PDA

View Full Version : A thrilling new attraction comes to Pattaya.

arsenal
September 19th, 2016, 13:29
Currently under construction.

FROST
Magical Ice of Siam

It's being built right next door to one of Pattayas' other fantastic 'must see' tourist attractions, The Pattaya Sheep Farm. This area is going to need vast car parking space to accommodate the zillions of excited visitors who will no doubt flock to see these world class treats.

frequent
September 19th, 2016, 13:43
Magical Ice of Siam

I though methamphetamines and so on are banned in Thailand

a447
September 19th, 2016, 15:20
Currently under construction.

FROST
Magical Ice of Siam

It's being built right next door to one of Pattayas' other fantastic 'must see' tourist attractions, The Pattaya Sheep Farm. This area is going to need vast car parking space to accommodate the zillions of excited visitors who will no doubt flock to see these world class treats.

Just another place where they can fleece you.

arsenal
September 19th, 2016, 15:27
nICE pun a447. Clever wordplay certainly doesn't get the cold shoulder from me.

a447
September 19th, 2016, 17:31
Cool!

Surfcrest
September 19th, 2016, 19:44
https://youtu.be/vrX5v0mhhu4

Ice sculptures.

arsenal
September 19th, 2016, 21:04
The thing is, this is almost certainly being built for Chinese tour groups on the basis that no one else is likely to be interested. However perhaps the investors don't realise that Harbin in the north of China holds perhaps the worlds premier ice sculpture show every winter. And for most Chinese this is an absolute 'must visit at least once' so they'll probably give the one in 90'c tropical Thailand a miss.

fountainhall
September 19th, 2016, 21:28
I'm not so sure this is just for the Chinese. I have met a lot of people around South East Asia with a major desire to see snow and ice! It's one reason why vast numbers take winter holidays in Korea and the north of Japan. Harbin is certainly a huge attraction but how many can visit the Ice & Snow Festival over a month? Less than a million. Sapporo which has the only other similar Festival says it gets 2 million. If the new Park is not cheap and tacky, it could have the potential to draw visitors from around the region.

Moses
September 19th, 2016, 21:29
no one else is likely to be interested

I think Malaysian, Indonesian and Arabs will like it, Thai as well...

arsenal
September 19th, 2016, 21:35
Fountainhall: Well it certainly looked pretty cheap and tacky to me.

dinagam
September 19th, 2016, 21:37
Let's not forget the tourist delegates from the Indian subcontinent.
We are getting a lot of them in recent years.

christianpfc
September 20th, 2016, 00:13
Prices are reasonable (according to flyer I got at tourism fair in QSNCC 350 for adult, 150 for child, no indication of double pricing; 40% discount until 31 dec - but don't know if this only applies if you bought ticket at the tourism fair, which I did not; but I took two flyers with discount voucher should I go with a friend).

I have been to a similar place in Hat Yai (300 Baht entry for foreign adult) http://christianpfc.blogspot.de/2015/01/hat-yai-ice-dome.html and will go to FrostPattaya and probably take a local friend when everything aligns (space, time, transport, friend).

bkkguy
September 20th, 2016, 00:27
If the new Park is not cheap and tacky...

cheap and tacky? a Pattaya attraction? surely not!

bkkguy

mahjongguy
September 20th, 2016, 07:24
I'm slipping behind. Still haven't been to Rubber Land. I'm assuming it's something like Cabbages & Condoms. :)

Doug
September 20th, 2016, 08:58
Sounds interesting but can I join a good game of shinney (hockey) there? I understand that the members of this forum are not the sort of tourists interested in these type of attractions but I haven't heard much of he new water park that opened or the show place on Tepparasit...I think it was called coliseum. Is Anankharn show place still operating? I went to the Aquarium near Nong Nooch and found it quite good...the Thais I was with loved it but it's a place once you've been there that's all you need.

a447
September 20th, 2016, 10:12
Why waste money on yet another attraction. They already have Ripley's Believe It or Not. What else could they possibly want?

Smiles
September 20th, 2016, 15:08
Clever word-play certainly doesn't get the cold shoulder from me.
Actually you do quite well yourself:
" ... zillions of excited visitors who will no doubt flock to see these world class (sheep) ... "

I'm assuming this is Latinproxxy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQouzyUOVqE

Up2U
September 20th, 2016, 15:58
Sounds interesting but can I join a good game of shinney (hockey) there? I understand that the members of this forum are not the sort of tourists interested in these type of attractions but I haven't heard much of he new water park that opened or the show place on Tepparasit...I think it was called coliseum. Is Anankharn show place still operating? I went to the Aquarium near Nong Nooch and found it quite good...the Thais I was with loved it but it's a place once you've been there that's all you need.
The Coliseum is going strong, plenty of Chinese tourists.