PDA

View Full Version : Renting and Riding a Motorbike in Pattaya

arsenal
November 29th, 2016, 14:32
I think this topic is worth a thread by itself.

I didn't rent a bike for my first 4 visits to Pattaya and now 12 years later I still consider those 4 visits wasted. Here are just a few things a motorbike will allow you to do easily, cheaply, quickly and actually yes...safely because the Pattaya traffic is rather well ordered and virtually no one has their wallet stolen when they're on a motorbike, unlike a baht bus.

1) More boys. You can check out the available talent in Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien in about an hour if you so desire.
2) Have a coffee at the top of the mountain and watch the evening lights begin to twinkle over the city as you decide where to start the evenings nefarious activities.
3) Day 5/6 feeling a little rest from the bar scene is required. Ride all the way along to the end of Jomtien Beach Road and from there The Glasshouse is about ten minutes. Sit at the bar and enjoy a latte or a cocktail as the warmth and ambience of this stunning place washes over you.

This is just a tiny taste. Loads more to come.

latintopxxx
November 29th, 2016, 16:25
Pattaya traffic is well ordered?!?!?!?!?
Really????
Clearly you have never been to Pattaya.

francois
November 29th, 2016, 17:20
In my opinion there is no such thing as safe driving when it comes to motorbikes. The Thai drivers are skilled since they have ridden on bikes since infants however so many drive like maniacs. They don't know or care about safe driving. I had two farang friends who bought motorbikes here and within days had accidents which kept them from further driving due to fear. Another friend who did have a license and training also had an accident trying to avoid a dog. He also eventually gave up driving.
As for myself, even though I was licensed at home and owned a scooter I never felt comfortable driving in traffic although used the bike for trips to markets and to explore the back roads.Now just can't afford to drive and end up with broken bones or worse.

cdnmatt
November 29th, 2016, 17:30
Personally, I'm too scared to drive here, either truck or motorbike. Not so much for my own safety, but because I'd hate to have to wake up every morning for the rest of my liffe knowing I accidentally killed a kid.

Kim had a motorbike, and I'd just be the passenger, which worked fine for me. Then Leo has no desire for a motorbike as it's too busy here, plus he enjoys walking / jogging, which again works fine for me.

Manforallseasons
November 29th, 2016, 18:22
Personally, I'm too scared to drive here, either truck or motorbike

I imagine that might awkward at the moment.

scottish-guy
November 29th, 2016, 19:21
Oh I dunno - I always liked Mr Magoo

:lol:

arsenal
November 29th, 2016, 19:25
You all really need to lose the idea that Thais drive like maniacs because you know what...in Pattaya...NO THEY DON'T. And it's a little rich to say how a whole group of people drive when you've never tried it yourself. But then to be fair, I've ridden a bike in China and so compared to that almost anywhere is going to seem calm and peaceful. It is as they say...up to you. However all my points are of course going on the basis that you are not drinking alcohol and are riding sensibly. Otherwise you get what you get. But if you ride a bike the same way that you would drive a car in Britain. America or any other western country then you will be fine.

Dalewood
November 29th, 2016, 21:19
In my younger days, I would always rent a motorbike in Pattaya or Phuket. I went all over Phuket Island and even as far as Sattahip. Now at age 61, it just does not seem worth the aggravation. Ten baht will get me close enough to Jomtien Plaza, Sunee, or Boystown. The Homex Inn and the nearby host bar in North Pattaya are long gone.

While we are on the subject:

1) How much is the rental these days?
2) How does insurance work in case of accident?
3) How does insurance work in case of theft of the motorbike?

scottish-guy
November 29th, 2016, 21:37
Apart from the above - what are the driving license requirements (assuming you actually require one)?

gerefan2
November 29th, 2016, 22:07
Depends where you rent and for how long. I usually pay 150 a day for several months.
If you don't have a Thai licence you should obtain an Interbational Drivind Permit based on your licence.
In the U.K. You get it from the AA.

arsenal
November 29th, 2016, 22:12
Good questions:

Dalewood: Rental costs probably vary but go to the same place and I pay 150 baht per day and as there are so many places hiring out you should be able to negotiate that rate anywhere. Insurance is best done from your own country and each policy will differ regarding theft or accident.

Scottish: Legally you need an International Driving Permit and in the case of The UK they are issued by The RAC and The AA. But unless your UK driving license specifically allows you to ride a motorbike it will not have the stamp and so will not give you the permission to ride a motorbike in Thailand. However foreigners riding a motorbike without the correct license in Thailand is a good source of income for the police and is therefore no big deal. If stopped you will be issued a ticket and this involves a 500 baht fine. It is still worth having the permit because the police will keep this and allow you to ride off. It is best to pay the fine at the police station because you get a receipt and you can show this the next time you are stopped and will be waived on. Your license is returned once the fine has been paid. Over my recent 10 day visit I passed many police checkpoints but for some reason was not stopped once.

Manforallseasons
November 29th, 2016, 22:14
Apart from the above - what are the driving license requirements (assuming you actually require one)?

For someone like you who has spent so much time in L.O.S. your quesrion surprises me. The license requirements are simple, if you have a foriegn motorbike license or an international one you shouldn't have a problem however, if you want to take the risk of renting without a license you will have no problem unless you are stopped by the police or worse if you are involved in an accident...the BIB love these situations...$$$$$$

arsenal
November 29th, 2016, 22:15
It's not a big problem MFAS. As I've said...just pay the smallish fine.

scottish-guy
November 29th, 2016, 23:23
MFAS my question shouldnt surprise you.

Yes, I have visited Thailand many many times but it has not even occurred to me to hire a motorbike, therefore I have never made enquiries as to the requirements.

Thanks Arsenal for answering the question - I had anticipated that money would solve all. My BF in Vietnam drives a car and motorbike and has no licence for either!

"Just pay money" as he says.

kittyboy
November 30th, 2016, 05:33
Some of my fondest memories from Thailand are the adventures I have had when on a rented moto. Driving to Bang Saray and spending the afternoon on and around the docks. Driving late at night down past the gay beach and finding a group of thai boys playing volleyball on the beach. Buying them beer and watching them play for an hour or so. Driving around with a thai guy and going to the movies..or just going out to dinner. Driving up north along the highway (slowly) then driving the back streets to Pattaya. Several trips driving out to Asian University and checking out the college guys!! All fun trips. and many more

Up2U
November 30th, 2016, 07:32
I live in Pattaya and have been driving a car now for 5 years with only one minor accident (hit by a tour bus). I had been visiting Thailand for over 20 years prior and never had a need, a want to use rent or use a motorbike. All the gay areas are easily accessible by songtaeo or a short walk. Driving a car or motorbike here is not like your home country, defensive driving is unknown and the the driving culture here is just different. I talk to the tourists in my condo block and query them about their obvious injuries and of course the answer is always a motorbike accident. I visit BHP regularly and the number of patients being treated for motorbike injuries is staggering. I go to the expat club here and we have stories about some old fool that was crazy enough to own and drive a motorbike here. Driving around town during the day it is all to common to see motorbike accidents with people lying on street or nursing their injuries. Just ask the bar boys to tell you about their motorbike accident stories (often with scars). So in my opinion, enjoy the boys, enjoy your holiday and enjoy your life and don't rent a motorbike.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/21/thailands-roads-second-deadliest-world-world-health-organization

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 07:37
This thread was really intended for those who do reat a motorbike and have non stop fun doing so. Perhaps the woosies who are too scaredy cat to rent one could start their own thread to reinforce their fears.

Manforallseasons
November 30th, 2016, 08:28
This thread was really intended for those who do reat a motorbike and have non stop fun doing so. Perhaps the woosies who are too scaredy cat to rent one could start their own thread to reinforce their fears.

I doubt anyone here is trying to reat a cat.

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 08:35
typo MFAS.

mahjongguy
November 30th, 2016, 10:56
Riding a motorbike in Pattaya is a personal decision, like running with scissors or playing Russian roulette. All great fun until it ends in tears.

Just these cautions:
- If you are 60 or older, you don't have the peripheral vision nor the reaction time to drive amongst the yaba kiddies.
- If you've been here for more than 90 days, your IDL isn't valid.
- If you aren't properly licensed, your insurance won't pay.
- If you get insurance included in the rental, it only covers damage to the bike, not you or others that you injure.

And for God's sake please don't carry your golf bag sideways.

francois
November 30th, 2016, 13:53
Arsenal, it seems you only want posters to agree with your point of view and not express any contrary opinions?

As mentioned, I would love to drive a motorbike here but not worth the risk to me even though I have owned and operated motorbikes as far back as my days in college. For me everything is within walking distance or a short ride to Jomtien. But I do regret not getting a Thai license when my motorcycle license was still valid but it expired.

AS for Thai motorbike drivers, they may be skilled, but don't drive defensively and often drive recklessly. And what about all the drivers using their cell phone while driving a motorbike? How stupid is that? I will say that Thai women drive more sensibly when they are not using a cell phone.

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 14:17
Yes Francois. That is exactly what I want. Posters who agree with me. I am glad someone understands that. Now can I please have some. Thank you.

Sailing a boat, riding a horse, riding a motorbike, parasailing, para gliding, snorkeling etc...all these things carry some element of risk but we still do them. At least those of us who still live a full and active life do.

Manforallseasons
November 30th, 2016, 14:24
AS for Thai motorbike drivers, they may be skilled, but don't drive defensively and often drive recklessly. And what about all the drivers using their cell phone while driving a motorbike? How stupid is that? I will say that Thai women drive more sensibly when they are not using a cell phone.

I don't think that Thai drivers are bad it is only that there are so many motorbikes diven here unlike western countries, I think some of the worst drivers I've seen are the Arabs here on holiday and I wish there was a law governing motorbike rental places prohibiting them from renting bikes to anyone not properly licensed.

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 14:31
My biggest concern when riding a motorbike in Thailand is not the other drivers it's hitting a pothole. Ten days riding...one scary moment...zero accidents seen...one hundred percent fun. No motorbike means you couldn't hang around with me and this would be your loss because I seek out good times like an addict seeks out his next fix.

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2016, 15:19
...No motorbike means you couldn't hang around with me and this would be your loss...

This is why one should immediately review one's post to see how it reads .......and when it reads like that, hit EDIT!

:D

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 15:34
Scottish: Delicious meals at moonlit seafood restaurants...chasing hot boys all over the city...watching the volleyball players down Jomtien way at 3.00am...taking a coffee as the sun sets into the sizzling blue sea (poetic licence)... rides into the countryside to watch the farming boys...Down to Bang saray to watch the fishing boys in their underwear.....these are not on your list? Well they are on mine. But I suspect that most of you are way too pedestrian for me.. Pip pip.

cdnmatt
November 30th, 2016, 15:52
Sounds like someone is going through some sort of mid-life crisis. "I refuse to be old, I'm getting a motorbike, and going to be young forever!". :)

Jellybean
November 30th, 2016, 16:42
Sounds like someone is going through some sort of mid-life crisis . . .

Yes, definitely a mid-life crisis. He’ll come to a sticky end. Mark my words.

Up2U
November 30th, 2016, 16:48
Scottish: Delicious meals at moonlit seafood restaurants...chasing hot boys all over the city...watching the volleyball players down Jomtien way at 3.00am...taking a coffee as the sun sets into the sizzling blue sea (poetic licence)... rides into the countryside to watch the farming boys...Down to Bang saray to watch the fishing boys in their underwear.....these are not on your list? Well they are on mine. But I suspect that most of you are way too pedestrian for me.. Pip pip.

You might want to add a moonlit night on the beach at Koh Tao to your list and they also have motorbike rentals there.

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 18:24
Scoff all you want to gentlemen. Actually the opposite of a mid life crisis, I had mine early and so now I can just enjoy myself and enjoy myself I certainly do. And thank you up2u, I might just do that. Anyway most of you are probably on your second mug of Ovaltine now so I'll let you go to bed.

scottish-guy
November 30th, 2016, 18:35
It wasn't so much the possibility that we'd miss "delicious meals at moonlit restaurants", Arsenal - it was your very bold assertion that not hanging out with you would be our loss.

Maybe it would - but it DID sound a bit pompous!

Jellybean
November 30th, 2016, 18:42
. . . Anyway most of you are probably on your second mug of Ovaltine . . .

My third, actually.

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 18:59
Scottish: Pompous?...Meeeeeeeeeee. Come now, surely not. Perhaps a little. Haha.

cdnmatt
November 30th, 2016, 19:21
Anyway most of you are probably on your second mug of Ovaltine now so I'll let you go to bed.

Is that an invitation for a drinking competition?

I call it... you, me, and NIrish Guy around a table. Bet you're the first in bed.

a447
November 30th, 2016, 19:25
Arsenal, I agree 100% with your philosophy - live life to the full.

But....parasailing? Paragliding? I don't think so!

And sure,I'd love to see those guys in their underwear, watch the volleyball players, chase hot guys around the city. But not on a fucking motorcycle!

I'd prefer to drive around in air-conditioned comfort, thank you very much.

And I want airbags! Lots of airbags!

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 19:38
Matt: I'd be under the table half way through my third beer because I drink so little.
a447: Do you not think you'd lose a little street cred with the boys as we all roar off on our motorbikes while you're still going through your 12 point safety check on the SUV?

a447
November 30th, 2016, 20:10
Unfortunately, any street cred I may have had disappeared long ago. And I struggle to find other attributes to compensate......lol

arsenal
November 30th, 2016, 20:29
Well anyway knowing what Thai boys are like a couple would probably stay with you to make sure you found your way to the party where the others were waiting to ply you with cheap Thai whiskey. On a few occasions my offs have invited me to go with them to wherever it was they were going afterwards. I'm always delighted to receive such an invitation and I always decline because that's their time. It's an honour though.

francois
November 30th, 2016, 23:50
Yes Francois. That is exactly what I want. Posters who agree with me. I am glad someone understands that. Now can I please have some. Thank you.

Sailing a boat, riding a horse, riding a motorbike, parasailing, para gliding, snorkeling etc...all these things carry some element of risk but we still do them. At least those of us who still live a full and active life do.

Arsenal, at one time I thought you were a reasonable person but doesn't seem to be the case.
As Harry Truman, 33rd President of the USA, once said, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". You started this post, but if anyone has a differing opinion you freak out.

However tonight I did poll a few of my friends regarding driving/riding a motorbike here in Thailand. One who is 78 yo would be isolated if not able to get around on his motorbike. Another, who has a motorcycle, does use it but, in general takes some form of public transportation to get around. There are also those you would never even think of driving/riding a motorbike. And there are some,such as I, who do use motorbike taxis but are aware of the dangers. For me, the costs/benefits of owning/driving one are simply not justified.

In the meanwhile, please do enjoy your thrills. As for hanging out with you, thank you, but no thanks.

Personally, I think you are just having a bit of fun by encouraging contrary response.55555

colmx
December 1st, 2016, 04:34
Like Francois - I let my BF do the driving when we are in Pattaya
We usually rent a bike at the Thai price (100B per day for new or nearly new Click) from our friendly neighbourhood laundry lady

2 things BF always points out:
Thai Motorbike drivers always look ahead and to their immediate peripheral vision and not to their sides. By looking ahead they can anticipate what is ahead of them. If everyone did same there would be no accidents. Farang drivers try to anticipate what is happening to their sides, to the detriment of what is straight in front of them!

The majority of accidents that happen to farang passengers on a motorbike are caused by them hanging on to the "bar" at the back of the bike. The "bar" is meant for manoeuvring the bike (e.g. for parking purposes) and is not a handle for holding on to for dear life! By gripping the bar behind them the passenger completely shifts the centre of gravity of the bike, whilst simultaneously delaying their ability to use their arms to break a fall.

So if you are a passenger. Put your arms on your thighs (or around your driver!) and not behind you

arsenal
December 1st, 2016, 09:00
Francois. The invitation to hang out with me was never genuine and so refusal is unnecessary. I sent you a pm. You didn't even bother to reply so reasonable person......Mmm. And you alone seem to be taking this thread a little too seriously and getting rather uppity into the bargain.

Manforallseasons
December 1st, 2016, 09:24
Francois. The invitation to hang out with me was never genuine and so refusal is unnecessary. I sent you a pm. You didn't even bother to reply so reasonable person......Mmm. And you alone seem to be taking this thread a little too seriously and getting rather uppity into the bargain.

This is all getting silly, clearly there are those that like to ride motorbikes and I am one however, if someone doesn't so be it, hardly anything to be abusive about.:drink:

francois
December 1st, 2016, 11:00

Just received your PM. Thank you. Not being uppity; have seen guys buying a bike and crashing within days so am wary of advising one and all to rent a bike if not experienced.
Just call me Chicken Little

Am replying to your PM.

frequent
December 1st, 2016, 11:05
As Harry Truman, 33rd President of the USA, once said, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". You started this post,
What he actually said was "If you can't stand the smell stay out of the shithouse". It's been tidied up for public consumption, just as LBJ's comment about Gerald Ford was. What LBJ actually said was "He can't fart and chew gum at the same time". This was cleaned up as "He can't think and chew gum at the same time"

gerefan2
December 2nd, 2016, 03:18
I drive a bike. I. Happy to do so. I NEVER drive it pissed and I will never let the b/f drive it.
Motor bike taxi drivers are ok when they have a passenger in the back. They are lethal when returning empty to their ramp, trying to be back first.
Drive like a westerner and you won't go far wrong

gerefan2
December 2nd, 2016, 03:21
"He can't fart and chew gum at the same time". This was cleaned up as "He can't think and chew gum at the same time"[/QUOTE]
I far prefer the analogy to helicopter pilots who are aupposed to be able to shave and wank simultaneously

arsenal
December 2nd, 2016, 08:23
Gerefan2 wrote
"Drive like a westerner and you won't go far wrong."
Absolutely.

kittyboy
December 4th, 2016, 05:57
I rent a moto on my trips to Pattaya. I drive slow. Stay with the flow of traffic and generally have much more fun as the moto gives me mobility.
I can understand the reluctance of many people to rent a moto. It is a choice. I don't knock your choices and tell you how stupid you are to not do what I do. I would appreciate the same courtesy in return. I am aware of the risks and dangers associated with riding a moto in the land of smiles. I accept those risks. I am not really interested in someone else going on and on about how they would not make the same choice. I don't care abut your opinion.

Surfcrest
December 5th, 2016, 01:57
http://www.peanutsorpretzels.com/driving-a-motorbike-chiang-mai-thailand/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

This isn't Pattaya, but still captures most of the same themes.

Surfcrest

Rainwalker
December 5th, 2016, 09:25
Riding as Pleasure

Throughout my time of riding motorcycles - in 40+ years, I've had 4 125cc scooters, 1 500cc midsize bike, and 6 1,000+cc big bikes - I’ve frequently pondered the part risk plays in my love of motorcycling as pleasure.

Naturally, awareness and acceptance of risk should not be perceived as pursuing or flirting with it. No rider actively seeks injury or death, but injury and death will always be a part of motorcycling, just as they are of any human endeavour.

The difficulty I’ve experienced when trying to explain why I ride motorcycles (other than as simple transportation) comes from the dichotomy of the tangible, physical results of the hazards of motorcycling and the intangible benefits delivered by the activity itself. I’ve achieved a level of competence in a challenging activity that I’ve almost never experienced before. Riding a big bike or a small one daily has allowed me to explore the subtleties of motorcycling in ways I’ve carried into other areas of my life.

They say that four wheels move the body while two wheels move the soul. That is true; you can think a lot, and deeply, in that bubble of motion and exposure that surrounds a motorcycle.

For me, the attraction of riding motorcycles for pleasure comes from achieving that total presence on the bike. At these moments, the past only contains the last few corners, the future exists just as far ahead as I can see, and the present consists of me, the motorcycle, and the road.

All are one in a dance; the air streaming past, my senses consumed by the exquisite instant at the threshold of being. Time stretches to encompass the sensation of the surface of the road, the subtle changes within the machine, the taste of the wind, and my inner focus and calm.

Perhaps Robert Pirsig said it best in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: "You’re completely in contact with it all. You’re in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.”

Do I need to be pushing the limits of my ability and the motorcycle to reach this state? No.

I’ve experienced it on a slow meander along a 2 lane blacktop back road, riding the twisties under a canopy of redwoods, and on the concrete slabs of an interstate. Every ride contains a morsel of this feeling - just as every ride contains a level of risk.

(written and edited by the poster as well as copied and pasted from a variety of spots on the 'net)

arsenal
December 5th, 2016, 09:40
The piece Surfcrest posted sums it up exactly. And Pattaya too has some truly fantastic places to go that are really only accessible by bike. For instance why not go and watch a game of polo at the Thai Polo Club before a wonderful lunch in sumptuous surroundings at Siam Country Club.

christianpfc
December 5th, 2016, 11:29
Personally, I'm too scared to drive here, either truck or motorbike.
Besides, being blind is a strong contraindiction to driving.

The majority of accidents that happen to farang passengers on a motorbike are caused by them hanging on to the "bar" at the back of the bike. The "bar" is meant for manoeuvring the bike (e.g. for parking purposes) and is not a handle for holding on to for dear life! By gripping the bar behind them the passenger completely shifts the centre of gravity of the bike, whilst simultaneously delaying their ability to use their arms to break a fall.

So if you are a passenger. Put your arms on your thighs (or around your driver!) and not behind you
The rare occasion I use a mocy taxi, I always wondered why it's so uncomfortable to hold onto that bar (which will be behind my butt). If the driver is cute, I put my arms around his abdomen or chest.

As a passenger, my knees are the outmost and my head is the upmost point.

I meet about 2 boys per months who have fresh injuries from mocy accidents.

francois
December 5th, 2016, 13:52
Motor bike taxi drivers are ok when they have a passenger in the back. They are lethal when returning empty to their ramp, trying to be back first.

Amen to that!

gerefan2
December 5th, 2016, 18:23
I meet about 2 boys per months who have fresh injuries from mocy accidents.

Agreed..but I say again drive like a westerner and you won't go far wrong.

Surfcrest
December 9th, 2016, 12:37
http://www.adventureinyou.com/thailand/incredibly-useful-tips-renting-motorbike-thailand/

INCREDIBLY USEFUL TIPS WHEN RENTING A MOTORBIKE IN THAILAND

francois
December 9th, 2016, 12:47
Yes, just rent a bike with no experience, no training and no drivers license, no problem.

loke
December 22nd, 2016, 14:38
I think this topic is worth a thread by itself.

I didn't rent a bike for my first 4 visits to Pattaya and now 12 years later I still consider those 4 visits wasted. Here are just a few things a motorbike will allow you to do easily, cheaply, quickly and actually yes...safely because the Pattaya traffic is rather well ordered and virtually no one has their wallet stolen when they're on a motorbike, unlike a baht bus.

1) More boys. You can check out the available talent in Sunee, Boyztown and Jomtien in about an hour if you so desire.
2) Have a coffee at the top of the mountain and watch the evening lights begin to twinkle over the city as you decide where to start the evenings nefarious activities.
3) Day 5/6 feeling a little rest from the bar scene is required. Ride all the way along to the end of Jomtien Beach Road and from there The Glasshouse is about ten minutes. Sit at the bar and enjoy a latte or a cocktail as the warmth and ambience of this stunning place washes over you.

This is just a tiny taste. Loads more to come.

You can do the same from the safety of your car, If you only visit for a short time , just rent a car and you can do anything you want Just dont drink and drive,
And I would never ride a bike here, I value my life too much .

Been driving a car for 6 years in Thailand and no accidents yet

arsenal
December 22nd, 2016, 15:14
Ioke wrote:
"You can do the same from the safety of your car, If you only visit for a short time , just rent a car and you can do anything you want Just dont drink and drive,"

Yes you can. And you will spend the best part of the evening sitting in your car in Pattayas' heavy traffic. Not to mention the parking problems. And of course a drive around the countryside is just as much fun in a car as it is on a motorbike right? But hey, at least you're safe because no one in Thailand is ever killed in a car. Life isn't about everything being 100 per cent safe and if it was there would be little point in living it would there. Some of us are Easy Rider and some of us are Emmerdale Farm. Up to you.

arsenal
December 22nd, 2016, 15:31
Driving Miss Daisy would be a better reference than Emmerdale Farm which I'm sure many of you haven't heard of. Damn the 15 minute edit window.

scottish-guy
December 22nd, 2016, 15:58
..But hey, at least you're safe because no one in Thailand is ever killed in a car...

Just to point out that the overall death rate on Thailand's roads (36 per 100,000) is surpassed only by .....Libya, and that motorcycles account for 70% of all road and highway fatalities in Thailand.

Now, as far as the Emmerdale Farm analogy goes I'll say only this:

Forget motorbikes, Forget cars ........Much safer just to stick with your Cock and Pullet

:yahoo_mini:

arsenal
December 22nd, 2016, 16:15
Scottish wrote:
"Just to point out that the overall death rate on Thailand's roads (36 per 100,000) is surpassed only by .....Libya, and that motorcycles account for 70% of all road and highway fatalities in Thailand."

In the words of Private Frazier. DOOMED, DOOMED, WE'RE ALL DOOMED.

scottish-guy
December 22nd, 2016, 16:16
Private Frazier?

Getting your sitcoms mixed up dear

arsenal
December 22nd, 2016, 17:09
Oh yes. I meant Private Frazer in Dad's Army played brilliantly by John Laurie. And I think you meant Frasier played brilliantly by Kelsey Grammer.

Nirish guy
December 22nd, 2016, 17:31
Aye, a grumpy oul Scot, always peddling doom and gloom ! Now, enough about Sg, lets get back to Dad's Army eh ! lol ( joke ! ) :-)