PDA

View Full Version : zing resort

gedykaie
September 24th, 2016, 22:34
hi guys anyone stayed there and is it ok for joiners booked in for November but any probs will cancel

Steve1903
September 25th, 2016, 03:50
no problem with joiners. take him to the desk to leave id then go have fun

gedykaie
September 25th, 2016, 04:31
thanks steve

latintopxxx
September 25th, 2016, 05:39
..and in future just be self confident....stop asking for permission...walk into the place/hotel like u own it and its your right to drag whoever u want into your room for a spot of fun. If u ask they can say no...most times they back down if challenged...bar one time when i was an absolute beginner...I have never paid for a joiner.

goji
September 25th, 2016, 05:48
Zing used to be a gay hotel, so I should hope they have no problems with joiners.
1 If you book a room for 2, then 2 people are entitled to stay there with no further fees.
2 Should you want reassurance, e-mail them with the question. If you don't like their answer, either negotiate or cancel your booking.

latintopxxx
September 25th, 2016, 06:30
...there u go again asking for permission.

chillnorther
September 25th, 2016, 07:25
...stop asking for permission...walk into the place/hotel like u own it...

Exactly.

Book a double room when you make your reservation to eliminate any(extremely unlikely)technicalities. Some places in party zones in Thailand will ask for an obviously temporary guest's ID for your security and theirs, which I appreciate. Other places don't. I've only encountered this in Thailand.

Beyond that, you Do own the place.

Have fun.

chillnorther
September 25th, 2016, 07:33
I would only respectfully disagree with goji on his second point. I owe too much to those who came before me to negotiate or ask permission from others to be myself.

Oliver
September 25th, 2016, 15:19
I think it's reasonable not to put our boyfriends (or "offs") into situations where they may be embarrassed. I may well be able to brazen-out such moments but I know that my boyfriend would be mortified if he were made to feel unwelcome. And I won't allow that to happen.

chillnorther
September 25th, 2016, 16:23
Only once were myself and a companion made to feel uncomfortable-- many years ago at the Montien on Suriwong. I don't recall any other desk clerk or gatekeeper in a hotel either gay or mixed who has shown anything save tact and courtesy for my occasional guest, either inside Thailand or elsewhere. I've generally accompanied guests out of the hotel to make sure the exit was as gracious as the exit, even when the interim was less than exciting. Given its location, the Zing is unlikely to be other than welcoming.

paperboy
September 25th, 2016, 17:19
This is where im staying next year for the first time. I would always stay in patatay , but after last year, where i spent most of my nights in the jomtien complex, i thought i would try it. I got a very good deal, i think from agoda.

latintopxxx
September 25th, 2016, 21:52
I find that being brutally open/honest works best, even bordering on hostile when encountering difficult reception staff. I dont mind that my " date" needs to leave his ID behind, afterall its for my security; and more than once the reception has pointed out that the ID does not belong to the holder which squashes that date immediately. But on the odd occasion when they try to add a surcharge I simply inform them that either I have a double room/or that he's not staying the night/all we gonna do is have sex...and invariably they back off. Im gay, I love sex and I dont need to apologise.

gedykaie
September 25th, 2016, 22:59
thanks guys for all replies think I will stick with booking and e-mail just in case

robofox
September 26th, 2016, 02:34
I have stayed there a couple of times, all be it when it was the Ganymede. For a lot of the rooms, especially round the pool, you don't actually need to go through reception (unless you hand your key in every time you leave). So you're able to walk straight in. The bar doesn't seem to stay open too late either so again, not many staff about. They still seem to have a few boys working out of there but most are straight, but very gay friendly!

The rooms I've had were adequate and cleaned daily. It's only because I made friends with Bill and Chen BC Bar, and it suits my situation (and cheaper) that I don't consider it anymore.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

gedykaie
September 26th, 2016, 05:01
thanks robo booked through booking . com although price shot up due to brexit think I will just fulfil my booking

Dalewood
September 26th, 2016, 08:19
I stayed there last year and no IDs were requested.

Old git
September 27th, 2016, 22:42
Although much less of an issue today than it once was, I have always worked on the principal that if you give hotel security staff an inch, they'll take a mile.

I always walk tall when entering, politely acknowledge their existence momentarily with an upward nod (don't try to pretend you haven't seen them) - and if they begin to challenge the presence of the person I'm taking back to my room, I just say quietly, but firmly 'it's OK' and carry on walking. If they persist, I give them my best 'are you mad?' look, say 'it's O-K..' a bit more slowly and proceed.

The alternative approach is the Alan Whicker method. His many adventures led him into some awkward spots and to extricate oneself he advocated being loud and very British, using one's best BBC voice, slightly raised and impatient, but impeccably polite: 'Now excuse me, we must get through here, everything's in order, thankyou so much..'

At which point, he said, officialdom melted away..

Davey612
September 28th, 2016, 22:49
I am debating whether the pool facing suites are worth the extra money. Any opinions? Thanks

latintopxxx
September 29th, 2016, 02:03
personally I only use the hotel rooms to sleep in and for sex dates...certainly didnt fly a gazzillion miles to sit in a generic room staring at a pool...can do that at home. Go for the value proposition and use the saved cash for stuff u can truly enjoy.

Moses
September 29th, 2016, 02:30
I am debating whether the pool facing suites are worth the extra money. Any opinions? Thanks

It is normal (not a gay with guest age limits policy) hotel now, so you can meet situation with playing and crying kids near pool from early morning... worth it some extra money or not - your choice.

dinagam
September 29th, 2016, 12:56
During my recent stay in August, I had a room next to the suite with a balcony facing the pool. As it was at the end of the corridor and furthest from the router, I had issues with the WiFi and the T.v. reception.
There were rooms on the ground floor that opened to the pool area, but I didn't enquire about the category.
Some renovation work was ongoing with bearable noise pollution.
Room guests with valid I'd are allowed, presumably one at a time for reservations for a double occupancy room. I guess if you're staying in a suite, you could bring more than one.
N.B. The guy working in the fitness room is into fisting, from some pics I saw is his gayromeo profile.