, 2016, 15:02
I can honestly say that in the dentists chair is pretty much the only time I'm in Pattaya and not thinking about boys and sex.

Mancs
December 16th, 2016, 16:07
I went to this dentist, just off Suan Plu, off Sathorn Road. They saw me quickly, price reasonable.

http://www.tooth-therapy.com/

Smiles
December 16th, 2016, 21:25
This only anecdotal, but my experience with the dental folks at the Bangkok Hospital (Hua Hin) has been very good. They are professionals all around, and very adept at follow-up after the original work ... in my case it was an implant and don't think I was't quite nervous going in. The bottom line (now a year later) is that I can't even remember which tooth was 'replaced'. Most of the follow-up/check ups were free.
The cost was definitely higher than most of the stand alone dentists, but all their equipment seemed to be top of the line. The full cost was about half be what it would be in Canada.
Many larger Thailand cities have a branch of Bangkok Hospital.

Brad the Impala
December 16th, 2016, 23:29
I would again recommend the dental clinic at Bangkok Nursing Home. Very efficient, and my bf had quite a lot of work done there including implants. Good results.

mahjongguy
December 17th, 2016, 07:03
I went to BNH in Bangkok for three years and I agree with Brad. It's excellent.

Then I moved to Pattaya nine years ago I have been going to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital's dental clinic. Even better than BNH. They've done fillings, extractions, crowns, and my first implant (so far). All of it is better than any dental care I ever had in the States.

colmx
December 17th, 2016, 23:59
out of curiosity what's the going rate for an implant in Bangkok Pattaya /HuaHin Hospital?
I have a dodgy crown that needs replacing - but not sure if the cost differential would justify me "ruining" a holiday to get some cheaper dental work done

mahjongguy
December 18th, 2016, 07:20
I'm near the end of the process of getting an implant at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. I chose a South Korean product that has the same success rate as the more expensive European models. The package price is 57k.

Smiles
December 18th, 2016, 08:38
" ... out of curiosity what's the going rate for an implant in Bangkok Pattaya /HuaHin Hospital?"
If I recall, Mahjonguy's cost of 57,000 baht at Bangkok Hospital (HH) was about the same as mine.
I've also had a crown done there last July when I broke a tooth on an uncooked rice kernel :rolleyes: ~ blame that on my cook/slave Khun Suphot who let it drop into the rice bowl ~ which set me back about 9000 baht.

latintopxxx
December 18th, 2016, 11:39
...oh Lord...imagine the hate that would have been directed my way had I used that line " blame that on my cook/slave Khun Suphot "

dinagam
December 18th, 2016, 12:35
Latin,

Your slaves never did any cooking...

scottish-guy
December 18th, 2016, 14:03
57,000B/£1300 for ONE dental implant?

I'm not doubting mahjongguy and I don't have any dental implants but I have a friend who has something approaching a dental fetish - and from what he's told me I think that's equal to or maybe even more than UK prices!

cdnmatt
December 18th, 2016, 14:24
Well, of course you can probably get an implant for like 8000 baht, but 60,000 THB is also believable. All depends on the clinic you go to, and the type of implaant you get, as there are 4 or 5 types of implants available.

Same as you can get top and bottom extractions + dentures for anywhere between 15,000 - 120,000 baht.

latintopxxx
December 18th, 2016, 15:33
......so cost effective dental implants in Thailand is a myth??

cdnmatt
December 18th, 2016, 16:58
Wouldn't say a myth, but get what you pay for definitely rings true.

scottish-guy
December 18th, 2016, 20:27
But it's easy to overpay.

Given the age profile of our members - any implant that lasts 5yrs ought to be sufficient

:lol:

colmx
December 18th, 2016, 20:47
If I recall, Mahjonguy's cost of 57,000 baht at Bangkok Hospital (HH) was about the same as mine.

57K= €1500, Implant here in Ireland is €2300 - and I can claim 20% of that back in taxes (if the work is done in Ireland by Irish registered dentist). Plus I can get the work done using medical leave instead of Annual leave

So I reckon I am better off getting mine done in Ireland... and not ruining my holiday moping around with a sore jaw!
(No puns please SG!)

mahjongguy
December 19th, 2016, 06:43
The choices offered at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital ranged from 57k to 85k. There are small clinics that advertise implants for 30k but that doesn't include at least 15k of add-on charges, mainly for the 3D CAT scan which is an absolute necessity.

Smiles
December 19th, 2016, 07:16
Yes, going the Bangkok Hospital route (or any one of the best hospitals in Thailand) is definitely not the cheapest road. There is a rather wide range of prices here ... much more so than in Canada for example. But in Canada, dentistry is always very expensive and the group of very good dentists keep their prices very much the same, i.e. a very narrow range of prices.

I am still saving a good deal of money by giving my business to the Bangkok Hospital even though it is a relatively expensive choice. The cost for my implant in Thailand was 'around' $2000CA all in. In Canada it would have been in the neighborhood of $3000CA for one with zero complications. But, I did have a couple of complications ~ not unusual ~ which would have put me in the $4000CA range.