PDA

View Full Version : Funny Boys - closed?

neddy3
August 15th, 2016, 12:09
For the past three nights, Funny Boys has been closed.

And this is the Fri Sat Sun of a long weekend, when Pattaya is busier than usual.

A competitor thinks that they cannot even round up 6 go-go boys to open.

For a bar with such a successful history, this is very sad.

a447
August 15th, 2016, 15:14
Maybe the boss gave them the three days off.

Mancs
August 16th, 2016, 06:18
Sorry to hear this. One of my favourite men in Thailand was working in Funny Boys. Please update if any news.

jvt22222
August 16th, 2016, 10:30
I had a quick chat this morning on Hornet with one of the long term staff ..says it is closed and not to reopen .. really a sad end to what once was the best gay bar in Pattaya.

neddy3
August 16th, 2016, 11:20
..says it is closed and not to reopen .. really a sad end to what once was the best gay bar in Pattaya.

Closed again last night (Monday).

Very disappointing indeed.

A couple of former Funny Boys are now at Toy Boys, and a couple more at Cupidol.

gerefan2
August 16th, 2016, 21:48
Think positively....it went downhill since Madam Rose left years ago. Let that be a lesson to bar owners.

Hopefully, it will reincarnate as Cupidol has done at the other end of the street.

frequentfliers
August 17th, 2016, 02:33
I had a quick chat this morning on Hornet with one of the long term staff ..says it is closed and not to reopen .. really a sad end to what once was the best gay bar in Pattaya.

Hope not,this was the best in Pattaya for years.

neddy3
August 17th, 2016, 10:14
Closed again Tuesday night. Now 5 nights consecutively.

So I guess that's it.

Thankyou and goodnight.

arsenal
August 17th, 2016, 10:21
I bet it re-opens by December. Interesting how go go bars open and close yet Scandic remains in business.

Patanawet
August 17th, 2016, 11:10
Come back Rose!!!!!

scottish-guy
August 17th, 2016, 14:53
Come back Rose!!!!!

The search is on!

AHHH, the '70's :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-m_CxQacM

homeseeker
August 18th, 2016, 18:45
Think positively....it went downhill since Madam Rose left years ago. Let that be a lesson to bar owners.

Hopefully, it will reincarnate as Cupidol has done at the other end of the street.

-I agree. Rose knew what the customers wanted, and made sure that the bar met that need. I went to Funny Boys a couple of months back and I have never seen such a motley unsuitable bunch plying their trade.
Anyone wanting to open and run a successful bar ought to look at the likes of Cupidol and Toy Boys to see how its' done.

goji
August 19th, 2016, 01:28
-I agree. Rose knew what the customers wanted, and made sure that the bar met that need. I went to Funny Boys a couple of months back and I have never seen such a motley unsuitable bunch plying their trade.

I agree too. Funny Boys used to have by far the best selection. Probably over 50, including about 10 gorgeous twinks, plus boys to other tastes.
On my last visit in 2014, they just had a small number of big mature guys, some of whom must have been at least late 30s. Thanks to the glass door, I was able to assess the situation from the middle of the street & not venture inside on more recent visits.

The bar had long since become an irrelevance, so perhaps a fresh start with new management is the way forward.

neddy3
October 7th, 2016, 14:47
Remember Funny Boys?
Remember how it looked inside?

Well, you'll never see it again.

By chance this morning, I had breakfast nearby, and saw a work crew.
The inside has been stripped back to bare floor and walls.
Nothing remains of the fittings.

Maybe someone has heard about the plans for this site?

catawampuscat
October 7th, 2016, 15:56
It's too good a location to sit empty.

Oliver
October 7th, 2016, 16:07
Neddy is correct....the pneumatic drills are still going at 16.00. As far as the future of the site is concerned, my boyfriend told me (via a Thai grapevine) what may be happening....l'll make some inquiries before further comment.

JBC1
October 7th, 2016, 16:39
It's going to be a open air Beer bar. to open later this year, I know the owners very well.

Oliver
October 7th, 2016, 16:43
Yes....that has just been confirmed to me too.

neddy3
October 10th, 2016, 12:05
It's going to be a open air Beer bar. to open later this year, I know the owners very well.

The front wall has now been removed, revealing a completely stripped out space.

gerefan2
October 11th, 2016, 00:51
Shame, I was hoping A Bomb were moving in!

Seriously, if it is to become another ordinary beer bar please god there will be no more ladyboy shows...

goji
October 11th, 2016, 01:10
Although very unfortunate, I suppose it's to be expected.

Trade moves from gogo bars to phone apps and the empty gogo bar owners notice places like Panorama are reasonably busy (at least in high season).

latintopxxx
October 11th, 2016, 11:16
...well if the gogo bars offered what I wanted at the prices I was interested in they would still be in business...they should look at volume and not supposed quality...

arsenal
October 11th, 2016, 12:12
So Latin what exactly do you want and what price are you interested in? Because it seems to me that 200-250 for a drink in a go go bar depending on whether there is a show is not excessive. It's not the Thais fault the pound has tanked. That's the fault of those fuckwits who failed to understand the difference between a protest vote (by-elections, local councils ect) and one that actually counts.

frequentfliers
October 11th, 2016, 23:38

Totally agree it was the best.When Tim died it went downhill.

latintopxxx
October 12th, 2016, 16:06
arsenal...answer is easy...I dont want to be pestered by some tranny (aka mamasan) every 3 seconds to pick a gogo, I dont want to be forced to sit theatre style facing a stage, I dont want ridiculous off fees.
What I want is to be able to sit restaurant style, mingle with the the gogos, buy drinks when I want, watch good shows, tip the gogos as and when I want, and if i want to entetain one in my room then pay a modest off fee and negotiate the gogo fee with him. Bart should nake its profit off drinks, bar owner should do his utmost to keep me there by puttingn shows and having attractive gogos that I want to talk and grope and keep buying drinks.
Just been back from fort lauderdale and " le boy" was a bar that had this magic formula...packed even on a monday.....in summer!!!!

arsenal
October 12th, 2016, 17:03
Latin: Have you finally gone over the top nuts? For a start it is absurd to compare a place in Florida with one in Pattaya. Secondly. Your long list of demands (including changing the layout of the entire place) is peppered with the words "modest price." I am also curious as to how you would "grope a go go boy" if the layout was "restaurant style." Perhaps he is just supposed to stand there while you grope him., perhaps stuffing deep fried jalapenos into your mouth as you do it. Now only recently you were boasting that you could 'buy us' with your wealth and also criticising those who were worried about the fall of the pound. So which is it? Rich Latin or Pauper Latin.

In Pattaya one can go into a bar and off a boy and enjoy a lovely sexual time with him for under 2000 baht, By my calculations that is pretty fucking cheap.

goji
October 13th, 2016, 01:18
arsenal...answer is easy...I dont want to be pestered by some tranny (aka mamasan) every 3 seconds to pick a gogo, I dont want to be forced to sit theatre style facing a stage, I dont want ridiculous off fees.

On my last trip:
1 There was not a single Pattaya gogo bar where I had a mamasan problem. They all left me in peace, or could easily be persuaded to sod off. [Classic Boys Bangkok is more problematic]
2 I am very happy to be sat facing a stage, as long as the boys wear no more than a pair of speedos and the place is well lit.
3 Pattaya off fees are not ridiculous & the bar has to make money somehow.

latintopxxx
October 13th, 2016, 01:47
...hello...some of the comments dont take reality into account...if the current formula works so well why are all the gogos failing??? Im always surprised when people do the same thing over and over again and are totally surprised when the result doesnt change....
Clearly social media apps are eating into the gogo scene, the customer demographic is changing....the bars have to evolve if they are to remain in business. Why would I pay NHT250-500 for a drink, be forced into uncomfortable theatre style seating (and i'm not even that tall) be pestered by trannies, drinks for tranny/boy, be conned into BHT400 off fees.... when i can hop onto grindr and 5 min later its at my door...lubed up, eager to please and ready to be mounted!!!
If the bars want to draw me in they gotta offer something else...get their revenue stream from another source. I still enjoy going to open air bars...beer for bht 90...sit there flirt with the boys if there are any...and will have grindr on...looking for ass.

latintopxxx
October 13th, 2016, 09:51
...and before u haters start typing away like woodpeckers on crack....I mean lubed up and ready to go....service provider knocks on door...I open....shove my fingers in his mouth to demonstrate my ownership......pull his pants down...check he is lubed up...and he is!!! Lets party....

arsenal
October 13th, 2016, 13:53
Latin wrote:
"...and before u haters start typing away like woodpeckers on crack....I mean lubed up and ready to go....service provider knocks on door...I open....shove my fingers in his mouth to demonstrate my ownership......pull his pants down...check he is lubed up...and he is!!! Lets party.... "

No you don't. But at least you've answered my question. Pauper Latin it is.

latintopxxx
October 13th, 2016, 14:10
....challenge for u...please complete...fool and his money are soon???
.....and in fact u forgot....my kink is....good arse at bargain bin prices....

arsenal
October 13th, 2016, 16:00
Indeed Indeed.

Why should I go to a top restaurant and pay over 100 quid when I can eat breakfast in a can at home for 70p?
Why should I pay $100s for decent clothes when I can get a whole outfit from the charity shop for $10?
Why should I pay west end theatre ticket prices when I can go to the local rep for a fraction of the cost?
Why should I pay for Champagne when Babycham is so much cheaper?
Why should I pay for a car when I can use buses?
Why should I buy a big piece of fillet steak when economy sausages are much better value for money?
Why should I live in a nice comfortable apartment when a small one room hovel will be less money?
Why should I pay to go to Thailand for a holiday when a weekend in Skeggy is such a bargain?

Oh those fools. How you must laugh at them Latin.

latintopxxx
October 14th, 2016, 00:54
...i'm still clutching my washboard belly rolling on the floor...

gerefan2
October 14th, 2016, 08:57
Latin...

"....and thinking of those cheap breakfasts, charity shops, local reps, bottles of Babycham, buses, sausages,hovels and Skeggy?"

Do you actually know where Skeggy is? Or even what it is?

arsenal
October 14th, 2016, 10:17
Of all the absurd claims Latin has made over the years telling us he has a washboard stomach is the most unbelievable.

scottish-guy
October 14th, 2016, 15:08
Exactly - just a couple of posts ago he told us he is practically a dwarf.

When did anybody last see a midget with abs - they are generally short and stubby with an oversized head.

I should know, I've shagged two.

:D

francois
October 14th, 2016, 17:50
When did anybody last see a midget with abs - they are generally short and stubby with an oversized head.

Well I did know this dwarf(little person) who had an oversize cock down to his knees.

scottish-guy
October 14th, 2016, 20:27
I bet he was Happy

francois
October 14th, 2016, 23:28
He sure wasn't Bashful!

latintopxxx
October 15th, 2016, 03:45
gerefan.....dont let the latntinXXX moniker confuse u....just because it says latin doest meant I .....hava tooo speaka lyke dis.....my command of the english language (only one of 4 languages that I have a very good command of....as in I would feel comfortable reading a legal doc in) ) and humour is probably on a par if not better than yours....u gotta realise that with US and UK TV/programmes being beamed worldwide programmes like " that bucket woman", r u being served, fools & horses, coro st.....become part of everyones lives..besides I was educated /brought up in an english speaking country.......

latintopxxx
October 15th, 2016, 03:46
...scotty....im shocked that u would admit to incest..really....shagging your twin brothers....