PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Beach

Surfcrest
September 14th, 2016, 20:06

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1085809/bigger-better-beach-planned-for-jomtien

A bigger, better beach planned for Jomtien according to the Bangkok Post today.

fountainhall
September 14th, 2016, 21:49
Even with a lot more sand, the new beach won't look like that photograph. The presence of groynes will both break it up and make it more unsightly. But it is probably the only way of saving it in the longer term. I do wonder at the wisdom of having only two groynes over such a long beach. In most other parts of the world they are placed every 100 - 200 meters.

mahjongguy
September 15th, 2016, 07:49
Surfcrest, what is that photo? It isn't Jomtien.

mahjongguy
September 15th, 2016, 08:13
Okay, it's Pattaya Beach, possibly from before the street was widened.

Surfcrest
September 15th, 2016, 08:51
Sorry, the photo from the original article was crap so I added, what I thought was a better photo. My eyesight isn't the best...I should have noticed those boats as not being Jomtien.

Surfcrest

Up2U
September 15th, 2016, 11:48
Jomtien beach looking south:

paperboy
September 15th, 2016, 17:41
i still dont understand the atraction to this filthy disgusting beach, while in other parts of Thailand there are some of the best beaches in the world.
Theres not even any rent boys on the beach any more, so whats the atraction???

arsenal
September 15th, 2016, 18:44
Careful Surfcrest. Any more rookie errors like this (wrong photo) and our own inch high private eye Minimee will start demanding to know exactly when you were last in Thailand. And the whole saga starts all over again.

dinagam
September 15th, 2016, 21:14
paperboy,

On any given evening there are hoards of Khmer boys, etc on the promenade at Jomtian starting from the police post all the way to the night market and beyond. Mind you, the Khmer boys are quite a friendly bunch. Although work on the promenade is still ongoing, it is quite a nice place(albeit dusty) for a stroll in the evening.

Up2U
September 15th, 2016, 21:18
i still dont understand the atraction to this filthy disgusting beach, while in other parts of Thailand there are some of the best beaches in the world.
Theres not even any rent boys on the beach any more, so whats the atraction???
Parasailing, banana boats, wind surfing, jetskis, beach massage, full service concessions with food, drinks, free wifi and yes the boys are still there just in fewer numbers.

Mancs
September 16th, 2016, 02:51
Parasailing, banana boats, wind surfing, jetskis, beach massage, full service concessions with food, drinks, free wifi and yes the boys are still there just in fewer numbers.

Jomtien beach does have character. Being a bit out of the way, anything can happen.

Nathan B
September 29th, 2016, 16:55
Mind you, the Khmer boys are quite a friendly bunch.

How friendly? Are they available or just hanging out?

Up2U
September 29th, 2016, 20:13
Many of the Jomtien complex bars have Cambodian waiters,Home, 3Bb, BC just to name a few. Actually the Cambodians can outnumber the Thais and some bars even have Cambodian mamasans/managers. The Thais cannot speak Kmer and the Cambodians struggle with Thai which makes for an interesting environment. I find the English spoken by the Cambodians as good or better than the Thai boys.