PDA

View Full Version : The king of garuda

Surfcrest
July 14th, 2016, 18:53

THE KING OF GARUDA
Thursday, July 14 – Sunday, July 17
The Joe Louis Thai Classical Small Puppet Theatre presents The Garuda King, a light and sound performance— with holograms—at The Thailand Cultural Centre. The performance is dedicated to the commemoration of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit’s 84th birthday. The Joe Louis troupe is well known as the best when it comes to the fine classical performing art of Thai puppetry. Don’t miss this magnificent state-of-the-art performance. Tickets are priced from B200 to B1500.

http://www.bangkok101.com/the-king-of-garuda/

fountainhall
July 15th, 2016, 11:52
I saw the fabulous Joe Louis Puppet Theatre several times when they were based in a theatre in the old night market at the foot of Wireless Road where it joins Rama 4. They are a unique Thai cultural institution and every show I saw was superb. This was also the view of several guests I took to the performances. Grab a ticket if you can! If not, the company has a small theatre in Bangkok with shows throughout much of the year. Don't worry about not understanding the action. Brief English translations are projected at the side of the stage.