PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Dating App For Gay

Surfcrest
November 7th, 2016, 01:20

http://www.gayasiatraveler.com/blog/2013/07/mobile-dating-app-for-gay-men/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost (http://www.gayasiatraveler.com/blog/2013/07/mobile-dating-app-for-gay-men/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost)

cdnmatt
November 7th, 2016, 01:30
Anyone maybe want to provide a text description of thatt image? I'm assuming some new gay dating service that recently launched?

fountainhall
November 7th, 2016, 07:53
I clicked on that site and a host of "Infection" warnings came up!

destiny
November 13th, 2016, 15:11
I clicked on that site and a host of "Infection" warnings came up!

a little birdie told me that dating guys in real life can cause some infections too

Surfcrest
November 14th, 2016, 00:34
The http://www.gayasiatraveler.com/ is a reputable site. Whatever infectious warnings you are getting, are not from this site.

Surfcrest

fountainhall
November 14th, 2016, 08:30
Whatever infectious warnings you are getting, are not from this site.

Surfcrest
Well, each time I open that site or any of its pages I still get warnings of 5 infections being blocked. On no other gay site do I get those warnings!

But it's perhaps just as well, because it's a really lousy site if you want accurate and detailed information about Gay Asia! How is it that it lists only one gay gogo bar in Bangkok - Tawan? Absolutely no others! Unbelievable! How is it that some of its recommended saunas, discos etc. are long closed - e.g. Senjakala in Kuala Lumpur, Propaganda in Hong Kong and Club One Seven in Singapore? Club One Seven actually closed in January 2015!! . Now I understand why I get all those "infection blocked notices"!

The hotel listings in places like Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Taipei, Singapore etc. are also distinctly odd. How is it that the most recommended hotel in Hong Kong is near Aberdeen on the wrong side of the island and outside the city?

If the dating part of this site is as bad as its listings (go to utopia-asia.com for vastly better information), avoid it!

And this is supposed to be reputable???

fountainhall
November 14th, 2016, 09:50
I've been having a more detailed look at that gayasiatraveler site.

Tokyo:
- no mention at all of any gay or friendly for gay westerner bars
- no mention at all of any saunas including the highly popular 24 Sauna in Shinjuku-ni-chome
Beijing
- no mention at all of any gay venues, not even Destination - arguably the best gay bar/disco in the whole of the country
Hong Kong
- Volume/Beat bar is listed but closed a year ago.
News Section
- the latest news item is dated March 5
Taipei
- When I open the Taipei Gay Sauna page, it is blank. No mention of several gay saunas including Aniki, one of the finest in Asia on a par with Babylon in Bangkok.
Taiwan
- absolutely no mention of the biggest Gay Pride Parade in the entire continent that this year attracted around 82,000
- absolutely no mention of the three bills now before the Legislature to legalise gay marriage.

To anyone who knows Asia, this site is basically a con job by someone obviously trying to cash in on gay travellers. It should be exposed as such! Sadly it's not the first and no doubt won't be the last!