PDA

View Full Version : Jellybean

a447
November 4th, 2016, 17:19
Haven't heard from him for quite a while. I hope everything is ok. Does anyone know how he's doing?

fountainhall
November 4th, 2016, 17:21
I really don't know since it's a good 9 months or so since we met in Bangkok. But he does spend half the year back in the UK and may not pay much attention there to the Boards.

christianpfc
November 4th, 2016, 17:26
Everything is fine with jellybean.

a447
November 4th, 2016, 17:28
Good to hear, Christian .

Vielen Dank!

scottish-guy
November 4th, 2016, 18:08
Jellybean is a real sweety

:p

francois
November 4th, 2016, 18:27
Yes, Jellybean returned mostly recently to Bangkok. :yahoo_mini:

Jellybean
November 5th, 2016, 16:11
Crikey! There I was, minding my own business, out for a pleasant dinner with ChristianPFC last night in the Patpong area of Bangkok when he casually announced that there was a topic about me on Sawatdee Network. My reply was along the following lines . . . “Whaaaaaaaat? What did you say? About me? Really? Oh my God! So, what was said?”

Well, having read the opening question by a447 and having a quick look at some of the most recent topics, all I can say is, that I am so glad it was created by a447 and not arsenal. Had it been him, I’m convinced it would have been calling for my expulsion from the forum on the grounds that, er, . . . em, . . . on the grounds that I haven’t posted for over 6 months and was therefore making no useful contribution to our learned debates. Only joking arsenal, don’t go getting your knickers in a twist! :))

Yes, fountainhall was quite correct. Wow! Such a good memory founty, old sport. I do tend to spend half the year back in the United Kingdom, where I don’t usually post or spend much time reading the forum. I returned to Thailand 12 days ago and shall be here in the Land of Smiles for the next 6 months.

Ahhh . . . jellybeans. Yes, my favourite sweets Scottish-guy. And no doubt they are to blame for my ever expanding waistline, which is now almost comparable to he-who-must-not-be-named!

While here, I may as well post something meaningful and write about my first week or so back in Thailand.

After dinner, I wandered along to ‘Soi Twilight’ with ChristianPFC. In days gone by I used to get so excited at the prospect of going to this infamous soi. But not so these days. For the most part, when here in Bangkok, I can almost forget its existence. We walked the length of the soi and on the way I did spot a couple of potentials at the two massage parlours and another couple of guys in two of the host bars. So, if things go tits up on the relationship front, I might well pay a return visit. Up at the far end, outside New Classic Boys bar, we were encouraged to go in. I asked about the drink prices and was told 350 baht. I declined and was offered the lower price of 300 baht. We had no intention of going in and walked back down the soi and sat in a host bar and took in the sights. The volume of the music was much louder than I thought was currently allowed. The host bars seemed busy enough, but I don’t recall seeing many customers going into the go-go bars. Maybe Christian, with his greater eye for detail, might care to add to my comments.

For the last 10 or so years I have been using Qatar Airlines to fly to Thailand and have been very happy with their service. However, at the time of booking, I found that their Business Class (BC) prices were way in excess of the previous year. So I looked around for another airline and opted for Emirates, whose BC price was roughly the same as I paid Qatar the previous year. Every time I arrive back at Suvarnabhumi Airport, I feel like I’ve never been away. It’s a strange feeling.

Unlike Qatar, Emirates offer a complementary pick-up and drop off service (within certain boundaries). So, for the first time, I was picked up at the airport and taken to my condo in Sathorn, Bangkok. The chauffeur was an excellent driver, very professional, spoke very good English, used the Easy Pass gates at the tollbooths and, despite it being the evening rush hour, got me back to my condo in about an hour.

Prior to my departure, dear François advised me to remember to bring some black shirts with me, which I had to go out and buy, as I was clear out of them when I checked out my wardrobe. :)

But seeing so many people dressed in black was, I must admit, slightly creepy and at times I’ve felt like an extra in a horror movie. I was however happy to fit in and show my personal expression of respect and sympathy with Thai people for the sad loss of His Majesty the King. The trouble is, I am very, very white. So much so, that when I met Marti for lunch the other day, he expressed shock at my colour and asked if I had been living in a cave for the last six months! So the combination of my very white skin and black attire really makes me look like one of the walking dead!

Shortly after I arrived back, the residents and staff of my apartment building were invited to attend a very moving and respectful candlelight ceremony to offer our condolences on the death of HM the King. I was glad at that time to be wearing the right apparel and was treated very kindly by the Thai people present.

Now, members with long memories will recall that my first week in Thailand is never an easy ride. As always, I had the most horrendous first week as I suffered from jet-lag. Surely I can’t be the only member to suffer with it? It totally floors me and completely knocks my mojo into touch. It’s just as well there are six months ahead of me. If I’d come on a two week holiday I’d be well scuppered.

So, in the first few days, I did some practical stuff like paying any outstanding maintenance and other bills, going to dtac and renewing my mobile ‘phone Internet access and topping up my ‘phone balance. I also found my home Wi-Fi to be annoyingly useless yet again. My signal is constantly being lost. The concierge advised an upgrade, so I popped along to True at Silom Complex and changed my contract and agreed to an upgrade, which will be carried out this afternoon. While at True, I decided, for the time being, not to renew my television package as I rarely watch the TV here, which is miles behind what I am used to on Sky ‘Q’ in the UK. I prefer to watch movies and US TV series DVDs, which I buy on Silom Road.

Turning now to the question of Thai boys. While in Pattaya last December I met a really lovely guy working in one of the go-go bars in BoyzTown. He ticked all the right boxes and we kept in touch and he came up to see me in Bangkok many times and I also returned to Pattaya to see him. Sometime later we even flew up to Khon Kaen to see his family. Things were working out quite well between us. However, after I returned to the UK in April, he continued to work in the bar and I never questioned him on this, knowing I would be away for 6 months and there was a good chance I may never have seen him again. But we kept in touch, then three months later, I learnt that he had left the bar. When I chatted with him he said he wanted to go to Bangkok and work in a hotel. I was quite happy with this decision as I really wasn’t too happy with him working in the bar, but I did not want to apply any pressure on him to leave the bar, his many friends and Pattaya. I therefore provided the financial means to enable him to move to Bangkok. So far, he has not been very successful obtaining the job he wants and has now decided that working in a bank would be preferable to working in a hotel. He has a job interview next week.

During my time away, a guy with whom I had been in contact from an Internet site prior to me meeting the boy from BoyzTown, got back in touch. He is from Sisaket and, at the time, I had no plans to visit him and he couldn’t visit me, so contact with him fizzled out. But things changed and he moved to Bangkok and found a job as a hotel receptionist.

So, for 5 or 6 months I kept in contact with both guys, never really expecting both of them to stay in touch. So, on my arrival, I was faced with a bit of a quandary. What do I do? But as the Internet guy and I had not met in person there was a very good chance that when we did meet, nothing much would come of it. My experience of Internet contacts is that in around 60% of cases the boys don’t want to proceed after meeting me as I’m not a pretty picture, my face is disfigured following oral cancer 14 years ago. I am prepared for an adverse decision and don’t take it badly. So despite sending the Sisaket guy photos of me and telling him on numerous occasions that I’m not a pretty sight, he still wanted to meet me. We had lunch together last week and I was convinced that would be the last I ever saw of him, but no, he is keen to meet again and take things further. He is also a lovely guy, speaks pretty good English, seems affectionate and said afterwards in a text that he wanted to hug me as we parted, but wasn’t sure if I would be ok with it. He has a job and he isn’t, as far as I am aware, a former sex worker. But I feel so guilty for just having had lunch with him.

Then there is my ex-bar boy from Pattaya. We have had lunch twice, once at the food court at MBK shopping mall and a restaurant at Central World. His English isn’t quite as good as the Sisaket guy, he still hasn’t found a job, despite the passing of three months, and I am still supporting him. And, he’s not quite as affectionate, as I would wish, although maybe he has improved in my absence.

There are times a447, when I wish I could just be a butterfly, I do so envy your easy going bar hopping style. Life seems so much simpler as a butterfly, no dramas, no hand-wringing, no stress, no worrying and definitely, in my case, considerably cheaper! The only thing is that after so many years of being a butterfly, it doesn’t really satisfy me. So I feel caught between a rock and a hard place.

Now, neither boy has visited me at my condo in the last 12 days, having jet-lag and a loss of libido were grounds enough to keep both guys at arms length. But I no longer have that excuse and at some point in the very near future I shall have to invite one or other of the boys to my condo. So, another fine mess I appear to have got myself in.

A small degree of artistic license was used in the drafting of the above post.

scottish-guy
November 5th, 2016, 16:22
Good to know we can scrub you off the Dead List then Jellybean :D

Regarding your visage - we Scots mostly have a self-deprecating side to our character and in keeping with that I often make comments to boys along the lines of "Oh leave me out of your selfie, I'm fucking old and horrible".

I'm dismayed every time when the reply is "But you have good heart"

Bastards!

:D

catawampuscat
November 6th, 2016, 12:24
Brilliant, honest and meaningful post by jellybean. I've met him several times and he no ogre,
despite his self description. The vast majority of gay farangs are hard on the eyes, but
fortunately most of us are here to look at young Thai guys and not fellow old timers.
JB a genuinely nice guy.

a447
November 6th, 2016, 12:47
Cat, I've never met him but he certainly comes across like that.

francois
November 6th, 2016, 15:56
As the Yanks are apt to say,all wool and a yard wide describes Jellybean.

Jellybean
November 7th, 2016, 10:22
Cat, I've never met him but he certainly comes across like that.
Well a447, in recent years we have tried to meet up at some point during one of your frequent trips to Thailand. But each time you arrive, it appears to get harder and harder to meet up with you because more and more of your time is taken up with the important business of [Bleep]ing. And I’m most reluctant to have an adverse impact on your score card or your most informative and interesting trip reports, which I judge to be the best read on the forum.

As the Yanks are apt to say,all wool and a yard wide describes Jellybean.

“All wool and a yard wide” you say François. I must say I have never heard of that expression, but at first glance I thought you were casting aspersions on my girth, but after checking the Dictionary.com, I see it is a very great complement, which I am more than happy to reciprocate. I shall write to you privately regarding my forthcoming trip to Pattaya. I judge now would be a good time to ‘get out of Dodge’ for the reasons I am about to expand upon.

Now, I should like to add to my earlier report and involve and interest more members.

I haven’t been here for two weeks yet, but the money requests and high dramas have started already. Honestly, dear readers, sometimes I think I have an inbuilt drama magnet. Is it me, or is it Thailand? - a question I frequently ask myself.

On Saturday, my Internet guy from Sisaket sent me several sad stickers on the app’ Line. When I asked why he was feeling sad, he said his mother was in hospital. Ahhhhh . . . here we go, I thought. Almost every single guy I’ve met in Thailand tells me that one of their parents, siblings or grandparents has been admitted to hospital and needs money. ‘Why?’ I asked with some degree of trepidation. She was involved in a motorcycle accident, he told me. Then he added that he had sent the family 10,000 baht. Oh-oh! I could feel a request for money coming my way. ‘Why isn’t she in a free hospital?’ I asked. ‘Hospital no free’ he replied. Hmmm . . . I’m no expert on the Thai health system, but I know that relatives of a previous long-time boyfriend have used free hospitals. I’m afraid I don’t know the criteria for their use, or how widespread their availability.

Bearing in mind, I have met him only once, I thought; I hope he’s not expecting me to contribute to the hospital costs. I contented myself with expressing sympathy for his mother’s unexpected calamity.

Then, early yesterday morning, I had no sooner opened up my mobile ‘phone, when I received a deluge of messages informing me he had nowhere to sleep and asking if he could sleep at my ‘room’. Biting my lip, I asked him why he couldn’t go and sleep in his own room, as if I didn’t already know the answer. As expected, he replied, ‘Have no money for rent. I paid 10,000 baht for ma ma’. WTF? Surely most of us would ensure that we always had money to pay for the roof over our heads before helping out someone else. No? Or am I missing something peculiar to Thai culture?

To cut a long story short, after much to-ing and fro-ing, I said he could sleep over one night, but he couldn’t simply move in. I hardly know him for goodness sake! And, how am I to explain his presence to my ex-bar boy from Pattaya? No, I don’t like the way this affair has taken on a momentum of its own.

As he had just finished a night-shift at the hotel, I assumed he would just want to go to bed and sleep. I said after I had done my cleaning chores I intended going out, so he could sleep in safety in my guest bedroom. He then surprised me by saying he didn’t want to sleep in my apartment on his own. Well, up to you, I thought. After a short delay and some consideration on his part, he said a friend had agreed to put him up. Hmmm . . . a lucky break for me perhaps?

Crikey! The word ‘butterfly’ keeps popping into my head. As I said in my earlier post, life as a butterfly, especially since I am here for only 5 or 6 months of the year, seems eminently more practical and worthy of my serious consideration.

Since this is a forum where other members’ opinions are valued and, indeed, expected, it would be interesting to broaden out this topic and find out how other members would handle such a situation.

arsenal
November 7th, 2016, 11:27
As a total butterfly I simply don't have these issues. In fact when a previous off asks me to off him again (assuming I don't want to) I put on a face of sorrow, flap my hands a little and say 'I butterfly." That stops any further requests immediately.

scottish-guy
November 7th, 2016, 14:03
Wait Jellybean - did I read that right?

On the (very great, I know) assumption that the story is true, the mother is in hospital and required 10000B - you're questioning that her son chose to give the 10000B instead of paying for his room? The act seems plausible to me, although I'm not saying the situation is genuine.

On the subject of free/paid hospitals, I've no knowledge of the Thai system but I know that in Vietnam you only use public provision if a) you can find any, and b) you are completely desperate.

I have paid hospital bills a few times over the years but I insist on in situ photographs of the patient in their hospital bed with drips attached - which is no biggie as it seems every incident these days must be captured on the mobile phone anyway. I guess they could hire a bed for 15 mins to set up the pic but that alone would deserve payment for the enterprise shown

a447
November 7th, 2016, 14:28
Jellybean, I'll be in Bangkok sonetime next month and I'll move heaven and earth to meet up with you.

Regarding your problem, I get the feeling that Thai parents of bar boys are very prone indeed to having accidents and ending up in hospitals. Surely there can't be a single spare hospital bed up in Isaan! On the other hand, the buffaloes seem to be doing much better these days as I haven't heard a "buffalo die" story in years.

So no, I wouldn't pay, especially as you hardly know him. Surely he has other farang he's known longer than you who could help out if they believe the story.

I'm no longer a butterfly - I've had regulars to "take care" of me for years. It makes things so much easier. Problem is, the guys often leave the scene and I'm back to finding someone else.

Last trip I had a regular from Eros so I'm hoping he'll still be there when I return. And I have 2 regulars in Bangkok, one for daytime fun and the other for evening shenanigans.

Nirish guy
November 7th, 2016, 16:14
JB you simply need to learn three short and simple words and keep repeating them when required - those words are "oh, sorry, cannot".

If you're feeling compassionate perhaps finish them with a sad smiley for effect. Thai boys have no compunction in lying / twisting their stories to suit / play us to meet their particular needs without the slightest hint of guilt about that so I have learnt to repeat the above phrase each and every time when required with a clear conscience and whilst stating them square in the eyes.

Trust me they'll know EXACTLY what you're doing and you will actually get more respect from them for it in the future.

Trust me, try it, it's very liberating !!

catawampuscat
November 7th, 2016, 17:22
Maidai works. It means cannot and is more polite than No. Maidai also 'saves face'.

colmx
November 8th, 2016, 00:28
I’m no expert on the Thai health system, but I know that relatives of a previous long-time boyfriend have used free hospitals. I’m afraid I don’t know the criteria for their use, or how widespread their availability.

AFAIK The free health depends on who you supported during the red Vs yellow debate
The Red shirts get their free Thaksin-care hospital. Those that did not vociferously support the red shirts must cough up the cash! This is certainly true in my BFs village - where none of his family qualify. But the Thai-rak-Thai supporting village boss and neighbours do

GWMinUS
November 8th, 2016, 10:35
Maidai works. It means cannot and is more polite than No. Maidai also 'saves face'.

HAHAHA tell me how to say that in Tagalog...
I am one of those Americans that feels guilty...

GWM

Jellybean
November 8th, 2016, 10:43
Jellybean, I'll be in Bangkok sometime next month and I'll move heaven and earth to meet up with you . . .
That’s great news a447. I have a feeling that we will meet up this time. I’m looking forward to it.

. . . On the (very great, I know) assumption that the story is true, the mother is in hospital and required 10000B - you're questioning that her son chose to give the 10000B instead of paying for his room? The act seems plausible to me, although I'm not saying the situation is genuine . . . :D

Well, Scottish-guy, over the last 10-11 years I have heard the accident story so often that it is now difficult to determine fact from fiction. Something didn’t seem quite right, although it is, of course, entirely possible that an accident did actually happen in this case. One day, all was well, the next I was told of the motorcycle accident and the next day he was asking to sleep at my apartment. I did offer to put him up for one night, but since I had met him only once for lunch, I wasn’t going to give him an opened ended arrangement, now that he appeared homeless. Maybe I was missing something, but it did seem rather coincidental that paying money towards his mother’s hospital costs occurred at exactly the same time his rent was due. I have no knowledge of whether if rent is due on a certain day, if it is not paid, does the landlord/landlady automatically lock the tenant out. Is there no period of grace? Do they not accept payment a few days or weeks late? I simply don’t know.

Anyway, things have moved on. The Sisaket boy telephoned me early yesterday morning and again asked if he could sleep at my apartment. His friend was not available. I again offered him the use of my guest bedroom, but on condition it was not for longer than one night. He said he needed to sleep during the day and started work at 21:00. He said he expected money to be returned from the family, so he could pay his rent on Wednesday and stay at his friend’s on Tuesday. This seemed fair enough and I was happy to put him up for one day.

He turned up within 20 minutes and the poor guy looked exhausted. My guest bathroom has all the necessary toiletries he would require. And I had bought a collection of designer underwear in the UK for both boys. So, I gave him a pack of three, rather smart, Oiler & Boiler underwear, a very swish complementary toiletries bag I was given by Emirates and said there were spare T-shirts and polo shirts in the wardrobe for his use. They are now too small for my use. For security purposes I took a photo-copy of his ID card and placed my money, laptop and UK mobile ‘phone in my safe. He then showered and went to bed in my guest bedroom.

I then went downstairs to the gym. Regrettably, I need to lose a few kilos following a rather sedentary lifestyle back in the UK. I left him alone to sleep for most of the day and even popped out to a supermarket and Starbucks for a couple of hours. He eventually woke up around 16:30. He looked so much better after a long sleep.

Later, he ordered some Thai food from our room service and I contented myself with some salad. We chatted a lot and, considering I had met him only once, we were very relaxed with each other. I found him to be far more affectionate than my guy from Pattaya and his English is much better. Hmmm . . . what am I to do? Both boys are attractive, but I think the Pattaya boy has the edge, but his command of English is not so good.

With regard to Sisaket boy’s mother, I think she fell off her motorbike after she hit a pothole in the road. She was in the hospital for one day/one night and has since returned home.

NIrish-guy, thanks for your comments. I did not pay any money towards the hospital costs, but I did give him 200 baht for his taxi/food costs. He was back at his hotel within 10 minutes.

We have agreed to meet for lunch on Thursday. He expects to regain entry to his room on Wednesday and stay with his friend on Tuesday.

Or, will he?

To be continued . . .

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2016, 16:28
jellybean...he's a MB and according to the likes of arsenal and a447 they are kind smiling gentle folk who are as honest as the day is long....

Nirish guy
November 8th, 2016, 18:31
HAHAHA tell me how to say that in Tagalog...
I am one of those Americans that feels guilty...

GWM

Well GWM after your sound travel advice I thought I'd return the favour so went and asked my PH BF the answer to your question - only for a (lighthearted) row to break out between us !

So, I explained the concept of Miadai etc and the whole allowing the other party to save face etc, whilst still firmly saying no and asked him what phrase you could / would use in Tagalog and the answer I got back was "there is none, just say NO" ! I then explained ( again ) that the whole point was to soften the No and that there MUST be a polite way of saying no there too and suggested that if his best friend needed to borrow money from him he would perhaps try to soften that no with some other phrase and if so what would that be - and the answer again a sharp NO ! both to my question and in answer to the question !

So, knowing my BF as I do and with him being Flipino and so having an apparent aversion to doing anything that may require him doing anything that even vaguely resembles him using any effort ( ie having to actually THINK about what I was asking him in this case ) I pressed ahead and asked AGAIN, pointing out that there MUST be a politer way of speaking to someone other than just saying NO only to get hit up the face with a bloody Thai answer ( and the one that I often quote to him in jest) of "you think to much!" ( he knew that would wind me up :-) but he did proceed to genuinely say that "no, when we want to say no, we say no, as it's what we mean and it's clear and unconfusing and WHY would I / you want to risk complicating things by enlarging on a simple no, when no is quite sufficient !"

He did go on to say you might say "No, I can't lend you money because .....and then give a good ( made up) reason and the reason would be considered the important part if you didn't want to fall out with your friend perhaps - but as to is there a softer phrase that should be used other than "no' then NO, there's not and that's only us being bloody white guys talking round in circles "apparently" and not saying what we ACTUALLY mean !

So, he was sent off with a "oh forget it as you're all a bunch of lazy non communicative sods then it seems" with me then slapped over the shoulder with a "and yeah and you're all a bunch of two faced liars just it seems", so, thanks, it looks like i'll be making my own lunch now today and if he asks later did I not make him any I'll be sure to say in a very loud and clear voice "NO" I fucking didn't, that hopefuly will be clear and concise enough even for him ! lol :-)

Mancs
November 8th, 2016, 19:13
When I'm saying no to requests for money, which I have often done, I try to explain with 'many men ask', 'my currency very weak', 'my pension very small', 'my business very bad', 'my buffalo very dead' etc. But the astute MB merely sends a photo of the problem-frail mother, him lying in hospital bed, passport with entry about to run out. Then I send the money. I will try to use this magic word 'Mydye' and see if it helps.

christianpfc
November 8th, 2016, 23:49
Glad to see you're back posting, jellybean.

After dinner, I wandered along to ‘Soi Twilight’ with ChristianPFC. In days gone by I used to get so excited at the prospect of going to this infamous soi. But not so these days. For the most part, when here in Bangkok, I can almost forget its existence.

I came to a similar conclusion:
Years ago I was yearning for Soi Twilight, but now, if I read on the internet that it’s all gone, I would just shrug my shoulders and pass by next opportunity to confirm. This thought (not being dependent on these overpaid under-performers) cheers me up!
I won't get into a bar for 350 Baht drink price, not for 300, at 200 I would ask for a rain check.

When boys ask me for money, it's usually something that has nothing to with me, and they somehow managed before me and will somehow manage after me and will somehow manage now without my help.

GWMinUS
November 11th, 2016, 10:17
Well GWM after your sound travel advice I thought I'd return the favour so went and asked my PH BF the answer to your question - only for a (lighthearted) row to break out between us !

HAHAHA Nirish, I hope I did not get you locked out of the bedroom??
I usually just say "Sorry, no budget." But some of my friends are persistent. Like in Thailand.
Then I have to say "Many bills this month, do not have anything to share".
But being an American, I seldom say "No".

INGAT (Take Care)

Jellybean
November 11th, 2016, 11:35
. . . Continued from post #20

Just when I thought it was safe to wake up and switch on my mobile ‘phone on Tuesday morning, I was proved wrong. As soon as I switched it on, there was another stream of messages on the app’ Line. Readers may recall that I said in my earlier post that the Sisaket guy would be sleeping over at a friend’s room on Tuesday. Well, his not so dependable friend apparently refused to answer his telephone as my guy tried, in vain, to contact him after he finished his night shift at the hotel. The messages said he couldn’t contact his friend and had nowhere to sleep. But he said he would keep trying to contact his friend. When I enquired why his friend wasn’t answering him he said he didn’t know, maybe he had been out late and was sleeping. I said I was sorry to hear this. The messages kept coming just as they did the previous two days. Crikey! Am I not to be given any peace? So I asked, ‘Do you want to sleep in my guest bedroom again?’ Of course, he replied ‘yes’.

But I was going out that day, meeting ChristianPFC and I was already late for the gym while waiting on my Sisaket boy to turn up. As before, for security reasons, I put my money, UK mobile and laptop in my safe.

I had already washed his towels, but thankfully, hadn’t got around to washing his bedding. So I provided him with a fresh set of towels and left him alone to have some breakfast, shower then go to bed.

After a curtailed period in the gym, I returned to my apartment, had breakfast and showered. Christian called, as arranged, and we caught a No149 rickety, air-com free, old Thai bus outside my apartment block, handing over the very reasonable 5 baht fare.

I spent most of the day out with ChristianPFC, on what I like to call one of our mini-adventures. I have mentioned and posted about these in the past, where Christian, with his massive knowledge of all things Thai, takes me to places I would never have considered going to or finding on my own. This time we visited the Royal Barges National Museum in Bangkok, located close to the Chao Phraya River. Entrance is free, but if you want to take photos, you are charged 100 baht and given a ‘Granted permission to photograph’ tag, which you wear around your neck.

We also visited a temple, which was still under construction; close to a shrine that we were told by a monk was 300 years old. We thought we had stumbled upon the Jesda Auto & Technik Museum, but found it was their offices. They did however still have examples of two or three different types of bubble cars and large models of tanks and toy cars in their reception area. No doubt, Christian will write about these places, in much greater detail and post photos on his blog at www.christianpfc.blogspot.com at some future date.

I returned to my condo around 17:15, completely exhausted, to find my Sisaket boy still asleep. He didn’t emerge from my guest bedroom until around 18:00. I must say the Oiler and Boiler underwear sit very well on him. He looked very sexy.

To be honest, given the short-time I’ve known him, I was amazed to see how relaxed and comfortable we are with each other. But I couldn’t help but compare him to the boy from Pattaya, whom I’ve known for nearly 12 months. Disappointingly, we are nowhere near as relaxed with each other, despite us having been very intimate with each other. No shenanigans have yet taken place between me and the boy from Sisaket. But he is happy to cuddle up with me on the sofa or lie out on the sofa with his head in my lap, as if we’ve known each other for years. I don’t quite understand this contradiction. It’s the sort of natural loving relaxed behaviour I wish my boy from Pattaya would adopt. I recall commenting on the absence of these small but essential touches back in April, the last time we were intimate together. His reply was a disappointing and unpromising, ‘people are different.’ Hmmm . . .

A part of me cannot help but reflect on the circumstances of my meeting of these two very different boys. One was a money boy, whom I first saw in a Pattaya go-go bar, and the other is a boy from a provincial town with a non-sex related job, whom I met on the Internet. He lost that job and moved to Bangkok in search of gainful employment and found a job as a hotel receptionist.

Some readers may be surprised that I haven’t already had hanky-panky with my Internet contact. I am holding back on taking things further because I fear that if we sleep together, then that will definitely mean curtains for my relationship with the Pattaya ex-go-go bar boy. And, I am not really sure I want that to happen. The Sisaket boy is actually too thin for my taste and there is a little hint of the drama queen about him. Whereas the Pattaya boy’s body is perfect for me and he is straight acting. A combination of the characteristics of both boys would be my ideal. If only I could point the Pattaya boy to the Sisaket boy and say, ‘See, that’s how I would like you to behave.’ Of course, I could never do that.

That evening, the Sisaket boy ordered food from our room service, which I again paid for. But surprisingly, he hardly touched the food and we ended up putting nearly all of it in the rubbish bin. What a waste of food I thought and a waste of 306 baht, slightly more than the sum many Thais are paid as a national minimum daily wage. Oops . . . are Christian’s monetary values rubbing off on me? Hmmm . . .

On Wednesday, he would have money back in his bank account, enough to pay his rent and regain entry to his room. After showering and getting himself ready for his night shift we parted on affectionate terms, agreeing to meet for lunch at Terminal 21 shopping mall at Asoke on Thursday. Again, I gave him 200 baht to cover his taxi fare with a bit extra so he could buy some food if he got the munchies later.

So, despite asking me for financial assistance over his rent, which I declined, he hasn’t asked for anything further, except a bed to sleep in. If only that was the case with the boy from Pattaya. Perhaps I should just wipe the slate clean and start again. Now there’s a thought. [Long sigh.]

Smiles
November 13th, 2016, 09:22
" ... Now, neither boy has visited me at my condo in the last 12 days, having jet-lag and a loss of libido were grounds enough to keep both guys at arms length. But I no longer have that excuse ... "
"I no longer have that excuse". For what ... the jet lag, or a Libido Lost? If latter, Milton surely would be all over that ... a theme for an add-on for a long lost chapter: sex tourists burning in hell.

christianpfc
November 13th, 2016, 18:22
Christian called, as arranged, and we caught a No 149 rickety, air-com free, old Thai bus outside my apartment block, handing over the very reasonable 5 baht fare.

This time we visited the Royal Barges National Museum in Bangkok, located close to the Chao Phraya River. Entrance is free, but if you want to take photos, you are charged 100 baht and given a ‘Granted permission to photograph’ tag, which you wear around your neck.

It’s the sort of natural loving relaxed behaviour I wish my boy from Pattaya would adopt. I recall commenting on the absence of these small but essential touches back in April, the last time we were intimate together. His reply was a disappointing and unpromising, ‘people are different.’ Hmmm . . .

But surprisingly, he hardly touched the food and we ended up putting nearly all of it in the rubbish bin. What a waste of food I thought and a waste of 306 baht, slightly more than the sum many Thais are paid as a national minimum daily wage. Oops . . . are Christian’s monetary values rubbing off on me? Hmmm . . .

The wording is ambiguous, the bus had no aricon and the fare was 6.5 Baht.

The museum is free during the mourning until Feb (?) 2017.

That's why I separate "my type" and "my style" for boy and sex. I have a boy who lives nearby (no long travel for him, has mocy) and is cheap (500 Baht) who is my type, but not my style. Sex awkward. I have to reduce frequency we meet or even drop him completely.

Being wasteful with food and with your money is a poor start.

francois
November 14th, 2016, 00:00
[QUOTE=christianpfc;211233]The wording is ambiguous, the bus had no aricon and the fare was 6.5 Baht.

Jesus wept!

If you are to comment on Jellybean's "air-com" with "aricon" best to get it right.

christianpfc
November 14th, 2016, 14:32
That evening, the Sisaket boy ordered food from our room service, which I again paid for. But surprisingly, he hardly touched the food and we ended up putting nearly all of it in the rubbish bin. What a waste of food...
Next time, put it in the fridge/freezer and keep it for me?

scottish-guy
November 14th, 2016, 15:59
Jellybean - remember if Christian is coming over to eat the leftovers, hide the toilet roll

MiniMee
November 14th, 2016, 16:45
You won't need the toilet roll if he comes around to clean out your fridge. (That's a little Thai joke - Scotty wouldn't understand)