PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalisation in Thailand

frequent
August 19th, 2016, 08:24
Is anyone able to confirm whether Thais ever turn off a life-support system, or do their Buddhist superstitions not allow that last act of mercy? How long can someone - a senior citizen with a history of heart problems, for example - be kept alive on life-support machines?

latintopxxx
August 19th, 2016, 08:55
...until your money runs out ...stooopid

2lz2p
August 19th, 2016, 11:54
Thailand now has a law permitting living wills - so you can direct that in terminal cases, with no hope of recovery, that you will not be kept alive by artificial means.

cdnmatt
September 14th, 2016, 07:08
What about temples? Obviously against Buddhism, but there were some temples performing abortions, so...

Is there black market temples that perform things like assisted suicide for those who are terminally ill?

cdnmatt
September 14th, 2016, 07:35
Apparently, Thailand is a hot spot for Nembutal purchases.

http://veasb.blogspot.com/2015/02/flying-to-thailand-for-nembutal.html

dinagam
September 14th, 2016, 11:44
Yes indeed.
A couple of tablets and a stiff drink will set your body in rigor mortis very quickly.

cdnmatt
September 14th, 2016, 11:56
Do you know, how painful is it? Do you just go to sleep, and that's it? Or do you have to endure the feeling of your insides melting for a while?

scottish-guy
September 14th, 2016, 12:33
This is all kinda morbid.

It's not as if we can dig someone up and ask how painful it was

cdnmatt
September 14th, 2016, 12:51
Sorry.

francois
September 14th, 2016, 16:22
Do you know, how painful is it? Do you just go to sleep, and that's it? Or do you have to endure the feeling of your insides melting for a while?

My guess is that not many live to tell about it. If given intravenously the subject will be dead in seconds. Have seen this when administered to animals (dogs).

Old git
September 14th, 2016, 23:57
Do you know, how painful is it?

If you want a cheap sure way to do yourself in without feeling a thing, and without leaving a bloody mess for someone else to clean up, all you need is a large plastic bag and a cylinder of an odourless inert gas, such as nitrogen or argon.

Put the bag over your head, with the cylinder (or a pipe leading from it) next to your face. Turn on the gas.

Due to oxygen deprivation, you will soon drift off to sleep, never to re-awake. Because you are breathing gas, your body will not gag from asphyxiation and because the gas is inert, your body will not recognise it as toxic (as it would carbon dioxide).

Death by oxygen deprivation causes rapid brain death, after which your other bodily systems will soon shut down. No pain, no mess.

francois
September 15th, 2016, 00:08
Have you tried it Old git to confirm how painless? Seriously I once inhaled helium just to change the pitch of my voice and it was very unpleasant experience.

dinagam
September 15th, 2016, 08:30
francois,

Your mellow falsetto voice is still soothing to the ears...

Old git
September 15th, 2016, 15:35
"I once inhaled helium just to change the pitch of my voice and it was very unpleasant experience"

Helium is a very light gas and that may have caused a strange sensation. 80% of air is Nitrogen and wholly innocuous and harmless provided it has the other 20% of oxygen to keep you alive. Pure nitrogen will take you out very quickly, and there have been industrial accidents where people have gone into a nitrogen filled room without realising anything was amiss - until they fainted..

scottish-guy
September 15th, 2016, 16:19
Perhaps a Board poll to recommend a panel of suitable SGT members to try out the various suggested methods of self-euthanasia, and for each to report back (or in the case of a successful demise, to not report back).

Clearly witnesses would also be required.

I nominate MiniMee as the subject but clearly I could not be a witness as I am never in Thailand - and admit to just posting vaudeville jokes and suggestive lines from the "Carry On" movies from the comfort and frugality of my local Wetherspoons pub.

If only Wetherspoons would introduce the "check-bin" system, I would post a verification pic

:drink:

fountainhall
September 16th, 2016, 09:30
(or in the case of a successful demise, to not report back).
I assume therefore that you (or perhaps you will persuade Surfcrest) will pay for the cremations and repatriation of the urns! :clapping:

Surfcrest
September 16th, 2016, 10:30
Apparently, Thailand is a hot spot for Nembutal purchases.

http://veasb.blogspot.com/2015/02/flying-to-thailand-for-nembutal.html

I've always wondered why balcony dives in Thailand or even the rest of Asia for that matter, have been the way of choice for so many.
I'm sure you are all familiar with Farang Deaths, now that the site is back up. http://www.farang-deaths.com/

No doubt, euthanasia or "doctor assisted suicide" as we like to call it over here, will be widely available around the world.
It would make a lovely addition to medical tourism.

Surfcrest

scottish-guy
September 16th, 2016, 23:51
I assume therefore that you (or perhaps you will persuade Surfcrest) will pay for the cremations and repatriation of the urns! :clapping:

Surely you know that all SGT members are multi-millionaires who can well afford to fund their own funerals

Steve1903
September 17th, 2016, 03:21
I've always wondered why balcony dives in Thailand or even the rest of Asia for that matter, have been the way of choice for so many.
I'm sure you are all familiar with Farang Deaths, now that the site is back up. http://www.farang-deaths.com/

No doubt, euthanasia or "doctor assisted suicide" as we like to call it over here, will be widely available around the world.
It would make a lovely addition to medical tourism.

Surfcrest

Oh my. What a joyful little website.

frequent
September 17th, 2016, 08:35
I see my original question was too subtle for many but in these times and with the LM regime nudge-nudge is the only way these things can be discussed

frequent
September 17th, 2016, 08:37
If you want a cheap sure way to do yourself in without feeling a thing, and without leaving a bloody mess for someone else to clean up, all you need is a large plastic bag and a cylinder of an odourless inert gas, such as nitrogen or argon.

Put the bag over your head, with the cylinder (or a pipe leading from it) next to your face. Turn on the gas.

Due to oxygen deprivation, you will soon drift off to sleep, never to re-awake. Because you are breathing gas, your body will not gag from asphyxiation and because the gas is inert, your body will not recognise it as toxic (as it would carbon dioxide).

Death by oxygen deprivation causes rapid brain death, after which your other bodily systems will soon shut down. No pain, no mess.

This is an unofficial euthansia site - http://maxdogbrewing.com/ - see http://www.vice.com/video/death-in-a-can-australias-euthanasia-loophole

Old git
September 17th, 2016, 18:08
'I've always wondered why balcony dives in Thailand or even the rest of Asia for that matter, have been the way of choice for so many'

And of those that do choose that method, how many appreciate the risk of being mortally wounded, but still conscious (and in extreme pain..) for a while after the fall..?

scottish-guy
September 17th, 2016, 18:42
I'm not sure rationality comes into it when you've reached such a state of despair that you feel it necessitates a leap from the 10th floor