PDA

View Full Version : Balls, balls, balls!

francois
September 6th, 2016, 01:03
No, not those Thai brown balls that you like to fondle but the yellow ones that people like to swat with rackets.

Just where do you think all those yellow balls are made? Well, right here in Thailand courtesy of the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/sports/tennis/wilson-tennis-balls-made.html

cdnmatt
September 6th, 2016, 01:14
Gee, thanks. Leo was sitting here when I opened that article, so sure enough, wants to go play tennis tomorrow now.

He keeps seeming to forget I'm sick, and have trouble walking 50m, let alone running around a tennis court.

scottish-guy
September 6th, 2016, 08:58
You do realise Matt that someone is now almost certainly going through your posting history just dying to quote any in which you previously said you walked over 50m, dont you? :))

cdnmatt
September 6th, 2016, 09:35
You do realise Matt that someone is now almost certainly going through your posting history just dying to quote any in which you previously said you walked over 50m, dont you? :))

Well, right now i have medicine up the wazoo (literally, unfortunately), so hopefully my energy level begins to regain normality shortly, and I can do neat things like walk to the store again without feeling I'm going to collapse.

On that note, another thumbs up to the friendliness and compassion of your average Thai person! Sometimes it's obvious I'm in rough shape because I'm crouched down, staring at the ground, panting. But other times I didn't think it was so obvious, but I guess obviously was. Nonetheless, it's quite heart warming the number of total strangers who have approached me asking if I needed help. I've even had a couple pass me on a bicycle, do a u-turn, and come back to ask if I was ok.

Not good that my health is in this shape, but puts a smile on your face knowing random people around the streets will go out of their way to help if you need it.

francois
September 6th, 2016, 12:32
Sorry to read about your health, matt, now you know what it is like for us old-timers here in the land of smiles.Every man needs his boy to lean on at times like these.