PDA

View Full Version : Hotel near suvarnabhumi airport

colmx
August 21st, 2016, 20:48
Hi All
My flight from Ireland arrives into BKK at 21.30 on a Friday night
I will meet up with BF at airport and we will be flying to Vietnam at 11.00 the following morning

Any recommendations for hotels in and round suvarnabhumi?

The Novotel is €180 - and I refuse to pay that much!
Somewhere that has late food/drinking would be useful as I doubt we will go straight to sleep
Thanks in Advance!

Moses
August 21st, 2016, 23:21
You shouldn't keep yourself near airport - just take hotel near station of Skytrain link to airport. Also at booking com you can choose "hotel has shuttle to airport. I found 5 hotes at the distanse 1 km, 3 or 4 star, with shuttle bus, referense from guests "8 and up points" and with price range "up to $50" for night

pong
August 22nd, 2016, 00:45
so the choice is:
take ARL with 100s of choices- and also -this is BKk-always some lady frying up somewhere in the cart or a 7 or whatever with hot meals, open 24/7
use a HTL nearby with its own shuttle-there are at least 20 and some had glorious reports about its staff being very willing for service (I think from latin not that long ago- name was ''queen /something'' or so-but maybe this does not interest you at all with the BF turning up. Note that some HTLs-this is TH-cheat a little and charge for the shuttle TO airpt-and shuttles may have inconvenient times. Most of these HTLs are spread out along the long Ld Krabang rd and may sit in the darkness with nothing nearby.
I was bedded in the NovoTel last srping due to serious airplane delay for a short nite (left too early to get the BF-buffet) and the standard would in my estimate cost 50-60 eur in normal parts of TH.

Sen Yai
August 22nd, 2016, 02:32
Blimey, you are slowing down in your old age Colmx.

Landing at 21:30 is the perfect time to head straight to Soi 4 to catch up with the craic, then to Soi 2 and DJ and thence to Soi 2-1 for a late night boogie at GOD. That should leave at least 4 hours for sleep at a near-by place like D’Varee (fka Bally Suites) before jumping in a cab at 9:00 for your 11:00 flight.

Don’t waste time with an early night and cup of Horlics – this is your holiday!

Dboy
August 22nd, 2016, 02:36
I've tried this a few times. Novotel is ok, but definitely not worth the money as you said. I've also tried Plai Garden. It LOOKS close to the airport. In fact you can see the airport from the hotels rooms. But it takes longer to get there than you'd think. They do have a free van to the airport, including for very early departures. If there's a hotel near the airport worth staying at, I've yet to find it. Having said that, you might look into Plai Garden. There's not much to see in the area, but there is a thai food shop within 5 minutes walk.

colmx
August 22nd, 2016, 03:38
Blimey, you are slowing down in your old age Colmx.

Don’t waste time with an early night and cup of Horlics – this is your holiday!
That sounds great to me... but I know I have no hope of getting BF out of bed after a night like that and we would inevitably end up having a row and missing the flight!

Seems that there is a live music pub near the airport - Chaika suvarnabhumi, so I guess thts where the entertainment will be on the first night!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvAQbifE7iw

Seems quite a few hotels in the area of Lad Krabang road - so I guess that's where we will end up staying
The @Residence appeals to me the most: http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/at-residence-apartment.en-gb.html

goji
August 22nd, 2016, 04:49
Several years ago I once tried staying near the airport, as I had an early morning flight to Vietnam.

The flight was at 7:00 am or something dumb (I don't do that any more). The hotel was on booking.com and advertised a free shuttle bus to the airport.
Well, I got to the hotel and found the shuttle bus only run every hour. As the shuttle bus wasn't perfectly matched to my schedule, I ended up leaving 40 minutes earlier than intended. That 40 minutes could have been sufficient to get me a taxi from Silom to the airport.

There was also very little around the area & some aircraft noise at night, although I have to say it was OK.

Of course, if all you want to do is arrive late at night, shower, sleep, then not even take breakfast, any hotel with good reviews on booking.com should be sufficient.

christianpfc
August 26th, 2016, 23:36
There is Nasa Vegas Hotel next to ARL Ramkhamhaeng. Wide choice of rooms from 750 THB (their website; I remember advertising from 450 Baht - that might be short time? and rates getting lower from 10 pm - midnight - 2 am or similar). The hotel is so big, it might have own entertainment complex and direct connection to ARL station. Your times are within ARL schedule (now no more express line, only city line).

With 11 am flight you might want to be at the airport at 9 am, going there by taxi might take time due to traffic jam.