PDA

View Full Version : Colour coding

Old git
August 8th, 2016, 12:09
I'm a bit old for gawping at gogo boys and an aversion to loud music keeps me on the fringes of the action, so I don't know if this has been attempted already..

But grumbles by customers looking to get their rocks off seem a bit repetitive:

'He was a bottom and I wanted a top'

'He was a top and I wanted a bottom'

'I bought him two drinks then found another customer had already paid the bar for him'

'He was shagged out and couldn't come'

- So why not have a system of wristbands?

Maybe:

Pink - I'm a bottom
Blue - I'm a top
Green - I'm versatile
Red - I'm spoken for (or staff)
White - I'm ready to shoot my load with someone

- Anything like this been tried before?

Nirish guy
August 8th, 2016, 14:31
I refuse to see colour, I only see the person ! So, accordingly I demand the right to shag everyone equally no matter what their colour !!!! Lol

Ps also I'm half colour blind half times it seems so I'd only end up going home with some guy still having ended up playing "take your pick" and ending up with a random pot luck shagg anyway so not much point for colour for me perhaps - and actually sometimes the unknown or unusually odd / good surprise fuck from one you didn't expect are the best anyway :-)

Oliver
August 8th, 2016, 14:36
Older guys in the UK will recall the handkerchief code, allegedly used in bars and discos years ago...though I've always wondered whether this was an urban legend.

Nirish guy
August 8th, 2016, 14:38
Ha on a side note mybBF here just asked me what I was typing as I was smirking whilst typing and I told him about "should we use colour bands or not in go go bars" to which he shook his head and walked away (semi) laughing saying "what the duck is wrong with white guys" lol - so perhaps we should get a colour band for ourselves too while we're at it - you know - White for vanilla sex, red for bad payer, green for "likes to ride his boys like a pony" etc etc ? :-)?

lukylok
August 8th, 2016, 14:39
Certainly not a legend in Amsterdam in those days .....

Moses
August 8th, 2016, 15:28
Colored condoms.

a447
August 8th, 2016, 16:24
Neal had a system when he owned Happy Place. Cock size was indicated by the number of digits in the boy's number. Three digits meant hung, two medium size and one small.

I would love to see some indication of who is top, bottom of versatile. But as many guys are only bottom once they get into the room, that would not be possible. Many bottoms don't want their friends to know.

arsenal
August 8th, 2016, 16:38
What a ridiculous and rather unpleasant idea. Perhaps they could all carry billboards up and down beach road advertising their wares.

Try this.

Hello.
Do you kiss?
Do you smoke?
Do you fuck?
Do you???????????

You'll find that works rather well.

scottish-guy
August 8th, 2016, 18:51
The hanky code was certainly not an urban legend - as when I was a teenager (yes, handkerchiefs even go back that far) I used to observe guys cruising with a hanky hanging from a trouser pocket on one side or the other to denote top or bott - and then the colour or pattern on the hanky denoted the fetish or activity they were into

For years "Stay away from the brown hanky" was my motto!!

:stop_mini:

pong
August 9th, 2016, 18:37
What a ridiculous and rather unpleasant idea. Perhaps they could all carry billboards up and down beach road advertising their wares.

Try this.

Hello.
Do you kiss?
Do you smoke?
Do you fuck?
Do you???????????

You'll find that works rather well.

Really? There are several rent-boy-sites that show it all and even much more-plus tips/rates etc. You can even -thats the advantage of computers-all set it to your tastes and they make the selection. Try boys4u.com
I also remember-but its by now ages ago I was in PTY-that some of the then ''better bars'' had those folder books with desciptions+pictures of boys and some of your nagging questions printed in. The same had some m2m massageshops in ChiangMai-incl. clearly printed names+where you from-thus relieving the customer of that plight.

Old git
August 9th, 2016, 20:26
"Perhaps they could all carry billboards"

No - just a discreet little wristband that would mean nothing to the hetero community, but provide helpful guidance to those who would like to know.

"Many bottoms don't want their friends to know"

Every master plan has a flaw! - Let's say no wristband means coy - if he's cute enough he might be worth investigating..

"The hanky code was certainly not an urban legend"

Was it just an American thing? It's not something that's crossed my radar in the past, although as someone who's always had a strong preference for smaller, duskier guys, I never got seriously into the UK cruising scene..

arsenal
August 9th, 2016, 20:29
Pong: I think it's OK on a website but not in a bar. Just my personal opinion. And anyway, legally it is a problem in Thailand where the bars are not actually selling sex unlike say some of the places in Japan which are purely brothels.

scottish-guy
August 10th, 2016, 04:06
..... in Thailand where the bars are not actually selling sex unlike say some of the places in Japan which are purely brothels.

I understand what you mean but I'm reminded of the line from Romeo and Juliet "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..."

:mocking_mini:

christianpfc
August 14th, 2016, 20:00
39 underground sauna has a notice (only in Thai language) where to wear your locker key to indicate your sexual position, right or left wrist or ankle. I vaguely remember another sauna using the same system.

Couple
August 15th, 2016, 06:08
39 underground sauna has a notice (only in Thai language) where to wear your locker key to indicate your sexual position, right or left wrist or ankle. I vaguely remember another sauna using the same system.

Someone knows where you wear the bracelet has what meaning?

fountainhall
August 15th, 2016, 09:22
I always understood wearing it on your left arm/wrist means you're top, on your right you're btm. Wonder what ankle refers to?

christianpfc
August 15th, 2016, 09:58
Ankle is versatile.

scottish-guy
August 15th, 2016, 15:27
I have only ever been in one Sauna (a municipal one in my home city, when I was about 21) and I was literally shocked to walk in and see elderly guys getting blown and fucked in full view while others stood around wanking off.

I was appalled - it was like Sodom and Gomorrah - and to make sure it wasn't just a disgusting abberation I went six nights in a row.

From this experience I have difficulty in understanding why a locker key needs to be worn in a certain place to indicate anything - the ones I saw seemed to be perfectly capable of indicating their individual peccadilloes without a visual aid.

:lol:

Couple
August 16th, 2016, 00:54
Fountainhall & Christian: Thanks, learned this also no. Ankle being versatile is something I heard before.

colmx
August 16th, 2016, 02:19
hmm I always thought it was wrist for the tops and ankle for the bottoms!

In Pleasuredrome sauna in Waterloo (London) they have wrist bands available in the coffee bar which indicate if you are top, middle or bottom

arsenal
August 16th, 2016, 09:45
The fact that different people think that the wristbands' location means different things proves conclusively what an absurd idea the whole thing is. But it is the silly season in The UK so I suppose this is in keeping with that.

fountainhall
August 16th, 2016, 09:57
The fact that different people think that the wristbands' location means different things proves conclusively what an absurd idea the whole thing is
So you're happy to see that handsome cutie and all you want to do is have your way with him. Even with a considerable age difference (he's 75!) you follow him around and after some time you eventually get him interested in you and into a room. And then you remain perfectly happy that you're a total top and discover he's the same? Bit of a waste of time, especially if the sauna is pretty empty and there aren't many 75 year olds around :lol:

arsenal
August 16th, 2016, 23:04
Fountainhall: That happen to you a lot does it? I've been to more saunas than I can count all over the world and not once did I think "Oh dear, I soooo wish there was a wristband system in operation. Oh well, I suppose I'll just go home."