PDA

View Full Version : Years & Years

Surfcrest
November 21st, 2016, 13:51
https://youtu.be/hXTAn4ELEwM

https://youtu.be/g_uoH6hJilc

I can't get enough of Olly Alexander of Years & Years...

Surfcrest

cdnmatt
November 21st, 2016, 14:01
You ok? Everything alright?

Surfcrest
November 22nd, 2016, 09:59

https://youtu.be/DBkTMCpJBRg

https://youtu.be/GNb4FBawH_U

He and the boys played the Commodore Ballroom here last Spring and I was pleasantly surprised :)

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
November 22nd, 2016, 19:15
Sorry guys but I gave up wanking off to unobtainable people once I reached about 16

Surfcrest
November 22nd, 2016, 21:26
You'd actually "wank" to a music video?

Oh my!

Surfcrest

Nirish guy
November 26th, 2016, 06:10
Love their music too - and wee Olly seems lovey and well out spoken, genuine and up front and takes no shit about LGTB issues, which is great to see and to see how the younger generation are shaping up to take even less shit than we do / did.

But I have to confess that whilst my BF and I really enjoy their music we had to make a pact to cut down on it as whilst their latest tracks were real "sound of summer" tracks for us my BF and I both enjoyed them so much that we both had our playlists full of their music, with songs repeating every half a dozen songs or so, meaning that each time each or any one of us fired on music in the house (and that was usually loudly) we were both (re)blasted with Olly and the boys over and over again at every hands turn ! So, we had a pact to have a mutual years and years cull and now Olly and the boys are almost just a distant memory and are now a pleasant but rare throw back to the summer and are treated as one of our innocent but guilty pleasures :-)

Surfcrest
November 26th, 2016, 08:57
What I find interesting is how modern performers can now disclose their sexuality without it impacting their business negatively. Even as recently as Ricky Martin, guys were keeping it discreet and separate from their work. Now a days, with some...the impact is positive.

I was watching Survivor this week, where an older Gay man in his fifties came out to a younger man who was already openly Gay. The older guy told the younger that in his generation, people didn't talk about it. The younger guy said that it was the older guy's generation that paved the way for this new generation of Millennials, or whatever you want to call them be so open and accepting of one another's sexuality.

Which hopefully brought us to where we are today.

Surfcrest

Nirish guy
November 30th, 2016, 06:09
Absolutely, the older generation had it tough, from simply condemned as a criminal just for BEING gay ( well and or acting on it I guess too) and that being illegal, not to mention being gay being considered a mental illness that was to be treated with electro shock therapy, right through to the Aids crisis of the 80's etc and everything else, young gay guys now really ( and genuinely) seem to have little or no idea that all of that even happened.

Hell, even my BF ( who's a good few years younger than me ) can't believe that it was an arrestable offence JUST to be gay here in the UK ( just about) before I was born. But on one hand it's a good thing that younger guys aren't aware so much perhaps as that frees them from the enforced repressed guilt that a lot of older generation gay guys now needlessly suffer from, to a lot of younger guys being gay is just like being left handed or having brown hair, it's just a "thing" that makes up who they are and THAT has to be a good thing for their long term mental health.

Unfortunately of course not all younger guys are lucky enough to feel that way or experience that mental freedom which sadly shows that we and society still have a ways to go perhaps, but compared to even 30 years ago my god us gays don't know we're living ! And absolute thanks and respect to those that had to wade through the darker days and suffer the crap that they were put through then ! Hopefully those days will be consigned to past shortly - well, until Trump and Pence start their nonsense and they start legislating for kids to be electrocuted in the brain again to see will THAT to an end to their gayness - cause yeah, that really worked in the past ! :-(