PDA

View Full Version : Joe552

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2016, 12:55
Missing in action? Anybody have any info? :(

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2016, 13:43
I actually sent joe a PM a few weeks back to ask was he ok as we hadn't heard from him in quite a while but didn't receive any reply.

I know his last post here wasn't very positive with something about his circumstances had changed for the worse and his elderly mother being ill etc. I do hope he's ok.

Smiles
September 10th, 2016, 14:27
Joe's last post on Sawatdee (Dec 15, 2015):

" ... It's nice that someone has missed me. Unfortunately, my personal circumstances have changed dramatically in the last few months, and a trip to Thailand is unlikely in the next few years. I continue to visit the board, but don't feel I have anything to contribute at this time. And no, I'm not one of the new moderators! ... "

Joe definitely had a predilection to long periods of time when he just 'went away'. But the wording of his last post above seems somewhat grave.

francois
September 10th, 2016, 14:39
Joe's last post on Sawatdee (Dec 15, 2015):

Joe definitely had a predilection to long periods of time when he just 'went away'. But the wording of his last post above seems somewhat grave.

Pun intended??

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2016, 14:41
Hmmmm but despite what he says about continuing to visit the board, I think his last login was months ago.

I do hope he hasn't gone to the great GoGo bar in the sky - well actually I do hope he's gone there if his circumstances warranted it....hell you know what I mean

AsDaRa
September 10th, 2016, 14:49
Can he be in jail? Or is it possible to log on from jail? If people say here it is not the first time he is just gone for quite some time I am thinking about one thing only: jail.

Smiles
September 10th, 2016, 14:51
AsDaRa, you're an idiot. :crazy_mini:

Moses
September 10th, 2016, 14:59
Last Activity May 12th, 2016 10:18

Magnum
September 10th, 2016, 15:29
He deleted his gayromeo profile months ago, too. I hope he is fine, I've always liked him.

AsDaRa
September 10th, 2016, 16:12
AsDaRa, you're an idiot. :crazy_mini:

Why? If someone is gone for months a few times, than the jail option isn't that an idiotic proposal. Obviously it will be petty crime because else you will remain longer in jail. Of course my proposal is ridiculous if you can just use the Internet in jail. Depends on the country I guess.

scottish-guy
September 10th, 2016, 16:55
ECHR notwithstanding I can think of no jurisdiction which would consider logging in to a Thailand gay forum to be an inalienable freedom lol

arsenal
September 10th, 2016, 20:31
AsDaRa seems to be pushing himself as a low rent version of Latin who is pretty bargain basement himself so I'm not sure there's a market there.

AsDaRa
September 10th, 2016, 21:10
AsDaRa seems to be pushing himself as a low rent version of Latin who is pretty bargain basement himself so I'm not sure there's a market there.

Why this reply? I was serious. What is so horribly strange in proposing that maybe he is in jail?
I don't know the guy. But I read in this thread it has happened in the past also. He disappeared for months. Then returns for 2 years, then disappears for months again. Petty criminal who now and then has to do time? Really that ridicolous a proposal? Really?
I just proposed a possible answer to the topic's question. The OP was wondering where he was. I just gave a possible reason. That is all.

cdnmatt
September 10th, 2016, 21:16
Keep digging AsDaRa. How deep do you think you can get that hole before you're done?

joe552
September 10th, 2016, 21:53
Well, gentlemen, I'm truly flattered. I didn't expect to be missed as much as I was/am. Gratifying, indeed.

I haven't been in jail, so we can put that to bed for a start. As I said previously, my personal circumstances have changed and there's little prospect of me visiting Thailand in the next few years. But I still visit the site - I just don't bother logging in.

I still enjoy reading about people's experiences there, and look forward to a return at some point in the future.

Thanks for remembering me (honestly). You're a good bunch of guys (mostly)

francois
September 10th, 2016, 22:16
Good to hear from you Joe, you had us worried.

MiniMee
September 10th, 2016, 22:31
So, there you have it. Joe is is alive and well and and not incarcerated following a conviction for paedophilia as some might have imagined. Thank goodness for that. Joe is a decent guy and just recognized that since he had not visited Thailand for a number of years, he had nothing of substance to contribute. Rather than waste our time with lame jokes from the Carry On films or 1950s Music Hall, he kept silent. What a decent chap. But I am sure he will visit again one day and I am sure he will post a great Trip Report when he does!

Smiles
September 10th, 2016, 22:48
Joe, think about it. You are probably the only member who has his own eponymous thread.
Some years ago there was a thread entitled "To That Asshole Smiles" but I don't put that in the same category.

a447
September 10th, 2016, 23:01
Welcome back, Joe, even if it's just a quick appearance to confirm that you are not a jailbird!

Nirish guy
September 10th, 2016, 23:06
Hold on ! how do we know he's NOT replying from Jail !!!! ok joe - Fess up - you're in for a 10 stretch for armed robbery and GBH right ?? :-) I AM joking of course, good to hear you're still with us at some level ( and in every sense of the word ! )

scottish-guy
September 11th, 2016, 00:24
Glad to hear that you're OK Joe.

The reason I posted is that just last week I met up with a fellow board member when neither of us were in Thailand (since both of us are total fakes) and I mentioned to my fellow Walter Mitty character that we had not heard from you for a while.

Also great to hear MiniMee's view that if one has nothing of substance to say then one should just shut the fuck up.

Accordingly I look forward to an indefinite period of silence from MiniMee as his 189 posts to date have been almost totally devoid of any substance whatsoever, not to mention jokes(from any era/genre) or intellectual merit.

Gentle readers ought not to just take my word for that - his crappy "likes" ratio speaks for itself.

a447
September 11th, 2016, 09:24
Joe, I hope you're feeling the lurv!

And yes, you should be flattered, especially as some long-term members disappear, never to enter our thoughts ever again.

All the best.

joe552
September 11th, 2016, 17:52
I wonder if a crowdfunding appeal to all you lovely guys would enable me to return to Thailand next year? One can only ask!

Nirish guy
September 11th, 2016, 18:11
god loves a trier :-) I'm up for a tenner lol

arsenal
September 11th, 2016, 20:19
Gonna have to take drastic action regarding Minimee and his lack of 'likes'. I think that the 'like' button is simply too ambitious in these circumstances. I propose a 'remotely interested' button instead and then we can take it from there. Because to be remotely interested in anything Minimee posts you have to be remotely interested in exactly when Scottish was or wasn't in Thailand. And I don't think too many are. What say you Surfcrest?

dab69
September 12th, 2016, 00:28
I never felt posts from joe552 needed any substance to be enjoyed. And great to see you, scottish and Nirish on a thread again.
For the good of the forum. And maybe you will visit Thailand again soon. I skipped this last year, and never know about the next year until I buy a ticket. Only makes the next visit more special