PDA

View Full Version : Yupins latest report as at 9 Sept

lonelywombat
September 12th, 2016, 13:43
When recently in Pattaya I dined at Yupins a lot. Great wines with very large wine glasses and first class food
LW

Hi Again,

This summer seems to be going very quickly, no sooner is it the weekend than the next one comes around!

And it is also a very short time between seeing friends who came earlier and then here they are back again, from either a local destination like Cambodia or Laos or Vietnam or China, or else a World Tour, straight back to Yupins for a meal and a bottle!

It is good to see so many lovely people come back time and again. It is like a club dining room in our restaurant and so good when every one is talking across the tables! Great fun is had by all!

I have added some photos below to show you what is happening around here….

Very exciting is the new Hyperdrive Scramjet Boat Plane delivering Russian and Chinese tourists to the heart of Pattaya, direct onto the beach.
I am assured by Mr Yupin that 20 planes will arrive every day, each carrying at least 500 tourists. Tighten your seat belts please!!

Then below that photo is one of Lars Robertson, a regular follower of our culinary efforts, recently returned from Sweden where he is selling a restaurant and coming to Pattaya, has presented Yupins Restaurant with a very beautiful Ruby and Jade Buddha which will sit on the top shelf to oversee proceedings every day and take care of us.
This Buddha also has the Royal Family crest on the base, back and front.

Then we have a bottle of 'CHASE GIN' very kindly and generously presented to Mr Yupin by Martin Baldwin, a much appreciated regular customer of Yupins Restaurant.
Martin's farms produce the apples and potatoes that go to make this superb top end gin. Mr Yupin has stated his unconfined approval of this gin and guarantees its provenance. I will check with him the facts when I can find him. 5555

Below that, some smiley staff from Yupins,)))) working hard to help you enjoy the evening!

Then a new dish, well, new to us anyway, a Salad Niçoise, designed by Mr Yupin who had to eat this salad every day when at Nice University and grew to love it. Yum Yum!

After that a 1920's advert gently reminding you not to drink ABSINTHE and drive !!! Very appropriate for today. It is a herbal psychotropic drink which may affect your ability to live says Mr Yupin, and
we do have it in stock, please take a ticket and make a queue.

And lastly the Church of St Stephens Basilica - A serious Catholic Church - not exactly a Council building, in Budapest, from where Barry has just returned.
I just think it is a great photo.

I want to thank you for being our customer and supporting our culinary efforts so graciously, we do get some very nice comments and we are very grateful indeed for them.
We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit, but do travel safely. It's a bit wild on the roads around here. You need eyes all around your head!

Best Wishes and Love from Yupin xxx

yupin@yupins.com

www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant (http://www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant)

paperboy
September 12th, 2016, 19:49
sorry went twice this year with a boy from HOME bar, it was so so. nothing to write home about, plenty other places in the area much better
sorry but thats my opion

catawampuscat
September 12th, 2016, 23:36
Yupons ideal for lonely farangs who dine alone. The very friendly farang owner stood next to our table
and conversed with a solitary farang for quite some time. It was obvious that the lone diner
was a regular. Unfortunately, we had to hear their conversation which was somewhat loud
as the owner was standing.
I ordered pork chops which were too thin and too well done. To be fair, my companion
enjoyed his dinner. Mine was only so so.

lonelywombat
September 13th, 2016, 08:11
So you took a bar boy from Home Bar to Yupins. Did he ask for that or did you just decide yourself. We all have places we like and if we did not all restaurants would be the same.
But what are the places in the area that you nominate. Are they farang favouring or jointly for Thais.
They could be worth a visit.
I have not posted about the unsatisfactory meals I had outside Jomtien May do that.

Up2U
September 13th, 2016, 10:56
I like Yupins especially if you like British cuisine. The Tapas Restaurant is now closed, Poseidon, over priced, pretentious and nothing special although they have an excellent roast chicken on Sundays. John's, boring and hasn't changed the the menu since the day it opened and Oliviere, living in the past(same funky flatware) and you never know when it is open. There are some good restaurants within a short walk, La Taverna, Labocca and Amadeus to name a few.

frequent
September 13th, 2016, 14:36
Yupons ideal for lonely farangs who dine alone.
What about those who dine alone but are not lonely? I usually take something to read and woe betide anyone who assumes that I'm some sad thing who needs cheering up by attempting to engage me in conversation

catawampuscat
September 13th, 2016, 20:32
Overly talkative restaurant owners can be very annoying. The former owner of Amore in
Boyztown, Pattaya was a classic example. I suppose lonely old farangs might have liked
someone talking to them.
The least tasty national cuisine is the British. Over cooked and bland. I am unanimous in
that. I do love British comedy but have learned to steer clear of Sunday roasts.

cdnmatt
September 13th, 2016, 21:06
Overly talkative restaurant owners can be very annoying.

Yes. If you want to ensure I never become a returning customer, stand at my table and tell me your life story while I'm trying to enjoy my dinner. That will do it every time.

francois
September 20th, 2016, 00:00
Dined at Yupins tonight with a farang friend and two Thai guys. Excellent food. Owner only greeted us on arrival and thanked us upon leaving. Highly recommended.

scottish-guy
September 20th, 2016, 01:11
...I am unanimous in that...

How's your pussy?

:p